2012 - 2013 Official Psychology PhD/PsyD Interview Invite thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I'm still waiting on

Rutgers
Catholic U of A
Fordham
Temple
Columbia TC
University of Miami

Has anyone heard from these schools, I've seen some posts on grad cafe about invites for temple so I'm assuming that I'm out of luck on that one, but haven't heard of invites for interviews for the others. Just had my tonsils out this past week probably the worst time to have it because I'm sitting home recovering waiting to hear from someone, anxiety at an all time high lol

Best of luck to everyone!

I'm waiting to hear from Catholic, Fordham and Miami too. I saw in grad cafe someone heard from their Miami POI a little while ago, there could still be hope.. good luck!
 
Hey Guys,

Drexel, Clinical Psychology PhD
Invite via phone on 1/11/13
Interview date is 2/11 or 2/15.

Still waiting on Clinical Psych, PhD at:
UPenn
Rutgers
Fordham
Columbia
Boston U

Please let me know if you hear anything!

Good luck to everyone! You should all be so proud of yourselves for beasting this process. It's killer, and it says something that you persevered this far.
🙂
Haven't heard anything from Boston U either. Has anyone hear from Stony Brook or the SDSU/UCSD Joint Doctoral Program?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I noticed that a few people have suggested waiting to contact departments for a little while longer in regards to applications, interviews, etc.

This is my second time through this process and I am not feeling to good about it. I dont want to do anything that might harm my chances but if interview weekends are coming up very soon or interviews have already been finished, is there any harm in sending an email to the departments?
 
I noticed that a few people have suggested waiting to contact departments for a little while longer in regards to applications, interviews, etc.

This is my second time through this process and I am not feeling to good about it. I dont want to do anything that might harm my chances but if interview weekends are coming up very soon or interviews have already been finished, is there any harm in sending an email to the departments?

I would wait until Monday of next week to start contacting places... For a lot of schools, this is the first week back from holidays. Although, I am noticing a lot of clinical programs have sent out interview invites already. Counseling seems to be slower.
 
School Name: Purdue (West Lafayette)
Degree: PhD
Type: Clinical
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/14
How were you notified: Email
Who notified you: Graduate Program Coordinator (personalized letter attached)
Interview Date: 1/31-2/1
 
Last edited:
School Name: Purdue (West Lafayette)
Degree: PhD
Type: Clinical
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/14
How were you notified: Email
Who notified you: Graduate Program Coordinator (personalized letter attached)
Interview Date: 1/31-2/1

Congrats! I applied there too. Hopefully, I get good news soon.
 
I'm still waiting on

Rutgers
Catholic U of A
Fordham
Temple
Columbia TC
University of Miami

Has anyone heard from these schools, I've seen some posts on grad cafe about invites for temple so I'm assuming that I'm out of luck on that one, but haven't heard of invites for interviews for the others. Just had my tonsils out this past week probably the worst time to have it because I'm sitting home recovering waiting to hear from someone, anxiety at an all time high lol

Best of luck to everyone!


I applied to U Miami and got an email about my interview about a week ago. However, I believe this email was only for the Health Track applicants.

I applied to Fordham as well and I haven't heard anything yet. Good luck!
 
I just received an invitation to interview at Florida State. I know it has been posted but I wanted to let people know that these invitations are still coming in!
 
I've received phone pre-interviews at both Florida State (today, from POI) and Michigan (December, from POI). Still waiting on my other schools.
 
The first post of this thread has now been updated to say that all Yale interview invites have been sent out. Where's this info from? Not that I was counting on Yale, but still, I'm curious.
 
I'm still waiting on

Rutgers
Catholic U of A
Fordham
Temple
Columbia TC
University of Miami

Has anyone heard from these schools, I've seen some posts on grad cafe about invites for temple so I'm assuming that I'm out of luck on that one, but haven't heard of invites for interviews for the others. Just had my tonsils out this past week probably the worst time to have it because I'm sitting home recovering waiting to hear from someone, anxiety at an all time high lol

Best of luck to everyone!
I also applied to Catholic and Temple and have yet to hear back from either of them, if it makes you feel any better.
 
Hey Guys,

Drexel, Clinical Psychology PhD
Invite via phone on 1/11/13
Interview date is 2/11 or 2/15.

Still waiting on Clinical Psych, PhD at:
UPenn
Rutgers
Fordham
Columbia
Boston U

Please let me know if you hear anything!

Good luck to everyone! You should all be so proud of yourselves for beasting this process. It's killer, and it says something that you persevered this far.
🙂
I still haven't heard anything from UPenn and BU either. Nothing yet for you since you posted this? Or anyone else for that matter?
 
Has anyone heard for University of Pittsburgh?

I'm waiting to hear back from them as well. I've also applied to:

University of Oregon
University of Washington
Rutgers
Harvard
Duke
University of Missouri
Duquesne
University of Rochester

I've heard back from Oregon so far. Has anyone else heard from the others?
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
School Name: Central Michigan University
Degree: PhD
Type: Clinical
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/14
How were you notified: Email
Who notified you: Graduate Program Secretary
Interview Date: 2/22 (Open House) with lunch and meeting with faculty followed by the opportunity to interact with current students.

Pre-Interview:
School Name: Southern Illinois University
Degree: PhD
Type: Brain and Cognitive Sciences
Interview Date: 11/24/12
How were you notified: Email followed by phone call from POI
 
School Name: Vanderbilt University
Degree: PhD
Type: Clinical
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/14
How were you notified: Email
Who notified you: POI
Interview Date: 2/1

School Name: University of Colorado Boulder
Degree: PhD
Type: Clinical
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/14
How were you notified: Email
Who notified you: POI
Interview Date: 2/7-8
 
School Name: TAMU
Degree: PhD
Type: Counseling
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/14
How were you notified: Email
Who notified you: Advisor
Interview Date: 2/14 (social), 2/15 (interview)
 
I applied to U Miami and got an email about my interview about a week ago. However, I believe this email was only for the Health Track applicants.

I applied to Fordham as well and I haven't heard anything yet. Good luck!

Was your invite from U Miami personalized only to you or to several applicants? May I know who is your POI? Thanks!! 🙂
 
Just got a pre-phone interview from University of Illinois - Urbana Champaign for a clinical psych PhD.
 
I'm waiting to hear back from them as well. I've also applied to:

University of Oregon
University of Washington
Rutgers
Harvard
Duke
University of Missouri
Duquesne
University of Rochester

I've heard back from Oregon so far. Has anyone else heard from the others?

I applied to:

Pitt
Penn State
Temple
Drexel
Kent State
and IUP (PsyD)

Haven't heard from any of them yet...😕
 
School Name: Yeshiva University
Degree: PsyD
Type: School-Clinical
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/9
How were you notified: Email
Who notified you: Program Director
Interview Date: Must give two top choices of 1/31, 2/6, 2/7, 2/20, 2/28

I have not heard from any other schools, but also applied to:
NYU Counseling PhD
BU Clinical PhD
Fordham Clinical PhD
Rutgers Clinical PhD
St. John's School PsyD
Pace School-Clinical PsyD

Good Luck to Everyone!
 
School Name: The Wright Institute
Degree: PsyD
Type: Clinical
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/14
How were you notified: Email
Who notified you: Director of Admissions
Interview Date: chose from options; 2/5
 
School Name: Duke
Degree: PhD
Type: Clinical
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/15
How were you notified: Email
Who notified you: DCT
Interview Date: 2/8 or 2/11, dinner at home of Chair 2/7 for those who attend the 2/8 interview
 
Last edited:
School Name: University of Kansas
Degree: PhD
Type: Child Clinical
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/15
How were you notified: Email
Who notified you: Program Secretary
Interview Date: 2/11 or 2/18
 
Has anyone heard from CUNY @ city college? I see one post on Gradcafe, and am wondering whether anyone else has received anything..
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For anyone waiting for a decision from the Idaho State University Clinical program, I spoke with the department this morning and they told me notifications will go out on February 1.
 
School Name: University of Nebraska- Lincoln
Clinical Psychology
Date Interview Invite Received: 01/11
How were you notified: phone call
Who notified you: POI
Interview Date: in person interview and social events February 8-10
Orange44,
Congratulations! Who was your POI and did you apply to the regular clinical program or psychology and law?
 
Trying to plan ahead and be able to coordinate interview dates. Does anyone have information on any of these schools:

Vanderbilt - have all invited gone out? Which POIs have people been contacted by?

University of Denver - anyone know what dates the interviews will be held?

UPenn - when will the invitations go out? and are the phone interviews first?

U of Minnesota - again, have all invited gone out?


I wish they would just be open with us so we could know, either way!
 
School Name: Lehigh University
Degree: PhD
Type: School
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/15
How were you notified: Email
Who notified you: Member of admissions committee
Interview Date: 2/4 or 2/5 all day
 
Trying to plan ahead and be able to coordinate interview dates. Does anyone have information on any of these schools:

Vanderbilt - have all invited gone out? Which POIs have people been contacted by?

University of Denver - anyone know what dates the interviews will be held?

UPenn - when will the invitations go out? and are the phone interviews first?

U of Minnesota - again, have all invited gone out?


I wish they would just be open with us so we could know, either way!
I had a phone pre-interview with my POI at UPenn on Friday. He said the admission committee was meeting this week, so I'm assuming invites would go out end of this week or next? He didn't give me an exact timeline. The interview dates are Feb 22/23 or Feb 28/Mar 1, according to an email the department sent out in December (there was an error in the application regarding those dates). Hope that helps!
 
Just got a pre-phone interview from University of Illinois - Urbana Champaign for a clinical psych PhD.

I also received a pre-phone interview invitation to take place this week from UIUC for their Clinical-Community program, from the Director of Clinical Training.
 
I had a phone pre-interview with my POI at UPenn on Friday. He said the admission committee was meeting this week, so I'm assuming invites would go out end of this week or next? He didn't give me an exact timeline. The interview dates are Feb 22/23 or Feb 28/Mar 1, according to an email the department sent out in December (there was an error in the application regarding those dates). Hope that helps!
Do you mind if I ask you who your POI is that contacted you? Just because then I'll know if my chances are slim or not...
 
Has anyone heard from CUNY @ city college? I see one post on Gradcafe, and am wondering whether anyone else has received anything..

They have started inviting people to interview the end of last week. I don't know if they are still contacting people.

Good luck!
 
School Name: University of Kansas
Degree: PhD
Type: Child Clinical
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/15
How were you notified: Email
Who notified you: Program Secretary
Interview Date: 2/11 or 2/18
Oh no! This is one of my top choices! Was this invitation a mass email or is the secretary emailing applicants individually? This is my second time applying, and I didn't get any interviews last year, so I am super nervous that I haven't heard back from any schools yet this year.
 
Was Uni of Oregon for Counseling or Clinical PhD? I'm waiting to hear re :Counseling so fingers crossed you applied to clinical!

For those that asked about a couple other schools, I made some phone calls yesterday and here's what I was told, from those that answered:

- Columbia TC is sending out emails in Feb.
- NYU Steinhardt couldn't give any info re: timeline for invites
- Widener is still reviewing apps/gathering materials for a majority of applicants
- Uni of Denver will send out emails in "mid to late Jan" for interview in "mid to late Feb"

I'm still unsure about:
- UT Knoxville
- UT Austin
- BC
- UGA

I received an email on the 4th from Chicago School of Professional Psychology for an interview on Feb 11th, applied to Clinical Psyc, PsyD, Chicago campus, general track.

Oh, and that is all in regards to Counseling PhD programs, not clinical. Hope that helps! And if anyone can clarify re: U of Oregon, let me know!! GOOD LUCK ALL!!
 
I spoke with a lady in the graduate office at Pitt. Professors have not started sending out invites for interview but will soon. She said they will most likely call rather than email. Interview weekend is Feb 15 and 16.
 
Oh no! This is one of my top choices! Was this invitation a mass email or is the secretary emailing applicants individually? This is my second time applying, and I didn't get any interviews last year, so I am super nervous that I haven't heard back from any schools yet this year.
Individual email and it's still very early **fingers crossed**
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know I'm a little late posting to this thread. Sorry ab that.

Here's what's happened with me thus far:

School Name: UNC Chapel Hill
Degree: PhD
Type: Clinical
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/7
How were you notified: Phone call for pre-interview in a subsequent email for formal invitation.
Who notified you: POI
Interview Dates: 2/7-2/8


School Name: University of Alabama at Tuscaloosa
Degree: PhD
Type: Clinical Child Program
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/15
How were you notified: Email
Who notified you: POI
Interview Dates: TBD
 
I feel like there's a bunch of schools that someone should have heard about by now. I'm still waiting for information about the following:

University of North Texas - Clinical Health
University of South Florida - Clinical
USUHS
Mercer University Clinical Medical
University of South Carolina - Clinical Community
Rutgers - Clinical PhD
University of Rhode Island - Clinical
University of Texas Southwestern
St. John's University - Clinical
University of Maine - Clinical
University of Kentucky - Clinical
 
I feel like there's a bunch of schools that someone should have heard about by now. I'm still waiting for information about the following:

University of North Texas - Clinical Health
University of South Florida - Clinical
USUHS
Mercer University Clinical Medical
University of South Carolina - Clinical Community
Rutgers - Clinical PhD
University of Rhode Island - Clinical
University of Texas Southwestern
St. John's University - Clinical
University of Maine - Clinical
University of Kentucky - Clinical

I am still waiting on the University of South Florida as well.

The University of Kentucky clinical program already conducted interviews last week and sent out offers on Monday.

Best of luck!
 
Last edited: