2009-2010 Wright State Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about going dual degree too - except its gunna end up costing more for the extra year's tuition...so I'm still debating.

When did you guys have the "Decision has been sent" status posted? Mines been like that for a few days but I haven't received anything....:xf:

Members don't see this ad.

Just got rejected today. Not sure what they really wanted to hear during the interview. thought it went well as the dr. mostly talked to me about how we had both overcome LDs, wine, and the local area, not to mention discouraging me from going to Case over wright state. (not that i thought i'd get into case, but my parents went there so i did apply)

just so you have the info it took 3 weeks for the decision.
in state, mcat 30, gpa and ms gpa both a 3.4. with as fair amount of extras including research experience. Good luck to everybody else

A 30 for wright state is pretty good, but that sux yo. With those stats you no doubt will get interviews other places though. Its just one school, and could be easily just luck of draw or something.

Has anyone been rejected post-secondary? I've been complete for almost two months and I haven't heard a peep out of these guys. :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been rejected post-secondary? I've been complete for almost two months and I haven't heard a peep out of these guys. :confused:

I don't think they reject anyone post-secondary/pre-interview until the end of the cycle. At least that's what I interpreted the FAQs on the admissions website to mean when it said:

How will I know if my application is complete?

When we have received your AMCAS application, completed Secondary Application, and the required letters of recommendation, your application is complete. Your file will remain in active review status until the end of the process in March. No letters of final decision are sent until that time.

Just so you have the information Wright States average mcat has increased since most online databases have updated. the last two years it was 31-32 i think. Although I had a 30 and a 3.4 gpa and interviewed sept 30th. its still early so don't worry too much.

This isn't true, so don't go by this information. The average did not change much last year. WSUBSOM really focuses on the person, not the numbers, so be genuine on your interviews, and don't make the mistake of talking about how crappy Dayton is, I learned that the hard way!

This isn't true, so don't go by this information. The average did not change much last year. WSUBSOM really focuses on the person, not the numbers, so be genuine on your interviews, and don't make the mistake of talking about how crappy Dayton is, I learned that the hard way!

Yeah, I think the average is around a 29... I got accepted and I have a 28, so just remember that it is only an average mcat...

I've been complete since the middle of July and I haven't heard anything either! Ohio State interviewed me right away, so I have no clue why Wright State is taking so long.

I've been complete since the middle of July and I haven't heard anything either! Ohio State interviewed me right away, so I have no clue why Wright State is taking so long.

are you out of state?

No, I live in Ohio. Weird, huh?

You know, I have in state friends that get interviews from pretty good schools, and don't hear a thingfrom ohio schools, idk why that is

Members don't see this ad :)
Jeez, with all these ppl getting accepted I hope there are still seats available for me... :( .... Interview this wednesday :xf:

Will I get a status update when my application goes to the committee for review, or will it just say "Secondary Application Received on..." until I hear from them?

For the record, there was no deposit fee to hold a seat in the class, right?

Will I get a status update when my application goes to the committee for review, or will it just say "Secondary Application Received on..." until I hear from them?

You'll get a status update when a decision has been made, but all it really says is something like "Your application has been reviewed by the admissions committee. A decision has been mailed to your preferred address."

They did a presentation when I went to the interview that said that the average mcat of accepted students was 31 last year, but if you have other proof cite away and i'll admit i was wrong.

They did a presentation when I went to the interview that said that the average mcat of accepted students was 31 last year, but if you have other proof cite away and i'll admit i was wrong.
the average at all MD schools for accepted students is 30.9 which is what the presentation was talking about. At Wright State its around 29.

I asked the admissions office directly what the incoming class average was at the beginning of the year.

Excel spread sheet in this forum (APUMIC and DataWhore) indicates Wright States's Median MCAT for 2008 matriculate class is 29
10 percentile MCAT is 25
90 percentile MCAT is 33

I asked the admissions office directly what the incoming class average was at the beginning of the year.

2008 GPA and MCAT Scores

Average undergraduate GPA 3.58
Average MCAT score 9.5 (*3 = 28.5...or 29)
Average biological MCAT score 9.8
Average physical sciences MCAT score 9.4
Average verbal reasoning MCAT score 9.4
Average writing MCAT score O

well, prove it? also read the post above yours.

prove it how?

i believe the other reports listed here also confirm what i was saying, with my information coming directly from the admissions office of the school i attend.

if anyone has any other questions about WSUBSOM, i'd be happy to answer, on this thread or in a PM, just let me know!

Interview invite today! Scheduled for December 2nd! Oh man, this is all real to me now. First invite :soexcited:

Was complete 9/22

Hey aberisma! Congrats on the interview! O how I long for the day that I may get one :xf:LOL To that end, I was wondering, so you said that you submitted your secondary on Aug. 21 but that your application was complete on Sept. 22. Why are the two dates different? Did you get a completion email? I only wonder because I submitted 9/18 and I was under the impression that this was the day that I was complete.

How do you know your completion date?

Amber, Congrats!!! :)

I got mine yesterday too. Just called to schedule, and apparently a spot was open for TUESDAY! I was bold and took it. Lucky that I get to hear back quickly, but less time to prepare. But it seems like from everyone's feedback, it's laid back.

Wow, this is going to be so awesome!!! First interview, and I really like this school.

Anyone else gonna be there on Tues?

Hey aberisma! Congrats on the interview! O how I long for the day that I may get one :xf:LOL To that end, I was wondering, so you said that you submitted your secondary on Aug. 21 but that your application was complete on Sept. 22. Why are the two dates different? Did you get a completion email? I only wonder because I submitted 9/18 and I was under the impression that this was the day that I was complete.

I didn't get a complete email... and I turned in the secondary on 8/14. Shortly after my letters were sent to AMCAS I had that message... I think they are fairly quick about downloading your letters... so if they are already in AMCAS, you are probably complete.

Hey amberisma! Congrats on the interview! O how I long for the day that I may get one :xf:LOL To that end, I was wondering, so you said that you submitted your secondary on Aug. 21 but that your application was complete on Sept. 22. Why are the two dates different? Did you get a completion email? I only wonder because I submitted 9/18 and I was under the impression that this was the day that I was complete.

My application wasn't complete until 9/22 because I had a slacker LOR writer and he decided to not send my in recommendation until the end of September. So it was complete after my LOR got received by amcas and my other schools around the 9/22 date. I was so pissed that he took so long. It was supposed to be submitted on 8/01 but he decided to go on sabbatical and take his good old time :mad:

Also, I did not get a completion email. You'll be complete as long as they have your LOR, secondary and payment. I think that's all that that they need. My status on their status page still says "Secondary complete" so I don't think they update those very much :shrug:

Amber, Congrats!!! :)

I got mine yesterday too. Just called to schedule, and apparently a spot was open for TUESDAY! I was bold and took it. Lucky that I get to hear back quickly, but less time to prepare. But it seems like from everyone's feedback, it's laid back.

Wow, this is going to be so awesome!!! First interview, and I really like this school.

Anyone else gonna be there on Tues?

Haha you're a better person than me. She told me there was open spots for next Tuesday, and I was like "uhhhh...what do you have after that???" Congrats on your interview and good luck!!!

Hey thanks for the info you guys! Congrats to both of you on Tues. and Dec. 2! :)

ACCEPTED! First one. Second application cycle. Feels great. October 7th interview.

So i was waitlisted here a while back. I was curious if anyone knew if they send out post interview rejections or if the waitlist = rejection. i guess what i mean is does anyone know how many people get accepted off of the waitlist (or did in past years)?

So i was waitlisted here a while back. I was curious if anyone knew if they send out post interview rejections or if the waitlist = rejection. i guess what i mean is does anyone know how many people get accepted off of the waitlist (or did in past years)?

I forget who it was, but one of the people that spoke with the applicants on my interview day said that typically the top third of the waitlist gets accepted, and that last year the top third and middle third were accepted. I think he said the waitlist is ranked in the spring sometime.

This is weird, I have been complete since September 1st, not a word from them. I am at their averages for both the MCAT and their GPA. I guarantee I am above average for the clinical experience, EC, etc. Plus I am an instate resident.

Is anyone else in the same situation, I want to hear SOMETHING from them. Anyone else in a similar situation?

Hey everyone!

Is anyone interviewing here on 12/1?

Right now I'm interviewing on 12/2, but I might call to try to change my date to 12/1. I have 5 classes on Wednesdays, and I will not have any on Tuesday because I just found out that my lab will be over by then!

Got my Wright State email address today!

Right now I'm interviewing on 12/2, but I might call to try to change my date to 12/1. I have 5 classes on Wednesdays, and I will not have any on Tuesday because I just found out that my lab will be over by then!

You should reschedule! I actually had to change from 11/24 to 12/1 and they were really understanding. When I called, it seemed like they still had spots open for that day. See you then maybe!

You should reschedule! I actually had to change from 11/24 to 12/1 and they were really understanding. When I called, it seemed like they still had spots open for that day. See you then maybe!

Do you go to OSU rosepetals?

Yeah, I think I might call and try to change it on Monday. I have the afternoon session right now on 12/2, and I would prefer the morning so my interviews would be out of the way first, but I really cannot function at 8am right now. haha Are you in the morning or afternoon?

Yeah, I think I might call and try to change it on Monday. I have the afternoon session right now on 12/2, and I would prefer the morning so my interviews would be out of the way first, but I really cannot function at 8am right now. haha Are you in the morning or afternoon?

That's actually a good question...I rescheduled and I realized that they didn't tell me if I was am or pm. I'm guessing that I'm probably pm though because that was the session I was in when I scheduled my interview the first time. But I definitely need to email them about that...I'm hoping the afternoon session because I wasn't planning on spending the night before my interview. Let me know which one you end up in!

So what do you guys think.... are schools just behind on applications or has my application been read and they are keeping it around till february to interview me if they need to fill the class? Applied to wright, UT, Cinci, Ohio State. I go to ohio state have 3.45 gpa, 34 MCAT, the usual EC's for SDN. Complete late september.... so start getting worried or not?

That's actually a good question...I rescheduled and I realized that they didn't tell me if I was am or pm. I'm guessing that I'm probably pm though because that was the session I was in when I scheduled my interview the first time. But I definitely need to email them about that...I'm hoping the afternoon session because I wasn't planning on spending the night before my interview. Let me know which one you end up in!

So, I found out that I can't reschedule my interview for the 1st because it turns out our freaking lab final exam IS the 1st. I hate when instructors lie and say that we won't be having class only to turn around and say that not only will we have class, but it will be the final. It's so depressing! And right after Thanksgiving too...who does that?!?! Oh well, good luck with your interview, I guess I'm sticking with 12/02

So what do you guys think.... are schools just behind on applications or has my application been read and they are keeping it around till february to interview me if they need to fill the class? Applied to wright, UT, Cinci, Ohio State. I go to ohio state have 3.45 gpa, 34 MCAT, the usual EC's for SDN. Complete late september.... so start getting worried or not?

usually its if you haven't heard in 8 weeks should contact the office with either update letter or see if they are moving anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.