2025-2026 University of Utah

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also, does anybody know what they're looking for with their "Additional Experiences" section? Is it just looking for if we have anything beyond the AMCAS 15 that we would like to add?
 
Also, does anybody know what they're looking for with their "Additional Experiences" section? Is it just looking for if we have anything beyond the AMCAS 15 that we would like to add?
I believe so. In the application they list potential options of things you could include.
 
Also, does anybody know what they're looking for with their "Additional Experiences" section? Is it just looking for if we have anything beyond the AMCAS 15 that we would like to add?
In one of the information sessions, this was called out as specifically different from the previous years when applicants were required to list *all* activities. They said that it is expected that most applicants leave this blank, but if you had an experience that didn't make the 15 activities in your primary, you would add it here.
 
Last edited:
Should i be worried if i still haven't heard anything from SFESOM? (Idaho OOS)
Have you heard anything yet...In-state and meet their baseline criteria but have yet to receive a secondary after begin verified 10 days ago..
 
Have you heard anything yet...In-state and meet their baseline criteria but have yet to receive a secondary after begin verified 10 days ago..
I did hear back from them last week. Apparently U of Utah wants you to have your letter of recommendation submitted to them before they will even give you a secondary. Odd requirement, but I got an email reminder telling me that I was missing the letters.
 
I did hear back from them last week. Apparently U of Utah wants you to have your letter of recommendation submitted to them before they will even give you a secondary. Odd requirement, but I got an email reminder telling me that I was missing the letters.
Thank you for sharing this. added my LOR and got a secondary (OOS) two days later. I'm mad I waited so long to finally add my LOR, but also grateful to have two more weeks to work on the secondary.
 
Does anybody know if it will negatively impact one's chances if they don't complete any of the optional program applications? I'm referring specifically to the RUUTE Scholars Application, the Population Health Scholars Application, and the Rural Primary Care Track Application. I'm not sure I genuinely have an interest in any of these, but I am also worried that not completing them may be seen as a lack of interest.
 
Does anybody know if it will negatively impact one's chances if they don't complete any of the optional program applications? I'm referring specifically to the RUUTE Scholars Application, the Population Health Scholars Application, and the Rural Primary Care Track Application. I'm not sure I genuinely have an interest in any of these, but I am also worried that not completing them may be seen as a lack of interest.
I’m pretty sure it says on there that they are considered separately!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Question re: the RUUTE/Rural Primary/Pop. Health tracks. I understand we cannot retroactively apply to these programs and that they are reviewed independently of other app material. But like, given their emphasis on the underserved, rural, mountain west region embedded in the general MD program as a whole, I feel like im shooting myself in the foot by not applying to one of the pathways?? my ECs/experiences are very service-heavy in the Salt Lake Valley specifically, and given this I feel a self-imposed pressure and guilt to apply to them. Ok thanks
 
Question re: the RUUTE/Rural Primary/Pop. Health tracks. I understand we cannot retroactively apply to these programs and that they are reviewed independently of other app material. But like, given their emphasis on the underserved, rural, mountain west region embedded in the general MD program as a whole, I feel like im shooting myself in the foot by not applying to one of the pathways?? my ECs/experiences are very service-heavy in the Salt Lake Valley specifically, and given this I feel a self-imposed pressure and guilt to apply to them. Ok thanks
bing_bong mentioned and on the application portal it says that they consider these pathways separately from your main application. I don't think your essays for a specific program, or lack thereof, will really impact your application as a whole. Even if they value underserved/rural health, they can only accept so many applicants into these programs. I would say don't apply if you're not interested.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad