-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Panic Thread
Started by punkedoutriffs
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Is it cloudy? I think the sweetness can be eliminated by filtering at some point. I'm not all that clear on the differences between rice wine and sake, if any.
If people feel a need to panic: I'm trying to decide whether to call up schools and ask about my apps - lot of schools known for making decisions quickly have been completely silent. But I'll probably just be patient. Maybe.
I've been thinking about this too but I have a feeling that they're just going to give the "we'll tell you when your app is reviewed/a decision has been made/etc." answer.
D
deleted127837
I'll figure out a reason to call 😛
It's mostly schools that don't let you check your status online that bother me. Makes me feel like my application just disappeared into the ether.
It's mostly schools that don't let you check your status online that bother me. Makes me feel like my application just disappeared into the ether.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can I just say that nobody is entitled to their own opinions.
a sudden overwhelming fear, with or without cause, that produces hysterical or irrational behavior, and that often spreads quickly through a group of persons or animals.
No one here is truly "Panicing". I for one wish to lobby for an official change in the wording of the thread title: "2012-2013 Worried applicants thread". I'm sick and tired of being labeled as hysterical or irrational.
a sudden overwhelming fear, with or without cause, that produces hysterical or irrational behavior, and that often spreads quickly through a group of persons or animals.
No one here is truly "Panicing". I for one wish to lobby for an official change in the wording of the thread title: "2012-2013 Worried applicants thread". I'm sick and tired of being labeled as hysterical or irrational.
Can I just say that nobody is entitled to their own opinions.
a sudden overwhelming fear, with or without cause, that produces hysterical or irrational behavior, and that often spreads quickly through a group of persons or animals.
No one here is truly "Panicing". I for one wish to lobby for an official change in the wording of the thread title: "2012-2013 Worried applicants thread". I'm sick and tired of being labeled as hysterical or irrational.
I'm pretty hysterical to be honest.
I'm pretty hysterical to be honest.
You srsly going to disagree with a tasty piece of bacon?
I'm pretty hysterical to be honest.
About UIC?
I feel you, Irish. I'm in a (kind of) similar situation! Keeping my fingers crossed for both of us.
👍
About UIC?
Antsy is probably a better word.
I was trying to reference The Producers, but I don't think I did a very good job. 🙂
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y6ueYqVgXg
Was just placed on the waitlist, again, at another school. This is really starting to get to me. 3 interviews attended. 2 waitlists. Silence from the third. Looks like it is going to be a long cycle.
And was rejected from another school today. Just a brutal, sucky day overall for me.
And was rejected from another school today. Just a brutal, sucky day overall for me.
Last edited:
Can I just say that nobody is entitled to their own opinions.
a sudden overwhelming fear, with or without cause, that produces hysterical or irrational behavior, and that often spreads quickly through a group of persons or animals.
No one here is truly "Panicing". I for one wish to lobby for an official change in the wording of the thread title: "2012-2013 Worried applicants thread". I'm sick and tired of being labeled as hysterical or irrational.[/quote/]
Of course you're perfectly rational. You just enjoy spending your time on an Internet forum posting on a thread called 'Panic,' and reading people's neurotic posts about getting into medical school. Nothing irrational there.
Of course you're perfectly rational. You just enjoy spending your time on an Internet forum posting on a thread called 'Panic,' and reading people's neurotic posts about getting into medical school. Nothing irrational there.
While at work, yes. 👍
Was just placed on the waitlist, again, at another school. This is really starting to get to me. 3 interviews attended. 2 waitlists. Silence from the third. Looks like it is going to be a long cycle.
And was rejected from another school today. Just a brutal, sucky day overall for me.
Been there, done that. Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago- I walked out of class to keep from crying in the middle of a lecture.
Let's just hope January brings us better news.
Been there, done that. Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago- I walked out of class to keep from crying in the middle of a lecture.
Let's just hope January brings us better news.
Same here. 3rd deferral/"on hold" decision today. I actually got two of them today, which I was not expecting. Here's to hoping we look more appealing in January!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How long do you wait to hear something before calling and seeing if your app was misplaced or something?
I think I know which school you are talking about. If you never received an email that said status complete, I would send them an email or call. If you received the complete status I would just hang on because its probably a good thing you didn't hear back today.
D
deleted127837
I think I know which school you are talking about. If you never received an email that said status complete, I would send them an email or call. If you received the complete status I would just hang on because its probably a good thing you didn't hear back today.
🙂 thank you!
that was me when I got waitlisted...... sucked it up during work and went home and cried hysterically. rofl! Rooting for Jan too!Been there, done that. Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago- I walked out of class to keep from crying in the middle of a lecture.
Let's just hope January brings us better news.
I like this thread ... I wish I had found it before. Since I'm non-trad I don't have any friends going through this same application situation. Try explaining to non premeds about med apps and they either fall asleep or don't understand at all. At least I know I'm not the only one panicking over silences, honestly I didn't think I would be in limbo for more than a month, but I see others have heard crickets as well. I did get one post-interview rejection response today, my first post interview response, but I'm still on the run for the md program so I don't feel as bad now. I did feel terrible this morning when I got the md-phd rejection and wanted to cry but I was at work and sucked it up until I got home. I was just hoping to know a bit more about my fate before the end of the year. I am planning to attend the rest of my interviews until an acceptance rolls in (hopefully) booking flights tomorrow.
D
deleted127837
I like this thread ... I wish I had found it before. Since I'm non-trad I don't have any friends going through this same application situation. Try explaining to non premeds about med apps and they either fall asleep or don't understand at all. At least I know I'm not the only one panicking over silences, honestly I didn't think I would be in limbo for more than a month, but I see others have heard crickets as well. I did get one post-interview rejection response today, my first post interview response, but I'm still on the run for the md program so I don't feel as bad now. I did feel terrible this morning when I got the md-phd rejection and wanted to cry but I was at work and sucked it up until I got home. I was just hoping to know a bit more about my fate before the end of the year. I am planning to attend the rest of my interviews until an acceptance rolls in (hopefully) booking flights tomorrow.
You got this 🙂
id just like to say that i love all of my fellow panickers. good luck to all of us, i'm feeling a better 2013.
Been there, done that. Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago- I walked out of class to keep from crying in the middle of a lecture.
Let's just hope January brings us better news.
Same here. 3rd deferral/"on hold" decision today. I actually got two of them today, which I was not expecting. Here's to hoping we look more appealing in January!
that was me when I got waitlisted...... sucked it up during work and went home and cried hysterically. rofl! Rooting for Jan too!
I feel you guys.
And, to add insult to injury, last night, I managed to take the wrong bus home from work, and ended up at a stop that was 30 minutes away from my regular stop, which is also the same stop where I parked my car. I had to page my sister to pick me up. And, today, the very long escalators at the metro stop right by my workplace were not working this morning. I had to walk the whole way up, and this was after a couple of workouts earlier in the week that had left my legs very sore.
I am hoping this is just the latest in a very elaborate joke at my expense that is just so elaborate because it is going to end with very good news.
But, on another note, a very Merry Christmas to y'all. I cannot wait for the Xmas break. COD and FIFA, here I come!
I feel you guys.
But, on another note, a very Merry Christmas to y'all. I cannot wait for the Xmas break. COD and FIFA , here I come!
👍
While at work, yes. 👍
SDN is pretty exclusively something I go on when I'm bored at work as well.
Thanks 🙂
In any case, be the people you want to spend med school with. That's all I try to do.
Back to movie watching 😀
Bearstronaut, you are good people. We tend to read the same threads and you are always a voice of reason. I would be honored to go to med school with good people like you. Good luck with things!
D
deleted127837
Bearstronaut, you are good people. We tend to read the same threads and you are always a voice of reason. I would be honored to go to med school with good people like you. Good luck with things!
I'll have to actually tell people where I end up someday 😛 but thanks, I appreciate your kind words!
It's a tough process. We're snowflakes in a momentary flame. I just want us to make it to the other side without too much trouble 🙂
D
deleted127837
Also, another Friday...
Not expecting anything for a couple weeks now, haha

Not expecting anything for a couple weeks now, haha
We're snowflakes in a momentary flame.
That's deep, bro.
the torment is too much
Whooooo!!!! Finally got some good news today. An interview invite from one school, and finally received a secondary from another school (this particular school seems to screen extensively, and a secondary means that you have a very strong chance of getting an interview invite).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Completed most secondaries mid to end of november. How screwed am I?
Completed most secondaries mid to end of november. How screwed am I?
not at all, given username
Rejected at one of my top choices post-interview... felt I had no chance at getting into a US school....UNTIL I GOT ANOTHER INTERVIEW AT A TOP 20 SCHOOL TODAY!!!
I thought they were totally trolling, but then I went on my account and it was for real! So my third II this cycle, not bad for a 3.5/31!
Time to go buy myself a nice suit 🙂
I thought they were totally trolling, but then I went on my account and it was for real! So my third II this cycle, not bad for a 3.5/31!
Time to go buy myself a nice suit 🙂
Last edited:
Rejected at one of my top choices post-interview... felt I had no chance at getting into a US school....UNTIL I GOT ANOTHER INTERVIEW AT A TOP 20 SCHOOL!!!
I thought they were totally trolling, but then I went on my account and it was for real! So my third II this cycle, not bad for a 3.5/31!
congrats! good luck and rock this interview 🙂
Rejected at one of my top choices post-interview... felt I had no chance at getting into a US school....UNTIL I GOT ANOTHER INTERVIEW AT A TOP 20 SCHOOL!!!
I thought they were totally trolling, but then I went on my account and it was for real! So my third II this cycle, not bad for a 3.5/31!
Congrats! Good luck and go buy yourself a proper suit 😉
that's deep, bro.
+1
That moment where all your friends are sitting on acceptances and you feel like the kid at the party that doesn't know anyone, so you sit in the corner and obsessively check your smartphone and hope nobody notices
Completed most secondaries mid to end of november. How screwed am I?
Please respond
D
deleted127837
Please respond
You're at a significant disadvantage. If your stats are on the lower end, you may be competing for waitlist spots.
Just got an acceptance today.
Don't know if I think sending it out on THE last day of the semester was a nice dramatic touch or just 24 hours more pain and worry than needed.
Loving the end of this epoch, and ready to usher a new one in.
Happy winter solstice!
Don't know if I think sending it out on THE last day of the semester was a nice dramatic touch or just 24 hours more pain and worry than needed.
Loving the end of this epoch, and ready to usher a new one in.
Happy winter solstice!
Just got an acceptance today.
Don't know if I think sending it out on THE last day of the semester was a nice dramatic touch or just 24 hours more pain and worry than needed.
Loving the end of this epoch, and ready to usher a new one in.
Happy winter solstice!
Congrats!! At least you get to relax and enjoy your holidays. My acceptance and interview invite on the same day was a super dramatic end of my work week.
Feeling so dejected. I've definitely let this process wear me down. Fa la la la la la la la la 🙁
im there with u bro. lowest ive felt this whole process i think.
thats why im excited for 2013, new year = new luck (i certainly hope).

Anyone else having dreams/nightmares about interviews/decisions? 😛
Me!

A couple of days ago, I dreamed that I was at an interview. And several weeks ago I received an interview invite in my dream... so sad when I woke up.
im there with u bro. lowest ive felt this whole process i think.
thats why im excited for 2013, new year = new luck (i certainly hope).![]()
It'll be okay! By the middle of 2013, most of the people on this thread will be accepted to med school and the others will be armed with new knowledge, experience, and hopefully a stronger application.
That said, I'm really hoping that I'll be one of those who make it into a med school 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bump for future reference.
Is it bad that I can't wait for the holiday season to be over so that admissions offices can start sending out II's again?
D
deleted329605
Is it bad that I can't wait for the holiday season to be over so that admissions offices can start sending out II's again?
I know that feel.
Is it bad that I can't wait for the holiday season to be over so that admissions offices can start sending out II's again?
Totally agree, and for me this year my best present was also my worst. A thoughtful person in my life got me the perfect stethoscope. I'm terrified about the fact that I have yet to get an acceptance, so what do I tell this person in the spring if I have no good news?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 89
- Views
- 13K
- Replies
- 30
- Views
- 7K