2010-2011 Rush Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you who got in, did you find out through e-mail or an actual physical letter?

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you who got in, did you find out through e-mail or an actual physical letter?

You will receive an email from the RMC_Interviews email address that will have a pdf attached of the acceptance letter. I got a physical copy of that letter about 4 days later. There will be another email coming shortly afterward asking for the seat deposit.

Anybody have an idea if they are still granting interviews / has the class been filled at this point?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody have an idea if they are still granting interviews / has the class been filled at this point?

I had my interview on March 3rd, submitted my secondary December 15ish (I'm OOS also). During the interview, we were informed that there are more than enough spots left to allow every person in the room (about 20 of us) a spot, and still have some left over for a few more interviews! They went on to say however, they probably won't interview as many as they did last year as well though (meaning they probably won't have as many interview invites for the last week of march).

Has anyone scheduled an interview for the last week of March yet? Last year I think the final date was around March 24 so just trying to gauge whether or not they're still handing out invites for that around that date (or later)

Last edited:
I think I am going to second look.

I can also say at this point that I will most likely be attending Rush next year, and am very glad about that.

Looking forward to meeting all of my classmates and spending four years working hard together, learning a lot, and becoming excellent physicians:)

Has anyone scheduled an interview for the last week of March yet? Last year I think the final date was around March 24 so just trying to gauge whether or not they're still handing out invites for that around that date (or later)

Hey, I just scheduled an interview for March 30th this morning (their last date I believe). I think they sent the email at 2:53 am?...So there's still hope--best of luck!

Hey, I just scheduled an interview for March 30th this morning (their last date I believe). I think they sent the email at 2:53 am?...So there's still hope--best of luck!

Nice. Congrats - Mind sharing when you were complete?

Waitlisted here :(:(:(:( Bye bye no.1 choice, hey I'm just glad I'll finally be in med school this fall. :)

Waitlisted here :(:(:(:( Bye bye no.1 choice, hey I'm just glad I'll finally be in med school this fall. :)

sorry to hear that, but congrats on the acceptance elsewhere! would you mind sharing when you interviewed? i interviewed in 3/2 & i am anxiously waiting to hear back...

sorry to hear that, but congrats on the acceptance elsewhere! would you mind sharing when you interviewed? i interviewed in 3/2 & i am anxiously waiting to hear back...

I interviewed 2/9. I think they said it takes app 4-6 weeks before you hear back from them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted:soexcited:! Just got the email from my number one choice!

For those still waiting, good luck! I'm OOS, Interviewed 3/2, Completed my secondary 12/15, and URM (Mexican).

Last edited:

For those still waiting, good luck! I'm OOS, Interviewed 3/2, Completed my secondary 12/15, and UMR (Mexican).

Congrats!!! Now go CELEBRATE!!!

For those still waiting, good luck! I'm OOS, Interviewed 3/2, Completed my secondary 12/15, and URM (Mexican).

Congrats!! Chicago is a great city! This is my #1 too, so I'll see ya in the Fall.. You going to the second look?

me too! i'll probably end up going there...in state, completed 9/15, interviewed 3/2

Congrats!! Chicago is a great city! This is my #1 too, so I'll see ya in the Fall.. You going to the second look?

Yeah I'll most likely be going to second look, what are the exact dates of second look anyways?

me too! i'll probably end up going there...in state, completed 9/15, interviewed 3/2

Nice, I wish I had gotten to know more of the interviewing group, I only met and talked to about 3-4 people, you going to second look?

Yeah I'll most likely be going to second look, what are the exact dates of second look anyways?

Second look day is April 15th. It seems like it will be a good info day for housing, finaid, etc. You should be getting an Evite email from Jill soon to RSVP.

First time poster but long time reader. I got in a few days ago and I am really excited about Rush!

Second look day is April 15th. It seems like it will be a good info day for housing, finaid, etc. You should be getting an Evite email from Jill soon to RSVP.

Sounds informative, will you be attending? I'm still waiting for the e-mail. Do you know what time it ends on April 15th? I have to book a ticket to go back for that day.

Sounds informative, will you be attending? I'm still waiting for the e-mail. Do you know what time it ends on April 15th? I have to book a ticket to go back for that day.

I am planning on going. I go to school 6 hours away, but my family is only an hour out of town, which makes it a little bit easier. I'm really excited to start meeting everyone and I'd love to find someone who would want to go in on a 2br with me. Or of course we could find 5 of us and pull a Grey's :)

As for second look, the e-vite says it is 9:30a-3:30p, lunch included, business casual dress.

If you're not in our c/o 2015 group, you should join :)

To add on the previous post, they will be providing student hosting, available for Thursday and Friday night (you go through their Rush interview hosting email).

If you join the Rush facebook group, you can see a group of people are already planning a post second look tour of Chicago, a great way to meet a group of possible future classmates and see Chicago.

Does anyone know if Rush accepts letters of interest from waitlisted applicants?

anyone know if there are still dates left? How long do they interview? Congrats to all who got in!!!

anyone know if there are still dates left? How long do they interview? Congrats to all who got in!!!

I was told at my early Feb interview date that they would interview through March, but you never know. Best of luck!

Does anyone know if Rush accepts letters of interest from waitlisted applicants?
Yup! Just send it to the main email address. Make sure you follow up though, mine had gotten caught in a spam filter and they never received it.

Been following SDN for a while. Thanks for everyone posting updates. I Heard back from Rush yesterday after work. Interviewed 2/23. Was rejected. Good luck to everyone else, maybe I'll see you next year.

Interviewed 3/30. Seemed like an awesome school. Hoping for some good news in the next few weeks...

To add on the previous post, they will be providing student hosting, available for Thursday and Friday night (you go through their Rush interview hosting email).

If you join the Rush facebook group, you can see a group of people are already planning a post second look tour of Chicago, a great way to meet a group of possible future classmates and see Chicago.

Do you know what the Facebook group is called?? I'm coming to second look day and I'd love to join in on the tour of chicago :)

I interviewed on March 23rd and the lady said that there was one more day after that. It looks like those that interviewed in March are starting to hear back so hopefully some news comes my way soon

Received some good news from Rush earlier today (4/8), four weeks and two days after interviewing (3/9). :) Excited to go to second look!

Does anyone know if Rush has any more interview days available? Thanks.

Their last interview day was March 30th. I heard there was supposed to be a decision on some of the last interview dates today. Anyone from either the 23 or 30th interview dates hear good news today?

ACCEPTED!!!! Interviewed 3/30. SOOOO pumped. Rush was one of my top choices at the beginning of the cycle - Can't wait for the fall!

ACCEPTED!!!! Interviewed 3/30. SOOOO pumped. Rush was one of my top choices at the beginning of the cycle - Can't wait for the fall!

Me too! Also interviewed 3/30. I remember feeling skeptical when Jill said they'd try to get back to people before April 15. Amazing that they were able to follow through on that. I can't wait for 2nd look day!

Me too! Also interviewed 3/30. I remember feeling skeptical when Jill said they'd try to get back to people before April 15. Amazing that they were able to follow through on that. I can't wait for 2nd look day!

Nicee congrats guys!

I also interviewed on the 30th but I haven't heard anything yet, so I guess I didn't get in. =(

Nicee congrats guys!

I also interviewed on the 30th but I haven't heard anything yet, so I guess I didn't get in. =(

Haven't heard anything either way either...wondering if anyone from 3/30 has gotten a rejection or waitlist notification yet?

Didn't get to make it to 2nd look, how did it go?

Didn't get to make it to 2nd look, how did it go?

Pretty well. Dr. Jacob and Dr. Boyd went into some more detail about the curriculum, David Nelson talked a bit more about financial aid, there was a chance to meet student reps from various med student associations and RCSIP projects over lunch, a student panel (composed of students from all four years), and a Q&A with Jill. There was also an opportunity to view the apartments at Center Court, and a reception at the nearby hotel (didn't go to that one).

Did you have any specific questions?

Is march the lastmonth of interviews. I heard they go through april. I havent heard anything yet .Does that mean i can consider it an eventual rejection??? Do they give wait-list without interview?

Is march the lastmonth of interviews. I heard they go through april. I havent heard anything yet .Does that mean i can consider it an eventual rejection??? Do they give wait-list without interview?

Unfortunately, when I interviewed (3/30), they said a number of times that it was the last interview date. I suspect when people told you about them going through April, that's with final decisions. But I think that they're done giving out interviews. I don't know for sure if they give wait-lists without interviews, but I would doubt it.

Sorry for the bad news.:(

I have heard nothing from Rush since February when I was told by someone (via email) at the Admissions Office I'd hear by the end of March. I then sent an email requesting an update on Mar 31 that went unaswered, and then one last week--also no response!

There's no phone # to call on their website. So I tried the undergrad admissions #, then got transferred to some med school office (but not admissions), but they said Admissions has no one that I can be transferred to.

This is totally bogus! EVERY OTHER MED SCHOOL HAS A PHONE NUMBER AND A PERSON WHO WILL ANSWER.

What's the deal here?! Can I get my money back??

I have heard nothing from Rush since February when I was told by someone (via email) at the Admissions Office I'd hear by the end of March. I then sent an email requesting an update on Mar 31 that went unaswered, and then one last week--also no response!

There's no phone # to call on their website. So I tried the undergrad admissions #, then got transferred to some med school office (but not admissions), but they said Admissions has no one that I can be transferred to.

This is totally bogus! EVERY OTHER MED SCHOOL HAS A PHONE NUMBER AND A PERSON WHO WILL ANSWER.

What's the deal here?! Can I get my money back??

Yea they don't have any way of reaching admissions other than email. It's frustrating but I guess there's nothing we can do. If you haven't had an interview yet then you can consider it a rejection. I was also at the 30th interview date and they told us it was the last one.

Has anyone from that date heard back today? Jill said if not last Tuesday then today. I'll post if I hear something.....

Yea they don't have any way of reaching admissions other than email. It's frustrating but I guess there's nothing we can do. If you haven't had an interview yet then you can consider it a rejection. I was also at the 30th interview date and they told us it was the last one.

Has anyone from that date heard back today? Jill said if not last Tuesday then today. I'll post if I hear something.....

I haven't heard anything back yet either, but I'll let ya know if I do! Some people from the 3/30 interview group have already gotten acceptances, so I'm not getting my hopes up but I'd like to know whether I've been waitlisted or rejected.

Found out today!!!! Oh. My. God. So excited. Don't lose hope.

Can't wait to meet everyone!

I'm thinking of living at center court. Can someone who's lived there comment on your experience? I don't want to live alone and was probably gonna look for a double.

Class of 2015 baby!!! Go Bulls!

Status
Not open for further replies.