2010-2011 Tulane Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats!! So there is hope...

On a weird note, I was told by Ms. Vargas today that there has been no movement off the acceptance range, and that none is anticipated. Any ideas as to why that's their position? I mean, if there are ppl still getting in, what's the harm in telling us....

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats!! So there is hope...

On a weird note, I was told by Ms. Vargas today that there has been no movement off the acceptance range, and that none is anticipated. Any ideas as to why that's their position? I mean, if there are ppl still getting in, what's the harm in telling us....

sounds to me that the class is now exactly at capacity, but that's good news. So, if it was at 200 a month ago, it must be now at it's target of 187, and 1 person is getting in for every person that withdraws after getting into another waitlist.

So perhaps Ms. Vargas is saying no movement is anticipated to err on the side of caution, in case no one theoretically withdraws from now till aug 1. That, or in a more pessismistic scenario, the admissions committee gives out 1 or 2 golden tickets off the WL each year, no matter how full the class is...though this doesn't seem plausible IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.