2011-2012 Psychology PhD/PsyD Interview Invite thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I would not give up yet. I received my acceptance letter today and they honestly appear fairly individual. They accept a large class there may still be hope.

I clearly spoke too soon, received my acceptance into the health emphasis Ph.D program this afternoon. Cried all morning for nothin'!

Members don't see this ad.

I clearly spoke too soon, received my acceptance into the health emphasis Ph.D program this afternoon. Cried all morning for nothin'!
Yay I'm glad it worked out :) People need to hang in there, there is still plenty of time until April :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been in correspondence with my student host at UAB who apologized for how late the invitations went out this year. Her explanation: "This is not a reflection of UAB's usual manner of operation; rather, we are in the midst of a transition between key staff members who are integral to the coordination of this event, and as such some of the efficiency in scheduling and organization unfortunately has suffered!"

Have either of you tried calling them? I feel like an email telling you not to worry doesn't address the issue...

I just spoke to Terri in the Medical Clinical Psych office at UAB. Instead of clarifying things, her correction email was easy to misconstrue. ALL applications were personally reviewed by the director in December and January, and the initial round of invitations went out after all were reviewed. The intent of the email was to let us know that it is possible that all those with a common interest in the first round may either not be accepted - or may be refused by the applicant. If that happens, it is possible that a second group of interviewees would be invited for an interview day. So, nothing really changed, except that there is a slim chance that some of us would be invited to interview if not all the slots are filled as the result of Monday's outcome.

I just spoke to Terri in the Medical Clinical Psych office at UAB. Instead of clarifying things, her correction email was easy to misconstrue. ALL applications were personally reviewed by the director in December and January, and the initial round of invitations went out after all were reviewed. The intent of the email was to let us know that it is possible that all those with a common interest in the first round may either not be accepted - or may be refused by the applicant. If that happens, it is possible that a second group of interviewees would be invited for an interview day. So, nothing really changed, except that there is a slim chance that some of us would be invited to interview if not all the slots are filled as the result of Monday's outcome.

That doesn't even make sense since they said they were starting their review in Mid-February though...It is feeling more and more like there was a mistake made and they are trying to direct attention away from it.

Is she saying that the people who got this e-mail are still being considered for another round of interviews then?

That doesn't even make sense since they said they were starting their review in Mid-February though...It is feeling more and more like there was a mistake made and they are trying to direct attention away from it.

Is she saying that the people who got this e-mail are still being considered for another round of interviews then?
Only if they do not fill all openings with those who are interviewing on Monday. She said that the director had revierwed all applications in Dex/Jan. I am assuming, then, that those she deemed viable went to the committee for further culling. It took a bit for her to understand why we were upset. Supposedly, what she meant by "misfiled" was that we got the "sorry Charlie" emai but after rereading that initial email, I don't see what the issue was - unless they are just trying to circumvent the truth.

Any SDNers here willing to share something about the reputation of University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign? Particularly in terms of their psych program?

Any SDNers here willing to share something about the reputation of University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign? Particularly in terms of their psych program?
I only know it's reputation in general - very strong - having spent many years living in Illinois, but I do know it is very strong in Positive Psychology, especially if you are interested in positive psychology variances by culture; Ed Deiner is there and has a strong lab. But I cannot specifically address other interests.

Last edited:
I only know it's reputation in general - very strong - having spent many years living in Illinois, but I do know it is very strong in Positive Psychology, especially if you are interested in positive psychology variances by culture; Ed Deiner is there and has a strong lab. But I cannot specifically address other interests.

Thanks a lot :)

Ahh, welp this whole process is beginning to wind down. A couple of questions - any replies would be much appreciated.

1. Holding offers 2 school and told the POI's I'd make a decision in 3 weeks. 2 more to go....Is it appropriate to extend that time frame, as I'm waiting to hear back post-interview from 2 other programs?

2. ...Any word post-interview from Missouri at St. Louis (UMSL) or DePaul (child track)?????

Ahh, welp this whole process is beginning to wind down. A couple of questions - any replies would be much appreciated.

1. Holding offers 2 school and told the POI's I'd make a decision in 3 weeks. 2 more to go....Is it appropriate to extend that time frame, as I'm waiting to hear back post-interview from 2 other programs?

2. ...Any word post-interview from Missouri at St. Louis (UMSL) or DePaul (child track)?????

You should only hold one offer at a time. Make a decision soon and release the extra offer.

Members don't see this ad :)

Agreed. You should only hold one offer at a time out of consideration to people on waiting lists and to the POI so they could have their 2nd choice of student

Yes, I am aware of the etiquette. Releasing one within the week. My question pertained to news re: Missouri @ St. Louis and DePaul (child track)

Best of luck to all!

Hi,
Someone on TGC mentioned that LIU brooklyn extended their acceptance on 3rd, Anyone here who got in?

Today I got email that I am in alternate list , can any body tell me this is deference between waiting list and alternate list?

Until when we have to be wait to get our final result? how many percantage is to get addmission in alternate list?

If the person who posted an acceptance from Ohio University at TGC is here, could you PM me your POI? Thanks, and congratulations! :)

I have a bit of a strange situation. As I couldn't attend the interview weekend for one of my schools, the secretary explained to me that they would "absolutely" like to conduct phone interviews with me and asked me for my availability. I emailed back to give her my availabilities, and she has not gotten back to me. This was well over 3 weeks ago. I have emailed her again a week later to confirm the interviews as well, and still no reply.

At this point, I know that their interview weekend have already finished, and I have already gotten other offers and am not interested in interviewing them. However, I'm not sure if I should still contact them to address this issue. Did anyone else have similar problems? The program has a good reputation in neuropsychology, but I think it looks really bad on them that they are so disorganized.

I have a bit of a strange situation. As I couldn't attend the interview weekend for one of my schools, the secretary explained to me that they would "absolutely" like to conduct phone interviews with me and asked me for my availability. I emailed back to give her my availabilities, and she has not gotten back to me. This was well over 3 weeks ago. I have emailed her again a week later to confirm the interviews as well, and still no reply.

At this point, I know that their interview weekend have already finished, and I have already gotten other offers and am not interested in interviewing them. However, I'm not sure if I should still contact them to address this issue. Did anyone else have similar problems? The program has a good reputation in neuropsychology, but I think it looks really bad on them that they are so disorganized.

I think after the first 3 days I would have called her asking her politely if she had received an e-mail from my account (Junk Mail can sometimes receive it instead). I would say call them and asked them what happened if they say they can't offer you an interview anymore just let them know that you attempted to contact the secretary with the availability and never heard back from her.

Has anyone received a rejection from the combined school/clinical child psych at yeshiva? Or heard anything about a wait list? From what I understand, they have sent out all of their invites, but I have not heard one way or the other. If someone could PM me to let me know if they heard anything about a wait list or a rejection I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

So what's the etiquette for removing yourself from consideration at schools you haven't heard back from yet post-interview if you've already accepted an offer elsewhere?

Did anyone else get an email today saying that your application is still under review and you may still be invited to interview?

Seems a little ridiculous now and even more stressful since I thought I had already had my mind made up. :confused:

Phone call today with acceptance offer from the Psy.D. program at University of La Verne. Really excited!

Has anyone received a rejection since interviewing at Suffolk?

So I received an email yesterday morning from my POI at Kent saying that I was still under consideration and asking if I am still interested in attending their program. I hadn't heard from her since very early in the process and assumed that because I hadn't gotten an interview, I was rejected... Anyone know whats going on at Kent in the child clinical track, specifically? I emailed her back and told her that I was still interested early yesterday morning and haven't heard anything back... Anyone else have this happen?

Has anyone heard back from pace's combined school/clinical program one way or the other?

Anyone who interviewed for the Rutgers Clinical PsyD program heard back yet, either way?

Thanks. And thanks to OP for thread, it has been very helpful.

Anyone who interviewed for the Rutgers Clinical PsyD program heard back yet, either way?

Thanks. And thanks to OP for thread, it has been very helpful.

Hey - I heard back from Rutgers on March 6th that I was waitlisted. I also know that someone else was accepted around that day if not the day before... have you checked your spam folder? I think you probably should have heard by now.

So what's the etiquette for removing yourself from consideration at schools you haven't heard back from yet post-interview if you've already accepted an offer elsewhere?

I'd just write a brief email respectfully thanking them for the opportunity to interview, and asking to be removed from further consideration as you've already accepted an offer elsewhere.

Hey - I heard back from Rutgers on March 6th that I was waitlisted. I also know that someone else was accepted around that day if not the day before... have you checked your spam folder? I think you probably should have heard by now.

Yeah definitely didn't miss the email. Not looking too good. Have you heard of any interviewees receiving a rejection from them?

Thanks for the information.

I just emailed my POI at the other school I hadn't heard back from, thanked her for the interview, and informed here I was withdrawing myself from consideration because I accepted another offer.

Yeah definitely didn't miss the email. Not looking too good. Have you heard of any interviewees receiving a rejection from them?

Thanks for the information.

Hmm... I don't think I've heard anything about rejections. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to email Alicia Picone? She's been really helpful when I've had questions and it's been a while so I don't think you will appear impatient. Good luck and hopefully it works out!

Hi, has anyone heard from the Wright Institute yet?

For interviews or decisions? I believe they sent out two interview notifications in Jan and are interviewing for another week. They told me decisions made at the end of March.

Yeah should have specified, and probably posted on the "acceptance" thread, but I meant decisions and not interviews. Just getting a bit antsy. Where else did you apply to?

Anyone know if George Washington PsyD has extended all invites???

If the person who heard from Stony Brook could PM me your PI that would be great!