2011-2012 Penn State Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, they send you an email

Thanks! And congrats on the interview...I'm a little jealous!

:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

How are people getting to hershey? taxi from harrisburg?

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be attending here this upcoming August. I loved it here especially b/c of the atmosphere. The students are very friendly and laid back. You get the feel that everyone is like one big family.

While I haven't started yet, if anyone has any questions feel free to PM me and I will try my best to answer them.

What is the schedule like at Penn State? 8-5 lecture?

I've been looking around on their website but can't seem to find anything.

EDIT: Oops, just saw you asked to PM.

so i call and the admin office and while i submitted the secondary the first day it was available....my app was assigned as completed on Sept 2....she then said i will receive an email about "the next step"....is this a hint towards interview?...i still haven't received the complete email.

so i call and the admin office and while i submitted the secondary the first day it was available....my app was assigned as completed on Sept 2....she then said i will receive an email about "the next step"....is this a hint towards interview?...i still haven't received the complete email.

I called and they told me to keep waiting. I am very confused on how I have not gone complete yet, having submitted on the first day as well. :confused:

I just checked my status on the site and I'm FINALLY complete too but never got an email. I can't remember if I last checked the site yesterday or Tuesday, but I wasn't complete then.

One thing to note - I live about 20 miles from Hershey and they are having MASSIVE flooding from Tropical Storm Lee, so I wouldn't be expecting any updates today or tomorrow on status or interview.

I just checked my status on the site and I'm FINALLY complete too but never got an email. I can't remember if I last checked the site yesterday or Tuesday, but I wasn't complete then.

One thing to note - I live about 20 miles from Hershey and they are having MASSIVE flooding from Tropical Storm Lee, so I wouldn't be expecting any updates today or tomorrow on status or interview.

Even my status says "has not been determined if you are complete". This is very strange.

Members don't see this ad :)
Complete today. Took all of 6 weeks.

After all that time, simply getting the "Complete" email felt like a huge accomplishment.

Submitted in the last few days of July, received the complete email this afternoon. No change on the online status yet though.

complete just now....7/29 submitter

Did you just receive the email now? I thought you had said yesterday that your status was already changed? My status is changed but I never received the email...

Complete today. Took all of 6 weeks.

After all that time, simply getting the "Complete" email felt like a huge accomplishment.

I thought it was kind of anti-climactic...I thought I'd be all excited about it, but instead I just thought, "well finally!" haha!

Just marked complete too. I submitted on the first day. Very disappointed in the lack of chronology at Penn State. Maybe everyone who was at the bottom of the pile is now at the top?

same here. just received the 'complete' e-mail, but my status page hasn't changed. submitted 8/1. 5 weeks for completion seems VERY long! oh well. good things come to those who wait...i hope :idea:

same here. just received the 'complete' e-mail, but my status page hasn't changed. submitted 8/1. 5 weeks for completion seems VERY long! oh well. good things come to those who wait...i hope :idea:
and just when I lost all hope...i get a complete email submitted 7/27...funny how the email says that apps will be reviewed by the date received...based on how they were marked complete I have doubt about that statement lol

Still not complete! Submitted end of July :confused:

Complete!!!!!

Received (07/29/2011)
Complete (9/9/2011)

Finally complete. submitted secondary 7/30/2011

and just when I lost all hope...i get a complete email submitted 7/27...funny how the email says that apps will be reviewed by the date received...based on how they were marked complete I have doubt about that statement lol

Do any current students know if this is true? I mean, are they actually reviewing apps in the order they decided to make us Complete -- which is either random or is based on some sort of merit (?) -- or in the order in which we actually submitted everything?

Heh -- it's not like it's entirely out of my hands anyway at this point ;)

Hey all,
I'm surprised that PSUCOM is giving some people so much trouble! I submitted 08/15, was complete 08/30, and interview invite 09/07. My stats are nothing stellar and I'm out of state. Toledo on the other hand....I can't even get a call back or returned email??

Interview invite!!! Woohoo!!! That was quick, considering I was just complete 9/8! Maybe the rest of you that went complete last week will hear something soon too! Good luck!

Last edited:
To those with interview interview invites, did you receive it by mail or email?

Does anyone know the acceptance rates or the # of people they give acceptance to (not # of matriculation) for IS? IE. Thanks.

(ex: interviews to 100 people, gives 50 acceptances, 35 matriculate etc.)

Interview invite! OOS

Submitted secondary: 8/22
Application complete: 8/30
Interview invite: 9/12

Congrats to the new IIs. I think they are starting to fill up October interview dates now. Anyone from the 9/9 completion date heard anything?

Congrats to the new IIs. I think they are starting to fill up October interview dates now. Anyone from the 9/9 completion date heard anything?

I was able to still get in this month...but I only live 15 miles away, so that makes it a bit easier.

To those with interview interview invites, did you receive it by mail or email?

The invite comes by email. From what I've read in previous years threads, the euphemistic rejections (I think the wording they use is "continue to hold" or something like that) come by snail mail.

Another school told me they were not allowed to tell applicants anything at all (as far as an official acceptance/ post-interview rejection) until October 15th. I got the impression that this was a national rule for non-ED applicants but maybe it isn't.

I am getting a little worried that I got skipped over (I was complete in early August) :(

I am getting a little worried that I got skipped over (I was complete in early August) :(

+1 But there are plenty of schools that I have been complete at since mid/late July and haven't heard anything yet...:(

Status
Not open for further replies.