2011-2012 Emory Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Submitted 7/26, completed today. MSTP

Members don't see this ad.

Interview invites will start going out sometime this week. GL!

Members don't see this ad :)
i submitted 8/1 and my letters were downloaded by them on 7/18 and it says still not complete - this is normal right? The only thing is they say "you won't be complete until all letters in step 5 are received" - mine were all together in one packet so...they must have them....it's been two weeks since 8/1 today though so...should i be expecting to be complete soon?

i submitted 8/1 and my letters were downloaded by them on 7/18 and it says still not complete - this is normal right? The only thing is they say "you won't be complete until all letters in step 5 are received" - mine were all together in one packet so...they must have them....it's been two weeks since 8/1 today though so...should i be expecting to be complete soon?

Yeah, you're probably all set. It took them ~2.5 weeks to mark me complete last cycle, so I wouldn't sweat it.

Hey "90minIPA", how will we be notified about interviews? email, phone, snail-mail? I'm really anxious here, Emory is tied for my top choice against UTSW and Baylor.

How do you know this?

Last year, the first invites came out the first week of Sept. I hope you're right, that's for sure!

I'm a current M1 here, and admissions mentioned that they're hoping to send out invites this week. If the system is the same as last year, the invites will come via e-mail.

Keep in mind, if you don't get an invite in the next couple of weeks, you're not necessarily out of the game. I submitted my secondary in August last year and received an invite in late December, so stay hopeful even if you don't hear anything!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview invite today!! Came via e-mail and scheduled by Emory for 9/12.

:luck: to all!

When were you complete? Emory is my certifiable top choice...I'm curious to know the timeline. I visited their campus a few weeks ago, and the admissions office was incredibly friendly. They also said that people completed in early/mid July should expect to hear sometime during August.

I was completed on July 12. Also, if you don't mind, what are your stats?

When were you complete? Emory is my certifiable top choice...I'm curious to know the timeline. I visited their campus a few weeks ago, and the admissions office was incredibly friendly. They also said that people completed in early/mid July should expect to hear sometime during August.

I was completed on July 12. Also, if you don't mind, what are your stats?

I was complete 7/20
3.8/3.8 34Q

I LOVE Emory :love:

:luck:!!!! :luck:

wasn't complete til beginning of august... let the second stage of nervous waiting begin :)

:luck:!!!! :luck:

wasn't complete til beginning of august... let the second stage of nervous waiting begin :)

Thanks!! Good luck to you and all waiting for news :D
This was unexpected for me...

Interview invite today at 10:30am!

OOS, AMCAS complete 6/2, Emory complete 7/12

Congrats to everyone! Emory is a great school.

I love Emory, so here's hoping that I get a little ringy in a bit from my email.

congrats everyone!!!

Emory is in my top 2, I'd do anything to get an interview here :luck:

Just got the complete e-mail

Submitted 8/6 and MCAT scores were released on 8/9

Wow Emory does take an unusually long time to complete...
Submitted 8/4, Complete 8/18

First e-mail in my inbox after a trip was the interview invite!! Can't wait!

Maybe I'll meet my Daemon-Tools brother!

:thumbup:

On a related note, I'm familiar with the Emory area, ATL airport, and Atlanta in general (used to live there), so if anyone has any questions about getting to the interview or things to do in the city if you're there before/after, feel free to PM me. (I'm not much of a thread-checker, but I get notifications for PMs!)

Last edited:
:thumbup:

On a related note, I'm familiar with the Emory area, ATL airport, and Atlanta in general (used to live there), so if anyone has any questions about getting to the interview or things to do in the city if you're there before/after, feel free to PM me. (I'm not much of a thread-checker, but I get notifications for PMs!)

+1. I went there undergrad so I know the area and all the good places to go too!

are 112 words in the "100 words or less" questions really a huge no-no? I have edited the absolute crap out of this thing and cannotttt get it down any further... also, was the consensus that a list sort of format was okay for describing your interest in emory? thanks in advance :D

are 112 words in the "100 words or less" questions really a huge no-no? I have edited the absolute crap out of this thing and cannotttt get it down any further... also, was the consensus that a list sort of format was okay for describing your interest in emory? thanks in advance :D
The general consensus is to follow directions exactly. No reason to risk it.

Hoping for some Emory love :D:xf:

The general consensus is to follow directions exactly. No reason to risk it.

Hoping for some Emory love :D:xf:

eee okay so ill cut 13 more words lol, what about not using complete sentences on the other question?
good luck to you!! :thumbup:

I submitted my secondary application for Emory on August 19 and all of my letters were received before that date (all of my letters are in). On the secondary website it says it may take up to two weeks to formally complete the application and today is two weeks, yet my application says that it is not yet complete.
Has anyone else had their secondary take this long to be officially completed?

Thanks

I submitted my secondary application for Emory on August 19 and all of my letters were received before that date (all of my letters are in). On the secondary website it says it may take up to two weeks to formally complete the application and today is two weeks, yet my application says that it is not yet complete.
Has anyone else had their secondary take this long to be officially completed?

Thanks

I submitted on Aug 6 and was complete on Aug 18. I wouldn't worry about it yet, you'll probably be complete soon.

Congrats on all the invites everyone!!! I'd gladly trade 2 or even 3 of my invites for 1 at Emory :)

Status
Not open for further replies.