2011-2012 SUNY Upstate Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if I can find a preview of my submitted application? After going to the end of the application, I logged out by accident and wasn't able to go back and preview anything..I'm only able to see the submission signature page now.. :(

wait a minute...so if i applying for the regular md, i don't have to fill out the rural essay questions???

Members don't see this ad :)
we don't have to worry about that signature page do we? i just paid online and submitted everything online...

Obviously I have more than 6-8 hours of biology - just wondering if you guys stopped at that "minimum range" they've set, or if you guys continued to list all the courses you've taken for each category?

*Edit: Nevermind, I'm just going to add the biology courses that I've taken with a lab. I guess I've gotten lazy the last couple weeks - these course prerequisite forms are getting annoying.

Last edited:
just wondering anyone else's status on this b/c I submitted about a week ago and everything is marked as complete except for my letters of reference which have all been uploaded to AMCAS and i 'selected' the ones to send to that school a while ago also?? Have anyone else's references taken this long?

It was only two letters for this school correct?
Thanks everyone

Received a complete e-mail today. Screening has begun... :scared: :xf:

It says I have missing documents ( letter of recs still not receieved)
anyone having the same problem? I already submitted those a LONG time ago with my primary apps....
:confused:

I meant to say I recieved an email stating I have missing documents....
anyone else?

Yea I just got that too...I'm confused also. the supplemental app I completed is no longer there...

Members don't see this ad :)
oh man, me too. I got the missing items e-mail :scared:

It says I have missing documents ( letter of recs still not receieved)
anyone having the same problem? I already submitted those a LONG time ago with my primary apps....
:confused:

I have the same issue as well. I contacted admissions about it. Hopefully, I'll hear back from them soon.

I have the same issue as well. I contacted admissions about it. Hopefully, I'll hear back from them soon.

I received an answer from Admissions. This is regarding e-mails about an incomplete application due to missing letters of recommendation that are already uploaded to AMCAS...

---

from
cleardot.gif
STUADMIS STUADMIS [email protected] to<[email protected]>
date
cleardot.gif
Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 1:32 PMsubject
cleardot.gif
Re: XXXXXmailed-by
cleardot.gif
upstate.edu
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
Important mainly because of your interaction with messages in the conversation.
hide details 1:32 PM (3 minutes ago)

We download letters of recommendation from AMCAS once a week and we are scheduled to do a download within the next few days. If your letters are available, they will be added to your file shortly.

You can check back later this week to confirm your application status by logging back into your account. We will also notify you with an email once your application is complete.

Best,

Student Admissions

Office of Student Admissions
SUNY Upstate Medical University
1217 Weiskotten Hall
766 East Adams St.
Syracuse, NY 13210-7909
-----

Perhaps they have not begun the first download of letters from AMCAS?

Just this past Thursday (July 28th?)

I'm confused/really happy with the turn-around. I keep thinking it was a mistake!

I was complete the same day! Crossing my fingers... Good luck to you!

Did they send you an email, or was it just marked on the status page as interview invite?

Just logged into the same site they sent us for the secondary (I think this doubles as the status page)... and it said "Congratulations....[unimportant words]...Interview Invite!"

Just logged into the same site they sent us for the secondary (I think this doubles as the status page)... and it said "Congratulations....[unimportant words]...Interview Invite!"

I logged in and it says nothing...when you log in, do you click anything? Or is it the first thing available?

I'm interviewing this year! Hopefully I get to meet some of you! Good luck to everyone still waiting!

I received an answer from Admissions. This is regarding e-mails about an incomplete application due to missing letters of recommendation that are already uploaded to AMCAS...

---

from
cleardot.gif
STUADMIS STUADMIS [email protected] to<[email protected]>
date
cleardot.gif
Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 1:32 PMsubject
cleardot.gif
Re: XXXXXmailed-by
cleardot.gif
upstate.edu
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
Important mainly because of your interaction with messages in the conversation.
hide details 1:32 PM (3 minutes ago)

We download letters of recommendation from AMCAS once a week and we are scheduled to do a download within the next few days. If your letters are available, they will be added to your file shortly.

You can check back later this week to confirm your application status by logging back into your account. We will also notify you with an email once your application is complete.

Best,

Student Admissions

Office of Student Admissions
SUNY Upstate Medical University
1217 Weiskotten Hall
766 East Adams St.
Syracuse, NY 13210-7909
-----

Perhaps they have not begun the first download of letters from AMCAS?

I also received the missing items email, but when I logged into my status page today it says "Aug 03, 2011 LOR - PDF Load" does this mean they've received it, or they're still processing it?

they still haven't downloaded my letters, anyone else in the same position?

AMCAS Complete: June 29th
Secondary Received: July 20th
Complete: July 28th
Interview Invite: August 2nd

My first interview invite, very exciting!

3.8/33

ye, mine are not downloaded yet either. I submitted on the first day that the secondary was released. Not sure what is going on, but I have a feeling that they will download my letters when all interview spots are full. I contacted them and they mentioned that they would be downloading letters over the next few days (e-mail on Monday).

they still haven't downloaded my letters, anyone else in the same position?

Interview invite today via status.
Complete 7/28
3.4c/3.9s, 39, IS

Woo SUNY Upstate:thumbup::thumbup:

Interview invite today via status.
Complete 7/28
3.4c/3.9s, 39, IS

Woo SUNY Upstate:thumbup::thumbup:

I was complete on the same day. Still no word, and I don't get their status page -_-

what does it say under status for each of your LORs?

and does anyone know what "LOR - PDF Load" means?

Edit: CONGRATS! on the interview by the way, lol

and does anyone know what "LOR - PDF Load" means?

Edit: CONGRATS! on the interview by the way, lol

I'm curious about this too - my letters say the same. Does that mean they've loaded them from AMCAS? And did people get an actual complete e-mail from Upstate? All the boxes on the tracker thing are filled in for me, but complete radio silence on their end...

Also, anyone know how receptive Upstate is to update letters if we haven't been invited to interview yet?

And yes, congratulations to everyone getting an interview!! Best of luck! :luck:

Last edited:
I think "LOR- PDF Load" means they have it in, and 252e77, I sent in an update before the interview invite

Also, are we allowed to select a date to interview yet? I keep choosing a date, but I'll go back and visit the page and it says the interview date was not selected

I think "LOR- PDF Load" means they have it in, and 252e77, I sent in an update before the interview invite

Also, are we allowed to select a date to interview yet? I keep choosing a date, but I'll go back and visit the page and it says the interview date was not selected

I selected one and the page confirms it. Are you sure you're clicking a date that's available? Otherwise that's strange...

...and 252e77, I sent in an update before the interview invite

Thanks for the quick reply! Definitely good to know that they accept updates, I'm going to try to send them one soon to see if it makes a difference.

Good luck on the interview!!:luck:

Last edited:
I selected one and the page confirms it. Are you sure you're clicking a date that's available? Otherwise that's strange...

Yeah, mine confirms the date, but after an hour or two it resets to saying no date selected

Yeah, mine confirms the date, but after an hour or two it resets to saying no date selected
+1,
The website just somehow resets my choice of date as well :S
Never get the confirmation email though.

is it worth it to send an update if i recently (2 weeks ago) resubmitted an original manuscript for publication?

Status
Not open for further replies.