2009 Summer Opto-Camp at UC Berkeley!

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Berkeley Optom

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear Prospective Optometry Students,

The Admissions and Student Affairs Office at UC Berkeley's School of Optometry is pleased to announce that we will once again offer our summer "Opto-Camp" program. We will offer two sessions this summer, June 15-17 and July 20-22.

The goal of Berkeley Optometry's Opto-Camp is to introduce underrepresented pre-health science majors to Optometry as a potential future career track and to prepare them to be successful applicants to optometry school. The objective of Berkeley Optometry's Opto-Camp is to present a three-day "in residence" experience that will provide participants with opportunities to learn about the profession of optometry and the process of becoming an optometrist.

Opto-Camp is FREE to participants, excluding travel to and from the UC Berkeley campus.

Program specifics and the application are linked here:
http://optometry.berkeley.edu/opt_tx...toptocamp.html

Please note that the application deadline is on Monday, April 27, 2009.

Best wishes,
Heather

--
Heather Iwata
Assistant Director of Admissions and Student Affairs
UC Berkeley School of Optometry
397 Minor Hall
Berkeley, CA. 94720-2020
http://optometry.berkeley.edu

Members don't see this ad.

YAY OPTO CAMP!!!! I just got back from opto camp and would totally recommend it to anyone who thinks that they want to go to optometry school. It was really informative. The program really helped me to understand what I need to do in order to be a successful applicant.

YAY OPTO CAMP!!!! I just got back from opto camp and would totally recommend it to anyone who thinks that they want to go to optometry school. It was really informative. The program really helped me to understand what I need to do in order to be a successful applicant.

Sounds even geekier than band camp.

Members don't see this ad :)