2012-2013 University of Mississippi Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. Case told me that UMC interviewed 222 and accepted 135 in last year's cycle.

WOW! Most schools do that. Don't get discouraged though. At least you, well we, got our foot in the door. You just have to sell yourself. If they didn't want you, then they would have passed over your application. It is more competitive, so getting an interview says a lot. :xf:

Think about it like this: you are interviewing them as well as them interviewing you. :luck::D

Members don't see this ad.

Actually, I was surprised that the number interviewed wasn't higher. I think those are fairly good odds of getting in!

I forgot that they had increased there class from 100 (pre-2009) to 135. I wonder how many people are interviewing with us or that day.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's quiet again. Any other interview invites?

I've looked at UMC's thread over the past couple of years and they were all pretty quiet. I guess a lot of applicants either don't use SDN or know about it.

It is a somewhat quiet page. I'm very excited at the prospect of meeting a few of my 2013 classmates however.

Last edited:
Accepted! I am so excited! Got the e-mail at 4:23 pm CST. It's a great Thanksgiving and Christmas present!

Anyone know when they stop giving out interview invites?

--

Anyone know when they stop giving out interview invites?

--

I don't know that, but Dr. Davis made it clear that they interview until February or maybe through February. I'm thinking the former more than the latter. Yeah, the website states Sept.-Feb.. Try e-mailing about your status, so it will get your application in their view. You never know. Good luck!

Email to whom? I though the portal showed all the status we had.

--

Well if you have been complete for 4-6 weeks and haven't heard anything, contact them at the e-mail on their website. They say you can e-mail them for status updates. E-mail or call Kim Dallas. I'm sure she will check on it for you too. That's what I did and a few weeks later, I received an II.

Hey guys, I have a question for those who are already accepted. What are you doing from now till august?

Hey guys, I have a question for those who are already accepted. What are you doing from now till august?

I'm working full-time (nontrad; 27 yrs old), and I enrolled in a pharm and physio class before I was accepted, so I am doing that until mid-Feb. Don't know exactly what month I will give my resignation, but I plan to save some more money and have fun before medical school like it will be my last. Also, looking into housing options.

Rejected. Again.

Happy I have an acceptance elsewhere. Good luck to the rest of you!!

For those of you already accepted, what were your stats (if you don't mind sharing)? I am a non-traditional, current lawyer looking to make the jump over. I plan on taking the MCAT in the Spring and applying next rotation. Knocking out some pre-reqs now while continuing to work. TIA.

mssmith4- I don't mind sharing my stats, they should be a confidence booster for others lol

4.0 GPA and 25 MCAT; I also feel like I had strong LOR's and extracurricular activities

I was in the first group that got accepted on October 18th or something like that. I would advise to submit both your primary and secondary applications ASAP- I think that definitely helped me out.

Goodluck on making your career switch, very admirable.

mssmith4- I don't mind sharing my stats, they should be a confidence booster for others lol

4.0 GPA and 25 MCAT; I also feel like I had strong LOR's and extracurricular activities

I was in the first group that got accepted on October 18th or something like that. I would advise to submit both your primary and secondary applications ASAP- I think that definitely helped me out.

Goodluck on making your career switch, very admirable.

Thanks, Fastpitch.

I'm hoping to finish this new semester with a 4.0. I currently have a 4.0 in my BCPM pre-req courses; around a 3.7 overall. Taking the MCAT May 30, but I plan on submitting my AMCAS June 1 without a MCAT score. I know it will automatically upload once my score posts, or at least this is what I've been told by Admissions.

I think my EC's and work history are both fairly strong (e.g., been through law school, former Marine with two combat tours, lots of volunteering, shadowing, etc.). The MCAT has me a little stressed out right now, however. With work, class, MCAT studying, 2-year old, wife, etc., I manage to stay pretty busy. LOL! I'm aiming for a 30, but I think a 27-28 would do the trick.

Hey guys! Welcome to UMC!! I'm a new graduate - just starting residency at Blair E Batson. Holler if you have any questions. It's a fantastic place to train and you will all do great!

Hey guys! Welcome to UMC!! I'm a new graduate - just starting residency at Blair E Batson. Holler if you have any questions. It's a fantastic place to train and you will all do great!

I was reading your blog the other day congrats! A few people I know just graduated as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.