2010-2011 PhD/PsyD Interview Invite thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone, anything from CSU? They are the last ones on my list, and now the curiousity is starting to get the best of me!

I'm thinking if no one has heard anything yet, it will probably be this week (according to last years thread).

I still can't believe that they don't interview!! (I read this info on an earlier post in this thread)

I guess it makes a little bit of sense though, with how late they are extending acceptances/rejections.

Any info is appreciated!
They said by the end of Feb., so lets hope for this week : )

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
OMG first acceptance. I'm like hyperventilating. :soexcited:
Yeshiva combined PsyD- It's not my first choice but I'm so excited!!

Am just wondering if anyone has heard from Widener? I called last week and was told I'm being considered for an interview and they would send out an email invites "sometime in the next 2 weeks."

Thus far, nothing in my inbox. I'm trying to be optimistic and tell myself that there's still another week to go, according to what they said, and I'm being considered. But that's exactly what I was told last year and I was rejected.

So, has anyone gotten an interview invite for Widener's final interview day on March 9th?

OMG first acceptance. I'm like hyperventilating. :soexcited:
Yeshiva combined PsyD- It's not my first choice but I'm so excited!!

CONGRATS!!! I rejoice with you - don't know you but that's great. I hope I will get to know that feeling also and, rather sooner than later...

:):):):soexcited::soexcited::clap:

Ms. Phipps

Does anyone have any information or insight regarding Hofstra's waitlist? It is frustrating to be told that I am on the list, but to have no idea what "position" I am. It also seems that a lot of people are waitlisted. I have never heard of being waitlisted without first interviewing. I am wondering if they will begin to call the waitlist people in for interviews if they do not fill up their class in coming weeks?

Does anyone have any information or insight regarding Hofstra's waitlist? It is frustrating to be told that I am on the list, but to have no idea what "position" I am. It also seems that a lot of people are waitlisted. I have never heard of being waitlisted without first interviewing. I am wondering if they will begin to call the waitlist people in for interviews if they do not fill up their class in coming weeks?

I'm wait-listed for an interview as well. It's really weird, but I guess that it's better than a rejection. Has anyone ever heard of anyone being taken off of waitlists like this?

I called Ferkauf & they're done extending interviews, and will be sending final notices in the mail this week & next.

I called St. John's, and they said they are still extending invites up until the first week of March. Does this seem late to anyone? They're app deadline was Jan 15, but sending invites in March seems super late. Maybe that's their wait list invites? They're one of my last chances so the torture continues...

I'm wait-listed for an interview as well. It's really weird, but I guess that it's better than a rejection. Has anyone ever heard of anyone being taken off of waitlists like this?

Did anybody else receive a wait-listed email or possibly rejection/acceptance email??? I am nervous, curious, and want to know and don't want to know :idea:
Actually, I am a nervous wreck...:scared::scared:

PS: for after the interview, of course

Does anyone know if Pepperdine is done extending interview invites for their psyd program??

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anybody else receive a wait-listed email or possibly rejection/acceptance email??? I am nervous, curious, and want to know and don't want to know :idea:
Actually, I am a nervous wreck...:scared::scared:

PS: for after the interview, of course

I was actually talking about being put on a waitlist to be interview. I spoke with someone in the Psych Department and she told me I was very high on the waitlist to be interviewed so if they didn't like the people in their first round, I could possibly be asked to interview with them.

Has anyone heard of that happening? Being put on a waitlist to interview somewhere and then being taken off because the people they initially interviewed sucked? I just assume that everybody they invited first is amazing and perfect and there wouldn't be any need to call me off the bench.

Received via email today:

Dear Clinical Applicants,

Our admissions committee has completed it evaluation of applicants to the doctoral program in clinical psychology at the University of Memphis. I regret to inform you that we will not be able to admit you this year. We receive many more applications than we have positions available, and we must make difficult decisions among very qualified applicants such as you.

We wish to thank you for allowing us to review your application material and for considering the graduate program in clinical psychology at The University of Memphis. We wish you every success in accomplishing your career goals.

I was actually talking about being put on a waitlist to be interview. I spoke with someone in the Psych Department and she told me I was very high on the waitlist to be interviewed so if they didn't like the people in their first round, I could possibly be asked to interview with them.

Has anyone heard of that happening? Being put on a waitlist to interview somewhere and then being taken off because the people they initially interviewed sucked? I just assume that everybody they invited first is amazing and perfect and there wouldn't be any need to call me off the bench.

I think that it's entirely possible. However, I think a more likely scenario is if someone who they invite to interview declines the interview or cancels, they might invite someone off the wait list. Stay positive!

Hi, would anyone who has an in-person interview at UM mind PMing me their POI? I had a phone interview last week and I am still waiting to hear back...

Got an interview at La Salle as well- congrats on your 2 acceptances (I haven't gotten any of those yet). :)

Me too! Got my email from there yesterday. It's nice since I haven't heard from the other place I interviewed at yet!

I think that it's entirely possible. However, I think a more likely scenario is if someone who they invite to interview declines the interview or cancels, they might invite someone off the wait list. Stay positive!

I agree. The program I attend doesn't host multiple interview days, but given the relative speed with which some candidates are screened out, I could see how maintaining a wait-list (and actually making use of that list) would be completely viable at other universities.

Has anyone heard anything from CUNY Graduate Center for School Psychology (Ed Psych with School Psych specialization)? Thanks!

Refresh Gradcafe, refresh the forum, refresh Gradcafe, refresh the forum, refresh Gradcafe, refresh the forum.

If hell is repetition, what circle am I in right now?! Waiting on schools is not fun at all...

i've heard nothing from vanderbilt and it's not on the thread... anyone know anything?

Refresh Gradcafe, refresh the forum, refresh Gradcafe, refresh the forum, refresh Gradcafe, refresh the forum.

If hell is repetition, what circle am I in right now?! Waiting on schools is not fun at all...

Seriously! I can't wait until next year when I'm half way through my first year watching other people have this stress :laugh:

I'm still waiting to hear back from them as well- no one on the forum has reported getting an interview invite yet.

I tried calling them yesterday but no one answered the phone all day long- same thing happened with Hofstra :(

Has anyone heard anything from CUNY Graduate Center for School Psychology (Ed Psych with School Psych specialization)? Thanks!

Anyone heard from Seton Hall or know when their interview week is? I am really needing to coordinate with a job interview that has come up. ......has anyone applied to Seton Hall's counseling phd?

i've heard nothing from vanderbilt and it's not on the thread... anyone know anything?

If you're talking about the Clinical Psych Ph.D program, I know that at least one faculty member sent out offers. I didn't interview there, but my friend did and received an offer. Hope you get one soon!!

Just heard from Hofstra. Looks like invites are going out. Interview day is on 3/18

I'm still waiting to hear back from them as well- no one on the forum has reported getting an interview invite yet.

I tried calling them yesterday but no one answered the phone all day long- same thing happened with Hofstra :(

Just heard from Hofstra. Looks like invites are going out. Interview day is on 3/18

Hofstra PhD clinical? I thought that they already sent out invites a while ago for a 3/4 interview? Are they pulling off of their waitlist now? I am on an interview waitlist and have not heard anything. I am wondering when/if I can give up hope! :eek:

Anyone heard from Seton Hall or know when their interview week is? I am really needing to coordinate with a job interview that has come up. ......has anyone applied to Seton Hall's counseling phd?

***still waiting***:thumbup:

Sorry I should have clarified. Hofstra Psy.D in School-Community.

Hofstra PhD clinical? I thought that they already sent out invites a while ago for a 3/4 interview? Are they pulling off of their waitlist now? I am on an interview waitlist and have not heard anything. I am wondering when/if I can give up hope! :eek:

Did anyone on here go to the open house interview day at Central Michigan University on 2/18? If so, could you please PM me? I was invited to attend, but was unable to do so due to another interview. I've been having trouble communicating with my POI at CMU, and I'd really like to know what kind of information about the program was presented during the visit. If anyone went to CMU and wouldn't mind filling me in with some basic info and their impressions on the visit, I'd really appreciate a message from you - thanks!

Do you know if they're done sending letters? Did you get an acceptance to the program or for an interview? I didn't think people got official acceptances until March/April.
Also, do you know if all the programs send them out at the same time? I applied to the Clinical PsyD at Yeshiva =/

On a positive note, I got an invite to La Salle as well, so I'll be seeing some of you there =]

Sorry, the top question part was for PsychGirl07. (First time posting here, I was trying to reply straight to the message.)

Do you know if they're done sending letters? Did you get an acceptance to the program or for an interview? I didn't think people got official acceptances until March/April.
Also, do you know if all the programs send them out at the same time? I applied to the Clinical PsyD at Yeshiva =/

On a positive note, I got an invite to La Salle as well, so I'll be seeing some of you there =]

I interviewed there on Feb 10, and was told that I wouldn't hear back until mid March for a decision... I'm not sure why I heard back so early (not that I'm complaining lol) but the email did say it was an official acceptance and I'd be getting an additional letter in the mail soon (as opposed to another email that I got that said it wasn't "official" until i got the letter..?)

That being said, I don't think all of the programs are sending out acceptances at the same time. I haven't heard anyone on here or gradcafe post about Yeshiva's Clinical PsyD, so I really wouldn't worry too much yet. If they told you that you would be hearing in mid March, then I would start getting nervous then. Good luck!! :luck:

Sorry, the top question part was for PsychGirl07. (First time posting here, I was trying to reply straight to the message.)

Just noticed now, if this helps at all- according to gradcafe, it looks like people are interviewing today for their Clinical PsyD program... if they haven't finished interviews yet, I think you're still good :thumbup:

Just noticed now, if this helps at all- according to gradcafe, it looks like people are interviewing today for their Clinical PsyD program... if they haven't finished interviews yet, I think you're still good :thumbup:

Crap. I didn't get an invite. Just to be safe I emailed admissions to see if there's any chance I might still get one. Doesn't look good though =/
Thanks for the feedback. Congratulations on your acceptance =]

If anyone knows, I got an update from a research team I'm currently on regarding the APA conference. The PI said that I can email my schools and let them know to increase my chances. But seeing as most doctoral programs have already sent out invitations or even finished interviewing, do you think it's worth it? I would feel kind of silly sending a program this info, just to get an email back saying they already finished the interviewing process, and I never even got an invite.

Is there an acceptance thread on Studentdoctor somewhere? I'm checking Gradcafe religiously, but I just want to make sure that I'm not missing anything.

Just found out- Yeshiva Clinical PsyD is done interviewing.

If anyone knows, I got an update from a research team I'm currently on regarding the APA conference. The PI said that I can email my schools and let them know to increase my chances. But seeing as most doctoral programs have already sent out invitations or even finished interviewing, do you think it's worth it? I would feel kind of silly sending a program this info, just to get an email back saying they already finished the interviewing process, and I never even got an invite.

This same thing happened to me about a month ago. I emailed an updated cv. Most replied that they would put it in my folder for consideration. At this point it might be too late in the process, but emails don't cost anything so it's worth a shot.