2012 APPIC Internship Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I did not apply to APPIC but am going through CAPIC. Yesterday was the deadline for sites to tell us they weren't ranking us and since it was a holiday, some sites were not in the office. I just got an email from my top site stating they would not be ranking me. I'm crushed. I will admit the site was not a 100% best fit but the staff and the location (city)were great. I have not heard from my second choice which is great (no news is good news right now) but I really thought I had a good shot at my top spot. They were way more competitive than I thought (74 applicants for 1 spot) but I still thought I had a shot.

Thanks for listening to me cry but I figured if anyone would understand, its this group. Good luck to you all on Friday. We rank on Monday and find out on the 5th.

Wow, those are stiff odds. Does anyone apply to both APPIC and CAPIC? (I'm guessing that's why they have slightly different ranking timelines but I'm on the East Coast so I have no idea how CAPIC works.) Good luck with your other sites! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

CAPIC is a regional version of APPIC and was developed collaboratively by California schools to address the need for local internships. They now have a computerized matching system in its second year and the timeline has been set so that students can and do apply to both (but can only Match in one obviously). Students who need to stay local often do apply in both. If they match in APPIC on Friday they will not rank for CAPIC next Monday. If they do not match in APPIC Match I they can proceed with CAPIC and will know on March 5 their CAPIC outcome (which is binding) so they do not proceed to NMS II. It IS complicated and stressful for students but does address the problem of students who need to stay local or who need half-time, 2 year internships which are much more common in CAPIC .

Wow, those are stiff odds. Does anyone apply to both APPIC and CAPIC? (I'm guessing that's why they have slightly different ranking timelines but I'm on the East Coast so I have no idea how CAPIC works.) Good luck with your other sites! :luck:

Most California students will likely do both APPIC and CAPIC. Unfortunately this year CAPIC decided to move up their ranking dates so it forces those who want to do both to have to choose between APPIC Phase II and CAPIC Phase I (assuming they don't match in APPIC Phase I). It's a sucky situation all around.

Members don't see this ad :)
previous posters have said it all. Yes, most students apply to both. I did not but it was not by choice. It does make it interesting since many sites don't know who is applying to both and can rank applicants who are not ranking CAPIC anymore. Our internship director said that last year, a student from my school matched to both and it was quite a PITA to deal with. The ranking process is killing me. I'm stuck with deciding if I want to rank half-time or unpaid sites just so I match to something or ranking only full-time paid sites and if I don't match, applying for Phase 2.

previous posters have said it all. Yes, most students apply to both. I did not but it was not by choice. It does make it interesting since many sites don't know who is applying to both and can rank applicants who are not ranking CAPIC anymore. Our internship director said that last year, a student from my school matched to both and it was quite a PITA to deal with. The ranking process is killing me. I'm stuck with deciding if I want to rank half-time or unpaid sites just so I match to something or ranking only full-time paid sites and if I don't match, applying for Phase 2.

Do you think unpaid internships violate any APA ethics codes?

Do you think unpaid internships violate any APA ethics codes?

I'd say that even if it isn't a blatant ethics violation, it's a trend we don't want to reinforce and perpetuate. I personally am also not much of a fan of the two-year, half-time internship model, as I feel the year-long full-time experience adds something unique via the whole immersion process. But that's just me.

Last edited:
Wow, guys! I haven't been on since mid-January, and there has been some high drama around these parts. It's like Downton Abbey up in here. :)

Just my two cents: We're all in a tough place right now, but we had the resourcefulness to get to this point, and we'll manage whatever happens on Friday.

My plan for emotion regulation that day is...run a research subject. Actually, I'm going to try to get my RA to do it instead, in case I need to start drinking at 10 a.m. :p Kidding!

You know, if I don't match, I'm realistic about how sad and scared I'll be. But I'm not going to do Phase II and kill myself trying to wiggle in somewhere. Honestly, I'll teach, finish my dissertation, and probably try to start a family while I wait for next year to roll around. :)

Back to wedding planning and avoiding work, given that I can't seem to make sense of any of it right now. Good luck, SD friends! <3

Wow, guys! I haven't been on since mid-January, and there has been some high drama around these parts. It's like Downton Abbey up in here. :)

Just my two cents: We're all in a tough place right now, but we had the resourcefulness to get to this point, and we'll manage whatever happens on Friday.

My plan for emotion regulation that day is...run a research subject. Actually, I'm going to try to get my RA to do it instead, in case I need to start drinking at 10 a.m. :p Kidding!

You know, if I don't match, I'm realistic about how sad and scared I'll be. But I'm not going to do Phase II and kill myself trying to wiggle in somewhere. Honestly, I'll teach, finish my dissertation, and probably try to start a family while I wait for next year to roll around. :)

Back to wedding planning and avoiding work, given that I can't seem to make sense of any of it right now. Good luck, SD friends! <3

Very best of luck; I honestly don't remember what I did to keep myself busy while waiting for the email last year, but I'm pretty certain it was as mindless and enjoyable a task as possible.

Also, as a slight aside, I'd at least suggest not immediately discounting Phase II outright. I'm quite certain it's a nerve-wracking process, but given that the sites no longer require cover letters and are encouraged/required to offer phone interviews rather than site visits, it couldn't hurt to just browse the available sites and see if any of them stand out to you. I figure hey, we paid for the entirety of the match service, we might as well take full advantage of it.

Very best of luck; I honestly don't remember what I did to keep myself busy while waiting for the email last year, but I'm pretty certain it was as mindless and enjoyable a task as possible.

Also, as a slight aside, I'd at least suggest not immediately discounting Phase II outright. I'm quite certain it's a nerve-wracking process, but given that the sites no longer require cover letters and are encouraged/required to offer phone interviews rather than site visits, it couldn't hurt to just browse the available sites and see if any of them stand out to you. I figure hey, we paid for the entirety of the match service, we might as well take full advantage of it.

Eh, fair enough. I mean, I might LOOK. But honestly, I was restricted because I'm not willing to move (my fiance can't move, we need his salary and benefits, and my whole life is here) and I applied to every site that made any sense for me. I got good interviews, but worst case, I think I'd rather wait and try to get into one of my top choices next year rather than try to smoosh myself into a site that just happens to have a position...we'll see.

Also, as a slight aside, I'd at least suggest not immediately discounting Phase II outright. I'm quite certain it's a nerve-wracking process, but given that the sites no longer require cover letters and are encouraged/required to offer phone interviews rather than site visits, it couldn't hurt to just browse the available sites and see if any of them stand out to you.

Actually, this year they are requiring tailored cover letters for each Phase II site you apply to :(. Not to say that that alone should prevent anyone from doing it, it just ups the effort quotient. But, hey, at least there aren't any supplemental materials.

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually, this year they are requiring tailored cover letters for each Phase II site you apply to :(. Not to say that that alone should prevent anyone from doing it, it just ups the effort quotient. But, hey, at least there aren't any supplemental materials.

Oh wow, didn't realize that. Did they provide a reason for the change? My guess would be that it's to curtail applicants from sending an application to every single site in Phase II, but I could of course be wrong.

Whatever the case, as you mentioned, that probably shouldn't serve as the sole deterrent to an applicant. It just makes an already-stressful and hectic process slightly more stressful.

Oh wow, didn't realize that. Did they provide a reason for the change? My guess would be that it's to curtail applicants from sending an application to every single site in Phase II, but I could of course be wrong.

Whatever the case, as you mentioned, that probably shouldn't serve as the sole deterrent to an applicant. It just makes an already-stressful and hectic process slightly more stressful.

I would bet you're right about the reasoning, though APPIC said on their website that the change was requested by applicants (if I'm remembering correctly, I find that very hard to believe... I'd believe that it was requested by training directors who didn't want to weed through hundreds of applications... but I don't think the tailoring of cover letters will cut down the number of applications that much).

I went through Phase II last year and I liked it much more than Phase I. I felt that the sites that I applied to were more open to applicants with different experiences (e.g., someone with primarily child experience applying for a primarily adult oriented internship). I also liked the abbreviated schedule because it didn't allow time for anxiety to build. You applied, they got your application (within a week), they invited you to interview (within a week), you interviewed (within a week), you decided how to rank them, and it was match day again. For me, it was a lot less stressful than Phase I. Almost no waiting!

Good luck, everyone! :luck:

I would bet you're right about the reasoning, though APPIC said on their website that the change was requested by applicants (if I'm remembering correctly, I find that very hard to believe... I'd believe that it was requested by training directors who didn't want to weed through hundreds of applications... but I don't think the tailoring of cover letters will cut down the number of applications that much).

I went through Phase II last year and I liked it much more than Phase I. I felt that the sites that I applied to were more open to applicants with different experiences (e.g., someone with primarily child experience applying for a primarily adult oriented internship). I also liked the abbreviated schedule because it didn't allow time for anxiety to build. You applied, they got your application (within a week), they invited you to interview (within a week), you interviewed (within a week), you decided how to rank them, and it was match day again. For me, it was a lot less stressful than Phase I. Almost no waiting!

Good luck, everyone! :luck:

I'm very glad to at least hear that your Phase II experience last year was a relatively positive one. I can definitely see how the "quick" (relatively) turn-around, coupled with the increased open-mindedness, would be nice.

As for the new cover letter requirement, perhaps applicants requested it because those who chose to only apply to a few Phase II sites (based on fit, perceived success, etc.) felt they were at a disadvantage to individuals who applied essentially everywhere? And/or they worried that the reduced application requirements and subsequent heightened number of applications per site led to their own applications not being reviewed very thoroughly?

I'm a parent. I have two children under the age of 5. I only applied to sites where my husband could transfer to another store (he works in retail so we were somewhat geographically limited) and where I'd feel comfortable having my daughter go to school. I spent as much time (or more) researching schools near sites than the sites themselves probably. My daughter is starting kindergarten next year! Originally I had planned to try to stay locally so I wouldn't have to uproot my family but there was only once counseling center here (I only applied to CCs) and it wasn't a great match for me. So after much deliberation and stress, I decided to rank sites out of state highly. But my situation is slightly different since my husband doesn't really have to quit, but only relocate.

I have heard of some people living within driving distance of their kids/partners and only seeing their kids on the weekends but that's not an option for me. I'm not willing to be away from my kids for a year. And one site told me they had matched with a woman with a toddler who had planned to leave her husband behind for the year but she couldn't find a daycare that would work with her schedule so sadly, she had to decline the internship.

So good luck to all of the parents out there (and everyone else of course!) And I'm always happy to hear from anyone who wants to talk about what it's like having kids while being a doctoral student so feel free to message me! It has been VERY stressful trying to do this Match as a parent, but it's worth it to get to be the mother of two amazing humans. And actually, sites have been wonderfully supportive of me being a parent. I disclosed this in one of my essays because it's a huge part of my identity and I got lots of interviews and met lots of other parents (interns and staff) along the way. As it turns out, it's totally acceptable to be a human with a life outside of our doctoral programs. Go figure. :zip:(I don't know what this dancing monkey means but I like it).

:luck:

3.5 more days... The most anxiolytic part of this for me is the thought of having to ask my husband to quit his job, and move my family (my husband and two year old son) to a distant city for one year for est 20k. Are there other parents out there? How will /did you make it work?

Talk about pressure! The boyfriend just got accepted today to Ohio State for Pharmacy school. I ranked the site there highly (solely based on my opinion that he would get accepted), but did my worst interview imo since it was my first one, and I was still feeling the effects of jetlag from a 40+ hour trip across the world. I've been sick this past week, so time is flying by. I've got a countdown timer on my computer and right now it says 44 hours and 30 minutes until I know where (hopefully not if!) I match! woohoo!!

Good luck all :)

Last edited:
Until the last day or so I was doing relatively well managing anxiety and limiting obsessive thoughts. I'm not managing as well now as the bad dreams have picked up speed so I'm also fatigued and almost completely non-productive.

Reason for the post (besides whining): I was wondering whether ya'll would rather post results of match on this thread, or start a separate thread for that? This feels like "home" for Internship stuff this year, but it might be easier to be separated out. Thoughts?

Well congratulations to your boyfriend and good luck to you! That sounds very stressful.

The MATCH process is not very accommodating of families (and I consider partners to be family), particularly those with children. There are very few part-time sites. I couldn't find any APA accredited CCs that offered a part-time position. Several of my friends with kids ended up doing unaccredited local internships. They're all licensed and working with great jobs so it turned out OK, but it's really crappy to invest so much time and energy to get a doctoral degree and then have to compromise on the internship training because one chose to have a family while going to school. It makes me mad. :mad: And some of us are quite a bit older and couldn't risk waiting until after the Ph.D. to start having kids because it probably would have been too late (mainly yours truly!)

Last edited:
I honestly hope some folks are having a better time this week than me. Don't want to be a debbie downer, but if anyone can understand this roller coaster of emotions, I thought it would be this forum.

Inspired to post another link to the petition, in case some have not signed this document:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/psychology-internship/

Best wishes to everyone managing strong emotions and anxiety at this time; your experiences are totally valid. Do whatever you can to take good care of yourself.

Hi For anyone who has participated in Phase 2. Can you tell me a little bit about how the went for you. I am little bit confused.

For example, Lets say I apply to five programs who have unfilled positions in phase 2. How would I go about ranking these programs, are interviews required for this phase? or do I rank the programs that I applied to during Phase 2.

I am hoping that I match at phase 1. But I just would like a better understanding of how it works just in case I have to apply during Phase 2.

Thanks

We're all deeply affected by the imbalance, but I don't think petitioning APA is the best solution, IMHO. You're asking the governing body that created the problem to put aside their investments in the current, "broken" system, and I doubt it will work. Yes, I read the petition. :)

However, alternatives exist. I particularly like the work that PCSAS has been doing to create an independent, rigorous accreditation system which emphasizes the need for a recognition that clinical psychology education must be based on psychological clinical science. They propose a body that accredits programs based on outcome measures (e.g., licensure, publications). Their main goal is to provide a system that provides students with the best training and the public with a valid measure of expertise and competence, which APA has not done.

From the McFall (2012) article in Behavior Therapist: "Programs with a chief mission of preparing graduates primarily for service delivery roles are not appropriate candidates for PCSAS accreditation. PCSAS-accredited programs must provide first-rate applied training, thereby qualifying their graduates to administer and oversee the delivery of psychological clinical services; however, science must be the central focus of all training, with a thorough integration of the research and applied components." (emphasis added)

Such a system might discourage the proliferation of clinical psychology training in for-profit educational institutions, because students would have an objective, outcome-based measure by which to judge potential programs.

I'm sure I'm going to light some fires with this, and that isn't my intent. I think we do have to change things, but I don't believe that change will come from APA. And this is NOT an indictment of individuals in programs of which PCSAS disapproves. The problem lies with the APA.

See McFall, R. M. (2012). Psychological Clinical Science Accreditation System: FAQs and Facts. the Behavior Therapist, 35(1), 11-15.

Also: http://pcsas.org

I have heard of some people living within driving distance of their kids/partners and only seeing their kids on the weekends but that's not an option for me. I'm not willing to be away from my kids for a year. And one site told me they had matched with a woman with a toddler who had planned to leave her husband behind for the year but she couldn't find a daycare that would work with her schedule so sadly, she had to decline the internship.

So good luck to all of the parents out there (and everyone else of course!) And I'm always happy to hear from anyone who wants to talk about what it's like having kids while being a doctoral student so feel free to message me! It has been VERY stressful trying to do this Match as a parent, but it's worth it to get to be the mother of two amazing humans. And actually, sites have been wonderfully supportive of me being a parent. I disclosed this in one of my essays because it's a huge part of my identity and I got lots of interviews and met lots of other parents (interns and staff) along the way. As it turns out, it's totally acceptable to be a human with a life outside of our doctoral programs. Go figure. :zip:(I don't know what this dancing monkey means but I like it).

It's so awesome to hear that sites have been supportive of you and your family; one of my friends did not feel as supported by the staff at her internship when they asked her about her 5 year plan and she mentioned having a family along with completing her degree & getting licensed. Like, what do you expect a woman in her late 20s to say?? Sure, maybe the TD is nervous that my friend might become pregnant during the internship year, which may be a distraction, but so freakin' what? Many women have completed their internships pregnant/with children.

You, as well as others on this journey with children, are such an inspiration to me! I have no idea how I would complete my degree with children.

It's so awesome to hear that sites have been supportive of you and your family; one of my friends did not feel as supported by the staff at her internship when they asked her about her 5 year plan and she mentioned having a family along with completing her degree & getting licensed. Like, what do you expect a woman in her late 20s to say?? Sure, maybe the TD is nervous that my friend might become pregnant during the internship year, which may be a distraction, but so freakin' what? Many women have completed their internships pregnant/with children.

You, as well as others on this journey with children, are such an inspiration to me! I have no idea how I would complete my degree with children.
Ah thanks Bella. I certainly have had to make some sacrifices during my training because of my kids. (Well I guess I shouldn't say I HAD to but rather I CHOSE to). I chose not to do a practicum or teach when my kids were infants and I chose never to work at night so I'd be home to put them to bed. So that limited me somewhat and added time to my program but I chose to do it because it worked best for where I was in my life. Unfortunately, many people still look down upon women who choose to have children AND a career. Sad but true. :(

As for the new cover letter requirement, perhaps applicants requested it because those who chose to only apply to a few Phase II sites (based on fit, perceived success, etc.) felt they were at a disadvantage to individuals who applied essentially everywhere? And/or they worried that the reduced application requirements and subsequent heightened number of applications per site led to their own applications not being reviewed very thoroughly?

I can see where you're coming from, though it doesn't match up with my particular experience. In my case, I only applied to 3 sites in Phase II and tailored my cover letters (knowing sites weren't expecting that) since I had time. I got the feeling that tailoring my letters moved me to the "top of the pile" in applications, probably helping me get at least one interview that I wouldn't have had if expectations/behaviors were different (i.e., if everyone tailored their letters), along with another that I think I was a good fit for (but wasn't allowed to rank by my program :mad:). So maybe other applicants who applied to only a few sites in Phase II didn't tailor their letters and felt like they got shafted when sites were flooded with generic apps but, for me, the tailoring requirement/expectation this year just means my application(s) in Phase II will be facing stiffer competition, not necessarily less competitors. Who knows, though? :p

Hi For anyone who has participated in Phase 2. Can you tell me a little bit about how the went for you. I am little bit confused.

For example, Lets say I apply to five programs who have unfilled positions in phase 2. How would I go about ranking these programs, are interviews required for this phase? or do I rank the programs that I applied to during Phase 2.

I am hoping that I match at phase 1. But I just would like a better understanding of how it works just in case I have to apply during Phase 2.

Thanks

I don't understand exactly what you're asking but here's my attempt to answer. :)

Phase II is like Phase I with fewer sites and a shortened timeline for all parts (i.e., applying, interviews, submitting ranks, matching or not). So if a site has positions available in Phase II, you apply just like you did in Phase I. Say you apply to five programs and each has one open position. Then each of those sites chooses to interview you or not. One difference between Phase I and Phase II is that sites in Phase II do not have to notify you if they are not interviewing you. You just don't hear from them. So if a site chooses to interview you, they contact you by email or phone and set up an interview in whatever medium you agree on (e.g., phone, in person). (Maybe some sites choose not to do interviews but the sites that I applied to did conduct Phase II interviews last year.) You have your interview(s). Then you submit a rank list just like you did in Phase I but for the programs that you applied to in Phase II. Then, on Phase II match day, you find out if you matched to a program or if you didn't. After Phase II, any sites that still have open positions accept applications like regular jobs do. Also, some positions are posted over the spring and summer and you apply to those like regular jobs, too.

Hope this helps!

...sites have been wonderfully supportive of me being a parent. I disclosed this in one of my essays because it's a huge part of my identity and I got lots of interviews and met lots of other parents (interns and staff) along the way. As it turns out, it's totally acceptable to be a human with a life outside of our doctoral programs. Go figure. :zip:(I don't know what this dancing monkey means but I like it).

I'm glad to hear there are sites that are family-friendly. Unfortunately most of the sites I considered did not outwardly give a 'family-friendly' vibe (academic medical centers/consortiums/VA hospitals), though a couple of them did.

I am happy to say that my internship site (VA/consortium) was family-friendly insofar as they encouraged us to find a balance between our personal and professional lives. We were encouraged to take a 'mental health' day if needed. In our intern class, 3 (or 4?) of the 7 interns had young children, and our faculty were all pretty understanding of family needs. One intern had his first child at the start of internship, so he took off a lot of time up front, though he covered for us later in the year. Another intern needed some flexibility because of family stuff, and that was worked out too. I was one of two neuro-focused interns....so we both frequently worked late and took home work, but that was by choice...mostly. :D

I particularly like the work that PCSAS has been doing to create an independent, rigorous accreditation system which emphasizes the need for a recognition that clinical psychology education must be based on psychological clinical science.

Can you start a new thread about this...as I'd like to hear more about it...but I don't want to derail this thread, as I'd probably get a lot of anxiety-related hate mail. :D

Yes, you're right. I should have been more specific in my post. It would have been more accurate to have said "apparently it's acceptable to be a human and have a life outside of our doctoral programs according to many university counseling centers." :)

I'm glad to hear there are sites that are family-friendly. Unfortunately most of the sites I considered did not outwardly give a 'family-friendly' vibe (academic medical centers/consortiums/VA hospitals), though a couple of them did.

I am happy to say that my internship site (VA/consortium) was family-friendly insofar as they encouraged us to find a balance between our personal and professional lives. We were encouraged to take a 'mental health' day if needed. In our intern class, 3 (or 4?) of the 7 interns had young children, and our faculty were all pretty understanding of family needs. One intern had his first child at the start of internship, so he took off a lot of time up front, though he covered for us later in the year. Another intern needed some flexibility because of family stuff, and that was worked out too. I was one of two neuro-focused interns....so we both frequently worked late and took home work, but that was by choice...mostly. :D

Can you start a new thread about this...as I'd like to hear more about it...but I don't want to derail this thread, as I'd probably get a lot of anxiety-related hate mail. :D

Done and done!

Part of me is anxious bc I think I wont match, another part is anxious because I might match to sites I don't really want to go to. Sigh. I've been battling nausea and inability to sleep on and off for weeks now. These next 36 hours are going to be intense.

I've got a countdown timer on my computer and right now it says 44 hours and 30 minutes until I know where (hopefully not if!) I match! woohoo!!

Good luck all :)

Countdown timer, great idea!! Just downloaded one myself. This waiting is getting harder every day, I'm just getting worn out by it. Here's hoping we all get to celebrate Friday!! :luck:

Countdown timer, great idea!! Just downloaded one myself. This waiting is getting harder every day, I'm just getting worn out by it. Here's hoping we all get to celebrate Friday!! :luck:

I would download one of these, but I've been counting down in my head every 15 minutes or so :laugh:. (Only little more than 34.75 hours to go, max!)

Ooh, you guys are already into the hour countdown... thanks for giving me another way to be neurotic, lol. 30 more hours. Wooooo! I feel like I should just try to either be drunk or sleep for the remaining thirty hours... haven't decided which. :p

Ooh, you guys are already into the hour countdown... thanks for giving me another way to be neurotic, lol. 30 more hours. Wooooo! I feel like I should just try to either be drunk or sleep for the remaining thirty hours... haven't decided which. :p

I vote drunk :D. Happy Match Eve, everyone!

I vote drunk :D. Happy Match Eve, everyone!

I can't believe the day before is FINALLY here! Good luck distracting today... I know I won't be sleeping much tonight. And best of luck to everyone when the results come in tomorrow. We'll all be okay, no matter what the results are :)

So I was making today's 'to-do' list to keep myself busy with productive things, then I changed my mind and made a new list filled with sanity-saving activities...
-Read for pleasure
-Get a pedicure
-Go to yoga class
-Take a long bath
-Clean the house (this is therapeutic for me)

I can't believe the day before is FINALLY here! Good luck distracting today... I know I won't be sleeping much tonight. And best of luck to everyone when the results come in tomorrow. We'll all be okay, no matter what the results are :)

I agree. No matter what happens things will work out. So best of luck, all! I think that this thread has been so great to vent my anxieties and I appreciate everyone who has been a part of it. :D

Now to find ways to keep myself pleasantly distracted until the big moment tomorrow morning.

We'll all be okay, no matter what the results are :)

It is so important to keep this in mind, even if numbed by disappointment. In the current circumstances, even an outcome that is hugely frustrating, hurtful, or expensive individually is actually not "personal"--that is directed at you because of who you are as a person. It is a painful statistical outcome in the present professional environment (which you did not create but did choose to join) and you may be forced to cope/radically accept the circumstances and see where they lead. You may suffer tomorrow (or be joyful)--but in either case You will get through it.

So I was making today's 'to-do' list to keep myself busy with productive things, then I changed my mind and made a new list filled with sanity-saving activities...
-Read for pleasure
-Get a pedicure
-Go to yoga class
-Take a long bath
-Clean the house (this is therapeutic for me)

Sounds lovely! I just spent a quality hour at The Container Store and bought some boxes and storage bags for organizing my office and (when I get to them) other areas of the house. I knew I had no chance of being remotely productive today with activities requiring thinking and concentration, so I'm shifting to home organizing activities instead - things I always put off for work, but more enjoyable than stressing. Stress is inevitable but I'm hoping to find some relief in an organized environment.

I think someone asked about posting here tomorrow about matching - is that the plan? I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's news.

I hope I can sleep tonight, finally was able to get a good night's sleep last night. I think I was just exhausted from the strain. Less than 24 hours left!!! Good luck everyone!! :highfive:

...you may be forced to cope/radically accept the circumstances and see where they lead.

You sound like a fellow DBTer. I, for one, am using opposite-to-emotion to distract from mindful attempts at increasing my willingness for radical acceptance. I'm sure that could go on a diary card somewhere :thumbup:.

I've been waiting weeks to be at the point where these lyrics fit the situation.

Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go I wanna be sedated
Nothin' to do and no where to go-o-oh I wanna be sedated
Just get me to the airport put me on a plane
Hurry hurry hurry before I go insane
I can't control my fingers I can't control my brain
Oh no no no no no
Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go....
Just put me in a wheelchair, get me on a plane
Hurry hurry hurry before I go insane
I can't control my fingers I can't control my brain
Oh no no no no no
Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go I wanna be sedated
Nothin' to do and no where to go-o-o I wanna be sedated
Just put me in a wheelchair get me to the show
Hurry hurry hurry before I go loco
I can't control my fingers I can't control my toes
Oh no no no no no
Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go...
Just put me in a wheelchair...
Ba-ba-bamp-ba ba-ba-ba-bamp-ba I wanna be sedated

Love it, terrybug! Now that's going to be stuck in my head all day! I'm gonna have to go find my Ramones!

As a little bit of institutional memory, I was wondering if anyone who's not directly involved in the match tomorrow (e.g., people who matched last year) could post the sites available in Phase II in this thread. It'll make it easy for people next year to look at the sites that didn't fill all their positions in Phase I and not have to rely on an exceptional individual to save them independently for almost a year. I think it'll be better for someone not directly involved to do it because people who don't match will have more pressing things to do with the list than repost it and no one knows if they're going to match, so someone outside the process doing it would probably be less stressful for everyone. But yeah, if anyone (involved or not) wants to volunteer to do that, please do. :)

(I am not volunteering, haha, I know that I don't know if I'll match or not so I'm not up for the added responsibility.)

Good luck everyone! :luck:

Does anyone want to set up a match notification list (kind of like the one that listed Interview/Rejections)????

Anyone interested ;-)

it may be interesting to find out if some of us are at the same place

Good Luck to you all tomorrow. I will be in your shoes in a little over a week.

Will the Phase II sites be listed on the APPIC website or are they listed on the match site? I can post them tomorrow since I'm not doing APPIC.

So how many of you are browsing this topic while at practicum?

I really should be working on a report, but with something like 16-20 hours until I know whether or not I match (at this point, I'd be very happy with any of the three sites I ranked), the idea of working productively has gone right out the window.

So how many of you are browsing this topic while at practicum?

I really should be working on a report, but with something like 16-20 hours until I know whether or not I match (at this point, I'd be very happy with any of the three sites I ranked), the idea of working productively has gone right out the window.

Haha, I'm not now but I remember being at practicum last year on the day before match day. My clients showed up that afternoon so I didn't have much time to surf the web. It was pretty tough because I had applied for internship there and my supervisors were the TD and a training faculty member. :p I was glad that I didn't match there, though, and didn't reapply there this year. Super good luck to everyone! :luck: