-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012 - 2013 Official Psychology PhD/PsyD Interview Invite thread
Started by Marissa4usa
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm in the same boat as you. No rejection email or status on the website, but no interview either (although it might be safe to assume a rejection if interviews are next week...)
Has anyone heard from the Behavioral Med track at Feinberg?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
School Name: University of Arizona
Program: Clinical Psychology PhD
Interview Date: feb. 15th
How were you notified: email from POI
Program: Clinical Psychology PhD
Interview Date: feb. 15th
How were you notified: email from POI
I know this school is already listed, but since it's 3 days after the first posting I thought it might be useful for those still waiting to hear from them. I just had an email from a POI then telephone call pre-interview today. They are narrowing the search for those to invite to the in-person interview in late Feb.
Anyone else waiting on Loyola Maryland PsyD? I saw that a few folks had heard on gradcafe...
I'm right there with ya!
Anyone else waiting on Loyola Maryland PsyD? I saw that a few folks had heard on gradcafe...
I'm waiting too...
Already posted, but also received an invitation in the mail for interview weekend. Perhaps people who are still waiting will receive something via post soon!
5
517551
.
5
517551
I'm in the same boat as you. No rejection email or status on the website, but no interview either (although it might be safe to assume a rejection if interviews are next week...)
I'm also in the same boat as you. We may be on the waiting list.. I'm just trying to remain optimistic 😉
Does anyone know if people get e-mails/phone calls from POIs on weekends? I'm always keeping my phone close to me now haha!
What POI did you apply to at NEbraska-Lincoln
School Name: University of Nebraska- Lincoln
Clinical Psychology
Date Interview Invite Received: 01/11
How were you notified: phone call
Who notified you: POI
Interview Date: in person interview and social events February 8-10
What POI did you apply to?
For those of you waiting on the following schools, I'm right there with you:
Yale Univ
Drexel Univ
CUNY @ John Jay
Fordham Univ
Rutgers Univ
St. Johns Univ
George Mason Univ
Long Island Univ
If you hear anything from any of them, please post & ill do the same! Glad to know at least losing my mind is relatively normal. Cant wait until this is over so I can have a decent's night sleep!
We've applied to a lot of the same schools--good luck!

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
.
Last edited:
Something weird happened to me about a week ago, Friday 1/4. I missed a call from the number (215)204-9999. I looked up the area code, and it is from Temple U, which is one of my top choices. They didn't leave a voicemail, I received no email from them, and now it has been over a week. I tried the number back and it said it's not in service. When I googled that number, it said it's a general number that shows up on caller ID when someone from Temple's campus calls...
I've been trying to just forget about it because if it was something important I'm sure they would have gotten in touch with me some other way. I still think it's weird, though...and I'm wondering if anyone else applying to Temple has had any calls or missed calls from that number. I see some interview invites have been extended on TGC...
😕
I've been trying to just forget about it because if it was something important I'm sure they would have gotten in touch with me some other way. I still think it's weird, though...and I'm wondering if anyone else applying to Temple has had any calls or missed calls from that number. I see some interview invites have been extended on TGC...
😕
Something weird happened to me about a week ago, Friday 1/4. I missed a call from the number (215)204-9999. I looked up the area code, and it is from Temple U, which is one of my top choices. They didn't leave a voicemail, I received no email from them, and now it has been over a week. I tried the number back and it said it's not in service. When I googled that number, it said it's a general number that shows up on caller ID when someone from Temple's campus calls...
I've been trying to just forget about it because if it was something important I'm sure they would have gotten in touch with me some other way. I still think it's weird, though...and I'm wondering if anyone else applying to Temple has had any calls or missed calls from that number. I see some interview invites have been extended on TGC...
😕
Have you tried contacting admissions in general? Tell them you got a missed call from that number at Temple and would like to know whether you were invited for an interview since there weren't any voicemails. Also, check your voicemail inbox, make sure it's not full and that it's working.
School Name: George Washington University
Degree: PhD
Type: Clinical
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/11/13
How were you notified: e-mail
Who notified you: Program Director
Interview Date: 2/1 or 2/4
Degree: PhD
Type: Clinical
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/11/13
How were you notified: e-mail
Who notified you: Program Director
Interview Date: 2/1 or 2/4
Do you have an awful voicemail message? That's really the only thing I could think of... I've heard of employers and POIs rejecting people when they call and get inappropriate/immature voicemail messages. Maybe next week just call their admissions office and ask about your status?
Haha that's actually an interesting thought, but no, I've never had a weird voicemail recording. And I actually just changed it in mid-December to make sure it was professional and all that.
Also, my voicemail inbox wasn't full and it's working just fine. Who knows, maybe they called the wrong number. OR maybe something seemingly innocuous in my voicemail recording just turned them off, haha. I'll probably contact the admissions office next week...knowing something will be better than sitting here wondering what the heck is going on.
I applied to Timothy Nelson!What POI did you apply to?
Something weird happened to me about a week ago, Friday 1/4. I missed a call from the number (215)204-9999. I looked up the area code, and it is from Temple U, which is one of my top choices. They didn't leave a voicemail, I received no email from them, and now it has been over a week. I tried the number back and it said it's not in service. When I googled that number, it said it's a general number that shows up on caller ID when someone from Temple's campus calls...
I've been trying to just forget about it because if it was something important I'm sure they would have gotten in touch with me some other way. I still think it's weird, though...and I'm wondering if anyone else applying to Temple has had any calls or missed calls from that number. I see some interview invites have been extended on TGC...
😕
I got a call from that number when a psychology admin person called to tell me she had updated my info on TUPortal. However, she was returning a call I had made AND she left a voicemail. The number I called back was (215) 204-7667.
5
521808
I'm not applying to the same schools, but I'm kind of in the same boat...I feel like so much bad news is coming my way on Monday! 🙁 Has anyone heard from UPenn or Temple yet?
I got a call from my POI at Penn on Friday. He said he was gauging my interest in the program in order to be able to make a recommendation to the admissions committee for an interview. I think we'll hear from them some time next week?
Hey all,
Northwestern (Feinberg Med School), Clinical Psychology PhD
Invite via both email and phone from DCT on 1/4
Interview date is 2/15
University of Hawai'i at Manoa, Clinical Psychology PhD
Invite via email from POI on 1/12
They are not requiring in-person interviews, so phone interviews will be scheduled in the next few weeks.
good luck to everyone 🙂
Northwestern (Feinberg Med School), Clinical Psychology PhD
Invite via both email and phone from DCT on 1/4
Interview date is 2/15
University of Hawai'i at Manoa, Clinical Psychology PhD
Invite via email from POI on 1/12
They are not requiring in-person interviews, so phone interviews will be scheduled in the next few weeks.
good luck to everyone 🙂
Where on the TUPortal did you find this??? I've combed the whole website and still am somehow missing it...oops!I got a call from that number when a psychology admin person called to tell me she had updated my info on TUPortal. However, she was returning a call I had made AND she left a voicemail. The number I called back was (215) 204-7667.
Where on the TUPortal did you find this??? I've combed the whole website and still am somehow missing it...oops!
It wasn't in the portal, she gave me the number in her voicemail.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hope it's only one POI! I applied there but haven't heard anything yet. The website says they will notify everyone who got an interview on the 25th.It seems that a few people on grad cafe received invites from unc chapel hill. Anyone on here get one? Do you think maybe its just been one POI who's made contact so far?
Some PIs have contacted their short list of applicants but the official notification day is still the 25th.It seems that a few people on grad cafe received invites from unc chapel hill. Anyone on here get one? Do you think maybe its just been one POI who's made contact so far?
I got an email invite on Friday. The website says that we'd hear by 1/25 so there's still time!It seems that a few people on grad cafe received invites from unc chapel hill. Anyone on here get one? Do you think maybe its just been one POI who's made contact so far?
I got an email from my POI last night at UNC inviting me for an interview and he told me that they had just received the go-ahead to contact their candidates. I bet a lot of people will be contacting their prospective students on Monday but they have a while before the deadline so don't lose hope!It seems that a few people on grad cafe received invites from unc chapel hill. Anyone on here get one? Do you think maybe its just been one POI who's made contact so far?
Last edited:
I got an email from my POI last night at UNC inviting me for an interview and he told me that they had just received the go-ahead to contact their candidates. I bet a lot of people will be contacting their prospective students on Monday but they have a while before the deadline so don't lose hope!
did you have a phone interview before you received your invite for the in-person interview?
did you have a phone interview before you received your invite for the in-person interview?
I didn't have a phone interview but I have noticed that several other people did- my best guess is that it is up to each POI if they want to do them or not? Hope that helps!
I didn't have a phone interview but I have noticed that several other people did- my best guess is that it is up to each POI if they want to do them or not? Hope that helps!
Thanks!!! That gives me hope 🙂
I know this would be an amazing problem to have...but has anyone else noticed that UCLA's and UNC's interviews are on the same days. What would you all suggest doing if that problem does arise?
I know this would be an amazing problem to have...but has anyone else noticed that UCLA's and UNC's interviews are on the same days. What would you all suggest doing if that problem does arise?
They say online you can interview via Skype if you can't make it.
Edit: by "they" I mean UCLA.
That is my plan if this occurs.
They say online you can interview via Skype if you can't make it.
Edit: by "they" I mean UCLA.
That is my plan if this occurs.
Thanks! I hadn't seen the skype option... but do you think interviewing on skype may affect the chances of getting in? I'm worried that they may view the candidate as less enthusiastic.
Thanks! I hadn't seen the skype options... but do you think interviewing on skype may affect the chances of getting in? I'm worried that they may view the candidate as less enthusiastic.
I'm applying to both of those schools and I think that you could, in theory, attend both interviews but you would have to miss some of the social events at one or the other (or both) since UNC is from the 7th-8th (including social stuff) and UCLA is 7th-9th, but without more details about UCLA's interview schedule its hard to say. However, I'm sure they are aware that they have overlapping dates and being two top schools they will probably have overlapping candidates too so it would be unfair for them to punish you for having to do a skype interview. That said, I would decide which one is your top choice and go to that interview in person so that you can get a better feel for the school/program/lab members to help you make a decision if you get multiple offers. Sorry that was so long-winded and hopefully this is a problem you get to have!
Thanks! I hadn't seen the skype option... but do you think interviewing on skype may affect the chances of getting in? I'm worried that they may view the candidate as less enthusiastic.
I really can't say whether that'll affect our chances, since I'm an applicant myself. I actually already have 2 interviews that weekend and have already booked my tickets and hotels for them. Considering UCLA didn't send out their invites until late January the last 2 years, I would hope they don't dock points for candidates who already have other travel plans. It's not even a matter of which one is my top choice, it's more of a matter of having made a commitment, and even if UCLA (or any other school, for that matter) was my #1, I'd still need to keep my commitment to an interview invite made weeks earlier.
BTW: Why is Feb. 8-9 so popular? There are plenty of other days in February, yet most schools seem to interview on that weekend.
Hello!
I was a bit of a silent member last year when I went through the rounds of applications and I'm doing it all over again; upping my school list to a more realistic number. This week, I imagine a lot of schools are going to be sending out invites and just wanted to wish everyone good luck!
Has anyone heard back from either of these schools for counseling psychology?
Boston College
U of Denver
U of Oregon
U of Utah
U of Memphis
Southern Illinois University
...anxiety levels are running high already, and I'm trying to maintain self-care activities, haha 🙂
I was a bit of a silent member last year when I went through the rounds of applications and I'm doing it all over again; upping my school list to a more realistic number. This week, I imagine a lot of schools are going to be sending out invites and just wanted to wish everyone good luck!
Has anyone heard back from either of these schools for counseling psychology?
Boston College
U of Denver
U of Oregon
U of Utah
U of Memphis
Southern Illinois University
...anxiety levels are running high already, and I'm trying to maintain self-care activities, haha 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello!
I was a bit of a silent member last year when I went through the rounds of applications and I'm doing it all over again; upping my school list to a more realistic number. This week, I imagine a lot of schools are going to be sending out invites and just wanted to wish everyone good luck!
Has anyone heard back from either of these schools for counseling psychology?
Boston College
U of Denver
U of Oregon
U of Utah
U of Memphis
Southern Illinois University
...anxiety levels are running high already, and I'm trying to maintain self-care activities, haha 🙂
I applied to Boston and Oregon and haven't heard anything yet. Good luck!
.
Last edited:
Hey Guys,
Drexel, Clinical Psychology PhD
Invite via phone on 1/11/13
Interview date is 2/11 or 2/15.
Still waiting on Clinical Psych, PhD at:
UPenn
Rutgers
Fordham
Columbia
Boston U
Please let me know if you hear anything!
Good luck to everyone! You should all be so proud of yourselves for beasting this process. It's killer, and it says something that you persevered this far.
🙂
Drexel, Clinical Psychology PhD
Invite via phone on 1/11/13
Interview date is 2/11 or 2/15.
Still waiting on Clinical Psych, PhD at:
UPenn
Rutgers
Fordham
Columbia
Boston U
Please let me know if you hear anything!
Good luck to everyone! You should all be so proud of yourselves for beasting this process. It's killer, and it says something that you persevered this far.
🙂
I'm still waiting on
Rutgers
Catholic U of A
Fordham
Temple
Columbia TC
University of Miami
Has anyone heard from these schools, I've seen some posts on grad cafe about invites for temple so I'm assuming that I'm out of luck on that one, but haven't heard of invites for interviews for the others. Just had my tonsils out this past week probably the worst time to have it because I'm sitting home recovering waiting to hear from someone, anxiety at an all time high lol
Best of luck to everyone!
Rutgers
Catholic U of A
Fordham
Temple
Columbia TC
University of Miami
Has anyone heard from these schools, I've seen some posts on grad cafe about invites for temple so I'm assuming that I'm out of luck on that one, but haven't heard of invites for interviews for the others. Just had my tonsils out this past week probably the worst time to have it because I'm sitting home recovering waiting to hear from someone, anxiety at an all time high lol
Best of luck to everyone!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 12
- Views
- 4K