You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2009-2010 University of Utah Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know exactly how many seats are for in-state?
I remember when it was 102 students it was 76 IS / 26 OOS
A minimum of 75% go to Utah residents. Now with 82 spots, a minimum of 56 IS, and at a maximum 8 ID and 18 OOS, which means 56/26, so it is possible that all 20 spots cut could come from instate. The exact numbers won't be formulated until everyone has matriculated.
The match went well this year. There were a lot of great matches at top notch programs across the board. There were, however, approx. 7 who ended up having to scramble. Again, for the most part, this was because the applicants were applying to competitive specialties with not so competitive apps. They all were able to scramble as far as I know.
Congrats to all who were accepted. Enjoy the interim between now and start date. Life is about to get interesting....
Congrats to all who were accepted. Enjoy the interim between now and start date. Life is about to get interesting....
I was waitlisted. Got in today! Good luck everyone.
Congrats! How did you end up finding out? Was it by mail or did you check your status online?
Mail. It didn't actually change until a day later.Congrats! How did you end up finding out? Was it by mail or did you check your status online?
I just checked my mail today around 8pm and found an acceptance letter in my mailbox! Yes! I'm so stoked! I am in the Idaho pool, so thank you to whoever decided to go elsewhere. I'm in!
Congratulations to the two of you! Nothing like an acceptance letter!
Remember to join the class of 2014 Facebook page if you've been accepted!
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=372761500740&v=info
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=372761500740&v=info
I just checked my mail today around 8pm and found an acceptance letter in my mailbox! Yes! I'm so stoked! I am in the Idaho pool, so thank you to whoever decided to go elsewhere. I'm in!
I'm so envious! I'm also on the Idaho specific wait list. I'd imagine there can't be very many of us on this list... Congrats on the acceptance! With my fingers crossed hopefully I'll be joining you in the Fall...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm so envious! I'm also on the Idaho specific wait list. I'd imagine there can't be very many of us on this list... Congrats on the acceptance! With my fingers crossed hopefully I'll be joining you in the Fall...
Thanks for the congrats. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, and all of the other hopefuls out there!
i was also accepted today from the alternate list! i'm oos, non-idaho pool! good luck everybody. is tuition for oos the non-resident for all 4 years, or will it change after a year of living in utah?
Traditionally, OOS tuition changed after your second year of going to the U. This year however, the powers that be were trying to change that; that is, OOS tuition will remain OOS for all four years. Our class will be the first affected. I'm not sure if this change went through or not, but if you went to Re-visit/orientation & look at the financial aid slides, all four years remained OOS. That being said, I'm assuming the change did take effect and the tuition will not change...I'm sure the financial aid office can be of better help; wouldn't get your hopes up though 🙂
I'm on the waitlist...maybe I'm just a pessimist, but aren't the chances of getting accepted pretty low at this point? I know I've heard of a handful of people that've been accepted in June or July in prior years, but I can't imagine there will be too much more movement on that waitlist.
Ah well...I've already applied again for the 2010-2011 cycle. What a process...
Ah well...I've already applied again for the 2010-2011 cycle. What a process...
Another Idaho applicant was accepted off of the waitlist today for anyone still floating around here. It was a buddy of mine. Out of curiosity are there any Idaho waitlisters besides me left? There are only 8 seats and I know they have pulled 3 alternates minimum to date. I feel so alone... haha.
I didn't get any emails from the UofU asking for a background check...I just tried to log in to the admissions system and it wouldn't allow me, that's about the only thing that has changed in the last few days. Can you log in to the admissions page and see if your status has changed?
Perhaps you'll be getting some good news soon? Good luck!
Perhaps you'll be getting some good news soon? Good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K