2011 COMLEX Level I Experiences and Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bleeker10

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen a thread like this for those of us taking the beast this year so I thought I'd make one. When's everyone taking it? I'm taking it May 24th so I now have just over 60 days until I take it.

What materials are being used? I'm using FA, Goljan, BRS Phys, and Savarese along w/ Kaplan COMLEX and USMLE Qbanks (provided by school), USMLEWorld, and COMBANK.

Anyone taking USMLE too? I'm undecided since I'm military. I'll see where I'm at in a month and I can schedule it then.

Members don't see this ad.

What is the NBOME doing? Did they take last week off? I guess it is too much to expect scores to be released any earlier than 6 weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
this is just my speculation, but i think they are going to release all scores around July 25th +/- 4 days, which will include everyone that took the exam up to the first few days of july. this is just my speculation and does not have any real basis so take it for a grain of salt!

this is just my speculation, but i think they are going to release all scores around July 25th +/- 4 days, which will include everyone that took the exam up to the first few days of july. this is just my speculation and does not have any real basis so take it for a grain of salt!

That would be utterly ridiculous if it took that long to release my score.

That would be like 7.5 weeks after my exam. I do think they are pretty good about releasing around 6 weeks, it just never seems to be less than 5 weeks.

I have been checking NBOME website every 5 mins since last week. I am so exhausted with the waiting:D. Why can't they just give an estimated date like USMLE?:rolleyes:

i dont have any basis for making that statement but lets see, does make things more interesting!

For those of you who have already gotten scores back, how well did COMSAE A predict your score? I took it yesterday and got a 503. I want to do psychiatry, so I'm really just looking to pass. I take COMLEX on the 20th.

I didn't take COMSAE A, but I did take COMSAE B and C. I took C about 10 days out of my exam and for what it's worth, I ended up scoring 25 points higher on the real thing. You will most likely do 15-30 points higher so long as you cram FA these last few days. Good luck!

Everybody who took it up until around June 3rd had our scores released on a Friday around 11 am

Yes, scores have been released on Fridays as well.

For example, from what I've found searching, in 2007, scores were released on July 2 (monday) and July 13 (friday).

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they did release scores on Weds in the past?

When I emailed the NBOME, I was told they don't have a set day or time of day to release scores so theoretically they can be released anytime, any day. I found the email extremely unhelpful when I read it.

When I emailed the NBOME, I was told they don't have a set day or time of day to release scores so theoretically they can be released anytime, any day. I found the email extremely unhelpful when I read it.

Why does it take so long to release scores while USMLE scores have been releasing all day today? I am sure USMLE has much more students taking exams compare to us. :(

I called NBOME today and they stated that all exams for persons taking the exam 6/6-6/17 will be released together sometime between now and close of business Friday, CST.

I took it 6/6, so its been a long wait.... Hope Ive helped!

I called NBOME today and they stated that all exams for persons taking the exam 6/6-6/17 will be released together sometime between now and close of business Friday, CST.

Thanks so much, yes you did help me. I've been hitting F5 like a crazy person. I am in that group so :xf::thumbup:

Wow awesome, I hope they stick to that!

Hmm, I took mine on 6/24 so I guess I have to wait a few more weeks. Good that you guys know now.

I took my comlex on June 27. I noticed when I logged into nbome that it now says that I am eligible for step 2. Does that mean anything??

I took my comlex on June 27. I noticed when I logged into nbome that it now says that I am eligible for step 2. Does that mean anything??

Really? Weird because I've already received my scores and it doesn't say anything about being eligible for step 2 on the main page where it says "Exam Eligibility".

Interesting that you got that. I took mine on the 24th and nothing so far. There is no eligibility notice for Step 2 either.

My account page says I'm eligible for Level 2 CE as well. I took mine June 24th and still no results. I wonder why it says that?

Does anyone elses just say passed exam?

Yea then click on the view scores tab. What's a decent comlex score? Probably not my score since the COMLEX to usmle score equation under predicted my usmle score by over 37 points! Man I'm glad I took the usmle.

Last edited:
Scores are out! Passed!!! I took mine on 6/17....so it took less than 4 weeks. Congratulations to everyone out there!

Took COMSAE B 10 days before exam and underpredicted my score by 83 points, so I'm rather satisfied.

Hmm, no score yet for me (June 24th). Hopefully after another week I'll get mine.

I also don't see where you guys see Eligibility for Step 2 CE. Did the people who already got their scores have that noticed? I'm getting a little worried now =/

Hmm, no score yet for me (June 24th). Hopefully after another week I'll get mine.

I also don't see where you guys see Eligibility for Step 2 CE. Did the people who already got their scores have that noticed? I'm getting a little worried now =/

I think you will get yours 2 more wks just like we did. Besides the result of step 1. I don't see anything changed. If you are worried, contact them to see what happened. Good luck:D

I think you will get yours 2 more wks just like we did. Besides the result of step 1. I don't see anything changed. If you are worried, contact them to see what happened. Good luck:D

Thanks. I don't think I'll call them since the score should speak for the situation itself.

I just remember a post a few pages back where it told the user that they passed but they couldn't see their score. I was curious if it is the same thing.

I'm pretty worried about it. I honestly don't know how I did and it could go either way. All I want at this point is to not have to take it again.

yeah that pictures I tried were all huge. I don't have eligibility status change either but i'm not worried about it... I scored below average, so not like these awesome test takers getting 600's. I kept thinking that when I got my score if I didn't get above a 500 I would be disappointed, but at the end of the day, I passed and tried my hardest and i'm doing really well in my first month of rotations, especially when it comes to getting pimped by attendings and residents I feel like studying for boards is helping me answer the questions correctly-- Congratulations to everyone that got their scores, and good luck to everyone taking it. Work hard, do not procrastinate, if you put in the time you will do well :) i've got proof. yayyyy!!!!

Last edited:
Also don't have the change of eligibility status, took it on the 27th. Don't know what that means but now you guys are making me worried as well.