2012-2013 Texas A&M Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got an email with the interview invite.

Yeah but the email does not give any information on the interview it just directs people to BAMF. (unless we didn't get the same email).

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah but the email does not give any information on the interview it just directs people to BAMF. (unless we didn't get the same email).

I communicated with Admissions over email, and it appears the system has been messing up. Those dates were from 2010 according to them. I went back to BAMF today and they did indeed change the dates back to every Thursday on the week as it should have been.

I told her that I would like to interview for August 9th since the 16th I had an interview with Foster, and she confirmed with me that the location would be in Bryan.

I find it funny that I got the email and I have RSVP'd for the 16th, however my status remains "Under Review" lol..

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they offer student hosts? And I still have no idea where my interview would be at. Slightly confused now...

Do they offer student hosts? And I still have no idea where my interview would be at. Slightly confused now...
Well if it's too much, I can take this interview off of your hands...:) Good luck man. You will be just fine.

Just received interview packet email. Contained location, times, parking details, and student host information

Does anyone know how much choice students are given in deciding what location they will study in?

Does anyone know how much choice students are given in deciding what location they will study in?

I asked an adcom during my time at TAMU in one of those career conference. I believed they will tell you along with the acceptance. I don't think applicants have a choice over location since everyone would want to stay in College Station.
Any current students know what 3rd and 4th year is like? As a former Aggie I am really interested in the COM but I have heard bad things about preceptorships. (n=1 tho)

I asked an adcom during my time at TAMU in one of those career conference. I believed they will tell you along with the acceptance. I don't think applicants have a choice over location since everyone would want to stay in College Station.
Any current students know what 3rd and 4th year is like? As a former Aggie I am really interested in the COM but I have heard bad things about preceptorships. (n=1 tho)

Former Aggie?

And quite a few people actually don't want to stay in College Station all four years. Many people like to do 2 years in Temple because of the resources of Scott & White out there - great place to get a lot of exposure and make connections for residency. Also, some of the older non-traditional students with no ties to A&M as an undergrad tend to prefer the quieter environment, and lower cost of living, of Temple. I think after your acceptance you submit your request, and they do their best to fit you where you want to be.

Last edited:

Non trad here, I would definitely prefer to do 2 years in Temple and then 2 in CS. I dont need to be in close proximity to North Gate if I'm trying to study.

former Aggie
Did you transfer or go to Utah St?

On average, how long do you guys stay for "under review" before getting interview invites?

I just got on that status today!

Members don't see this ad :)
On average, how long do you guys stay for "under review" before getting interview invites?

I have been under review for over 2 weeks I believe, and still counting. No invite my way. So it all depends on your app and how well you look to the adcom. But at least that shows some progress...

Good luck

I received an interview invite, but my app still says "under review".

I got the interview packet today. Excited for this interview. My interview is at temple.

Even if you get an interview your status will be under review. You should see an interview rsvp on outstanding items.

Interview invite today! Just switched to "under review" yesterday. Going for August 9th

Interview invite today! Just switched to "under review" yesterday. Going for August 9th

Wow, that was quick! Congrats :) When was your secondary completed? Mine's still "pending"

Wow, that was quick! Congrats :) When was your secondary completed? Mine's still "pending"

Thanks :) I was complete for TMDSAS on 6/28 and then submitted the secondary on 7/5. Mine said "pending" for forever as well! I even called them, but they told me not to worry as there were still lots of apps that hadn't yet been pulled for review. I bet yours will come soon!

Thanks :) I was complete for TMDSAS on 6/28 and then submitted the secondary on 7/5. Mine said "pending" for forever as well! I even called them, but they told me not to worry as there were still lots of apps that hadn't yet been pulled for review. I bet yours will come soon!

Okay, cool! Thanks for the info! I didn't submit my secondary until 7/12 so it looks like I still have some waiting to do

is everyone interviewing doing the primary care track? someone said they get interviewed first but I wasn't sure if that was confirmed or not.

I just submitted my secondary today. However under the status check part it says they don't have my primary or mcat scores even though my tmdsas has been in since June. Has anyone else had this happen? I figured it would take a few days to register my secondary and payment but I figured they would have my other stuff.

Can someone explain this whole "Temple" vs "College station" thing? I don't think I'm fully understanding the situation between how the locations play a relevance to the process of applying. Or is there something that I could read on the site that could clear this up?

Can someone explain this whole "Temple" vs "College station" thing? I don't think I'm fully understanding the situation between how the locations play a relevance to the process of applying. Or is there something that I could read on the site that could clear this up?

TAMHSC has two campuses. You can do 2 years at one, 2 years at the other, or all 4 at one or the other. It doesn't factor into how you apply for the school, but following acceptance you have to submit your preference as to where you want to be. You may be invited to an interview at either campus. Each campus has its advantages and disadvantages.

TAMHSC has two campuses. You can do 2 years at one, 2 years at the other, or all 4 at one or the other. It doesn't factor into how you apply for the school, but following acceptance you have to submit your preference as to where you want to be. You may be invited to an interview at either campus. Each campus has its advantages and disadvantages.

Ok thanks for clearing that up for me! I hope I get invited to the CS location. It would be nice to visit my friends, plus way it's closer to me. Anyways, best of luck to everyone else in the thread!

For those that are getting interview invites, what were your stats (mainly GPA/MCAT)?

Any OOSers get interview invites? I'm really hoping to get an invite here and starting to get worried... I'm a CA resident but with A&M ties...

Any OOSers get interview invites? I'm really hoping to get an invite here and starting to get worried... I'm a CA resident but with A&M ties...

OOS, I have interviews at 4 other Texas schools, but still "Under Review" here

did anyone RSVP and pick a different date for an interview? if you did, did you receive an email confirmation confirming the new date?

about 3 weeks since I sent in my secondary. No response =(

Good luck to everyone interviewing on 8/9. This is my very first medical school interview of my first application cycle, and hopefully last application cycle, so I hope it goes well.

I am OOS and I've applied to other Texas schools, but I've forgotten to do this secondary. Is it too late to submit the secondary since interviews are going out already? Stats: >3.7 >34

I am OOS and I've applied to other Texas schools, but I've forgotten to do this secondary. Is it too late to submit the secondary since interviews are going out already? Stats: >3.7 >34
Not too late. But you better hurry.

Anyone new "under review"? It's been quiet!

Applied late on 7/16. Still Under Review.

So any feedback from those who interviewed this past thursday?

I had two really nice interviewers. At first they asked simple questions trying to get to know you. Then they asked me "harder" questions, but I didn't get any ethics questions. I got questions about my major, my values, my school, why medicine, social issues. Most of the questions were the exact same ones from the Interview Feedback site. My advice would be to read over those questions. At the end I just asked them a couple of questions about A&M.
It was my first interview, so I can't really compare. I was really nervous, but they made me feel more comfortable during the interview.

I had two really nice interviewers. At first they asked simple questions trying to get to know you. Then they asked me "harder" questions, but I didn't get any ethics questions. I got questions about my major, my values, my school, why medicine, social issues. Most of the questions were the exact same ones from the Interview Feedback site. My advice would be to read over those questions. At the end I just asked them a couple of questions about A&M.
It was my first interview, so I can't really compare. I was really nervous, but they made me feel more comfortable during the interview.

Thanks for the feedback! Good to hear they aren't all rough interviewers, a lot of the med students from the schools I've interviewed at thus far said A&M is one of the tougher ones. Guess Ill find out Thursday :xf:

This is a completely open file interview, correct?

This is a completely open file interview, correct?

Not just that, they read your application really carefully also. I remember mentioning a really small detail in my app and my interviewer was like, "yeah, I saw that in your app." They do take time to read it, and will ask you questions based on it, so make sure you go over your app before interviewing.

Eek, anyone know/hear about what's going on with the alleged shooting this afternoon? *sigh* Man, we need to reign in the crazy already.

Eek, anyone know/hear about what's going on with the alleged shooting this afternoon? *sigh* Man, we need to reign in the crazy already.

I just heard about this as well. Great that the campus was able to issue an alert and all that, but to discover how quickly it got to the students is TBA. I couldn't agree with you more, this "gunmen" stuff is getting absolutely ridiculous.

Yeah, words can't even express how ridiculous this is getting. Well, I hope everyone is okay. I heard some people were wounded.

My interviewers were great. It was extremely laid back. No question really took me by surprise. They seemed to really want to understand your motivation for pursuing a career as a physician. I think the most interesting question I got was "What are three non-medical societal trends that you find alarming?"

Overall, they wanted to sell you as much as you'd like to sell them. One of my interviewers talked a lot about the opportunities available at A&M and why she thinks it is unique.

The day overall was very structured. We toured three different facilities and listened to several presentations, including one about Army/Navy Scholarships. I found them helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.