2011-2012 Emory Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, they snail-mail out acceptances on these dates, so it may be a few days before you find out.

The 10/24 mail date makes me think that they have selected or are close to selecting the first batch. Good luck everyone! :xf:

According to what they told us on interview day...the adcom met yesterday and they mail acceptances on Monday. SO nervous!!! :xf:Our fate has been decided...

:luck: everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Interview Invite!! I was so surprised, honestly was really not expecting to get an interview from Emory but I'm extremely excited to visit Atlanta and see the Emory Healthcare System.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview Invite!! I was so surprised, honestly was really not expecting to get an interview from Emory but I'm extremely excited to visit Atlanta and see the Emory Healthcare System.

when were you complete?

just wondering, the people who are not in this batch of acceptances, are they notified as put on hold, or just don't hear anything?

just wondering, the people who are not in this batch of acceptances, are they notified as put on hold, or just don't hear anything?

On the website, Emory states that they don't notify anyone until the end of the season. This basically means they're a silent rejection committee until the end.

On the website, Emory states that they don't notify anyone until the end of the season. This basically means they're a silent rejection committee until the end.

Does anyone know if they will give feedback if you contact or express interest?

I would love to attend and am a local candidate; but am honestly expecting a rejection. However, if reaching out to them might get me an interview, or a feel as to if one would be coming in the future it would help with planning.

Thanks,

Does anyone know if they will give feedback if you contact or express interest?

I would love to attend and am a local candidate; but am honestly expecting a rejection. However, if reaching out to them might get me an interview, or a feel as to if one would be coming in the future it would help with planning.

Thanks,

Unlikely. I'm local and have contacts at Emory and I have adcomm friends who want me to go there but no interview has appeared.

Unlikely. I'm local and have contacts at Emory and I have adcomm friends who want me to go there but no interview has appeared.

Kinda what I figured, but I was hoping maybe there was a secret handshake that gets you an interview that someone knew about.

I guess we both keep waiting and hoping :xf:

First set of acceptances mailed out today. Please have some good news for me, USPS :xf:. Wish I still had my GA address, instead I'm waiting a couple extra days on the other side of the country.

Members don't see this ad :)
I must admit, this morning when I turned the page in my planner and saw in all caps "FIRST BATCH OF EMORY ACCEPTANCES RELEASED TODAY!!", I freaked out a little bit.

This school is so incredible; please love me as much as I love you! :love: That said, good luck to everyone who was under consideration for this first round! :luck:!!

Plus, fingers crossed for those waiting on IIs! :xf:

I must admit, this morning when I turned the page in my planner and saw in all caps "FIRST BATCH OF EMORY ACCEPTANCES RELEASED TODAY!!", I freaked out a little bit.

This school is so incredible; please love me as much as I love you! :love: That said, good luck to everyone who was under consideration for this first round! :luck:!!

Plus, fingers crossed for those waiting on IIs! :xf:

Haha this was on my iCal so I got excited, too! But then I realized they mail it out, so it'll be a few days of hoping for a letter to show up in the mailbox. I wish it was by e-mail, but I guess you can't beat the old-fashioned method of finding out you'll be a doctor. :xf: to us both!

Now to go stalk my mailman ... :ninja:

Also, if anyone gets a letter, would you mind posting which state/area of the country your mailing address is?

Last edited:
Anxious to check mail tonight. I think GA --> MA takes more than a day, but....

Anxious to check mail tonight. I think GA --> MA takes more than a day, but....

My friend in ATL mailed me something on a Friday and it got to Boston that Monday. So, if we don't count Sunday as a day...letter should be in MA by tomorrow (Thursday at the latest!). YIKES! :xf:

My friend in ATL mailed me something on a Friday and it got to Boston that Monday. So, if we don't count Sunday as a day...letter should be in MA by tomorrow (Thursday at the latest!). YIKES! :xf:

I was thinking tomorrow would be the day. In the unlikely scenario that I'm accepted, of course.

I was quite sick during my interview day, so I'm not getting my hopes up either. Definitely affected my performance. :(

:( I'm sorry you were sick. But yeah, I was a nervous wreck and it definitely showed. Emory is my first choice but definitely not getting my hopes up.

Hey everyone! This is my first time posting on this forum.

I received an invite to interview today, and my interview is this Friday!!

Needless to say this does not give me much time to prepare for anything. Anyone who has interviewed how was it? Do you have any advice for me!

I would really appreciate some help. Thanks guys!

Needless to say this does not give me much time to prepare for anything. Anyone who has interviewed how was it? Do you have any advice for me!

It was pretty laid-back and focused on what you put in you app. They didn't ask me anything crazy. Just be friendly and enthusiastic. Good luck!

Relax and enjoy. It's not a stressful interview.

Done since mid-july as well. No response. Why Emory, whyyyyyy?

Remember, interview invites are extended on an ongoing basis until ~Feb. Last year, I was complete in early August and didn't receive an invite until late December. If you haven't gotten an invite yet, you're definitely still in the game until the early spring.

Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, when was the letter postmarked/which area of the country is your mailing address? I'm all the way in CA, so the suspense is killing me.

This will sound like an odd question, but does anyone know if a professor Daniel Adame has anything to do with Emory Medical admissions?

I got a strange email from his Emory email that was clearly sent because his email account was hacked (it was telling me that my Gmail drive was nearly out of space and that I needed to submit my password to get it fixed, lol), but I have no idea why it would've been sent to me, since I have no connection to Emory other than that I applied there for Med school, so I don't know why I'd be in his address book. After looking him up, he seems to be a professor of some kind of public health class, but not affiliated with the Med school.

Any thoughts?

This will sound like an odd question, but does anyone know if a professor Daniel Adame has anything to do with Emory Medical admissions?

I got a strange email from his Emory email that was clearly sent because his email account was hacked (it was telling me that my Gmail drive was nearly out of space and that I needed to submit my password to get it fixed, lol), but I have no idea why it would've been sent to me, since I have no connection to Emory other than that I applied there for Med school, so I don't know why I'd be in his address book. After looking him up, he seems to be a professor of some kind of public health class, but not affiliated with the Med school.

Any thoughts?

Spam. He's involved with the undergraduate college and has no affiliation with the med school.

Spam. He's involved with the undergraduate college and has no affiliation with the med school.

Interesting, I just have no idea how I ended up in his address book to get spammed then. Thanks though

Interesting, I just have no idea how I ended up in his address book to get spammed then. Thanks though

That is odd. I went to Emory for undergrad, and he was the health professor (a one credit course that all students take freshman year). Funny man, but not affiliated with the medical school at all.

Interview Invite today for Nov 11!!!

Here's my stats:
In State, 3.3 GPA, 38Q MCAT

Super excited! I'm doing my MPH at Emory now, and being so close to the med school without an invite was getting painful.

Interview Invite today for Nov 11!!!

Here's my stats:
In State, 3.3 GPA, 38Q MCAT

Super excited! I'm doing my MPH at Emory now, and being so close to the med school without an invite was getting painful.

congrats on the invite!! if you don't mind, could you please share when you were complete?

Is it common to get a letter from Dr. Robert Lee, Associate Dean encouraging you to contact him and submit a secondary to Emory?

Is it common to get a letter from Dr. Robert Lee, Associate Dean encouraging you to contact him and submit a secondary to Emory?

Emory would have a dean named Robert Lee (I wonder if his middle name starts with E.)

Any other acceptances? All I had yesterday was 15% off my next Office Max purchase. Almost as good as an Emory acceptance....

No mail for me arrived at home in Florida... sad. Was hoping to hear since I interviewed early in September. Oh well, I can wait :rolleyes:

Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, when was the letter postmarked/which area of the country is your mailing address? I'm all the way in CA, so the suspense is killing me.

I live in Tallahassee Florida so relatively close to Atlanta.

Any other acceptances? All I had yesterday was 15% off my next Office Max purchase. Almost as good as an Emory acceptance....

Please, we all know STAPLES is where it's at :cool:

Btw, nothing in CA today (though I'd probably be the last to know). I got a AAA newsletter though!

Last edited:
Interview in the morning!! A little bit nervous. I have lived 20 miles from Emory my entire life!! It is honor to have this opportunity.

:xf: I hope tomorrow goes great!

Interview in the morning!! A little bit nervous. I have lived 20 miles from Emory my entire life!! It is honor to have this opportunity.

:xf: I hope tomorrow goes great!

Good luck! Tell them to send Leoger an envelope of happiness. They'll know what you mean.

This is not just specific to Emory--when ppl exclaim: "Interview Invite via status page!" does that mean they logged into their secondary application and saw that the status changed to II or they received an email saying that their status at the school has changed, and then proceeded to log on to their secondary and notice they had been offered an interview?

Checking each secondary for a status change is time-consuming...

Status
Not open for further replies.