-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012 - 2013 Official Psychology PhD/PsyD Interview Invite thread
Started by Marissa4usa
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Do you mind my asking if this was a personalized or mass message? I'm still waiting to hear from TempleSchool Name: Temple U
Degree: Clinical PhD
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/15
How were you notified: Email
Who notified you: I think administrative assistant
Interview Date: 1/25 or 1/28, half a day
Last edited:
Also, maybe I missed it, but why are some schools in the initial post blue?
The ones in blue are the most recently added ones 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It was a standard form email with my name and the name of my POI stuck into it. It was not written by or sent from my POI, but it's possible that my POI just made her mind up before others and this fellow is sending these emails out as he gets information. Given how soon the interviews are, I expect people will have to hear in the next few days. Best of luck all!!!Do you mind my asking if this was a personalized or mass message? I'm still waiting to hear from Temple
School Name: SUNY Binghamton
Degree: Clinical PhD
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/15
How were you notified: Email
Who notified you: POI
Interview Date: 2/8 (preferred) or 2/11, full day
Degree: Clinical PhD
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/15
How were you notified: Email
Who notified you: POI
Interview Date: 2/8 (preferred) or 2/11, full day
Thank you!!! Good luck!! 🙂Thanks so much!!! Crossing fingers, toes, limbs, hairs, anything!! Congratulations on your interview, and best of luck!!!
I received an email this AM from the assistant DCT at Temple informing me about an interview! Dates are for 1/25 or 1/28.
Best of luck everyone!
Best of luck everyone!
Which POI did you apply to work with? If you don't want to post it but feel comfortable, you can PM me.I received an email this AM from the assistant DCT at Temple informing me about an interview! Dates are for 1/25 or 1/28.
Best of luck everyone!
...
Last edited:
Has anyone heard from these schools yet or know whether all invites have gone out?
Vanderbilt
UCLA
JDP
University of Michigan
Washington University in St. Louis
University of Pittsburgh
Berkeley
University of Pittsburgh hasn't contacted anyone for interviews yet. a lady at the grad admissions office said that most POI's will call for interviews and they should be starting to make those calls soon. she didn't really clarify how soon though... 😕
Has anyone heard from these schools yet or know whether all invites have gone out?
Vanderbilt
UCLA
JDP
University of Michigan
Washington University in St. Louis
University of Pittsburgh
Berkeley
Pre-interview call from Washington University in St. Louis last week. I don't know if all POIs made the calls, but in-person interview invites should be sent the end of this week or beginning of next week.
School Name: Northwestern (Weinberg)
Degree: PhD
Type: Clinical
Date Interview Invite Received: 01/16/13
How were you notified: Email
Who notified you: POI
Interview Date: February 8th and 9th
Additional Info: $350 airfare covered, hotel provided, tour of neuroimaging facilities
*I'd also like to add that I am a very non-traditional student who does not come with the requisite stellar undergrad GPA, in an unrelated field no less. What I do bring to the table is a clearly defined focus and strong research background in techniques I hope to employ in my own research.
I feel that if I can get an opportunity to interview at my top choice school, so can each of us.
Okay, enough Pollyanna. Good luck to everyone!
Degree: PhD
Type: Clinical
Date Interview Invite Received: 01/16/13
How were you notified: Email
Who notified you: POI
Interview Date: February 8th and 9th
Additional Info: $350 airfare covered, hotel provided, tour of neuroimaging facilities
*I'd also like to add that I am a very non-traditional student who does not come with the requisite stellar undergrad GPA, in an unrelated field no less. What I do bring to the table is a clearly defined focus and strong research background in techniques I hope to employ in my own research.
I feel that if I can get an opportunity to interview at my top choice school, so can each of us.
Okay, enough Pollyanna. Good luck to everyone!
...
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
School Name: UC Berkeley
Degree: PhD
Type: Clinical
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/16
How were you notified: Phone
Who notified you: academic coordinator
Interview Date: 2/11 and 2/12
Degree: PhD
Type: Clinical
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/16
How were you notified: Phone
Who notified you: academic coordinator
Interview Date: 2/11 and 2/12
Last edited:
csweeneyl1984:
I am also a non-traditional student with an unrelated undergrad degree, and some great research experience - you have given me hope! congrats!!!!
Hear, hear! I am another non-traditional student so it is great to hear of your success. My GPA is quite good but I scored abysmally on the quantitative portion of the GRE, which has had me fairly concerned regarding having any invites extended for interviews. Needless to say I was incredibly pleased to hear back from U of Oregon, and am in the same boat as the rest of you trying to stay sane throughout this whole process.

School Name: Loyola University Maryland
Degree: PsyD
Type: Clinical
Rejection
How were you notified: email, 1/16
Degree: PsyD
Type: Clinical
Rejection
How were you notified: email, 1/16
My first invite!!!!!
School: University of Southern Mississippi
Track: Clinical
Contacted via phone byPOI
Interviews on 2/14-2/15 with a social event the night of the 14th.
School: University of Southern Mississippi
Track: Clinical
Contacted via phone byPOI
Interviews on 2/14-2/15 with a social event the night of the 14th.
Last edited:
.
Last edited:
.
Ok...so, if invites for the UNL-Clinical program have been going out (on TGC) and there were a whole slew of rejections today (on TGC), and I have not received any notifications whatsoever since my application was listed as under review in Dec....Where does that leave those of us without any notifications? Purgatory?
In the same boat. It looks like last year people noticed their application status changed to REVIEWED before getting emails about interviews.
-
I was wondering if anyone had gotten an interview invite from University of Florida Counseling Program. I had a telephone interview with my POI, she said I would be notified last week and I havent heard anything. I am guessing it is a no. I tried to email her but have not gotten a response. thanks for the help!
George Mason U was supposed to send out interview invites some time today... has anyone heard anything?
I was wondering the same thing! I have been obsessively checking my email today and have not heard a peep! (and it's already almost 4 PM here)
5
521808
I was wondering the same thing! I have been obsessively checking my email today and have not heard a peep! (and it's already almost 4 PM here)
Nothing here! I've been freaking out all day - I just want my phone to ring and my inbox to light up...my advisor has already joked with me about my OCD-related checking compulsions.
.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How can one not present as OCD this time of year?! I'm not even allowing my email to refresh on its own. This forum and gradcafe are taking up all my time and I can't tear myself away.
Glad to know it isn't just me.
How can one not present as OCD this time of year?! I'm not even allowing my email to refresh on its own. This forum and gradcafe are taking up all my time and I can't tear myself away.
Gradcafe isn't working for me... =(
I'm getting really nervous about GMU though. Ugh, looks like I'll be getting no interviews this year.
Gradcafe isn't working for me... =(
I'm getting really nervous about GMU though. Ugh, looks like I'll be getting no interviews this year.
Don't get down yet! Nobody has reported invites from there, so you still have just as good of a chance as anyone 🙂
Don't get down yet! Nobody has reported invites from there, so you still have just as good of a chance as anyone 🙂
Thanks for the confidence! It's just hard to keep my head up during this whole process sometimes. I haven't heard from 3 of my 9 schools, so I guess I should keep hope.
EDIT: as in, 6 of my 9 schools have already extended interviews and I was not included =(
Last edited:
5
517551
Hey Guys,
For those of you who have completed clinical phone interviews, could you share what kind of questions they ask over the phone? I'm so paranoid to be interviewed over the phone...
Thanks!!
For those of you who have completed clinical phone interviews, could you share what kind of questions they ask over the phone? I'm so paranoid to be interviewed over the phone...

Thanks!!
Thanks for the confidence! It's just hard to keep my head up during this whole process sometimes. I haven't heard from 3 of my 9 schools, so I guess I should keep hope.
EDIT: as in, 6 of my 9 schools have already extended interviews and I was not included =(
Forget those schools! You don't want to go there anyway! 🙂
Sending positive vibes your way - it takes just one!

Forget those schools! You don't want to go there anyway! 🙂
Sending positive vibes your way - it takes just one!![]()
You are all so uplifting! Thank you for the positive vibes =) I'm sending some back your way!
Hey Guys,
For those of you who have completed clinical phone interviews, could you share what kind of questions they ask over the phone? I'm so paranoid to be interviewed over the phone...
Thanks!!
I feel the same way. This would also be great for counseling psych phone interviews as well.
George Mason U was supposed to send out interview invites some time today... has anyone heard anything?
Their website says on or around the 16th. I'm guessing tomorrow or Friday. Keep your head up!!
I feel the same way. This would also be great for counseling psych phone interviews as well.
I have had two phone interviews for counseling and both have been pretty different. One was pretty structured and asked pretty basic questions such as:
"Give me 10 adjectives that describe you" (this one threw me for a loop!)
"why do you want to come here"
"what kind of research are you interested in?"
"Why do you want to work with me in particular?"
"what are your long term goals as a psychologist?"
My other interview was much less formal and was more of a conversation (this one went much better for me, but I think this was because I was a better fit for this program). She asked similar questions to the ones I listed above. Focus on being able to clearly state your research goals and you'll be all set! 😳 hope this helps
Their website says on or around the 16th. I'm guessing tomorrow or Friday. Keep your head up!!
That may be a silly question but I cannot find that info for the life of it. Where on GMU's site do you see that?
That may be a silly question but I cannot find that info for the life of it. Where on GMU's site do you see that?
I saw it on the website monday, but I actually can't find the information today either! So annoying.
EDIT: http://psychology.gmu.edu/graduate/clinical/interviews
School: Georgia State University
Degree: Ph.D
Type: Clinical
Date interview invite received: Jan. 16
How were you notified: Email
Who notified you: Admissions Assistant
Interview date: Feb. 22nd, with potential dinner the night before on 2.21
Hi! Can you say whether this was a mass email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I saw it on the website monday, but I actually can't find the information today either! So annoying.
EDIT: http://psychology.gmu.edu/graduate/clinical/interviews
Cool, thanks...totally missed that.
It does not appear to be a mass email as my name was at the beginning of the email, albeit spelled wrongly (common mispelling), leading me to believe that it was hand-typed.Hi! Can you say whether this was a mass email?
It does not appear to be a mass email as my name was at the beginning of the email, albeit spelled wrongly (common mispelling), leading me to believe that it was hand-typed.
thanks!! maybe there's still a chance then...
I emailed the grad coordinator (Jamie Longwell) for psych and got the bad news. Good luck.In the same boat. It looks like last year people noticed their application status changed to REVIEWED before getting emails about interviews.
School: University of Vermont
Degree: Ph.D
Type: Clinical
Date interview invite received: Jan. 16
How were you notified: Email
Who notified you: Chair of Admissions Committee
Interview date: Feb. 8th
Hi, was this a mass email?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 12
- Views
- 4K