2011-2012 Wright State Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Traditional

Members don't see this ad.

anyone heard from them recently regarding II? Complete since August and even clarified today that i am considered IS and have an above-average MCAT and GPA..still no word? Update letter was sent in mid-December..anxiety is killing me..:(

I attempted to send an updated letter and was told that they don't currently accept any update information. If you're selected to interview, you can bring updates then.

Kind of wonky, to be honest, but I haven't gotten an II yet so I'm probably just bitter. :laugh:

Hm, interesting. Though I guess now that I think about it, I didn't send any update information til post-interview, pre-committee meeting. Actually, the day I emailed to ask if they would accept updates, I was told 'yes, but get them in by tomorrow because that's when they're reviewing your file.'

Good luck!

p.s. Whoever asked how long Dr. Peterson is taking his leave of absence - it hasn't been announced, but they're going so far as to find a replacement for the time being, so it doesn't sound like a short term thing. I did see him walking in the parking lot today, so I guess he's not totally gone yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hm, interesting. Though I guess now that I think about it, I didn't send any update information til post-interview, pre-committee meeting. Actually, the day I emailed to ask if they would accept updates, I was told 'yes, but get them in by tomorrow because that's when they're reviewing your file.'

Good luck!

p.s. Whoever asked how long Dr. Peterson is taking his leave of absence - it hasn't been announced, but they're going so far as to find a replacement for the time being, so it doesn't sound like a short term thing. I did see him walking in the parking lot today, so I guess he's not totally gone yet.

I can't remember about pre-interview updates, but I know they don't take post interview updates for sure. I tried to send an update last year and they said they'd put it in my file but WOULDN'T look at it (thanks...).

Edit: PS @glasshalf.... SDN >>> CaTOS

I can't remember about pre-interview updates, but I know they don't take post interview updates for sure. I tried to send an update last year and they said they'd put it in my file but WOULDN'T look at it (thanks...).

Edit: PS @glasshalf.... SDN >>> CaTOS

WEIRD since they took a post-interview update from meeee.

Oh well. And yes, as much as I <3 CaTOS, SDN is totally better. I can't make myself study - not even a little.

Welcome to med school future Boonshofters, where procrastination is more of a way of life than you ever imagined.

Applicants,

I mis-spoke before when I said that Dr. Peterson was being replaced or stood-in-for during his leave of absence. The Office of Student Affairs and Admissions will be absorbing his duties while he's gone, so really you can send anything you want to the [email protected] email address and it'll get to the right person - it just won't be him for now. SO, being that I dealt with him when it came to things I wanted to add to my file / talk further about, I can't be much help specifically regarding what other individuals in the office will do with updates that are sent, etc. but I would imagine there would be a great deal of consistency.

Regarding updates - I don't see WHY the office wouldn't accept updates pre-interview invite, because if you're adding something to your file that may boost your chances of receiving an interview invitation, that would be the time to do it. But I don't know what their policies are regarding that. What I do know is that if you are invited for interview, you can bring updates with you at that time to add to your file and/or you can send something fairly soon after your interview if you want the committee to have it in-hand when they review your file post-interview for admission, waitlist, etc. If you send anything AFTER the committee has reviewed your file, it's not really going to help (or hurt) you since they've already made their decision. Won't even really help with a waitlist I would imagine, since they generally tend to know where people stand on said waitlist immediately after the whole list is complete.

Summary: Student Affairs in general can set you up with the right people or send your stuff to the right people if you want to send them anything / talk to anyone. Update letters are most appropriate to bring to interview or sent immediately after interview. SORRY for the novel!

:luck:

did anyone else get an invitation for pre-interview social BEFORE the official interview invite :confused:
Weird but exciting! lol didnt think II were still being sent out.

Last edited:
SBAKSHI
I just did....well kinda. see my post above

Last edited:
Accepted! Took about two weeks after my interview, as someone mentioned. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Got an interview offer today. I was complete 8/16 I believe so there's still hope! Even though I'm flying to OH in 2 weeks I don't think I will be able to attend = / ; my Midwest geography skills are wonky and apparently cleveland and dayton are pretty far from each other. le sigh

Got an interview offer today. I was complete 8/16 I believe so there's still hope! Even though I'm flying to OH in 2 weeks I don't think I will be able to attend = / ; my Midwest geography skills are wonky and apparently cleveland and dayton are pretty far from each other. le sigh

Yay! Hope! And while cincy and dayton are close, cleveland and dayton are not. Take it from someone who used to be an Ohioan.

Members don't see this ad :)
I still am waiting..and waiting more!

Admin here is busy figuring out how to get our front door fixed. :p Good luck though. Waiting can be tough so hang in there.

Admin here is busy figuring out how to get our front door fixed. :p Good luck though. Waiting can be tough so hang in there.

:laugh: I thought the purple foam-board looking doors were permanent! They add a certain appeal, if I do say so myself.

Just withdrew. Had an interview on valentine day, so hopefully somebody out there gets an II

Accepted yesterday!

I got an email that said to look out for the acceptance packet in the mail. They told us at our interview that it would be snail mail only. It was from the som_saa address and signed Debbie McNeely.

Accepted yesterday!

I got an email that said to look out for the acceptance packet in the mail. They told us at our interview that it would be snail mail only. It was from the som_saa address and signed Debbie McNeely.

Congrats! When did you interview?

Has anyone else done a jumping fist pump at the thought of starting at Wright State? :woot:

Congrats! When did you interview?

First week of January.

I got the invite in October and they offered to schedule me the next week, but I was going to be home (Cleveland) for Christmas break so I postponed it. So, not much help with info on recent invites.

Just withdrew my app. I hope one of you SDNers still waiting get my interview spot.

Does anyone know if Wright State is still extending interview invitations? If so, do they accept update letters?

Love it! Can't wait to meet ya next year....!!

We do quite a bit of fist pumping here ourselves...you'll see that esp. the night after exams, etc :D

including but not limited to. :laugh:

excited to meet you all, also!

I haven't heard anything since the "don't send us anything" e-mail, so I think it's time to move from cautious optimism ("maybe they haven't reviewed my file yet") to cautious negativity ("probably a silent rejection"). Hopefully I'll be proven wrong; the aerospace medicine options seem pretty groovy.

Good luck to everyone prepping for interviews and those still in Limbo!

II today, complete Sept. 20th, so for those of you who've been waiting, don't lose hope!

anybody know when the next wave of acceptances are going out?

Just wanted to see if anybody had heard any news from Wright State lately. Any recent acceptances/waitlists/rejections (particularly from interviews in January)? Do any current students know if the admissions office has been moving slowly as of late?

Thank you in advance, and good luck to everyone moving forward.

Interview invite today :)

Scheduled for March 14th... was told that was the only available date so looks like this may be it for the interview invites..

Last edited:
From what I know interview season is wrapping up and the last day for interviews is mid-March (as mentioned above the specific date may be March 14th). Good luck to all of you who have interviews coming up!

Just wanted to see if anybody had heard any news from Wright State lately. Any recent acceptances/waitlists/rejections (particularly from interviews in January)? Do any current students know if the admissions office has been moving slowly as of late?

Thank you in advance, and good luck to everyone moving forward.

I just got my notice of Waitlist/stand-by via snail mail today. I interviewed 1/18. I REALLY wanna go here. Keeping fingers crossed.

I just got my notice of Waitlist/stand-by via snail mail today. I interviewed 1/18. I REALLY wanna go here. Keeping fingers crossed.

+1 I wonder how many people make it from the standby list to the waitlist? It looks like from prior years a lot of students were accepted off the waitlisted.

+1 I wonder how many people make it from the standby list to the waitlist? It looks like from prior years a lot of students were accepted off the waitlisted.

Are they not the same thing?

Well during my interview they said when everything is said and done they accept 50% of interviewee's whether it be immediate or off waitlist.

so 50/50, odds are you or I are getting off.

Just got waitlisted today too...interviewed a month ago. Hopefully the waitlist will move here!

Are they not the same thing?

Well during my interview they said when everything is said and done they accept 50% of interviewee's whether it be immediate or off waitlist.

so 50/50, odds are you or I are getting off.

Thats good to hear, makes me feel a little better. I read the last few years threads (i know ...neurotic) and it seems that most of the standbys will get waitlisted, but not all. And apparently 3 years ago nobody got off the waitlist, 2 years ago even those on the bottom third of the waitlist came off it. Not sure about last year though.

Thats good to hear, makes me feel a little better. I read the last few years threads (i know ...neurotic) and it seems that most of the standbys will get waitlisted, but not all. And apparently 3 years ago nobody got off the waitlist, 2 years ago even those on the bottom third of the waitlist came off it. Not sure about last year though.

I'm pretty sure lots of people came off the waitlist last year (including myself), so don't lose hope. Although, I did have a friend who was told she was about in the middle of the waitlist and never got in, so doesn't look like they made it past the top half. Still, it would seem to me you have a pretty good chance, there's a surprising amount of movement in the spring.

Is there a way to find out where you are ranked on the waitlist? The letter they sent me said that they will 're-rank' students in May? Is it inappropriate to call admin?

So is it probably safe to assume that my interview on 3/14 is for a waitlist spot?

So is it probably safe to assume that my interview on 3/14 is for a waitlist spot?

I believe that they told me during my interview that they will keep spots for every interview group. But as with any other rolling admissions school, its harder to get a straight acceptance as it gets later in the cycle due to less spots. And to correct my prior statement, it looks like all those on standby will be on the waitlist...I called just a moment ago.

I just got mail about my WSU e-mail account. I was hoping someone could clarify whether it's definitely still possible to withdraw my application (not saying I want to yet). I'll be choosing between a few schools, and WSU is the only school that never asked for a deposit of 100 dollars or so. It's just odd that they already created an e-mail account for me.

I just got mail about my WSU e-mail account. I was hoping someone could clarify whether it's definitely still possible to withdraw my application (not saying I want to yet). I'll be choosing between a few schools, and WSU is the only school that never asked for a deposit of 100 dollars or so. It's just odd that they already created an e-mail account for me.

Definitely possible. We're just very proactive here. You can withdraw as late as you want. I wouldn't suggest it though, WSU is too awesome to pass up...

:thumbup:

why would you ever want to do this :slap:

Status
Not open for further replies.