Ave21

10+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Checked the MODS site today and sure enough there is more info regarding match info. Not sure if its true since we weren't supposed to find out until Dec. 17th or not but it looks like match results. I'm also not sure if its a mistake on the Army's part since I haven't heard anything from Air force or navy folks. All Army HPSP should check and confirm. I'm sure GME is going to be bombarded with phone calls in the next few hours!!!

Ave21

10+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
No data to post, this is specifically where we all are matching, basically MATCH DAY for us a month early. Either goof up by the Army or just earlier than expected

About the Ads

DrBloodmoney

Pathology
15+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2002
At a microscope
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
No data to post, this is specifically where we all are matching, basically MATCH DAY for us a month early. Either goof up by the Army or just earlier than expected

GME committee meets the week after Thanksgiving in DC. Whatever you are seeing is unlikely to be accurate...

Ave21

10+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
its interesting because some folks are seeing their deferments, their 1st/2nd choices. Seems pretty legit...we'll see

GMO2003

15+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I'm with DBM...unless the JSGMEB has decided to break with tradition for the past god knows for how long..me thinks what you are seeing is an admin mistake...which is not too far out of the realm of possiblity for the military:smuggrin:

Gastrapathy

I’m just here so I don’t get fined
10+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I'm with DBM...unless the JSGMEB has decided to break with tradition for the past god knows for how long..me thinks what you are seeing is an admin mistake...which is not too far out of the realm of possiblity for the military:smuggrin:

Its interesting though, isn't it? Since they said they would use a new match process this year for PGY1 and it would basically be done prior to the GMESB, this could well be accurate info and mistakenly posted. Anyone with access able to post the list or can you just see your own info? I'd expect it to be taken down any moment if its real and not just last years data (which it doesn't sound like based on the earlier posts).

WACAT

10+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
The info is taken down. It did show results of where I was matching so it is probably the data from the computer match, still yet to be revised by the JSGMEB. Someone must have mistakenly posted it online. There were no overall statistics, just whether or not you were selected and the training location.

NavyFP

10+ Year Member
May 18, 2006
Manning a Cubicle
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Army is using the same system it has for several years. It is Navy that is using a new system. No results from them yet though. What may have been posted was a test run. It may end up reflective of the approved match, but don't go buying a house based on that information. You have no idea how much data was in that pull or what changes will happen at the board.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.