You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Vanderbilt University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
snailmail rejection. well, i love the quality of the paper, good luck everyone
lol I thought I was the only one who noticed that. Their paper is quite impressive.
when does interview season end for this school?
submitted secondary two weeks ago yet still not complete, only one check mark in my application status...
submitted secondary two weeks ago yet still not complete, only one check mark in my application status...
it takes a month give or take a week
A question for the med students on here - who is the best individual at Vandy to contact with specific questions about Curriculum 2.0?
A question for the med students on here - who is the best individual at Vandy to contact with specific questions about Curriculum 2.0?
Would like to know this too
.
Last edited:
How do you receive your acceptance/rejection after the interview? I'm assuming it's a letter if a rejection but do they call you if you're accepted?
Yes, a phone call from Dean Zic.
A question for the med students on here - who is the best individual at Vandy to contact with specific questions about Curriculum 2.0?
My best guess would be Dean Miller or Dean Lomis.
would anyone happen to know how long after your interview you find out about acceptances/rejections? my host said it had taken longer than 8 weeks last year, but i know they're interviewing less this year...
My best guess would be Dean Miller or Dean Lomis.
Hey lxz, it's amazing to see you here to help!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Vandy undergrad here. Just got my secondary on 10/10. My AMCAS was only verified on 9/11, so if you had to submit late like me, don't despair!
So if anybody's primary has been in quite a while and you still haven't gotten a secondary or rejection, don't despair! I called today and they said that due to the large number of applications, they're still in the process of going through primaries even from quite some time ago, so there's hope!
Post-secondary snail mail rejection on 10/15, secondary submitted late August and marked complete early-mid September. Stats just above acceptance average.
Just confirming they're not emailing rejections post-secondary. Second rejection added to my list. Good luck, everyone!
Just confirming they're not emailing rejections post-secondary. Second rejection added to my list. Good luck, everyone!
Post-secondary snail mail rejection on 10/15, secondary submitted late August and marked complete early-mid September. Stats just above acceptance average.
Just confirming they're not emailing rejections post-secondary. Second rejection added to my list. Good luck, everyone!
That's the first snail mail post-secondary rejection I have seen, I'm sorry man, I feel ya!
Did you get that status update email that some people got last week? I haven't heard anything post secondary either so I'm kinda thinking my letter is in the mail...
That's the first snail mail post-secondary rejection I have seen, I'm sorry man, I feel ya!
Nope, eggs13 said he had one on the last page. I was skeptical since the website explicitly states all decisions post-secondary will be through email, but now I'm not!
Here's that post:
Bummer, post secondary snail mail rejection 🙁 (stats in MD apps, OOS)
Would have loved the chance to come visit Vandy and Nashville, but was grateful to at least receive the secondary!
Best of luck to everyone else!
Did you get that status update email that some people got last week? I haven't heard anything post secondary either so I'm kinda thinking my letter is in the mail...
I did not get any email communication from Vandy post-submission of my secondary. They must not have liked my secondary responses even while I thought they were pretty strong. So if you're on hold, they must be seriously considering your application. In the end I suppose I'd rather receive a decision than a hold status.
Edit: I hope that helps. I haven't actually opened the letter yet. My roommate picked it up on the way to her job and texted me that I got a letter from Vandy, so I have to wait to see it. Sad day. 🙁
anyone have any idea how long the turn around is after your LORs get loaded into the system?
anyone have any idea how long the turn around is after your LORs get loaded into the system?
About a month
I did not get any email communication from Vandy post-submission of my secondary. They must not have liked my secondary responses even while I thought they were pretty strong. So if you're on hold, they must be seriously considering your application. In the end I suppose I'd rather receive a decision than a hold status.
Edit: I hope that helps. I haven't actually opened the letter yet. My roommate picked it up on the way to her job and texted me that I got a letter from Vandy, so I have to wait to see it. Sad day. 🙁
Bummer man, that's frustrating. I think I'd rather just know a decision instead of this on hold business too. It just seems like a way to avoid sending out another rejection. Oh well.
Bummer man, that's frustrating. I think I'd rather just know a decision instead of this on hold business too. It just seems like a way to avoid sending out another rejection. Oh well.
Don't be silly, if they weren't considering you they would outright reject you without thinking twice. You're in the game still 🙂
Don't be silly, if they weren't considering you they would outright reject you without thinking twice. You're in the game still 🙂
Thanks for the vote of confidence brother, I'll try to keep the hope alive! Won't be holding my breath though ha
That's the first snail mail post-secondary rejection I have seen, I'm sorry man, I feel ya!
Did you get that status update email that some people got last week? I haven't heard anything post secondary either so I'm kinda thinking my letter is in the mail...
Nope, eggs13 said he had one on the last page. I was skeptical since the website explicitly states all decisions post-secondary will be through email, but now I'm not!
Here's that post:
I did not get any email communication from Vandy post-submission of my secondary. They must not have liked my secondary responses even while I thought they were pretty strong. So if you're on hold, they must be seriously considering your application. In the end I suppose I'd rather receive a decision than a hold status.
Edit: I hope that helps. I haven't actually opened the letter yet. My roommate picked it up on the way to her job and texted me that I got a letter from Vandy, so I have to wait to see it. Sad day. 🙁
I'm no liar! haha 😛
I'm no liar! haha 😛
Not insinuating you are, it's just nice to always check your sources! Since no one else reported post secondary snail mail rejections I figured I'd chip in 🙂
Especially disappointing because I think I'd fit in really well here. 😳
But other schools await, no biggie. 🙂
so no one knows if it's going to take shorter than last year to get back to us? last year's thread sounded like a hot mess with people waiting for months and months after their interviews...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted472157
so no one knows if it's going to take shorter than last year to get back to us? last year's thread sounded like a hot mess with people waiting for months and months after their interviews...
Since they're interviewing half the number of people as last year, I would imagine things might go a little faster this year. Then again, that could just be wishful thinking on my part. 🙄
Received a second "we are still actively reviewing your application" update email today. Hopefully this means that I'm really interesting and not that I'm really confusing. 😀
Also, it's nice that they keep in touch instead of just letting us drift into limbo. Thanks, Vandy. 👍
Also, it's nice that they keep in touch instead of just letting us drift into limbo. Thanks, Vandy. 👍
Received a second "we are still actively reviewing your application" update email today. Hopefully this means that I'm really interesting and not that I'm really confusing. 😀
Also, it's nice that they keep in touch instead of just letting us drift into limbo. Thanks, Vandy. 👍
Ditto. It's nice to know we are still in the running!
II today!!! Scheduled for 5th of November...remember, remember the 5th of November 🙂
That's 10ii's, no rejections thus far!
That's 10ii's, no rejections thus far!
To the people with recent invites and updates from Vandy, when did you guys submit the secondary? I submitted mines on 9/3 and still nothing from them.
To the people with recent invites and updates from Vandy, when did you guys submit the secondary? I submitted mines on 9/3 and still nothing from them.
I submitted my secondary on 8/20, so I wouldn't worry.
I submitted my secondary on 8/20, so I wouldn't worry.
i submitted on 8/27.
Received a second "we are still actively reviewing your application" update email today. Hopefully this means that I'm really interesting and not that I'm really confusing. 😀
Also, it's nice that they keep in touch instead of just letting us drift into limbo. Thanks, Vandy. 👍
+1 I'd rather prefer them making a decision though. Guess they're right on the fence on whether to give us an interview.
+1 I'd rather prefer them making a decision though. Guess they're right on the fence on whether to give us an interview.
We walk the line.
II today too!II today!!! Scheduled for 5th of November...remember, remember the 5th of November 🙂
That's 10ii's, no rejections thus far!
Just got the interview invite yesterday. I submitted the secondary ~8/30 but I was not complete until mid-September.To the people with recent invites and updates from Vandy, when did you guys submit the secondary? I submitted mines on 9/3 and still nothing from them.
Do the blue check marks show up for the LORs regardless of an interview invite or rejection post-secondary? I was complete on 9/20, and I still have red x's next to my LORs.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I believe it is 50%.Anyone care to venture an educated guess as to the proportion of post-secondary interview invites vs. post-secondary rejections, maybe 1/3 invites vs. 2/3 post-secondary rejections? Really hoping to interview here.
Anyone still waits for a secondary?
I got a confirmation about my primary on 9/25.
I checked my mailbox everyday to see if a rejection mail is laying there.
I got a confirmation about my primary on 9/25.
I checked my mailbox everyday to see if a rejection mail is laying there.
been waiting since 7/31 kiddo. Welcome to limbo 😛Anyone still waits for a secondary?
I got a confirmation about my primary on 9/25.
I checked my mailbox everyday to see if a rejection mail is laying there.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K