2011 wreb takers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Diastama

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear WREBers!
Looks like the exams are underway now! Our final hump till the end. Please post any questions, comments, or experiences that may be helpful for the rest of us!

Good luck!! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I opened both websites but there's material only for NBDE...i didn't find anything for WREB.....:confused:

I just took the CSW, read the manual for the perio part..pay attention because negative numbers means gingiva over CEJ...a lot of overdenture and implants..just know all the phases of periodontal therapy.. Initial theraphy , surgical phase and so on...it is no that bad just read whatever you have for the NBDE. I didn't like the Pros part..because you have to be playing with the stupid mouse..waste of time.

I just took the CSW, read the manual for the perio part..pay attention because negative numbers means gingiva over CEJ...a lot of overdenture and implants..just know all the phases of periodontal therapy.. Initial theraphy , surgical phase and so on...it is no that bad just read whatever you have for the NBDE. I didn't like the Pros part..because you have to be playing with the stupid mouse..waste of time.
please give me ur email or phone,I have some materials which is good for wreb.

I just took the CSW and got my result back, passed the perio but failed the prosth section. There were so many question about implant and I was :(clueless, Can anybody help me how to study for the prosth I have to take it again?

nili2...did you receive the results for your entire WREB exam or just the computer exams?

The WREB web-site says your entire exam results will be given in one score report approximately 2-4 weeks after your exam. I was under the impression that we had to wait until after our clinical exam to get the computer results.

Hey Nilli...I've been reading some chapters of implant-prosthesis from Mitsch....well, he talks about overdentures and implants...I didn't know anything about it, but now I can tell you I know something:) I mean better than nothing...so, look for this book in a library and check....he talks about treatment plans and also when it is implant supported and when it is retained...I also read for fixed prostho from Shillimburg one chapter actually chapter 10 about principles of tooth preparation, it is not so many pages and it is very easy to understand....I am not reading anymore because I am reading WREB busters for the second time now....and also my exam is in 3 weeks...:luck:

well, I already took the PATP, Perio and Prostho exam....I've seen 1000 views in this thread and only 8 replies...very disapponted with SDN....I didn't get any advice from people who took it or who will take it......:(:shrug:
anyway, since I am not selfish here's my experience : PATP and Perio is easy, but Prostho is a little more complicated....PATP you should only follow the guide abbreviations and have a concisive treatment....Perio just don't get confused with CAL and adhered gingiva calculations, know the difference between blunted, edematous, knife-edge papilla...you must know when you should do reevaluation, the types of periodontitis and that's it...Now, Prostho ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM to see contacts, damaged adjacent tooth, occlusal contacts of RPDs or CDs, study implants and overdentures options treatments(hader-clip system, locators...) Good luck:luck:

1. It has been decided to perform osseous surgery on the maxillary right quadrant of a patient. This surgery will involve modification of the bony architecture of the periodontally involved teeth. The objective(s) of osseous surgery include:
a. periodontal pocket reduction
b. regeneration of periodontal tissues lost to periodontitis
c. gingival tissue morphology which mimics physiologically contoured alveolar bone
d. a and b
e. a and c

2.What is the objective of flap design for regenerative surgery?
a. To remove the maximum amount of gingival tissue to eliminate pocket depths
b. To preserve the maximum amount of gingival tissue and papilla to cover the materials placed for regeneration
c. To increase the zone of attached gingiva

3. In designing your flap, vertical incisions should be placed:
a. In the center of an interdental papilla.
b. At the mid-radicular surface of a tooth.
c. At the line angle of a tooth.

4. Which ONE of the following in NOT considered a displaced flap design?
a. Apically positioned flap.
b. Lateral sliding flap.
c. Coronally positioned flap.
d. Modified Widman flap ??

5. If your periodontal surgery sextant has a very narrow band of facial keratinized gingiva, your surgical technique will most likely include:
a. Intra-crevicular incisions
b. Reverse bevel incisions
c. External beveled incisions???

6. Which antibiotic therapy would be your first choice for a patient suffering from necrotizing ulcerative gingivitis/periodontitis (NUG/NUP)?
a. Atridox (doxycycline in biodegradable polymer)
b. Arestin (minocycline microspheres)
c. PerioChip (chlorhexidine gluconate in gelatin chip)
d. Oral Metronidazole tablets??????

7. Which of the following terms is defined as the reshaping of the alveolar process to achieve a more physiological form with the removal of supporting bone?
a. osteotomy
b. osteoconduction
c. ostectomy
d. osteoinduction
e. osteoplasty
8. Bone morphogenic proteins, whether in active or inactive forms, can be found in which of the following bone grafting materials?
a. alloplasts
b. demineralized freeze dried bone allograft
c. autogenous grafts
d. b and c
e. all of the above
9. You have decided to place your patient on low dose doxycycline (Periostat®). The intended mechanism of action of this medication is:
a. The suppression the arachidonic acid pathways
b. Bactericidal to a selected group of periodontal pathogens
c. To inhibit the activity of collagenases, particularly those produced by polymorphonuclear leukocytes (neutrophils, PMN).
d. None of the above

10 . During the course of periodontal therapy, plaque retentive sub-gingival carious lesions should be corrected:
a. During the hygienic phase
b. After the re-evaluation appointment
c. After completion of the periodontal treatment
d. All restorative needs must be completed before the start of the periodontal treatment.

11 Healing after scaling and root planing will consist largely of:
a. formation of new cementum
b. new connective tissue attachment
c. formation of a long-junctional epithelial attachment
d. periodontal ligament regeneration

Following the hygienic phase of periodontal therapy, the re-evaluation appointment is scheduled _____________ after scaling and root planing.
a. 2-4 weeks
b. 4-6 weeks
c. 6-8 weeks
d. 8-10 weeks

I have completed the WREB and am looking to sell to a future applicant the WREB endo dentoform (it has extra sextants as well) and the WREB board busters book that was very helpful in studying for the treatment planning, prosth, and perio computer exam sections. If interested please let me know! Email to [email protected]

I am in great need. I've taken the CSW Perio and Pros sections three times and have not passed. This is very stressful for me. Are there any resources or advice? I greatly appreciate all help. I will be retaking soon because I need to start working ASAP and to catch up on my student loan payments. thank you in advance!

Does anybody knows when to restore implants with O-rings, Hader-bar, or locators? I saw this question on the exam and did not have any clue... Also, what do we do if posterior implants fail on the maxillary or mand. arch? Replace, put asleep, reline, etc? There were about 5 or 6 questions about failing implants, and I couldn't find any answers in our textbooks :confused:

Same here. I failed the Pros section 3 times. Do you have to go through remediation and then take ALL 5 sections again? This is so frustrating. I did really well in everything eles, I just cant get past the Pros. :(

im planning to take wreb exams in june, what review materials are u suggesting that i should read,thx and God bless

We are on thesame boat, I a m so frustrated because I just got my result, I did well in everything except prostho. Now they asked me to do remediation in Prostho . I noticed that recently they make difficult questions in Prostho so I am a bit worried on how can I pass if they are making it more difficult every year, How are you now did you retake all five sections? Do you know the best review materials we have to study for CSW prosth exam? I hope on your response.

Last edited:
For sure, you have taken your remedial course.. When did you take it and how much did you pay? I only need 40 hours. Please response. Thank you