2012-2013 Texas A&M Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats phantom....i actually graduated from A&M so hopefully they show me some love!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know how strict they are on their LoR policy?

Will be applying next cycle and I have:
1 solid LoR from my graduate advisor/professor
1 solid LoR from my PI that I did research with for 3 years

I have another LoR from my physics professor but it's mediocore. Basic Template and he just filled in my name with some unique ECs. He didn't say anything bad--but I fear it may hurt me more than it would help.

Thanks!
LaughingMan

Hi Everyone. I am new to SDN but got an II on 9/12 for 10/25. I'm excited to visit this school. Let me know if anyone has the same date. - c3.84 s3.91 32N.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any November interview invites sent out yet?

When I went into the online system to RSVP, I saw essentially 2 dates a week for November and December. I took the first available November slot - which was the 15th. This was on September 24th.

How long after turning in your secondary did y'all receive an interview? I really want to interview here!

Do this years interviews include a bus ride to temple? Thanks!

yea between college station and temple. The e-mail I got just said "Please make sure to wear or bring comfortable shoes for the tours as their will be travel by bus and lots of walking." and in the past they had a bus ride to Scott & White hospital.

yea between college station and temple. The e-mail I got just said "Please make sure to wear or bring comfortable shoes for the tours as their will be travel by bus and lots of walking." and in the past they had a bus ride to Scott & White hospital.

Don't think the past bus ride was for CS to Temple. It may have been the Temple campus to the hospital, or the CS campus to the Scott & White clinic in town (although it's not really anything special). I know they bussed folks a couple years ago to take a look at the new campus before it was finished, but that's like a 10 minute drive versus 1.5 hours to Temple.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any OOS yet?

Also an OOS, but I have been complete since July 14th and have not heard a word from this school, so I'm thinking my application has been passed over :(

I'm instate and submitted my secondary on 8/24 but I haven't heard back.

Hey guys!

I'm an M1 at TAMSHC and found this site very helpful last year so am doing my bit for Karma etc. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll do my best to answer them in a timely manner :D

PS- changed my ID to try and maintain my anonymity...:cool:

Hey guys!

I'm an M1 at TAMSHC and found this site very helpful last year so am doing my bit for Karma etc. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll do my best to answer them in a timely manner :D

PS- changed my ID to try and maintain my anonymity...:cool:
PM sent. Thanks!

Did everyone get a confirmation from A&M when their secondary was submitted? I've heard NOTHING and their admissions office never answers the phone when I call to confirm.

Did everyone get a confirmation from A&M when their secondary was submitted? I've heard NOTHING and their admissions office never answers the phone when I call to confirm.

Not when secondary was submitted, just the order confirmation when paying the fee. Hopefully we'll get II's soon! Been waiting for a month or so now! Still "pending." :/

I got a receipt type e-mail after I paid my secondary fee. Also my status on BAMF is under review, indicating that they have everything.

I got a receipt type e-mail after I paid my secondary fee. Also my status on BAMF is under review, indicating that they have everything.

Yip that's how it was for me. I would try again at the school if you are concerned though, they are super helpful and told me just the other day that they don't like keep track of who calls etc... so don't feel like you'd be bothering them :)

Why the crap? I am interviewing in like 9 hours and my email said check in was at 9:30... Double checked the packet for parking info and it says 9 am start. Whaaaat...

hmm weird mine says check in no later then 8 am

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I should've specified that I was in Temple. It was an interesting experience. I think I got to the two extremes in terms of interviewers...

I hope you did well! I happened to get the best 2 interviewers for my app possible it seemed like >_<

IS/3.3c/3.1s/33Q

Secondary transmitted: 6/11/12

Got it this morning via email. Transmitted relatively early, so schools must have been through my app at least once by now. Have had 1 other interview at Lubbock on their first interview date (9/1/12).

Been really quiet for me since then, so this is a relief. Wish it was pre-pre-match offer though!

I should've specified that I was in Temple. It was an interesting experience. I think I got to the two extremes in terms of interviewers...

Interesting how? And what do you mean by extremes? I am interviewing on October 18th.

I had the same experience in Temple, one interviewer was extremely laid back and completely conversational and the second made me feel like the police had taken me in for interrogation.

But for the most part everyone I have talked to enjoyed their interviews here, good luck to everyone who hasn't gone yet! :luck:

I had the same experience in Temple, one interviewer was extremely laid back and completely conversational and the second made me feel like the police had taken me in for interrogation.

But for the most part everyone I have talked to enjoyed their interviews here, good luck to everyone who hasn't gone yet! :luck:

Good to know, thank you for the heads up!

Interesting how? And what do you mean by extremes? I am interviewing on October 18th.

Essentially what the previous poster said: one interviewer asked multiple ethical questions (everything from healthcare reform to freedom of religion) and the other was so conversational and overly encouraging (said she admired me and I should be the CEO of a company?!).... They were polar opposites.

Seem's like it is luck of the draw with who you get. By the way, they handed out statistics which include entering class of 2012 stats. Total interviewed was 667 with 480 acceptances offered(72%). Avg MCAT was 29 and avg GPA was 3.68. They definitely look at the application holistically as my second interviewer was like "usually we screen your GPA someone must have actually looked at it" lol. I really which I could have seen the temple facilities, will e-mail to setup a date. Whoop!

Seem's like it is luck of the draw with who you get. By the way, they handed out statistics which include entering class of 2012 stats. Total interviewed was 667 with 480 acceptances offered(72%). Avg MCAT was 29 and avg GPA was 3.68. They definitely look at the application holistically as my second interviewer was like "usually we screen your GPA someone must have actually looked at it" lol. I really which I could have seen the temple facilities, will e-mail to setup a date. Whoop!

Good to know, thanks :)

if you dont mind, what GPA would that be. Just wondering if i need to be hoping for somebody to "actually look at it" as well

I was curious..for people who have already interviewed here, what does your status say on bamf now?

Mine says interviewed

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

My application was complete late July and my application is still under review. It's needless to say, I think, that they have no interest in me lol.

^^^ same here, buddy. 31 3.7 and a masters from A&M but no love. Sad!

On the plus side you were invited for interview to UNT, UT san antonio and UTMB :D

On a side note, did anyone else's interviewer tell them that the committee meets the next day to discuss/come to a conclusion on interviewees?

Last edited:
On the plus side you were invited for interview to UNT, UT san antonio and UTMB :D

On a side note, did anyone else's interviewer tell them that the committee meets the next day to discuss/come to a conclusion on interviewees?

Yes, this is true. You get ranked on the Friday after your interview.

Keep the faith guys! It's a long process but they still have lots of interview days left. Not quite time to give up hope....

Yikes, so they probably already know who's accepted or not. I wonder how they rank? Just by interview or by the whole application. Hopefully just by interview since I am way below average stat wise.

Yikes, so they probably already know who's accepted or not. I wonder how they rank? Just by interview or by the whole application. Hopefully just by interview since I am way below average stat wise.

Pretty sure it's the whole app and interview.

I toured A&M and Scott & White a few years ago with my undergrad pre-med society, and I loved it.

I am also still hoping for a chance to interview at this school, it is getting a little later in the interview season but it's not over until december. I personally thought I was a good fit for A&M based on my stats, interests and how I answered my secondary.Stay optimistic guys/gals, we're in this boat together :xf:

Still hoping for an interview as well but turned in my secondary very late.

I interviewed here last Thursday (Temple) and absolutely loved it! Both of my interviewers were very laid back and easy to talk to, but it was still intellectual (which I very much enjoyed). One of them asked me to name 3 issues we are currently facing as a society and what consequences we are seeing, and the other asked me a couple of ethical questions (such as what I would do if a 16 yr old girl comes to you without parent's permission...). They also told us not to expect pre-match offers to go out on Nov. 15th because that is an interview day for them so they most likely won't send any out until the following Monday. Leila also mentioned that they are very conservative with their pre-match offers so most of the students accepted will find out via the match.

Overall, I really loved the program and I would choose this school over the other 4 I have interviewed at. I wish everyone the best of luck! If you are interviewing in Temple I highly recommend attending the social the night before, it made the actual interview day remarkably less stressful. Now let the waiting games begin...

Also they give you a ton of food and free pens...so really its a win/win.

Status
Not open for further replies.