2012-2013 Texas A&M Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Submitted II 6/01, TMDSAS a week before that. Under review today finally!

Members don't see this ad.

Submitted II 6/01, TMDSAS a week before that. Under review today finally!

Same here
beerchug.gif

2 days ago i got an email from TMDSAS saying my app was transmitted. is that the same thing as verified? cause on the status page of TMDSAS, it says that everything is transmitted to a school, but i sent in my A&M secondary just now. I don't know if I jumped the gun since my app dind't say verified. Could anyone clear this up?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone having any issues with the BAMF site not loading completely? I have to keep hitting refresh and clicking around, and then some of it will load, but not all of it.

I've tried Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome. Same problem with each of them.

2 days ago i got an email from TMDSAS saying my app was transmitted. is that the same thing as verified? cause on the status page of TMDSAS, it says that everything is transmitted to a school, but i sent in my A&M secondary just now. I don't know if I jumped the gun since my app dind't say verified. Could anyone clear this up?

transmitted is the same as verified

Should we send in the secondary application only once our TMDSAS application has been transmitted?

I think u can do it as soon as the primary has been filled. U don't need to wait til it is transmitted.

Sent with SDN mobile. Excuse brevity and misspellings.

Should we send in the secondary application only once our TMDSAS application has been transmitted?

I would say send the secondary in asap, they may not review it until the primary is transmitted but better that it is already there in my opinion.

Hey guys, has anyone received a confirmation email or anything from A&M? Also I heard a rumor that that the school favors A&M students...lol does that mean that as a longhorn I have no chance? Thanks!

Hey guys, has anyone received a confirmation email or anything from A&M? Also I heard a rumor that that the school favors A&M students...lol does that mean that as a longhorn I have no chance? Thanks!

Check your TAMU BAMF account to see what your application status is and what correspondance they have received will be marked "true"

Also I heard a rumor that that the school favors A&M students...lol does that mean that as a longhorn I have no chance? Thanks!

I don't think this is true. But I do believe that many A&M students favor A&M over other schools, which is why you might find more A&M students that are accepted to multiple schools choosing to go to A&M instead of the others.

I'm an Aggie and would most definitely choose to attend A&M over pretty much any other school. I can tell you that the honor code mentioned on the secondary application is more than just lip service within the A&M system, and would love to continue my education in that environment.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm an Aggie and would most definitely choose to attend A&M over pretty much any other school. I can tell you that the honor code mentioned on the secondary application is more than just lip service within the A&M system, and would love to continue my education in that environment.

Seconded. Definitely one of my top choices. :thumbup:

Good luck to you getting in! :luck:

I don't think this is true. But I do believe that many A&M students favor A&M over other schools, which is why you might find more A&M students that are accepted to multiple schools choosing to go to A&M instead of the others.

I see, thanks a lot for that bigtruckguy, good to know that I still have a chance :)

So... I just checked BAMF and it showed that I have a pending interview!!!! It gave me the option for an interview on 8/9, but it gave me the options to change the date if I needed.

I never got an email however, anybody else in my boat?

So... I just checked BAMF and it showed that I have a pending interview!!!! It gave me the option for an interview on 8/9, but it gave me the options to change the date if I needed.

Well it's about time to see some movement.
I never got an email either, but didn't receive an invitation.

Congrats to you. You mind giving your stats (again...). Thx and good luck.

Me too! just checked BAMF.

It says "You are scheduled for: 2012-08-09"

should I wait for an email to RSVP?

Me too! just checked BAMF.

It says "You are scheduled for: 2012-08-09"

should I wait for an email to RSVP?

Yeah, I'm not sure... checking last year's thread and people were able to see if they interviewed at College Station or Temple as well as the actual time of interview. I would like to know because I have an interview on 8/10 at UTMB and I'm not sure if I can double up like that... although they're only 2 hours apart from each other. What ya'll think?

Stats: 31S 3.94 in-state

not sure if I can double up like that... although they're only 2 hours apart from each other. What ya'll think?

Personnally I wouldn't
1) You will not focus on the first school and think about the second one.
2) You never know what can go wrong.

Just allow some time between the two. Better safe than sorry.

Yeah, I'm not sure... checking last year's thread and people were able to see if they interviewed at College Station or Temple as well as the actual time of interview. I would like to know because I have an interview on 8/10 at UTMB and I'm not sure if I can double up like that... although they're only 2 hours apart from each other. What ya'll think?

Stats: 31S 3.94 in-state

I will wait until tomorrow, maybe they will send an email. If not I can call them tomorrow. 8/9 is my birthday, so I will rather interview on another day. They give you other dates to pick from too. But I am very excited :)

Personnally I wouldn't
1) You will not focus on the first school and think about the second one.
2) You never know what can go wrong.

Just allow some time between the two. Better safe than sorry.

That is what I was thinking as well... hmmmmmm

I went to check my status and I too have an interview for 8/9. Thanks to those who posted this info!! I never would have thought to check. I wonder when they will email us.

Do they email you or just change the status on the BAMF website?

Do they email you or just change the status on the BAMF website?

I'm still not sure, haven't received email today still but the BAMF status was changed yesterday. Within the BAMF status they indicate that we must respond to the RSVP as soon as we get the "email" but I never got an email.

Checked BAMF, got an interview also... Woooo

I'm a little worried. My status on BAMF as been "pending" almost immediately after I transmitted (May 31) and has been that way ever since with all boxes checked. Do you guys think I should ask about it? Anyone else in the same boat?

I'm a little worried. My status on BAMF as been "pending" almost immediately after I transmitted (May 31) and has been that way ever since with all boxes checked. Do you guys think I should ask about it? Anyone else in the same boat?

Same here. I'm going to call them this afternoon to make sure everything is alright.

Guys when you log into BAMF, you should see "RSVP" under "Outstanding Items". When I checked the first time today, I just scanned the screen for "interview" and since I didn't see anything I assumed, I didn't get an interview, however, I checked again for the hell of it, and I saw an "RSVP" for interview on 8/9/12. LOL :)

I am considering doubling up, might as well do it ASAP.!

So far I have interviews from A&M and UTMB, no luck at any of the tech schools, and I haven't heard anything from anything from UTSA.

Just talked to admissions and they said that it's ok if your app says "pending" They are reviewing lots of apps now and likely just haven't gotten to yours yet.

Called admissions today... told me that there is an email associated with an interview invite and we should be getting the emails soon.

Quick question: when did you submit their secondary?

Called admissions today... told me that there is an email associated with an interview invite and we should be getting the emails soon.

Let us know when you receive this email. I am curious if this is a rolling process or if they are doing it in large clumps.

I submitted my sec on 7/4/12. After I submitted my sec, I called the admissions office to see if maybe they have started reviewing apps. The person I called said that they haven't. She said that they were going to start soon, so I guess I got my sec in before they had started with the review process.

I looked on US News about A&M's admissions statistics, apparently 31 percent of in-state students get interviews, out of those who do get interviews, 71 percent get accepted.

So far I have interviews from A&M and UTMB, no luck at any of the tech schools, and I haven't heard anything from anything from UTSA.

I am a bit in a similar situation. Interviews from UTMB and Texas Tech Lubboch, but nothing from TCOM, UTSA or Texas A&M.
Each school values qualities differently. Perhaps more interviews are on the way. Who knows.

Congrats to future interviewee and good luck.

^ Don't worry about it man, i remember some of your other posts on some of the other texas threads, you have great numbers, a&m probably hasn't gotten to your application yet

71 percent get accepted.
The MSAR gives complete stats for 2010-2011 regarding IS only
Applied: 2,608
Interviewed:723
Matriculated: 136

Usually the number of acceptance is twice the number of matriculants So I am assuming that bout 270 (say 300) acceptances were sent out.

So I don't see how you can get 71%. It seems very high to me...

But again, no expert here.

^ I got my info from US News 2012 edition (online edition).

A&M reported to US News that it gets

2217 In-State Applicants
698 are interviewed (In-state)
501 are accepted (In-state)
192 are enrolled (In-state)

Its weird how there is a discrepancy in terms of number of enrolled and applicants between US News and MSAR. Guess no way to know for sure.

^ I got my info from US News 2012 edition (online edition).

A&M reported to US News that it gets

2217 In-State Applicants
698 are interviewed (In-state)
501 are accepted (In-state)
192 are enrolled (In-state)

Its weird how there is a discrepancy in terms of number of enrolled and applicants between US News and MSAR. Guess no way to know for sure.

Oh yeah, quite a difference there. As you say, stats are just stats. My numbers are from 2010-2012 though and perhaps the first year class grew in size substantially (given the latest numbers).
Well if it is 71% then I can only pray to get an interview there.

^ Don't worry about it man, i remember some of your other posts on some of the other texas threads, you have great numbers, a&m probably hasn't gotten to your application yet

Thanks for the kind words. What surprises me is that I submitted very early like transmitted to schools May 15 and was among the first to get a "under review". Aside from the fact that I am a non-trad, there is always the issue of my pre-requesites in the US that 1) are not complete and 2) are from Community Colleges.

Well there are good things and bad things. Some schools will like it, others will hate it. 2 interviews is good. It could be better, it could be worse. But I was really hoping to get a TCOM invite. I am baffled that I didn't. Being in Dallas, it would have been an easy trip!

Well I cannot always be lucky. So we'll pray.:xf::xf::xf:

MSAR is referring to matriculation, not acceptances, so there is your discrepancy.

US News is better for acceptance stats. MSAR, while helpful, can be a little misleading regarding stats

Alright well I still have not received any email from them, but I checked BAMF again today and they switched my interview date to 8/16. However this date was not listed on the drop down list! I specifically marked 8/18 because I have another interview on 8/16. I requested 8/18 again, but I'll give them a call tomorrow if it changes on me.

Alright well I still have not received any email from them, but I checked BAMF again today and they switched my interview date to 8/16. However this date was not listed on the drop down list! I specifically marked 8/18 because I have another interview on 8/16. I requested 8/18 again, but I'll give them a call tomorrow if it changes on me.

For the future interviewee, did you get your email yet? It's kind of weird for them to change the date like that.

A&M changed my date to 2 days earlier too. No email still.

When I called the admissions office today, they were surprised that I haven't received an email yet. They said that they haven't gotten any phone calls about applicants not receiving an email either. I got someone to look into the matter and give me a call back tomm morning.

I just got an email with the interview invite.

Interview invite through e-mail! I checked BAMF last night and still did not see anything. Apparently the interview invite has been there for a while, and I just did not know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.