You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Vanderbilt University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So my status page says that all of my letters have been received and my secondary is sent, but I still have the "We are waiting for your application material(s) before we can process your application" message. Does this mean that my app is not complete yet?
This is what mine has said for at least ~2 weeks. I don't think it is an issue, what would we be missing to complete the app? Has anyone actually got a "complete" on their status?
Last edited:
This is what mine has said for at least ~2 weeks. I don't think it is an issue, what would be missing to complete the app. Has anyone actually got a "complete" on their status?
Same here (LORs checked off) and it still says "we are waiting...". Have not gotten a complete email, only a secondary application confirmation and that email reminding everyone to send in their LORs.
Same here (LORs checked off) and it still says "we are waiting...". Have not gotten a complete email, only a secondary application confirmation and that email reminding everyone to send in their LORs.
Ditto. Maybe that's the reason no II were sent out last Friday, no one is marked as complete!
3.69/38R and no secondary as of yet. I'm assuming that the GPA is the reason, but that just means that the MCAT isn't the sole cutoff one needs to jump over.
GPA > 3.9
MCAT > 38
Verified since early/mid July.
Go figure. 😳
Every Thursday there is a local farmer's market on the medical school steps.
Every Thursday there is a local farmer's market on the medical school steps.
![]()
![]()
👍👍👍
Information for interviewee hosting has been distributed. If you are selected to interview, you will utilize an online site to arrange for a student host. The first interviews are currently set to begin next month.
You guys might find it interesting that the student hosting coordinator positions were all snatched up instantly. I replied within an hour and they were all taken already. So people are glad to have you come visit Vanderbilt!
You guys might find it interesting that the student hosting coordinator positions were all snatched up instantly. I replied within an hour and they were all taken already. So people are glad to have you come visit Vanderbilt!
Information for interviewee hosting has been distributed. If you are selected to interview, you will utilize an online site to arrange for a student host. The first interviews are currently set to begin next month.
You guys might find it interesting that the student hosting coordinator positions were all snatched up instantly. I replied within an hour and they were all taken already. So people are glad to have you come visit Vanderbilt!
I'd be glad to get a secondary. 😉
I'd be glad to get a secondary. 😉
Ditto.
Is that really how it is? It may just be a little too much to feel really out of place if I choose to dress down one day...
Plus, having a steady stock of dress clothes for every single day is a bit excessive.
The surprising thing is that the undergrads even dress like that. The place looks like a giant boarding school. Tailgating is even done in coat and tie. You learn to appreciate it to be honest. And, at the end of 4 years there, you might even end up with a pair of nantucket red pants and a lily tie. Oh undergrad memories.....
On a different, less chipper note, does anyone know when vandy starts sending out rejections?
So my status page says that all of my letters have been received and my secondary is sent, but I still have the "We are waiting for your application material(s) before we can process your application" message. Does this mean that my app is not complete yet?
This is what mine has said for at least ~2 weeks. I don't think it is an issue, what would we be missing to complete the app? Has anyone actually got a "complete" on their status?
Same here (LORs checked off) and it still says "we are waiting...". Have not gotten a complete email, only a secondary application confirmation and that email reminding everyone to send in their LORs.
In the last few days mine changed to this:
"Thank you for submitting the Vanderbilt secondary application to the Vanderbilt University School of Medicine. Once your AMCAS application, Vanderbilt secondary application and letters of recommendation have been reviewed by the Interview Admissions Committee (IAC), you will receive an email from the Office of Medical School Admissions either inviting you to interview at VUSM or an email stating that the admissions process has ended. We appreciate your interest in Vanderbilt and patience with the 2013 admissions season process."
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine now says the same as NewYorker9. Hopefully we hear back soon!
In the last few days mine changed to this:
"Thank you for submitting the Vanderbilt secondary application to the Vanderbilt University School of Medicine. Once your AMCAS application, Vanderbilt secondary application and letters of recommendation have been reviewed by the Interview Admissions Committee (IAC), you will receive an email from the Office of Medical School Admissions either inviting you to interview at VUSM or an email stating that the admissions process has ended. We appreciate your interest in Vanderbilt and patience with the 2013 admissions season process."
Mine says the same!

Good luck everyone!Under application status, do you guys still have red "X"s next to your LORs?
Under application status, do you guys still have red "X"s next to your LORs?
Nope. Have a blue checkmark next to both. I think it took about a week for the X to go to a checkmark after I submitted.
My status only says:
"Thank you for submitting your secondary application to the Vanderbilt University School of Medicine."
:/
"Thank you for submitting your secondary application to the Vanderbilt University School of Medicine."
:/
D
deleted472157
Nope. Have a blue checkmark next to both. I think it took about a week for the X to go to a checkmark after I submitted.
Same. I hope this means something good!
+2 but I got my secondary about 2-3 weeks after the first batch went out (i.e. after everyone with the insane GPA/MCAT) so I doubt I'll be in the first round of interview invites...
Best of luck to everyone
.
.+2 but I got my secondary about 2-3 weeks after the first batch went out (i.e. after everyone with the insane GPA/MCAT) so I doubt I'll be in the first round of interview invites...
+3, hoping for good news! 🙂

Anyone from Vandy know when they'll be rolling out additional secondaries? I can't imagine that I would get screened out, but I still haven't received one. Stats are a standard of deviation above Vandy's.
I'm debating pre-writing it, but if I am not even going to receive one I'd rather not waste my time.
I'm debating pre-writing it, but if I am not even going to receive one I'd rather not waste my time.
anyone from vandy know when they'll be rolling out additional secondaries? I can't imagine that i would get screened out, but i still haven't received one. Stats are a standard of deviation above vandy's.
I'm debating pre-writing it, but if i am not even going to receive one i'd rather not waste my time.
+1
Anyone from Vandy know when they'll be rolling out additional secondaries? I can't imagine that I would get screened out, but I still haven't received one. Stats are a standard of deviation above Vandy's.
I'm debating pre-writing it, but if I am not even going to receive one I'd rather not waste my time.
Where did you see vandy's standard deviation for their stats? I've never seen any school post that type of info.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Where did you see vandy's standard deviation for their stats? I've never seen any school post that type of info.
S/He and many other students either derived if from a PM I answered inquiring about the chances of admission at Vandy or by deriving it from the statistics released to the public by following this link: https://medschool.vanderbilt.edu/admissions/average-mcat-and-gpa
I feel ya man...I have a 3.75/36S (urm) and have not received an app...im just losing interest at this point. might even withdraw if i don't get a secondary before school starts again.Anyone from Vandy know when they'll be rolling out additional secondaries? I can't imagine that I would get screened out, but I still haven't received one. Stats are a standard of deviation above Vandy's.
I'm debating pre-writing it, but if I am not even going to receive one I'd rather not waste my time.
Yay, interview! 😀
Interview at Vandy just now 🙂
Have you figured out how to access the interview scheduler? I'm befuzzled 🙁
Have you figured out how to access the interview scheduler? I'm befuzzled 🙁
I'm assuming that the link sent in the email is incorrect? It just takes you to your secondary application and there are no new links to schedule interviews within that ...
interview invite!!! 😀 😀 so excited.
All these people getting interviews...
I just got my invitation to fill out their beast of a secondary. Everyone cheer for me, yaaaay!! Right? 😉
Congrats everyone!
I just got my invitation to fill out their beast of a secondary. Everyone cheer for me, yaaaay!! Right? 😉
Congrats everyone!
Interview invite!
Interview invite!
Tater, I hate you...
...because I love you so much.

I'm assuming that the link sent in the email is incorrect? It just takes you to your secondary application and there are no new links to schedule interviews within that ...
I hope so, or maybe we're just blind 😛
All these people getting interviews...
I just got my invitation to fill out their beast of a secondary. Everyone cheer for me, yaaaay!! Right? 😉
Congrats everyone!
Congrats to you, too, PMOD 😉
All these people getting interviews...
I just got my invitation to fill out their beast of a secondary. Everyone cheer for me, yaaaay!! Right? 😉
Congrats everyone!
thats awesome! 😀 congratulations!
Congrats to you, too, PMOD 😉
I got the email and seriously looked at the title and said "Who the hell is VUSM?" Took me about 10 seconds to process. Then I got the sinking feeling that was literally, "Damnit, I just finished writing DUKE's secondary. This is going to be fun."
Haha, thanks KDizzle. Best of luck at your interviews, I'm sure you'll run the show.
thats awesome! 😀 congratulations!
Gracias, good luck with your interviews as well!
Got an II!
Congrats everyone else who got one and good luck to the rest. =)
TheKDizzle, it looks like I might be seeing you more than once on the interview trail!
Congrats everyone else who got one and good luck to the rest. =)
TheKDizzle, it looks like I might be seeing you more than once on the interview trail!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got an II!
Congrats everyone else who got one and good luck to the rest. =)
TheKDizzle, it looks like I might be seeing you more than once on the interview trail!
I don't doubt it 🙂
Scheduled for 9/28!
Just got my II!
Congrats to all others who got one as well!
Edit: Will be there 9/17! Gonna try to get to the area on 9/15 to have a look around.
Congrats to all others who got one as well!
Edit: Will be there 9/17! Gonna try to get to the area on 9/15 to have a look around.
Last edited:
Got secondary invite!
waited a month 😀
waited a month 😀
I don't doubt it 🙂
Scheduled for 9/28!
Me too!
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
