2012-2013 Texas A&M Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Complete: 7/10
II: 8/15
Mcat: 37L
Gpa: 3.4

Beast MCAT there, congrats man.

I was complete 8/3
3.6/31. Hoping for that II.:xf:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So apparently I did not read my interview invite for October 4th past the "congratulations" sentence and forgot that a&m existed outside of my beloved College Station. Apparently my interview is in Temple... Ugh. Any recommendations for accommodations, now that I have to actually book some? :( Also, who else is interviewing that day there?

Members don't see this ad :)
So apparently I did not read my interview invite for October 4th past the "congratulations" sentence and forgot that a&m existed outside of my beloved College Station. Apparently my interview is in Temple... Ugh. Any recommendations for accommodations, now that I have to actually book some? :( Also, who else is interviewing that day there?

I'm staying at the Fairfield inn for my interview. Its really close to campus and 99 a night.

Also, the email should contain a PDF with a list of nearby hotels. Hope that helps. Congrats on the invite!

Shivu do you know when you were under review??

I stayed at Candlewood Suites which was literally 2 minutes from campus and I believe it was rather affordable.

Shivu do you know when you were under review??
To be honest, I completely forgot to go back and periodically check out my status. The last time I checked was back around the beginning of August and it still said that my application was being processed. So I'm sorry I don't!

No worries...congrats on the interview!!

Thanks, ts and COTA2Phys. I saw the PDF but figured people could give me a faster route to finding the cheapest/best option :) lazy I am, I know.

Secondary: 8/31
Mcat: 28O
Gpa: 3.94

Too much time between my primary and secondary? I'm hoping this doesn't mess me up too bad. I kinda got married at the end of July so I was a little busy...

Last edited:
It's only been 10 days since you turned in your secondary. Give it until the beginning of October before you start panicking. Doesn't it usually take 3-4 weeks after submission of your secondary to find out?

By the way I know someone who submitted in May and wasn't contacted for an interview until the end of August.

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary: 8/31
Mcat: 28O
Gpa: 3.94

Too much time between my primary and secondary? I'm hoping this doesn't mess me up too bad. I kinda got married at the end of July so I was a little busy...

We are roughly on the same timeline. Primary transmitted: 7/12
Secondary: 9/3
All four things on BAMF listed as true by 9/4

So right now mine still says pending. I'll let you know if or when i hear anything.

My secondary was completed 8/24 and it still says pending. How long does it take to get into review?

It took about a month from when everything was in to when I was under review.

What a long turnaround. Thanks for easing my mind, though!

Ok I need some advice here:

So I called admissions a few weeks ago and they said I had an Interview Invite and to be on the lookout for an E-mail. Received nothing, so I called again, and once again I was told that it said interview, but to hold on. Another lady gets on the phone, asks for my info and says that my application is still under review and there is NO Interview Invite.... I'm very lost

Ok I need some advice here:

So I called admissions a few weeks ago and they said I had an Interview Invite and to be on the lookout for an E-mail. Received nothing, so I called again, and once again I was told that it said interview, but to hold on. Another lady gets on the phone, asks for my info and says that my application is still under review and there is NO Interview Invite.... I'm very lost
Jeez, I would be disheartened. What a nasty trick. Hang in there. I haven't been invited either. Know you are not alone.
Sent via my crappy phone.

Anyone remember the password paramters (e.g., 1 cap, 1 number, 1 symbol, 8 chharacter minimum)? I've made so many of these accounts that I can't remember my password for BAMF. And the darn forgot password button is giving me an "internal error" when I try to submit a request for the reset link. Grrr... I just want to check my status! :-(

Anyone remember the password paramters (e.g., 1 cap, 1 number, 1 symbol, 8 chharacter minimum)? I've made so many of these accounts that I can't remember my password for BAMF. And the darn forgot password button is giving me an "internal error" when I try to submit a request for the reset link. Grrr... I just want to check my status! :-(

Not sure of the requirements, but mine is less than 8 characters, all lower case, and only has 1 number in it.

Submitted TMDSAS 7/17, Transmitted 7/31. Secondary sent before primary was transmitted. Never got a confirmation e-mail. Got an II on the 9th! (It was in my SPAM folder for a couple days, so watch out!) I scheduled the interview for 10/4!

cGPA 3.47 and sGPA 3.27. MCAT 30 O, pretty solid EC's but nothing spectacular.

So there is hope, people!

Last edited:
Update, I got back into my account. It must've been my VA firewall keeping me out while I was at work. That darn thing causes me so much grief.

Anyway, still waiting on my end and showing as "pending."

I just got a phone call: interview invite for 10/18.

Stats: 3.45 GPA, MCAT 33N, Instate, not URM.

I didn't get an email so check on the BAMF website.

Good luck everyone!

Does everyone get a phone call?
I got an e-mail invite last month but no phone call.

Last edited:
Submitted TMDSAS 7/17, Transmitted 7/31. Secondary sent before primary was transmitted. Never got a confirmation e-mail. Got an II on the 9th! (It was in my SPAM folder for a couple days, so watch out!) I scheduled the interview for 10/4!

cGPA 3.47 and sGPA 3.27. MCAT 30 O, pretty solid EC's but nothing spectacular.

So there is hope, people!
Same for me! Found the II in my Spam folder last night!! Everybody, check that Spam religiously!!!

Complete 8/15, II 9/16, interviewing 11/8... 3.6 / 34P

Same for me! Found the II in my Spam folder last night!! Everybody, check that Spam religiously!!!

Complete 8/15, II 9/16, interviewing 11/8... 3.6 / 34P
My e-mail is pretty good about not sending stuff to spam that isn't. But just in case, who is the sender?

(posted this yesterday in the wrong thread)

My status in BAMF changed to "pending" after being under review for weeks.

Was it determined that your status on BAMF changing has no correlation to an interview invite? Maybe I got passed up...

I'm just trying to figure out if this status change has any meaning or not.

(edit) Today:

BAMF status back under review...wtf is going in that office at A&M...this happen to anyone else?

(posted this yesterday in the wrong thread)

My status in BAMF changed to "pending" after being under review for weeks.

Was it determined that your status on BAMF changing has no correlation to an interview invite? Maybe I got passed up...

I'm just trying to figure out if this status change has any meaning or not.

(edit) Today:

BAMF status back under review...wtf is going in that office at A&M...this happen to anyone else?

I had a really similar thing happen to me... Actually ended up getting an II about two weeks after but it still made no sense to me...

I had a really similar thing happen to me... Actually ended up getting an II about two weeks after but it still made no sense to me...

You sir, just brightened up my night, I hope I get similar results. Thank you and congratulations on the interview.

You sir, just brightened up my night, I hope I get similar results. Thank you and congratulations on the interview.

Boricua, hang in there. Interviews will show up. Keep the chin up. Good luck buddy.

Boricua, hang in there. Interviews will show up. Keep the chin up. Good luck buddy.

and you sir, just brightened up my morning lol.

Thanks so much man I needed to hear that. You know SDN is the home of a lot of neurotic BS but sometimes the encouragement on this website is phenomenal. This is why I joined.

Thanks again dude, I truly appreciate it and hey from what I've been reading it sounds like you're in excellent shape. Congrats, you deserve it.

Best of luck to you.

Last edited:
and your sir, just brightened up my morning lol.

Thanks so much man I needed to hear that. You know SDN is the home of a lot of neurotic BS but sometimes the encouragement on this website is phenomenal. This is why I joined.

Thanks again dude, I truly appreciate it and hey from what I've been reading it sounds like you're in excellent shape. Congrats, you deserve it.

Best of luck to you.

Thx Boricua, I don't have anything to complain. As for you, I truly wish you the best. It is a grueling process for all.
September seems to have been very quiet on all front. Things are meant to rebound, so I am expecting to see things moving in the coming months. We are entering Oct, and the interview season extends until January for some schools if not February. Lots of time left, hope and opportunities to come I am sure.

Best of luck to you and all others. This ain't easy, the reward is worth the pain.

Received an interview invite 9/22/2012 for 11/15/2012. Transmitted 7/6/2012. Finished secondary application 8/22/2012. Science GPA: 3.33, cumulative GPA: 3.30, MCAT: B11 P11 V9 WP and average extracurricular activities :)

Received an interview invite 9/22/2012 for 11/15/2012. Transmitted 7/6/2012. Finished secondary application 8/22/2012. Science GPA: 3.33, cumulative GPA: 3.30, MCAT: B11 P11 V9 WP and average extracurricular activities :)

Grats :), hope you have a lot of fun. Hopefully you're interviewing in CS, lots of good taquerias around there, haven't been to Temple to actually be there myself so I can't give any input on the surrounding area. I'm hoping you're not a URM as my stats are fairly similar to yours!

Secondary submitted 8/27. Went from "Under Review" 8/30 to "Pending" 9/10 to "Under Review" again on 9/20. Interview Invite 9/22 for 11/15. cGPA 3.27 and MCAT 33P.

For those curious, here are the admissions stats from last year's application pool for Texas A&M's Health Science Center College of Medicine.

Total Applicants
Applied -2569 (not sure why but this conflicts with the 3,480 reported on the COM website)
Interviewed - 740
Offered Acceptance - 525
Matriculated - 198

In-State Applicants
Applied - 2217
Interviewed - 698
Offered Acceptance - 501
Matriculated - 192

-U.S. News World Report, 2012

Last edited:
Well that makes me feel slightly better, though I feel I might be one of the 200 in state that doesn't get an acceptance invite :(

Well that makes me feel slightly better, though I feel I might be one of the 200 in state that doesn't get an acceptance invite :(

You can't be down on yourself, try to stay optimistic. In the end it will work out.

For those curious, here are the admissions stats from last year's application pool for Texas A&M's Health Science Center College of Medicine.

Total Applicants
Applied -2569 (not sure why but this conflicts with the 3,480 reported on the COM website)
Interviewed - 740
Offered Acceptance - 525
Matriculated - 198

In-State Applicants
Applied - 2217
Interviewed - 698
Offered Acceptance - 501
Matriculated - 192

Thanks man, I can relax a bit more as well.

yea, I think ranting relieves some of my stress... feels like a damn roller coaster for me since I am an older non-trad with super low GPA stats and only 1 interview... though I should be grateful since I did this application cycle as a hail mary not expecting any interviews, least I got one! :D

Got a call from the assistant dean today! :D interview on oct 25th at temple. My app just went under review on sept 20 so i was really surprised to get invited so soon.

Hey phantom iam sort of in the same shoes as you....do you mind sharing what school you are interviewing at? Thanks....good luck!

Total Applicants

Interviewed - 740
Offered Acceptance - 525
Matriculated - 198

In-State Applicants
Applied - 2217
Interviewed - 698
Offered Acceptance - 501
Matriculated - 192

How can I find these stats for all medical schools? Is there a link?

How can I find these stats for all medical schools? Is there a link?

Its like a $10 or $20 year-long subscription to USNWR. I debated between that and the MSAR and decided the former has much more to offer. If you go to the site you get some basic info for free. You have to pay to get the true details, though.

FYI, here are last year's Post-Interview acceptance rates for in-state applicants. (OOS are generally 10% or more lower):

Tech - N/R
Foster - N/R
UTMB - N/R
TAMU - 71%
UNT - 63%
UTHSCSA - 57%
Baylor - 47%
Houston - 43%
UTSW - 39%

-US News World Report, 2012

Its like a $10 or $20 year-long subscription to USNWR. I debated between that and the MSAR and decided the former has much more to offer. If you go to the site you get some basic info for free. You have to pay to get the true details, though.

Does it say how old of MCAT scores each school takes? I'm thinking about applying to a few OOS schools, but I hear only a few accept MCAT scores older than 3 years, and mine will be just over 3 years old. Since I haven't gotten any Texas invites (who all accept 5 year old MCATs), I'm starting to get nervous.

The fine school Texas A&M invited me for interview nucleardoc. Couldn't be happier. Just gotta ace this interview somehow!

Status
Not open for further replies.