You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2009-2010 University of Oklahoma Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
I am a 3 time legacy of the college of medicine with a 3.9 gpa and 28 on the mcat. Does OU put much emphasis on legacies?
I'm sure you'll be fine. You have a 12 interview score.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Someone at my school got an interview invite on Friday , really high stats (30+ and close to 4.0)
Thanks, just one. I want to throw up now from sheer nerves.
You know this means I'll be wandering the halls wondering who got the invite, right?
I want to throw up now from sheer nerves.
Did you apply broadly or just in Oklahoma?
I'm wondering if there will be more invites for Oct interviews, or if they've already been sent out and we're looking towards November instead.
hey guys! just noticed that the first interview invites went out. ah yes now the fun starts.
usually they do the invites in waves- so that should be it for october. usually the november invites find out beginning of november and all january and february invites receive notice in december, usually before finals. also if you are not awarded an interview, you will receive a letter.
any questions-just ask. might be not immediate response- ya know test block and all. enjoy undergrad 🙂
usually they do the invites in waves- so that should be it for october. usually the november invites find out beginning of november and all january and february invites receive notice in december, usually before finals. also if you are not awarded an interview, you will receive a letter.
any questions-just ask. might be not immediate response- ya know test block and all. enjoy undergrad 🙂
Did you apply broadly or just in Oklahoma?
I'm wondering if there will be more invites for Oct interviews, or if they've already been sent out and we're looking towards November instead.
Just to OU, actually. If we moved next year, my husband would lose a lot of his work towards his degree.
Nothing yet. Guess we're looking at a possible November interview?
hey guys! just noticed that the first interview invites went out. ah yes now the fun starts.
usually they do the invites in waves- so that should be it for october. usually the november invites find out beginning of november and all january and february invites receive notice in december, usually before finals. also if you are not awarded an interview, you will receive a letter.
any questions-just ask. might be not immediate response- ya know test block and all. enjoy undergrad 🙂
Boo. It seems no one on SDN got the October invites.
Perhaps Friday was a test batch and more are to come this week?

Hmm, last year people were getting Oct invites around 9/30...
Last edited:
Boo. It seems no one on SDN got the October invites.
After reading SDN, I find this hard to believe... but I suppose it's possible.
(Although my pre-med advisor said it would take about a 3.7 GPA/27 MCAT to get an October interview, and a lot of our stats are higher. So I'm confused. Maybe our cycle is really stiff competition.
)Hey guys. I'm a first year at OU right now. I just talked to Dotty (admissions director). She said interview invites have NOT gone out yet. They have a meeting at the end of the week to select the first round of interviews. Those invites will go out at the first of next week.
Hey guys. I'm a first year at OU right now. I just talked to Dotty (admissions director). She said interview invites have NOT gone out yet. They have a meeting at the end of the week to select the first round of interviews. Those invites will go out at the first of next week.
Phew! Thanks so much!
Hey guys. I'm a first year at OU right now. I just talked to Dotty (admissions director). She said interview invites have NOT gone out yet. They have a meeting at the end of the week to select the first round of interviews. Those invites will go out at the first of next week.
Interesting, I know the person at my school who "supposedly" got an interview, I'll have to call him out and report back
Interesting, I know the person at my school who "supposedly" got an interview, I'll have to call him out and report back
This should be interesting. I don't understand why someone would fabricate such a story. In any case, I guess the October interviewees will be notified next week. Don't know if I'll be in that crowd or not, but it's nice to see the process is in action.
After reading SDN, I find this hard to believe... but I suppose it's possible.
(Although my pre-med advisor said it would take about a 3.7 GPA/27 MCAT to get an October interview, and a lot of our stats are higher. So I'm confused. Maybe our cycle is really stiff competition.)
Knitress, I checked out your MDApps and you go to the same undergrad that I do. Our advisor actually told us it was about 3.7 and a 9.7 MCAT average to expect an October interview. It seems like just a minor difference, but it's huge in terms of the interview score. I'm not even sure if we can count on those numbers 100% since it really just depends on the applicant pool. But, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. I just wanted to clarify for the purposes of this thread.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Knitress, I checked out your MDApps and you go to the same undergrad that I do. Our advisor actually told us it was about 3.7 and a 9.7 MCAT average to expect an October interview. It seems like just a minor difference, but it's huge in terms of the interview score. I'm not even sure if we can count on those numbers 100% since it really just depends on the applicant pool. But, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. I just wanted to clarify for the purposes of this thread.
Your advisor probably said that because those were about the average scores for my class (29 MCAT, 3.76 GPA). Normally, the first interviews are those applicants that have at or above the previous class's average.
Our advisor actually told us it was about 3.7 and a 9.7 MCAT average
Nice. I'm a math major, but I can't do arithmetic to save my life. Even had her email open when I posted that. 29-ish it is!
Your advisor probably said that because those were about the average scores for my class (29 MCAT, 3.76 GPA). Normally, the first interviews are those applicants that have at or above the previous class's average.
For both stats independently or just higher in the combination (interview score)?
If you are a nonresident of Oklahoma but have close ties to our state, please indicate below and document these ties in the space provided. Only nonresidents with ties are required to complete this portion of the supplemental application. (Examples: born in OK, attended school in OK, family living in OK)
ok, in-state people, on this part of the application, did you just put "NO" or did you leave the whole thing blank without clicking 'yes or no'?
ok, in-state people, on this part of the application, did you just put "NO" or did you leave the whole thing blank without clicking 'yes or no'?
If you are a nonresident of Oklahoma but have close ties to our state, please indicate below and document these ties in the space provided. Only nonresidents with ties are required to complete this portion of the supplemental application. (Examples: born in OK, attended school in OK, family living in OK)
ok, in-state people, on this part of the application, did you just put "NO" or did you leave the whole thing blank without clicking 'yes or no'?
left blank, I think.
Just got a email from dotty...
"We will start sending our interview offers later this week and that process will last through November"
nothing today.
Thanks!

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bummer...I'm tired of waiting!!!Just got a email from dotty...
"We will start sending our interview offers later this week and that process will last through November"
nothing today.
I didn't get anything. Of course, my email server would be acting up right about now, so this probably just means I need to go have an, er, word with the IT people at my school, right?
well im at uco too... i just have my uco account forwarded to my gmail so i can get and handle everything from my phone.
Does it matter when you interview at OU? I either have to go on Oct. 21st, which will be difficult, or I have to push it to January...
If you interview in January you are competing for a lot less available spots. I heard they accept an extremely high percentage of 1 round interviews, and diminishes from there
Does it matter when you interview at OU? I either have to go on Oct. 21st, which will be difficult, or I have to push it to January...
OU has rolling admissions. Take the October interview.
If you interview in January you are competing for a lot less available spots. I heard they accept an extremely high percentage of 1 round interviews, and diminishes from there
OU has rolling admissions. Take the October interview.
Thanks for the advice. I took the October spot.
I got a first-day interview! I'm so excited!!!!! 😀
Also, I got the email while I was in one of the school's computer lab. I may have gotten a little overly excited about it. Got a few weird looks, but oh well.
Knitress..What do your stats look like?...just wondering to see how I compare, and congratulations!
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
whats everyone's stats? maybe we can get a trend to predict offers.
MCAT:
Verbal-9, Phys-10, Bio-10...29
average-9.67
GPA:
science-3.61
overall-3.84
OU score of 12ish
No invite as of 9-29!
Last edited:
Got an invite today. Gpa:3.8 Mcat:33
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K