**2011 Acceptance Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anybody heard anything from IUP yet? They said they would be informing us by last week, but I haven't seen anything on here or gradcafe about it yet, still holding out some hope...

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody heard anything from IUP yet? They said they would be informing us by last week, but I haven't seen anything on here or gradcafe about it yet, still holding out some hope...

Nope, haven't heard a thing yet.

Ms. Phipps got in:soexcited::clap:

received an email this morning. So happy. Nice start into Spring Break :xf:
Way to go. Good luck to all GWU Psy.D. applicants :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
On the waitlist at CW Post Clinical PsyD. Heard via snail mail on 3/19.

Congrats!

Snoopy-HappyFeet.gif
hobbesdance-small.gif
smiley_emoticons_rakete.gif

This is terrific, Jegg. What a nice gift. I love it!! They are so empathic...how do they know how I feel?? :D

My theory is that they are magical emoticons. I haven't had a chance to test this theory empirically yet, but I'm certain that they know exactly what we experience! :D

Accepted into the GWU PsyD program this morning with merit-based and need-based scholarship!
Loved this school, already accepted the offer!

Can't wait to meet you potential classmates! (Someone make a fb group? maybe I'll get to it this month)

Good luck everyone still waiting to hear back from GWU or any other programs!

Hi all,

I received an offer from UT Southwestern early last week. I accepted and couldn't be happier!

Hey SDN psych gang,

I've been watching you all from a distance for almost a year now. I've laughed, cried, and lost sleep with you, and now I am reaching out for your feedback.

I have acceptances to CW Post, Yeshiva, and GWU PsyD programs. I am embarking on a massive cost-benefit analysis operation. Factors that I am including thus far are cost, financial aid offers, match rates from this and recent years, cohort size, cost, and cost of living/location (DC vs. NYC, such a close call). Are there other things I should be considering? Does anyone have a sense of the reputations of these 3 programs in the professional psych community?

Which program should I choose? Feel free to take a stand.

I know, poor me. :hungover:

Members don't see this ad :)
Just notified of acceptance into St. John's Clinical Phd today!! Anyone else going to St. John's next year?? :) :) :)

Can I ask how you heard about yeshiva PsyD and when?

Thanks.
Hey SDN psych gang,

I've been watching you all from a distance for almost a year now. I've laughed, cried, and lost sleep with you, and now I am reaching out for your feedback.

I have acceptances to CW Post, Yeshiva, and GWU PsyD programs. I am embarking on a massive cost-benefit analysis operation. Factors that I am including thus far are cost, financial aid offers, match rates from this and recent years, cohort size, cost, and cost of living/location (DC vs. NYC, such a close call). Are there other things I should be considering? Does anyone have a sense of the reputations of these 3 programs in the professional psych community?

Accepted into the GWU PsyD program this morning with merit-based and need-based scholarship!
Loved this school, already accepted the offer!

Can't wait to meet you potential classmates! (Someone make a fb group? maybe I'll get to it this month)

Good luck everyone still waiting to hear back from GWU or any other programs!

Me too!! I haven't accepted yet, still weighing some options, but I'm excited to see quite a few people on here have been accepted and are excited about it. Makes me feel like our class could get along well. :)

Just notified of acceptance into St. John's Clinical Phd today!! Anyone else going to St. John's next year?? :) :) :)

Congrats! I did St. John's undergrad, it's an amazing place to be. You'll love it!

congrats! can i ask how you heard from St. johns?

i was proactive - couldn't stand the wait any more and other schools kept wanting to "check up on me" so i emailed the professors i had interviewed with for any info. it was DEFINITELY a good idea :)

st johns is going to be notifying applicants this week for sure, by the way. good luck!

I was also accepted at GWU! Congrats to everyone!

Me too!! I haven't accepted yet, still weighing some options, but I'm excited to see quite a few people on here have been accepted and are excited about it. Makes me feel like our class could get along well. :)

Congrats! I did St. John's undergrad, it's an amazing place to be. You'll love it!

i was proactive - couldn't stand the wait any more and other schools kept wanting to "check up on me" so i emailed the professors i had interviewed with for any info. it was DEFINITELY a good idea :)

st johns is going to be notifying applicants this week for sure, by the way. good luck!

Omg, you almost gave me a heart attack. I thought I got rejected or waitlisted. Anyway, congratulations! I hope that we will be classmates.

Just got in to University of Nevada, Reno's clinical PhD program off the wait list!! It's my first acceptance, I am SO happy!!

Edit: Just accepted the offer this morning!

Last edited:
Hey SDN psych gang,

Well, with family in the medical field, they encouraged me to choose GWU because of it's reputation and hiring potential. Obviously, a doctorate from any school is still reputable and an awesome achievement.
If you received financial assistance from GWU like I did then you probably don't have to worry about costs right away.
The program is pricey though, and another reason I liked them so much was that all of their students I spoke with said they worked at least 20 hours. A lot of programs said not to work or to work 10 or less hours at an outside job. One male student I met at GWU works 40 hours a week in his second year. He says, yeah it's not super easy, but that if you are good with your time it's manageable.

So I like that GWU is three years (the same price for the whole year through the summer that Loyola was for 4 years); I like their reputation; I like that current students make it sound like it's possible to make some money while in school; Also I like that it's about 35 students and not 15 like a few of the schools I interviewed at...

However, I don't know much about Yeshiva or CW Post.
Both NY and DC will be expensive cities, and if I had to weigh that as a factor they would probably be about even. Anywhere you live you can choose to spend more or less.
Sorry I can't be of more help in "comparing" but I only know about GWU\

Good luck, it's a hard choice I bet!

Congrats Phipps!!! Love hearing all the good news. :thumbup:

Hey SDN psych gang,

You can also go to the Decision Help Thread on this forum (not sure if you did that already), but just to throw my 2 cents in, I'll be (almost definitely) attending CW Post this fall- I didn't apply to GWU, but I am choosing CW Post over Yeshiva for a couple reasons that may not apply to you: location, financial aid offer (none from Yeshiva, and likely a considerable amount from CW Post, although I'm still waiting to hear), and general overall feel of the programs when I visited. If a second or third year from CW Post's program didn't call you, one should be calling you soon.. I got a phone call and had all my questions and concerns answered, and it makes me feel so much better about my decision. Feel free to PM me and we can discuss this more. Congrats on all your acceptances!!

Are there still others out there who haven't heard a thing from Rutgers Clinical PsyD? No interview, no rejection, no acceptance. Is it true they sent out rejections via email? Thought I saw that awhile back, but maybe that was referring to the PhD program? Or School PsyD? Basically, should I assume it's a rejection at this point?

Has anybody heard anything from UT Knoxville? With the exception of the one poster who was offered acceptance two days after the inteview, I haven't heard anything. I know they said on interview day that budget stuff was still up in the air and that it would probably be several weeks before they knew how many students they would be able to accept, and, therefore, several weeks before offers went out...but this week begins week four...

*crickets chirping*

(((I'm especially anxious as this has been my number one program all along, especially after interview day, AND it's the only one I haven't heard back from (I'm waitlisted at three other places, no acceptances)...talk about prolonging the suspense! Plus, I'm fairly sure that person who I'm waitlisted after at another school is also waiting to hear back from a different POI at UT before they accept/decline the offer...so I've got two potential spots hinging on this...ugh! )))

*more crickets chirping*

Are there still others out there who haven't heard a thing from Rutgers Clinical PsyD? No interview, no rejection, no acceptance. Is it true they sent out rejections via email? Thought I saw that awhile back, but maybe that was referring to the PhD program? Or School PsyD? Basically, should I assume it's a rejection at this point?

A fellow student I know accepted an offer for Rutgers PsyD program I believe it was last week and another friend of mine was rejected from their program about 3 weeks ago. I'm sorry I can't give you any more details than that though :( good luck!

Hey SDN psych gang,

I wrote dynamic dude a pm with lots of details but I just want to put it out there for people who are considering yeshiva that it seems to be a much better program than some are giving it credit for on this forum. Some people seem to have gotten a bad impression from the interview day. I can say that having visited a second time to talk with profs and see classes, that they appear to be much more organized and accomodating than the interview day may have lead you to believe. Also, they have established connections with top nyc hospitals like bellevue, beth israel and and the nyc VA's and so tend to place there students there. I talked to the intership/externship director who told me that many ferkauf grads work in these places and like to take yeshiva students. I think this is extremely valuable given that there is a shortage of externship sites in nyc. I also talked to several nyc psychologists who told me that the yeshiva students they have worked with on internship,etc have been great, so they seem to have a good reputation in the area. So this is the impression I have gotten of the school. I have been puzzled by some of the negative rumors about the school on this forum, if anyone has specific details about why these rumors might be true, please let me know!

I applied to the clinical PsyD program and didn't hear a peep (no interview, rejection, etc.) until Friday 3/18. I received a rejection via email. Not sure why it's taking so long to get back to you, but maybe you want to give them a call? Good luck!

So far I've been accepted to PGSP PhD, CW Post PsyD and Pacific University PsyD. Still waiting to hear from PGSP-Stanford PsyD. I dread the decision-making part!! :eek:

I applied to the clinical PsyD program and didn't hear a peep (no interview, rejection, etc.) until Friday 3/18. I received a rejection via email. Not sure why it's taking so long to get back to you, but maybe you want to give them a call? Good luck!

I'm in the same boat- no interview, rejection letter, or decision on the online portal, even though I submitted my application on December 1st. I've thrown in the towel to be honest- it seems no interview = kiss of death.

I was accepted at La Salle PsyD today via email from the Program Director (I interviewed on Friday March 18). :D I'm sooooo excited!!! Now I can stop stressing <3

I wrote dynamic dude a pm with lots of details but I just want to put it out there for people who are considering yeshiva that it seems to be a much better program than some are giving it credit for on this forum. Some people seem to have gotten a bad impression from the interview day. I can say that having visited a second time to talk with profs and see classes, that they appear to be much more organized and accomodating than the interview day may have lead you to believe. Also, they have established connections with top nyc hospitals like bellevue, beth israel and and the nyc VA's and so tend to place there students there. I talked to the intership/externship director who told me that many ferkauf grads work in these places and like to take yeshiva students. I think this is extremely valuable given that there is a shortage of externship sites in nyc. I also talked to several nyc psychologists who told me that the yeshiva students they have worked with on internship,etc have been great, so they seem to have a good reputation in the area. So this is the impression I have gotten of the school. I have been puzzled by some of the negative rumors about the school on this forum, if anyone has specific details about why these rumors might be true, please let me know!

I agree that there seems to be some negative rumors on the forum about Yeshiva. I have heard some great things about their program, especially concerning the great supervision from the faculty and individual attention that is given to the students. In the end, for me it comes down to funding and location (since I felt that I would fit well at a lot of schools), and Yeshiva doesn't offer much for me in those departments. I've also heard great things about the school I am choosing when it comes to supervision and placement (a second year I talked to today has an externship at Bellevue for next year), so the negative rumors about Yeshiva weren't really a deciding factor for me. I would say if you feel that it is an all around good fit for you, go for it and ignore the rumors.

As happy as I am for all the acceptances, applying etiquette states that it is frowned upon to hold more than two offers at a time. Please keep that in mind.

As happy as I am for all the acceptances, applying etiquette states that it is frowned upon to hold more than two offers at a time. Please keep that in mind.

YES!! I agree. Thanks for bringing that up. I am still wait-listed and only received one acceptance so far. I am stuck.

Here are the guidelines, for anyone who hasn't seen them yet:

http://www.temple.edu/psychology/clinical/documents/guidelines.pdf

Technically, though, the guidelines say "A student should not hold more offers than they are seriously considering." Usually this means don't hold more than 2 offers, but there are some cases where a person would be justified holding onto multiple offers. Last year, I remember seeing a few posts where people mentioned holding onto offers temporarily as they awaited funding info, or because they needed to research which city best accommodated a unique need (i.e., resources for a child with autism).

Just mentioning this so that no one feels pressured into turning down offers before they have all the info they need to make a decision...

was it a mass e-mail or individualized? do you know if they extended all their invitations today?
also congrats!!

It was individualized, as far as I can tell. I'm not sure if they sent out all their invitations today but I know that on my interview day (the 14th) the director said that most (all?) of the acceptances would be out by this Friday. Good luck! :thumbup:

I'm in the same boat as you. I've been assuming it's a rejection for a while now, since they had their interviews in late February. :cool:

Just to clarify, my comment concerning holding multiple offers was not intended to pressure people, nor was it directed at any single member of this site. Rather, just as a reminder IF there are people on here that haven't informed schools of their disinterest if they have received an offer.

Just to clarify, my comment concerning holding multiple offers was not intended to pressure people, nor was it directed at any single member of this site. Rather, just as a reminder IF there are people on here that haven't informed schools of their disinterest if they have received an offer.

Support!
It's recommended that you only hold at most 2 offers at a time, and let other schools know, including those who put you on wait list. This definitely makes the system move faster and save a lot of wait-listee a lot of pain waiting.

I'm in the same boat- no interview, rejection letter, or decision on the online portal, even though I submitted my application on December 1st. I've thrown in the towel to be honest- it seems no interview = kiss of death.

I just checked my decision status online, and it said denied!!! Ahh!! They could have had the decency to email me!!! It didn't say that a few days ago, but I hadn't checked since until you posted this and reminded me. Maybe a decision will appear for you soon.. Good luck to you :xf:

I apologize if my post felt like it was directed at you. When I said "pressured", I didn't mean direct pressure from you (or anyone else), but indirect pressure from thinking that it's "2 offers at a time, no matter what." Again, apologies. :)

Mainly, I just wanted to pass along the link so people can make their own judgments as to how to ethically deal with offers.

I just checked my decision status online, and it said denied!!! Ahh!! They could have had the decency to email me!!! It didn't say that a few days ago, but I hadn't checked since until you posted this and reminded me. Maybe a decision will appear for you soon.. Good luck to you :xf:

Yup, same story here. Just checked, and saw denied. No formal rejection? Pretty classless if you ask me..

Yup, same story here. Just checked, and saw denied. No formal rejection? Pretty classless if you ask me..

Same goes for me- checking SDN with respect to other schools reminded me to check the portal once again today. Even though I had surmised this by now, it's still awful of them to do it like this. We put lots of time/effort/money into applying, and they could have at least notified us. Or answered my phone calls or emails.