2011-2012 Tufts Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

Two things:

1) My MCAT score is released on Sept. 20
2) My AMCAS has been submitted and I'm filling out the Tufts Secondary.

Is there any advantage of pushing to get the secondary in, or will it not even be looked at until Sept20?

Thanks!

Have you already taken the MCAT? If so, I'd recommend getting it in on the off chance that they'll consider giving you an interview and then see how you do on the MCAT (OSU's MD/PhD program actually did that for an interviewee in my group).

I took the MCAT twice and last round I completed around that same time (Sept). I had a good 2nd MCAT score, but I really think it was the lateness that tanked me. I was waitlisted most places (and was actually selected off those places later in May but couldn't go do to personal reasons).

It's all a crapshoot/gamble anyways in the end. :xf:

Members don't see this ad.

Any lurkers here in the Maine Track program? Would be interested in hearing your thoughts. Went to school in NH and grew up in New England. Sounds like a great program...anyone?

Edit: Anyone else applying to the Maine program?

Last edited:
Bought some Huggies today because if I get an interview here I will literally s*** myself

Members don't see this ad :)
Any lurkers here in the Maine Track program? Would be interested in hearing your thoughts. Went to school in NH and grew up in New England. Sounds like a great program...anyone?

Edit: Anyone else applying to the Maine program?

I applied - lived in ME for undergrad and spent most of my adolescence there as well. Wonder how many applications they get for it...? Sounds like a really cool opportunity.

Hey nucleo- I agree. Definitely sounds great and crossing my fingers for an interview. Not from ME but went to undergrad in NH and did a lot of rural/wilderness type work while I was there. We'll see what happens.

I know when the program first started it looks like they were getting apps in the 100's... not sure about the most recent numbers though.

I grew up north of Boston, so the idea of spending a couple years there and then getting back into New England out of the city sounds awesome to me.

Good luck!

Hey nucleo- I agree. Definitely sounds great and crossing my fingers for an interview. Not from ME but went to undergrad in NH and did a lot of rural/wilderness type work while I was there. We'll see what happens.

I know when the program first started it looks like they were getting apps in the 100's... not sure about the most recent numbers though.

I grew up north of Boston, so the idea of spending a couple years there and then getting back into New England out of the city sounds awesome to me.

Good luck!

Good luck to you too - hopefully we'll find out about interviews soon. Maybe see you there!

How long has it been taking everyone to go from audit to under review/complete? I submitted earlier this week, but no update yet.

How long has it been taking everyone to go from audit to under review/complete? I submitted earlier this week, but no update yet.

I got the audit email on July 25; I was complete on Aug 2. It took them a few days!

I grew up in Western Mass. I'm a non-trad and have lived all over. Right now, I want to go rural EM or FM. I applied for the Maine track.

Also applying to the Maine track! Grew up there, absolutely love the program. Fingers crossed!!

So I was audited like mid-July, but my AMCAS was just verified 1 week ago. Still not complete here, though. Should I be worried?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm applying to the Maine track, I grew up there and graduated from a very rural high school. I'm still working on the application, hoping to finish tonight. How is everyone doing with that 3000 character limit? As of now my answers are significantly shorter than that, especially my answer to my ties to Maine.

Secondary submitted: August 9 and still audit process is not complete. Should I be worried? I hardly think so, but just want your guys' opinion!

Secondary submitted: August 9 and still audit process is not complete. Should I be worried? I hardly think so, but just want your guys' opinion!

I submitted 07/28, audit email 07/29, and complete 08/08. So I would expect a complete email soon! :)

My primary app was verified by AMCAS on 7/1 and I added most of my schools on that day or shortly thereafter but decided to submit my primary to Tufts later (7/26). I haven't heard anything at all from them. Should I assume rejection pre-secondary?

My primary app was verified by AMCAS on 7/1 and I added most of my schools on that day or shortly thereafter but decided to submit my primary to Tufts later (7/26). I haven't heard anything at all from them. Should I assume rejection pre-secondary?

Have you not gotten an audit email? I would call and inquire in case there is something holding up your app.

Anyone else having problems with their letters coming into this schoo? I submitted aug 1st and still no letters.

Took me about two weeks. I'm sure they have thousands of apps to audit, so remain calm if possible :).

Took me about two weeks. I'm sure they have thousands of apps to audit, so remain calm if possible :).

yeah, i am starting to think this is not a big deal. thanks for the info!

on another note, is anyone else applying for MD/MPH program as well?

Any updates? I tried calling them relentlessly, but it said there is no one to answer your phone!

Called but no answer. Weird that they leave before 4. I emailed instead.

Called but no answer. Weird that they leave before 4. I emailed instead.

same for me, but I called at around 12 and got no answer as well. Maybe they just want to avoid neurotic med school applicants :D
I have also emailed, please let me know if you get any reply and I shall do the same

same for me, but I called at around 12 and got no answer as well. Maybe they just want to avoid neurotic med school applicants :D
I have also emailed, please let me know if you get any reply and I shall do the same

I wonder if they're humored or annoyed haha.

Another Maine Tracker here. I interviewed for the Maine track in 2009 (got waitlisted) - so here's hoping second time's a charm!

so i got through to the admin staff....interviews invites will hopefully go out by the end of next week

haha sry i meant to say since everyone was having difficulty contacting them..i was finally able to...

so i got through to the admin staff....interviews invites will hopefully go out by the end of next week

Thanks for the info!

Hoping to get an II. Friend is in the dental program right now :)

So, I have been complete since august 9th and amcas was verified way before that. Still audit process is not complete. should I be worried?

So, I have been complete since august 9th and amcas was verified way before that. Still audit process is not complete. should I be worried?

I have been complete since 7/26 and have not heart a peep.

so i've been under audit for a little less than 2 weeks right now...i just logged onto my tufts secondary page and it still says that my letters of rec have not been received even though i designated them on amcas. is there something wrong and i should call or is this normal? thanks!

so i've been under audit for a little less than 2 weeks right now...i just logged onto my tufts secondary page and it still says that my letters of rec have not been received even though i designated them on amcas. is there something wrong and i should call or is this normal? thanks!

I was verified for almost three weeks before they finally received my letters. Unfortunately they seem to take a while.

I was verified for almost three weeks before they finally received my letters. Unfortunately they seem to take a while.

oh ok thanks for the info! i was just getting worried because it wouldn't be the first time i forgot to assign letters to a school haha

Whew good to know. It has been about two weeks for me so I was getting concerned. I guess nothing to get worry about for now.

oh ok thanks for the info! i was just getting worried because it wouldn't be the first time i forgot to assign letters to a school haha

omg, the same thing happened to me! i had submitted one of my apps and was like where is my complete email only to find out i forgot to send the LORs. -_- dumb!

but yeah, tufts hasn't received mine yet either. =\

for the ppl who are worried about their letters not showing up, I hope this is reassuring:

Secondary submitted: Aug 5
Letters uploaded: Aug 9
Letters appearing online under status check: August 23

Two weeks, as promised!

Submitted secondary: 7/17
Complete Email received: 7/26

Still no news....

Hey all,
Just curious to know whether I should be concerned or not. How long after you were verified and submitted to Tufts did you receive your secondary? An hour? A day? A week? A month? etc...I've received secondaries for all my schools except Tufts thus far.
Thanks!

Hey all,
Just curious to know whether I should be concerned or not. How long after you were verified and submitted to Tufts did you receive your secondary? An hour? A day? A week? A month? etc...I've received secondaries for all my schools except Tufts thus far.
Thanks!

Tufts was one of my first secondaries after I was verified. Maybe get in contact with admissions.

Hi Emilyyy, thanks for your reply. I just called the admissions office and they said everything of mine is in and I should expect to receive it by next week. Thanks again.

just got an email that i'm entering the audit process. does that mean i'm complete now?

no, there's a "complete" email sent after the "audit" email once they're done putting your letters together

Interview invite, 8/29! Good luck! :)

Complete (not audit) on 7/26. They have dates Tuesday/Thursday of every week from September-March, so scheduling is very flexible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.