-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012 APPIC Internship Application Thread
Started by PerhapsMaybeOk
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Finally, I can post something. Mass e-mail invitation from Kaiser Permanentep-San Diego. Yippeee!!! Rejection from Casa Pacifica (via-personalized email) Booooh!!!
Just got a non-personalized rejection from University of Illinois at Chicago
Same here. At least it was expected.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Today was quiet for me. No invites or rejections... Here's hoping for some good news for everyone tomorrow!
Same here. At least it was expected.
No surprise for me, as well. Seems like they could have sent it sooner.
I haven't heard anything yet. At all. And I'm not really supposed to have heard anything yet (counseling centers). Although it does look like somebody heard from University of Delaware Counseling Center. Either way, I feel so NEUROTIC. 
Good luck to all who have heard things so far. I hope your interviews go swimmingly!
Good luck to all who have heard things so far. I hope your interviews go swimmingly!
.
Last edited:
Someone from my program received an email rejection from FSU counseling center.
I received mass email rejection UM/Jackson.
Hi,
For the mass email from UM/Jackson....was it for a specific track?
Only 1 interview invite for me so far, but at least no rejections as of yet. It's already listed (without details), but my interview invite was from U of Louisville School of Medicine, it was a personalized email and communication with the secretary there in the process of scheduling revealed that they have already offered all of their interview slots. Hope that's at least somewhat helpful.
Anyone else have a sense their will be a lot of responses from sites tomorrow with it being December 1st? Or is that just wishful thinking? 😀
Probably wishful thinking, but I'm engaging in it too! I have one site on my list that says they let you know Dec. 1st, so I should at least hear from 1. Fingers crossed for good news for us tomorrow!
One day, we will start getting notified via text message.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ha! Funny you should say that because I get so anxious whenever I check my phone/email (as we all are) that when I saw I had a text message earlier this evening, my first thought was, "Oooh is that a site?"...One day, we will start getting notified via text message.
Rejection from Children's Hospital of Michigan, Pediatric Track, after I emailed them to check on my status (earlier they sent a confirmation of application receipt that said notification by Thanksgiving). The TD said he had been sending out rejections at about 10 per day so that he could keep it manageable.
I'm keeping positive thoughts streaming out to all of us tortured applicants--May we ALL get great news tomorrow!
I'm keeping positive thoughts streaming out to all of us tortured applicants--May we ALL get great news tomorrow!
One day, we will start getting notified via text message.
I know someone who got notified of their acceptance to college via text this year, so even though you were probably half joking...you're probably right! 😳
Interview invites were sent out late tonight (late for me) for Children's Hospital of Orange County, via a "personalized" email.
Interview dates are 1/5, 1/6, 1/10, 1/12, 1/16, 1/20
Interview dates are 1/5, 1/6, 1/10, 1/12, 1/16, 1/20
I know I saw that LSU health sciences Adult track went out but has anyone heard about the other two tracks? Thanks.![]()
Hi all,
I received a rejection from LSU today 🙁 It was a personalized email. I applied to both the adult and adult/child tracks.
Lexington VA sent out a mass email for rejections yesterday afternoon...bummer...that was my top choice out of the VAs I applied to....but I did receive an interview at the Institute for Human Adjustment (U of Michigan) so that softened the blow a bit.
Hi all,
I received a rejection from LSU today 🙁 It was a personalized email. I applied to both the adult and adult/child tracks.
A friend received an email from them yesterday, which I believe was a day after LSU HSC was first added to the list; seems like they're doing rolling notifications, at least to an extent.
Sorry to hear about your news, but there's still plenty of time for more positive responses I'm sure.
Good morning SDNers! Hope everyone has a wonderful day and gets news from many sites! Only a couple more weeks of this waiting!
I know some rejections have gone out for the Baltimore VA, but has anyone actually received an interview yet?
Heard from Boston Consortium. Everyone must be trying to grab certain interview dates because the line is busy... I live here though, so I can afford to be flexible.
Heard from Boston Consortium. Everyone must be trying to grab certain interview dates because the line is busy... I live here though, so I can afford to be flexible.
Hey Huxwell: Congrats to you and Sike2012 on Boston Consortium!I know some rejections have gone out for the Baltimore VA, but has anyone actually received an interview yet?
Heard from Boston Consortium. Everyone must be trying to grab certain interview dates because the line is busy... I live here though, so I can afford to be flexible.
Did you also apply to the child track from the Boston Consortium? Or did you apply for a different track? Was the mass-email track specific?
Got interview invites to both this a.m. 🙂
I just received an email invite to interview at FCC Butner. For those of you still waiting to hear from them, I think they sent out interviews in waves last year.
Hey Huxwell: Congrats to you and Sike2012 on Boston Consortium!
Did you also apply to the child track from the Boston Consortium? Or did you apply for a different track? Was the mass-email track specific?
Thanks! After a couple rejections from the Ivys, it's nice to know that the VAs still love me. I applied to the National Center for PTSD Behavioral Sciences and General Mental Health- being interviewed for both. It seemed like a mass email, but it was personalized for the tracks I was applying to.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys! I got an email invite to interview at the Boston Consortium. Congrats to the others above who did as well! The line was busy for me too...I just left a message. I'm so pleased-this site is one of my top choices! 😀
Hey Huxwell: Congrats to you and Sike2012 on Boston Consortium!
Did you also apply to the child track from the Boston Consortium? Or did you apply for a different track? Was the mass-email track specific?
I know this was addressed to Huxwell, but just FYI, my email specified the two tracks to which I applied, so in that sense, it was personalized.
Got a Boston invite as well! Did those who received invites understand that scheduling of January interviews is supposed to be postponed until next week? I keep re-reading that part and freaking out that all will be gone if I don't call now!
Hi. Got a mass email for the Boston Consortium about 30 minutes ago for the neuro track. I think others posted about the child tracks but looks like they are doing multiple tracks. At least it wasn't the need more time to revew email. I was curious when it said Boston Consortium Greetings though. Best of luck to all and keep hoping the best🙂
Just got what seems to be a mass e-mail from UM/Jackson Memorial for an interview 🙂
Is anyone who received a Boston Consortium invite NOT in the NE/New England area? It's probably just wishful thinking, but I'm hoping they are scheduling local Dec interviews first!
I got the Boston Consort invite (applied for Inpatient) mass email, and I'm at the Univ of Kansas (originally from the midwest as well).
Congrats to those who got interviews at Boston Consortium! That site definitely looks awesome. Does anyone know if they are rolling out invites or if all invites were going out this morning? 😎 Trying to be hopeful (used to work there and loved it) but sounds like they sent out tons of invites this morning.
I got the Boston Consort invite (applied for Inpatient) mass email, and I'm at the Univ of Kansas (originally from the midwest as well).
Thanks for your reply. Congrats on the invite!
Received Boston Consortium invite for the neuropsych track!
Are you waiting to call on Jan 8th to schedule the interview for January?I got the Boston Consort invite (applied for Inpatient) mass email, and I'm at the Univ of Kansas (originally from the midwest as well).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an invitation also. I am waiting until Dec 8th to schedule for the January dates. It is hard to wait..Got a Boston invite as well! Did those who received invites understand that scheduling of January interviews is supposed to be postponed until next week? I keep re-reading that part and freaking out that all will be gone if I don't call now!
Thanks! After a couple rejections from the Ivys, it's nice to know that the VAs still love me. I applied to the National Center for PTSD Behavioral Sciences and General Mental Health- being interviewed for both. It seemed like a mass email, but it was personalized for the tracks I was applying to.
Has anyone heard back about Boston Consortium's PTSD Women's Health Sciences Division?
Just got a personalized email invite for VAMHCS/UMB Psychology Internship Consortium. I applied to Trauma and Health tracks.
I left a message to schedule my interview date in Jan for the Boston Consortium, then saw they asked people to wait until Dec 8th to schedule for Jan. Goshdratit! I hope they don't think I can't read 😛
Oh, and I am interviewing with the Women's Health Sciences Division.
Oh, and I am interviewing with the Women's Health Sciences Division.
Last edited:
did it say to call next wed btwn 8 and 11? Wondering if all interviewees were asked to call at the same time... I got one too!Just got what seems to be a mass e-mail from UM/Jackson Memorial for an interview 🙂
Just received a mass email rejection (Dear Applicant) for Johns Hopkins University Counseling Center.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 234
- Replies
- 11
- Views
- 9K