You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012 - 2013 Official Psychology PhD/PsyD Interview Invite thread
Started by Marissa4usa
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
POI contacted meWas your invite to UW-Milwaukee from your POI or from the program director?
In case you are all like me and compulsively checking this thread now that it's January, I thought you could use some humor to temporarily distract you from the anxiety.
If you haven't seen this website, it's pretty funny (what we have to look forward to):
http://www.phdcomics.com/comics.php
🙂 Good luck to everyone in the next few weeks!
If you haven't seen this website, it's pretty funny (what we have to look forward to):
http://www.phdcomics.com/comics.php
🙂 Good luck to everyone in the next few weeks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In case you are all like me and compulsively checking this thread now that it's January, I thought you could use some humor to temporarily distract you from the anxiety.
If you haven't seen this website, it's pretty funny (what we have to look forward to):
http://www.phdcomics.com/comics.php
🙂 Good luck to everyone in the next few weeks!
This is the one that I go to when I need a break from obsessing...
http://whatshouldwecallgradschool.tumblr.com/
Everybody remember to check your spam folders! I had an interview invite from Wisconsin- Milwaukee show up in my spam folder on 12/23!
School Name: University of Wisconsin- Milwaukee
Degree: Clinical Psych PhD
Date Invite Received: 12/23/2012
How Notified: Email from POI
Interview Dates: Feb 1
School Name: University of Wisconsin- Milwaukee
Degree: Clinical Psych PhD
Date Invite Received: 12/23/2012
How Notified: Email from POI
Interview Dates: Feb 1
School Name: University of Central Florida
Degree: PhD
Type: Clinical
Date of Interview Invite Received: Jan. 4th
How were you notified: Phone Call from DCT
Date of Interview: Feb. 1st
Degree: PhD
Type: Clinical
Date of Interview Invite Received: Jan. 4th
How were you notified: Phone Call from DCT
Date of Interview: Feb. 1st
Hi, I saw you posted on 12/21 saying you received an interview invite from USC on the 21st...is the one you received today a follow up. Can you clarify, please? Thanks.
School Name: University of Southern California
Degree: Clinical Science PhD
Date Invite Received: 1/4/2013
How Notified: Email from DCT
Interview Dates: 1/24 - 1/25
Hi, I saw you posted on 12/21 saying you received an interview invite from USC on the 21st...is the one you received today a follow up. Can you clarify, please? Thanks.
Sure - I apologize for the confusion. I had a phone interview on 12/21 and received an on-site interview invite today.
Hi! Has anyone heard from Umass Amherst yet?
there is a post about an interview invitation at grad cafe.
Last edited:
U of A Birmingham?
Sorry--completely spaced which campus 😳 To clarify: U of A Tuscaloosa.
I think the waiting may be slowly killing off my brain cells, haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I saw that on gradcafe, someone posted they had an phone interview/invite for Northwestern Feinberg today? Has anyone received anything similar, or have received any interview invites?
Edit: nvm, I see that this is posted on page 1.
Good luck to the people who got the invite!
Edit: nvm, I see that this is posted on page 1.
Good luck to the people who got the invite!
Last edited:
anyone hear back from ui chicago yet?
thanks!! 🙂
thanks!! 🙂
Just wanted to wish everyone GOOD LUCK and many interviews!!!
Try not to stress too much and take care of yourselves during the process. What will be will be.
![]()
Thank you - I know that I definitely would never have been in a position to receive interviews if it wasn't for the wonderful advice from you and so many others on this board. THANK YOU!
School Name: University of Maryland, College Park
Degree: Clinical Psychology PhD
Date Invite Received: 1/6 request for pre-interview
How Notified: Email from POI
Interview Dates: Onsite interview is 2/9
Degree: Clinical Psychology PhD
Date Invite Received: 1/6 request for pre-interview
How Notified: Email from POI
Interview Dates: Onsite interview is 2/9
anyone hear back from ui chicago yet?
thanks!! 🙂
Also waiting to hear from UIC. Nothing yet.
Also waiting to hear from UIC. Nothing yet.
Same here!
5
517551
Has anyone heard from U Louisville yet for clinical psych?
Thanks! 😕
Thanks! 😕
Hi! I also applied to the PhD Program at UH and saw the same thing. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one concerned! Please let me know if you find out anything!I saw on Gradcafe that someone got a pre-interview phone call with their POI from University of Houston. Did anyone else get this? Do you know if this is mandatory before receiving an actual interview invite?
School name: Penn State University
Degree: Clinical Psychology Phd
Type: Clinical
Date Interview Invite Received: Jan 4
How were you notified: Call from POI
Interview dates: Feb 1 or 2, with social events night before
Do you know if this was for the child or adult track?
Agreed. Has anyone else heard from Feinberg? It looks like in previous years they've extended invites over a few days. Crossing my fingers still!I saw that on gradcafe, someone posted they had an phone interview/invite for Northwestern Feinberg today? Has anyone received anything similar, or have received any interview invites?
Edit: nvm, I see that this is posted on page 1.
Good luck to the people who got the invite!
What were the details surrounding the U Vermont invite? Why are no dates listed?
I always post all the information people send me via PM. In this case the person didn't share the interview date, so hopefully someone else will post it soon.
Agreed. Has anyone else heard from Feinberg? It looks like in previous years they've extended invites over a few days. Crossing my fingers still!
I also got an invite from them on 1/4. It seemed like they might have separate interview days for each research emphasis. I was invited for the Clinical Neuropsychology and Behavioral Neuroscience Emphasis on Feb 15th. Maybe other emphasis invites are going out later?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for the info. I didn't apply to those emphases, so there's still hope!I also got an invite from them on 1/4. It seemed like they might have separate interview days for each research emphasis. I was invited for the Clinical Neuropsychology and Behavioral Neuroscience Emphasis on Feb 15th. Maybe other emphasis invites are going out later?
.
Last edited:
I saw on Grad Cafe someone got an email from Purdue from a PI for a phone. Anyone else hear from Purdue?
I haven't heard anything yet. West Lafayette right?
.
Last edited:
.
Last edited:
.
What were the details surrounding the U Vermont invite? Why are no dates listed?
On the UVM website it says faculty will interview prospective clinical and general/experimental graduate students on February 8, 2013
http://www.uvm.edu/~psych/graduate/?Page=clinical/clinical_overview.html&SM=clinicalsubmenu.html
I also I got an email from POI (received it 1/7) inviting me for a Skype interview 1/9
Hope this helps!
I see on Grad Cafe someone got an invite back on 12/13 from Yeshiva's PsyD, but it says School-Clinical. I applied to clinical. Anyone else hear from them?
I also got an invite from them on 1/4. It seemed like they might have separate interview days for each research emphasis. I was invited for the Clinical Neuropsychology and Behavioral Neuroscience Emphasis on Feb 15th. Maybe other emphasis invites are going out later?
🙁 I applied to the exact same concentrations and haven't heard anything back so I assume this a rejection. Nevertheless, congratulations on the interview, and best of luck to you!
Thanks for the info. I didn't apply to those emphases, so there's still hope!
I saw on gradcafe that someone received an invite yesterday for a different interview date. Not sure what emphasis that was for but I would still hold out for a couple more days!
....
Last edited:
.
Last edited:
On the UVM website it says faculty will interview prospective clinical and general/experimental graduate students on February 8, 2013
http://www.uvm.edu/~psych/graduate/?Page=clinical/clinical_overview.html&SM=clinicalsubmenu.html
I also I got an email from POI (received it 1/7) inviting me for a Skype interview 1/9
Hope this helps!
Thanks! If I don't hear receive any emails in the next few days I will chalk it up as a rejection. Good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! Was wondering if anyone has heard from any of the CUNY's? Thanks, and good luck everyone!
Not yet! From previous years' threads, it seems they should be notifying this week or next week. Good luck to you as well!
YES!!!!!
School Name: Indiana University
Degree Type: PhD
Track: Counseling Psychology
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/8
How were you notified: Email
Who notified you: program director
Interview Date: 2/15/2013 or 2/21/13 (in person)
–i needed this today! Wishing all the same level of excitement! One step closer! Cheers, and best of luck!
School Name: Indiana University
Degree Type: PhD
Track: Counseling Psychology
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/8
How were you notified: Email
Who notified you: program director
Interview Date: 2/15/2013 or 2/21/13 (in person)
–i needed this today! Wishing all the same level of excitement! One step closer! Cheers, and best of luck!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 12
- Views
- 4K

