2011-2012 Mayo Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is totally dead lol!

has anyone moved off of the alternate list yet??

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!

Does anyone know how many students Mayo generally takes off the waitlist?

Hi all future Mayo students

I am a former Mayo grad who still has a nice quiet 2 BR 2 BA condo in Rochester that is close to the clinic with heated indoor parking and lawn/snow care included. There is a rec room and indoor pool for those anatomy quiz Fridays. Please contact me or email [email protected] for more info.

Thanks

Neuro attending

Who has two thumbs and just got in to the Mayo Clinc?

:thumbup: THIS GUY! :thumbup:

Yes they called on Saturday. I don't think they give two figs about stats. During the phone conversation I was complimented on the basis of being a good person and being a fit for the school...of course I was hyperventilating the whole time but this is how I remember it.

Who has three thumbs is still on the waiting list at Mayo? THIS GUY (I think the third thumb may be the reason for that though - I'm not sure how many spots that have for us three thumbers)

JK Guys! Only two thumbs. But still on waitlist...

Who has three thumbs is still on the waiting list at Mayo? THIS GUY (I think the third thumb may be the reason for that though - I'm not sure how many spots that have for us three thumbers)

JK Guys! Only two thumbs. But still on waitlist...

+1 - 1 thumb

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to be out of the country the latter half of May and beginning of June. If I'm lucky enough to get a call from Mayo in that timeframe (I'm on the alternate list), they won't be able to reach me on my cell which I listed as my primary phone on AMCAS.

I want them to use my parent's phone number during this time. Should I update my contact info through the AMCAS app before I go, or send Gina a note, or both? Not sure where they draw contact info from this late in the game.

They still draw from your AMCAS - change your phone number there. Also, why not forward your number, leave your cell with your parents, or leave a message to have any important callers call your parents. Take no chances!

Got the call from Gina today, and started crying on the phone (embarrassing!). So happy and so excited to meet everyone :) I wish the rest of you on the alternate list the best of luck!

MDgirl, congrats!

I know the feeling - I teared up last week when I got the phone call as well (haven't had time to post here)! Unfortunately, after a long talk with my spouse I'll be withdrawing (and will stop following this thread while I grieve!). If any of the posters from early in the application season are still reading the thread, thanks for all the support and comedy, it was fun!

If any of the posters from early in the application season are still reading the thread, thanks for all the support and comedy, it was fun!

Randomly checked the thread today. This thread was definitely my favorite of the season. Good luck all!

Got the call from Gina today, and started crying on the phone (embarrassing!). So happy and so excited to meet everyone :) I wish the rest of you on the alternate list the best of luck!

That's great! Did you submit a letter of intent?

Accepted off the alternate list a few days ago! There is still hope :)

I just read through all 50 damn pages of this monster of a thread....

omg

Edit: Not that it's bad, it's just a lot at once! It is kind of interesting to rewatch the cycle unwind.

Last edited:

omg

Edit: Not that it's bad, it's just a lot at once! It is kind of interesting to rewatch the cycle unwind.

Are you joining us, Nymph? :)

If I'm still hoping for a call, should I send some kind of communication letting them know that Mayo is still my 1st choice? I sent in a letter of intent in April. I just feel like I should be doing something...

Ok, so I just completed my biochem course and found out I got an A. I am on the Mayo alternate list like many of you. It will probably take a while for an official transcript to make it to Mayo, so how should I proceed? Email them and tell them this? And also have a transcript sent to them or should the transcript be sent to the AAMC (I will go to the AAMC's website after this but just looking for some Mayo-specific feedback).

Randomly checked the thread today. This thread was definitely my favorite of the season. Good luck all!

omg

Agreed and agreed. The intentional craziness was a blast. See some of you on the residency trail/Step 2014 thread.

Did Mayo give out any scholarships besides the half-tuition that everyone got? Seems like Mayo used to give out more, not sure if that is the case anymore. Anybody know?

Did Mayo give out any scholarships besides the half-tuition that everyone got? Seems like Mayo used to give out more, not sure if that is the case anymore. Anybody know?

Yes, I know multiple (most?) people got quite a bit more than the guaranteed $15,000 for this upcoming year.

How much, do you know? And is it need based or is it merit aid? Thanks!!!

Yes, I know multiple (most?) people got quite a bit more than the guaranteed $15,000 for this upcoming year.

Everyone gets the same thing assuming similar EFC, military funding, etc. There is a substantial boost to the scholarship on a year to year basis based on benefactor status and state funding. I'm not going to post amounts here in public but it's safe to say that tuition costs are near negligible.

Everyone gets the same thing assuming similar EFC, military funding, etc. There is a substantial boost to the scholarship on a year to year basis based on benefactor status and state funding. I'm not going to post amounts here in public but it's safe to say that tuition costs are near negligible.

Any boost for being AED president? :laugh: :confused:

Well, I guess it's all over...alternate list closes today right?

Status
Not open for further replies.