-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012 APPIC Internship Application Thread
Started by PerhapsMaybeOk
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
As MCParent & Jon Snow noted...great applicants can not match and have it still work out in the end. I didn't match in my first go-around either. Best of luck to everyone.
EVERYONE should take 30 seconds and sign the Occupy The Imbalance petition: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/psychology-internship
EVERYONE should take 30 seconds and sign the Occupy The Imbalance petition: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/psychology-internship
I think we should also add that 40 hours week should be enforced. How can we finish our dissertation working like crazy...?
I don't know that I'd absolutely mandate a 40-hour work week, as that (perhaps sadly) doesn't seem to be the standard in the field at nearly any level of training. However, I'd definitely suggest that internship sites be strongly encouraged to actually focus on training and education rather than essentially using interns as workhorses to churn out reports with minimal-to-no direct feedback and instruction.
I can say that last year, the reputation of a few programs for having a workhorse-type mentality/atmosphere definitely affected their places on my rankings list.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As MCParent & Jon Snow noted...great applicants can not match and have it still work out in the end. I didn't match in my first go-around either. Best of luck to everyone.
EVERYONE should take 30 seconds and sign the Occupy The Imbalance petition: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/psychology-internship
+1. I essentially lucked out and landed a spot in my first go 'round last year, but I know of many equally-qualified and skilled students who did not. Additionally, at least a few of the training directors I interviewed with for postdocs this year mentioned that they hadn't matched during their first attempt. In most cases, it's a systemic problem rather than an individualistic one.
I matched to my 5th choice. I would have ranked this as my 2nd choice except that their accreditation is tenuous at the moment, but I will cross my fingers and hope for the best. I am just thankful to have matched.
I am so sorry to those of you who got bad news in your inboxes this morning, and congratulations to everyone who matched. Thank god this is over!
I am so sorry to those of you who got bad news in your inboxes this morning, and congratulations to everyone who matched. Thank god this is over!
Thanks all for your support! I really appreciate it. I'm still tearing up throughout the day, but my boyfriend took the day off, took me to breakfast, and we are watching some Rifftrax to take my mind off of it for a little while.
I'm hopeful there are some sites in Phase 2 (only 46 APA/CPA approved, ouch!) that are good fit. We'll see, but am seriously considering just taking another year if there aren't.
Good luck to us Phase 2ers and congratulations to all who have matched!
I'm hopeful there are some sites in Phase 2 (only 46 APA/CPA approved, ouch!) that are good fit. We'll see, but am seriously considering just taking another year if there aren't.
Good luck to us Phase 2ers and congratulations to all who have matched!
Wow, 1041 applicants for 222 spots.
http://www.appic.org/Match/MatchStatistics/MatchStatistics2012PhaseI.aspx
I think it's actually closer to 1500 that are eligible to compete for the 222 spots. because while 1041 were left unmatched there were 426 people that withdrew from phase 1.
I was one of the unmatched so here's to hoping I can get one of those 222! 🙂 Good Luck to everyone in phase 2, I know it's difficult but we'll be ok!
Congrats to everyone that matched!!!
If you count the people who withdrew from the Match in the total number of applicants, you get a match rate of 67%. 1 in 3 people who registered for the Match didn't match. 

1 in 3!!! That is so F***** up!!! That pisses me off. 

got my 4th choice, and am psyched 🙂 . It wasn't my first choice city, but was certainly my favorite or second favorite neuropsych program.
My 5 interviews were all at ivy / top tier university hospitals. In the future, do you think it would be wise to recommend people apply to a greater variety of programs? I feel lucky to have placed anywhere at all, considering the high caliber of everyone I met on interviews. It was the same people I saw interviewing at these spots over and over, and there are only so many spots to go around...
I got my 4th choice, also. I looked at the match data and it looks like the chance of matching further down your list is increasing?
MATCH RESULTS BY RANK NUMBER ON APPLICANT'S LIST
(PERCENTAGES MAY NOT TOTAL TO 100 DUE TO ROUNDING ERRORS)
Rank
Number of Applicants
1
1,344
(45%)
2
632
(21%)
3
369
(12%)
4
250
( 8%)
5
123
( 4%)
6
97
( 3%)
7
49
( 2%)
8
43
( 1%)
9
25
( 1%)
10 or higher
36
( 1%)
Total
2,968
(100%)
I think it's actually closer to 1500 that are eligible to compete for the 222 spots. because while 1041 were left unmatched there were 426 people that withdrew from phase 1.
Oh, you're so right. Why is APPIC minimizing the problem? (Yes, I am blaming the presentation of the stats rather than my misunderstanding of them.)
There are a few sites that I'll apply to in Phase II but they're either adult focused or not accredited. Ohhhhhh well. Good luck, everyone, again!

Looking at the Phase 2 list, I see that Wright-Patterson AFB has an open slot. I highly recommend that individuals look into this. The Air Force has amazing training opportunities if you're willing to commit to internship plus 3 more years. I matched to an AF internship and would be happy to discuss it if you have questions.
Yeah, I did the math the same way. Wrong, wrong. wrong.If you count the people who withdrew from the Match in the total number of applicants, you get a match rate of 67%. 1 in 3 people who registered for the Match didn't match.![]()
To those of you going into Phase II, keep the faith! Two from my program found stellar matches there last year. I did not, but I used the year to breathe, defend, and strengthen my app for this year. It sucks, but it will be okay. Hard to hear or believe today, I know.
Sending you all good vibes.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My thoughts are with those of you who didn't match. My own program had a few people not match and they were very, very strong applicants.
And for those of you who did, congratulations!
And for those of you who did, congratulations!
I started a discussion on the 2012 stats here. I didn't want to bog down this thread with it, but I think it is a worthwhile discussion.
The most impactful stat I've extrapolated from the released 2012 APPIC Match data: 52.2%
That is the % of registered applicants who successfully matched (Phase I) to an APA-acred internship site.
The most impactful stat I've extrapolated from the released 2012 APPIC Match data: 52.2%
That is the % of registered applicants who successfully matched (Phase I) to an APA-acred internship site.
I think it's actually closer to 1500 that are eligible to compete for the 222 spots. because while 1041 were left unmatched there were 426 people that withdrew from phase 1.
I was one of the unmatched so here's to hoping I can get one of those 222! 🙂 Good Luck to everyone in phase 2, I know it's difficult but we'll be ok!
Congrats to everyone that matched!!!
Great point....because all 426 of those applicants originally intended on trying to match. There will be a few who did it for other reasons (e.g. family issue, dissertation problem, etc), but most did it because they didn't have sites to rank.
If you count the people who withdrew from the Match in the total number of applicants, you get a match rate of 67%. 1 in 3 people who registered for the Match didn't match.![]()
Scary.
Some great sites in Phase 2! Good luck to us all 🙂
Agreed. Just glancing through the list on my phone, I saw UNC, Duke, Miami VA, Brown (this seems to be a recurring trend, as I believe they had phase II spots in 2011 and 2010 also), Baylor, and UCSF, among others.
I started a discussion on the 2012 stats here. I didn't want to bog down this thread with it, but I think it is a worthwhile discussion.
The most impactful stat I've extrapolated from the released 2012 APPIC Match data: 52.2%
That is the % of registered applicants who successfully matched (Phase I) to an APA-acred internship site.
That is extremely close to my program's matched percentage this year, as it happens. Huge disaster for the program (which screwed me last year). I feel pretty great about it, even though I didn't match. Schadenfreude still feels good. 😛
Agreed. Just glancing through the list on my phone, I saw UNC, Duke, Miami VA, Brown (this seems to be a recurring trend, as I believe they had phase II spots in 2011 and 2010 also), Baylor, and UCSF, among others.
Duke and Baylor were both in Phase II last year as well though I'm not sure if it's the same tracks (I haven't looked at the list yet)
Duke and Baylor were both in Phase II last year as well though I'm not sure if it's the same tracks (I haven't looked at the list yet)
Good catch. I wonder if it's due to them ranking exceedingly low numbers of applicants per spot coupled with the fact that their interviewees are simultaneously being ranked highly by large numbers of other programs...?
Agreed. Just glancing through the list on my phone, I saw UNC, Duke, Miami VA, Brown (this seems to be a recurring trend, as I believe they had phase II spots in 2011 and 2010 also), Baylor, and UCSF, among others.
Is the Brown spot a "research track" spot? I've heard through the grapevine that one of their research tracks is often left unfilled because they interview very few people for that particular slot. I don't know if this is true for all of their research tracks, however.
Good catch. I wonder if it's due to them ranking exceedingly low numbers of applicants per spot coupled with the fact that their interviewees are simultaneously being ranked highly by large numbers of other programs...?
I just checked the list and I think (if I'm recalling correctly) that Brown and Duke have the same positions going unfilled for at least two years in a row. Baylor's opening this year in Phase 2 is definitely not the one that was open last year.
Is the Brown spot a "research track" spot? I've heard through the grapevine that one of their research tracks is often left unfilled because they interview very few people for that particular slot. I don't know if this is true for all of their research tracks, however.
It is the research spot, yep. As you mention, I believe that's the same one that was unfilled after Phase I last year.
I matched to my number one site! I'm excited and a little scared, because it requires relocating and my husband has to find a new job. Otherwise, I can't complain.
I'm so sorry for those who received disappointing results this morning. This process is just so crazy and unfair, as I know we have all been discussing on here for months. I really hope that you are able to find something great in Phase 2. My heart just goes out to you :-(
I'm so sorry for those who received disappointing results this morning. This process is just so crazy and unfair, as I know we have all been discussing on here for months. I really hope that you are able to find something great in Phase 2. My heart just goes out to you :-(
we are a step closer to being real psychologists!
Not quite. I seem to be stuck pretty hard on this step. Did someone turn the escalator off?
Congrats
and good luck!
1 in 3!!! That is so F***** up!!! That pisses me off.![]()
Yup, me too😡 What's worse is being one of the 1500 applying for the 40something APA sites left unmatched-and having 0 of them meet your training/career goals. 😱 the system sucks

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yup, me too😡 What's worse is being one of the 1500 applying for the 40something APA sites left unmatched-and having 0 of them meet your training/career goals. 😱 the system sucks![]()
You get the Best Use of Smilies Award for the day. 😍
Looks like there are 6 VA spots left out there for you folks dead set on getting a VA internship. Good, I guess..until you realize you are one of at least a few hundred (out of the 1000 unmatched) that dead set on that dream.
Last edited:
Looks like there are 6 VA spots left out there for you folks dead set on getting a VA internship. Good, I guess..until you relaize you are one of at least a couple hundred (out of the 1000 unmatched) that dead set on that dream.
*out of the 1500 unmatched (include the ones who withdrew because they may be back)
Totally ridiculous.
Hey there everyone! I withdrew from the match when the time came not because I didn't have any sites to rank (I got two interviews) but because I realized that the system was deeply broken and felt that removing myself from it was the most ethical choice I could make, particularly as I have support from a local psychologist in attempting to build a local internship that will eventually apply to become accredited. So basically I thought it would be better to try to get another internship going as a way to address the problem in a small way. That said, I am enraged at the fact that 1 in 3 applicants did not match this year! Small steps like the one I took will not be sufficient. WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO ABOUT THIS?!?! If you're interested in working for change to this broken system I encourage you to check out the Occupy the Imbalance facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/223654767715768/. Let's come together to fight this injustice!
I'd like to echo the congratulations for those who did match and I send all my luck to those who have yet to match.
I am one of the lucky ones (yes, I do think luck has a lot to do with it) who did match and have a question...has anyone else not heard from the site to which you matched? My understanding is that the sites should call all the students who matched at their site between 11 and 1. It's almost 2! Should I call/email my site or is that not necessary?
I am one of the lucky ones (yes, I do think luck has a lot to do with it) who did match and have a question...has anyone else not heard from the site to which you matched? My understanding is that the sites should call all the students who matched at their site between 11 and 1. It's almost 2! Should I call/email my site or is that not necessary?
You get the Best Use of Smilies Award for the day. 😍
Ah, geee, I'd like to dedicate this award to. . . all the other applicants who are as outraged and jacked by the system as many of us who posted today. AND, specifically, to the poor banana who was seriously injured during my rant- wish I could use one of those disclaimers (e.g., "no bananas were hurt by the filming. . . .") but that poor guy just bit the dust.
I'd like to echo the congratulations for those who did match and I send all my luck to those who have yet to match.
I am one of the lucky ones (yes, I do think luck has a lot to do with it) who did match and have a question...has anyone else not heard from the site to which you matched? My understanding is that the sites should call all the students who matched at their site between 11 and 1. It's almost 2! Should I call/email my site or is that not necessary?
My future training director called around 12, I would say to contact them. Just to say you are excited for the upcoming year and such.
dharmapsy - I am so sorry to hear your outcome, I wish you the best of luck with whatever choices you make for the future.
Now we wait for all the people who think petitioning will help change the imbalance. These of course will be cued by the discussion of professional schools versus funded university programs. I can see on some list-serves this old discussion going already.
My thoughts are with those of you who didn't match. My own program had a few people not match and they were very, very strong applicants.
And for those of you who did, congratulations!
Well said and likewise from me! Hang in there and good luck in Phase II.

Last edited:
Now we wait for all the people who think petitioning will help change the imbalance. These of course will be cued by the discussion of professional schools versus funded university programs. I can see on some list-serves this old discussion going already.
What are your ideas? I assume "complaining about initiatives others are taking" isn't going to do much to stop the imbalance either.
It's really easy to be a part of a whiny culture of "no, that won't work." It's a lot harder to step up and actually do something.
Hey there everyone! I withdrew from the match when the time came not because I didn't have any sites to rank (I got two interviews) but because I realized that the system was deeply broken and felt that removing myself from it was the most ethical choice I could make, particularly as I have support from a local psychologist in attempting to build a local internship that will eventually apply to become accredited. So basically I thought it would be better to try to get another internship going as a way to address the problem in a small way
What a bold and unselfish move to make! Kudos to you

I matched and am so relieved to finally be done with this process, as this was my 2nd time applying. I'm also thrilled about my site and location, Utah Valley University, in Orem, UT.
Congratulations to everybody who matched; I hope your internship year is productive and rewarding! To those who didn't match, I wish you the best in Match 2, or, any other goals you decide to pursue

Phase II Sites
ALABAMA
HUNTSVILLE
PSYCH AND COUNSELING ASSOC., PC
195211 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
ARIZONA
PHOENIX
SOUTHWEST BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SVS
203511 - ROTATION PROGRAM
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
TEMPE
ARIZONA PSYCH TRAINING CONSORT
115841 - GATEHOUSE ACADEMY
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY
110911 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
CALIFORNIA
FREMONT
PORTIA BELL HUME BEHAV HEALTH
153411 - BEHAVIORAL CONSULTATION SVS
153413 - PARTIAL HOSPITALIZATION PROGRAM
153414 - AC CLINIC / COMMUNITY SVS
153415 - AC CALWORKS FAMILIES / ECMHS
153416 - COCO O.P. - CONCORD & PITTSBURG
153417 - PREVENTION
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
FULLERTON
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIV-FULLERTON
218711 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member NO
APA:No
LOS ANGELES
INST MULTICULTURAL COUNS&ED SVS
214111 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
LOS ANGELES CNTY DEPT MENTL HLTH
113011 - COMMUNITY - CORRECTIONAL TRACK
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
PASADENA
PACIFIC CLINICS
114815 - ASIAN PACIFIC FAM CTR-CHILD/ADLT
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
RIVERSIDE
UNIV OF CALIFORNIA - RIVERSIDE
172612 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
SAN FRANCISCO
U CALIF-SAN FRANCISCO/CLIN PSYCH
115515 - PS&M - SUPPL
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
SAN RAFAEL
MARIN COUNTY HEALTH & HUMAN SVS
192714 - PGSP-DCMH SMI
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
TARZANA
TARZANA TREATMENT CENTERS
201912 - YOUTH TRACK
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
COLORADO
AURORA
UNIV OF COLORADO SCHOOL OF MED.
117512 - JFK DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
WHEAT RIDGE
JEFFERSON CTR FOR MENTAL HEALTH
218011 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? NO
APA:No
CONNECTICUT
STAMFORD
CHILD GUIDANCE CTR S CONNECTICUT
160511 - CHILD & ADOLESCENT INTERNSHIP
160512 - EARLY INTERVENTION INTERNSHIP
160513 - CRISIS & VICTIMIZATION
Yes
APA:No
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
WASHINGTON
SAINT ELIZABETHS HOSPITAL
118811 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
FLORIDA
CORAL GABLES
NEUROBEHAVIORAL INSTIT. OF MIAMI
210811 - CLINICAL NEUROPSYCHOLOGY INTERN
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
FT. LAUDERDALE
NOVA S.EASTERN U CTR PSYCH STUDY
120413 - BROWARD SHERRIFS OFFICE
120415 - CHRYSALIS CENTER
120417 - HENDERSON BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
120421 - MEMORIAL REGIONAL HOSP - MEDICAL
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
KISSIMMEE
PARK PLACE BEHAVIORAL HEALTHCARE
120811 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
MIAMI
MIAMI-DADE CNTY COMM ACTION & HS
121611 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
VA MEDICAL CENTER MIAMI
122015 - PSYCHIATRY
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
ORLANDO
ORLANDO VETERANS ADMIN MED CTR
222111 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIc Member? NO
APA:No
CPA:No
GEORGIA
ATLANTA
GEORGIA TECH COUNSELING CENTER
201211 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
CPA:No
HAWAII
HONOLULU
ARGOSY UNIVERSITY - HAWAII
123911 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
ILLINOIS
CHICAGO
GATEWAY FOUNDATION PSYCHOLOGY
205611 - LAKE VILLA INTERNSHIP
205615 - AURORA ADULT INTERNSHIP
205616 - AURORA ADDICTIONS INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
ILLINOIS PSYCH ASSOC CONSORTIUM
215812 - ASSOC. BEHAVIORAL SCI-FULL TIME
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
LAKE MICHIGAN INTERNSHIP CONSORT
206213 - MACNEAL SCHOOL
206214 - ALAN JAFFE PSYD AND ASSOCIATES
206215 - ADA S. MCKINLEY CMH
206217 - DUPAGE CNTY DEPT PROB/COURT SVS
206219 - SMART LOVE FAMILY SERVICES
206220 - CHICAGO INSTIT PSYCHOANALYSIS
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
JOLIET
MIDAMERICAN PSYCH INSTITUTE, PC
220211 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? NO
APA:No
CPA:No
LAKE VILLA
ALLENDALE ASSOC/BRADLEY COUN CTR
127811 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
CPA:No
LOMBARD
DUPAGE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
166712 - ADULT TRACK
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
NORMAL
ILLINOIS SCHL PSYCH INT CONSORT
113226 - MAINE EAST HS
113227 - DEERFIELD/HP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
CPA:No
NORTHFIELD
PRIMARY CARE PSYCHOLOGY ASSOC.
220311 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member NO
APA:No
CPA:No
PALOS HEIGHTS
PALOS BEHAVIORAL HEALTH PROF
193911 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
SCHAUMBURG
NSIC INTERNSHIP CONSORTIUM
220011 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member NO
APA:No
CPA:No
INDIANA
ANDERSON
MADISON COUNTY COMMUNITY HLTH
222011 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member NO
APA:No
CPA:No
KANSAS
LARNED
LARNED STATE HOSPITAL
201511 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
KENTUCKY
JACKSON
KENTUCKY RIVER COMMUNITY CARE
218311 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
LAGRANGE
KENTUCKY DEPT. OF CORRECTIONS
214811 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
LOUISIANA
NEW ORLEANS
TULANE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MED
131712 - ADULT: BEHAVIORAL MEDICINE
131715 - PEDIATRIC CONSULTATION-LIAISON
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
CPA:No
MAINE
AUGUSTA
RIVERVIEW PSYCHIATRIC CENTER
209111 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
MARYLAND
CATONSVILLE
SPRING GROVE HOSPITAL CENTER
134911 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
CPA:No
MASSACHUSETTS
BOSTON
DANIELSEN INSTIT. AT BOSTON UNIV
132713 - DEDICATED INTERNSHIP(RESTRICTED)
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
CPA:No
CHELMSFORD
COMPREHENSIVE OUTPATIENT SVS INC
195812 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
SPRINGFIELD
COMMUNITY SERVICES INSTITUTE
205512 - BOSTON
205513 - SPRINGFIELD
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
MICHIGAN
CADILLAC
LIFE SKILLS PSYCHOLOGICAL SVS
218911 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? NO
APA:No
CPA:No
MINNESOTA
DULUTH
ARROWHEAD PSYCH CLINIC
209712 - GENERALIST - CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
EAGAN
MINNEAPOLIS/ST.PAUL METRO CONSRT
216012 - FRASER CHILD & FAMILY CENTER
216014 - RELATE COUNSELING CENTER
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
HIBBING
RANGE MENTAL HEALTH CENTER INC.
215311 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
MINNEAPOLIS
MINNEAPOLIS INTERNSHIP CONSORT
216111 - PARK AVENUE CENTER
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
NEW BRIGHTON
NYSTROM AND ASSOCIATES, LTD.
214411 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? NO
APA:No
CPA:No
SAINT PAUL
NATALIS COUNSEL & PSYCH SOLUTION
218511 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
MISSOURI
FULTON
FULTON STATE HOSPITAL
178311 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
CPA:No
SPRINGFIELD
HEART OF AMERICA PSYCH CONSORT
192512 - ROYAL OAKS HOSPITAL
192517 - GREENE COUNTY JAIL
192519 - PATHWAYS COMM BEHAV HLTHCARE INC
192520 - FAMILY PSYCHOLOGICAL CENTER
192522 - GREATER OZARKS RURAL PSYCH, LLC
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
ST. JOHN'S HEALTH SYS/MARIAN CTR
216211 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
ALABAMA
HUNTSVILLE
PSYCH AND COUNSELING ASSOC., PC
195211 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
ARIZONA
PHOENIX
SOUTHWEST BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SVS
203511 - ROTATION PROGRAM
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
TEMPE
ARIZONA PSYCH TRAINING CONSORT
115841 - GATEHOUSE ACADEMY
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY
110911 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
CALIFORNIA
FREMONT
PORTIA BELL HUME BEHAV HEALTH
153411 - BEHAVIORAL CONSULTATION SVS
153413 - PARTIAL HOSPITALIZATION PROGRAM
153414 - AC CLINIC / COMMUNITY SVS
153415 - AC CALWORKS FAMILIES / ECMHS
153416 - COCO O.P. - CONCORD & PITTSBURG
153417 - PREVENTION
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
FULLERTON
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIV-FULLERTON
218711 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member NO
APA:No
LOS ANGELES
INST MULTICULTURAL COUNS&ED SVS
214111 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
LOS ANGELES CNTY DEPT MENTL HLTH
113011 - COMMUNITY - CORRECTIONAL TRACK
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
PASADENA
PACIFIC CLINICS
114815 - ASIAN PACIFIC FAM CTR-CHILD/ADLT
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
RIVERSIDE
UNIV OF CALIFORNIA - RIVERSIDE
172612 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
SAN FRANCISCO
U CALIF-SAN FRANCISCO/CLIN PSYCH
115515 - PS&M - SUPPL
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
SAN RAFAEL
MARIN COUNTY HEALTH & HUMAN SVS
192714 - PGSP-DCMH SMI
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
TARZANA
TARZANA TREATMENT CENTERS
201912 - YOUTH TRACK
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
COLORADO
AURORA
UNIV OF COLORADO SCHOOL OF MED.
117512 - JFK DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
WHEAT RIDGE
JEFFERSON CTR FOR MENTAL HEALTH
218011 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? NO
APA:No
CONNECTICUT
STAMFORD
CHILD GUIDANCE CTR S CONNECTICUT
160511 - CHILD & ADOLESCENT INTERNSHIP
160512 - EARLY INTERVENTION INTERNSHIP
160513 - CRISIS & VICTIMIZATION
Yes
APA:No
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
WASHINGTON
SAINT ELIZABETHS HOSPITAL
118811 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
FLORIDA
CORAL GABLES
NEUROBEHAVIORAL INSTIT. OF MIAMI
210811 - CLINICAL NEUROPSYCHOLOGY INTERN
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
FT. LAUDERDALE
NOVA S.EASTERN U CTR PSYCH STUDY
120413 - BROWARD SHERRIFS OFFICE
120415 - CHRYSALIS CENTER
120417 - HENDERSON BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
120421 - MEMORIAL REGIONAL HOSP - MEDICAL
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
KISSIMMEE
PARK PLACE BEHAVIORAL HEALTHCARE
120811 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
MIAMI
MIAMI-DADE CNTY COMM ACTION & HS
121611 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
VA MEDICAL CENTER MIAMI
122015 - PSYCHIATRY
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
ORLANDO
ORLANDO VETERANS ADMIN MED CTR
222111 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIc Member? NO
APA:No
CPA:No
GEORGIA
ATLANTA
GEORGIA TECH COUNSELING CENTER
201211 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
CPA:No
HAWAII
HONOLULU
ARGOSY UNIVERSITY - HAWAII
123911 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
ILLINOIS
CHICAGO
GATEWAY FOUNDATION PSYCHOLOGY
205611 - LAKE VILLA INTERNSHIP
205615 - AURORA ADULT INTERNSHIP
205616 - AURORA ADDICTIONS INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
ILLINOIS PSYCH ASSOC CONSORTIUM
215812 - ASSOC. BEHAVIORAL SCI-FULL TIME
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
LAKE MICHIGAN INTERNSHIP CONSORT
206213 - MACNEAL SCHOOL
206214 - ALAN JAFFE PSYD AND ASSOCIATES
206215 - ADA S. MCKINLEY CMH
206217 - DUPAGE CNTY DEPT PROB/COURT SVS
206219 - SMART LOVE FAMILY SERVICES
206220 - CHICAGO INSTIT PSYCHOANALYSIS
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
JOLIET
MIDAMERICAN PSYCH INSTITUTE, PC
220211 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? NO
APA:No
CPA:No
LAKE VILLA
ALLENDALE ASSOC/BRADLEY COUN CTR
127811 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
CPA:No
LOMBARD
DUPAGE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
166712 - ADULT TRACK
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
NORMAL
ILLINOIS SCHL PSYCH INT CONSORT
113226 - MAINE EAST HS
113227 - DEERFIELD/HP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
CPA:No
NORTHFIELD
PRIMARY CARE PSYCHOLOGY ASSOC.
220311 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member NO
APA:No
CPA:No
PALOS HEIGHTS
PALOS BEHAVIORAL HEALTH PROF
193911 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
SCHAUMBURG
NSIC INTERNSHIP CONSORTIUM
220011 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member NO
APA:No
CPA:No
INDIANA
ANDERSON
MADISON COUNTY COMMUNITY HLTH
222011 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member NO
APA:No
CPA:No
KANSAS
LARNED
LARNED STATE HOSPITAL
201511 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
KENTUCKY
JACKSON
KENTUCKY RIVER COMMUNITY CARE
218311 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
LAGRANGE
KENTUCKY DEPT. OF CORRECTIONS
214811 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
LOUISIANA
NEW ORLEANS
TULANE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MED
131712 - ADULT: BEHAVIORAL MEDICINE
131715 - PEDIATRIC CONSULTATION-LIAISON
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
CPA:No
MAINE
AUGUSTA
RIVERVIEW PSYCHIATRIC CENTER
209111 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
MARYLAND
CATONSVILLE
SPRING GROVE HOSPITAL CENTER
134911 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
CPA:No
MASSACHUSETTS
BOSTON
DANIELSEN INSTIT. AT BOSTON UNIV
132713 - DEDICATED INTERNSHIP(RESTRICTED)
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
CPA:No
CHELMSFORD
COMPREHENSIVE OUTPATIENT SVS INC
195812 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
SPRINGFIELD
COMMUNITY SERVICES INSTITUTE
205512 - BOSTON
205513 - SPRINGFIELD
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
MICHIGAN
CADILLAC
LIFE SKILLS PSYCHOLOGICAL SVS
218911 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? NO
APA:No
CPA:No
MINNESOTA
DULUTH
ARROWHEAD PSYCH CLINIC
209712 - GENERALIST - CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
EAGAN
MINNEAPOLIS/ST.PAUL METRO CONSRT
216012 - FRASER CHILD & FAMILY CENTER
216014 - RELATE COUNSELING CENTER
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
HIBBING
RANGE MENTAL HEALTH CENTER INC.
215311 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
MINNEAPOLIS
MINNEAPOLIS INTERNSHIP CONSORT
216111 - PARK AVENUE CENTER
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
NEW BRIGHTON
NYSTROM AND ASSOCIATES, LTD.
214411 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? NO
APA:No
CPA:No
SAINT PAUL
NATALIS COUNSEL & PSYCH SOLUTION
218511 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
MISSOURI
FULTON
FULTON STATE HOSPITAL
178311 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
CPA:No
SPRINGFIELD
HEART OF AMERICA PSYCH CONSORT
192512 - ROYAL OAKS HOSPITAL
192517 - GREENE COUNTY JAIL
192519 - PATHWAYS COMM BEHAV HLTHCARE INC
192520 - FAMILY PSYCHOLOGICAL CENTER
192522 - GREATER OZARKS RURAL PSYCH, LLC
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
ST. JOHN'S HEALTH SYS/MARIAN CTR
216211 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
Phase II sites cont.
NEBRASKA
LINCOLN
PREMIER PSYCHIATRIC GROUP LLC
219111 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? NO
APA:No
CPA:No
NEW JERSEY
NEWARK
THE NEWARK PUBLIC SCHOOLS
209911 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
WOODBRIDGE
WOODBRIDGE DEVELOPMENTAL CENTER
199311 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
NEW MEXICO
LAS CRUCES
NEW MEXICO STATE UNIVERSITY
143811 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
NEW YORK
NEW YORK
HAMILTON-MADISON HOUSE, INC.
215711 - PSYCH INT-CHINESE SPEAKING REQD
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
THE SCHOOL AT COLUMBIA UNIV/CST
202211 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
ROCHESTER
UNIV OF ROCHESTER COUNSELING
149112 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERN (PART TIME)
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
CPA:No
YONKERS
ANDRUS CHILDREN'S CENTER
149812 - CHILD DAY TREATMENT/RESIDENTIAL
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
CPA:No
NORTH CAROLINA
CHAPEL HILL
U N.CAROLINA-CHAPEL HILL/COUNSEL
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
CPA:No
206311 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
DURHAM
DUKE UNIV MED - DEPT PSYCHIATRY
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
CPA:No
141320 - CHILD PSYCH - PEDIATRICS TRACK
NORTH DAKOTA
FARGO
SOUTHEAST HUMAN SERVICE CENTER
178911 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
CPA:No
OHIO
AKRON
OHIO PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
150015 - FORENSIC TRACK
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
CPA:No
BEREA
BEREA CHILDREN'S HOME & FAM SVS
205411 - ECMH & SCHOOL SERVICES
205416 - LORAIN & OPC
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
CPA:No
CLEVELAND
DAILY BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
211811 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
WRIGHT-PATTERSON
WRIGHT-PATTERSON USAF MED CENTER
151411 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
CPA:No
OREGON
NEWBERG
GEORGE FOX UNIVERSITY
219711 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
PENNSYLVANIA
EAST PETERSBURG
PENNSYLVANIA COUNSELING SERVICES
191313 - RENAISSANCE CROSSROADS TRACK
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
HARRISBURG
KEYSTONE CHILDREN & FAMILY SVS
219411 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? NO
APA:No
CPA:No
PHILADELPHIA
ASSESSMENT & TREATMENT ALTERNAT.
208211 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
CHESTNUT HILL COLLEGE INT CONSRT
218114 - GIRARD INPATIENT OUTPATIENT
218117 - NHS COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
FRIENDS HOSPITAL
153511 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
CPA:No
TORRANCE
TORRANCE STATE HOSPITAL
154611 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
VILLANOVA
DEVEREUX FOUNDATION
154815 - ADULT SERVICES
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
CPA:No
RHODE ISLAND
PROVIDENCE
ALPERT MED SCHOOL OF BROWN UNIV
155120 - MIDAS PROJECT CLINICAL/RESEARCH
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
CPA:No
SOUTH CAROLINA
COLUMBIA
W.J.B. DORN VA MEDICAL CENTER
217411 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
TEXAS
AUSTIN
TRAVIS COUNTY JUVENILE PROB DEPT
202911 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? NO
APA:No
CPA:No
EDINBURG
LONE STAR PSYCH RES CONSORTIUM
215914 - STATE HSP, SMI, ADULT, DBT
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
FARMERS BRANCH
GREATER SOUTHWEST CONSORTIUM
210711 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
HOUSTON
BAYLOR COLL MED-PSYCH & BHAV SCI
157721 - GERIATRIC MENT HLTH CARE/RSRCH
Yes
APA:Yes
CPA:No
UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON-CLEAR LAKE
218811 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? NO
APA:No
CPA:No
MEXIA
TEXAS DEPT AGING & DISABIL SVS
216711 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
SAN ANTONIO
BEXAR COUNTY JUVENILE PROBATION
194611 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
UTAH
CEDAR CITY
SOUTHERN UTAH UNIVERSITY
215411 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
VERMONT
BENNINGTON
SOUTHWESTERN VERMONT PSY CONSORT
201411 - NEURO FOCUS/GERONTOLOGY FOCUS
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
WHITE RIVER JCT.
VA MED CTR-WHITE RIVER JUNCTION
174111 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
CPA:No
VIRGINIA
ARLINGTON
MID-ATLANTIC INTERNSHIP CONSORT
201812 - LOUDOUN COUNTY MHC
201813 - WILLIAMSVILLE WELLNESS
201814 - ASSOCIATED CLINICAL SERVICES
201822 - INTERDYNAMICS
201828 - PRINCE WILLIAM FAMILY COUNSELING
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
HARRISONBURG
JAMES MADISON UNIV - COUNSELING
164911 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
CPA:No
JARRATT
GREENSVILLE CORRECTIONAL CENTER
221811 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? NO
APA:No
CPA:No
SPOTSYLVANIA
RAPPAHANNOCK AREA COMM SERV BRD
176211 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
VIRGINIA BEACH
CHRISTIAN PSYCHOTHERAPY SERVICES
139211 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
WASHINGTON
REDMOND
UNITED BACK CARE, INC.
221611 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? NO
APA:No
CPA:No
WENATCHEE
COLUMBIA VALLEY COMMUNITY HEALTH
212511 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
WEST VIRGINIA
BRUCETON MILLS
USP HAZELTON/FCI MORGANTOWN
212811 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
HUNTINGTON
MARSHALL UNIV/APPALACHIAN CONSRT
219914 - COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH
APPIC Member? NO
APA:No
CPA:No
WISCONSIN
WEST ALLIS
ROGERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
215111 - CADT/INPATIENT
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
WYOMING
SHERIDAN
SHERIDAN VA MEDICAL CENTER
221411 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? NO
APA:No
NEBRASKA
LINCOLN
PREMIER PSYCHIATRIC GROUP LLC
219111 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? NO
APA:No
CPA:No
NEW JERSEY
NEWARK
THE NEWARK PUBLIC SCHOOLS
209911 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
WOODBRIDGE
WOODBRIDGE DEVELOPMENTAL CENTER
199311 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
NEW MEXICO
LAS CRUCES
NEW MEXICO STATE UNIVERSITY
143811 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
NEW YORK
NEW YORK
HAMILTON-MADISON HOUSE, INC.
215711 - PSYCH INT-CHINESE SPEAKING REQD
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
THE SCHOOL AT COLUMBIA UNIV/CST
202211 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
ROCHESTER
UNIV OF ROCHESTER COUNSELING
149112 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERN (PART TIME)
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
CPA:No
YONKERS
ANDRUS CHILDREN'S CENTER
149812 - CHILD DAY TREATMENT/RESIDENTIAL
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
CPA:No
NORTH CAROLINA
CHAPEL HILL
U N.CAROLINA-CHAPEL HILL/COUNSEL
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
CPA:No
206311 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
DURHAM
DUKE UNIV MED - DEPT PSYCHIATRY
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
CPA:No
141320 - CHILD PSYCH - PEDIATRICS TRACK
NORTH DAKOTA
FARGO
SOUTHEAST HUMAN SERVICE CENTER
178911 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
CPA:No
OHIO
AKRON
OHIO PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
150015 - FORENSIC TRACK
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
CPA:No
BEREA
BEREA CHILDREN'S HOME & FAM SVS
205411 - ECMH & SCHOOL SERVICES
205416 - LORAIN & OPC
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
CPA:No
CLEVELAND
DAILY BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
211811 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
WRIGHT-PATTERSON
WRIGHT-PATTERSON USAF MED CENTER
151411 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
CPA:No
OREGON
NEWBERG
GEORGE FOX UNIVERSITY
219711 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
PENNSYLVANIA
EAST PETERSBURG
PENNSYLVANIA COUNSELING SERVICES
191313 - RENAISSANCE CROSSROADS TRACK
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
HARRISBURG
KEYSTONE CHILDREN & FAMILY SVS
219411 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? NO
APA:No
CPA:No
PHILADELPHIA
ASSESSMENT & TREATMENT ALTERNAT.
208211 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
CHESTNUT HILL COLLEGE INT CONSRT
218114 - GIRARD INPATIENT OUTPATIENT
218117 - NHS COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
FRIENDS HOSPITAL
153511 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
CPA:No
TORRANCE
TORRANCE STATE HOSPITAL
154611 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
VILLANOVA
DEVEREUX FOUNDATION
154815 - ADULT SERVICES
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
CPA:No
RHODE ISLAND
PROVIDENCE
ALPERT MED SCHOOL OF BROWN UNIV
155120 - MIDAS PROJECT CLINICAL/RESEARCH
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
CPA:No
SOUTH CAROLINA
COLUMBIA
W.J.B. DORN VA MEDICAL CENTER
217411 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
TEXAS
AUSTIN
TRAVIS COUNTY JUVENILE PROB DEPT
202911 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? NO
APA:No
CPA:No
EDINBURG
LONE STAR PSYCH RES CONSORTIUM
215914 - STATE HSP, SMI, ADULT, DBT
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
FARMERS BRANCH
GREATER SOUTHWEST CONSORTIUM
210711 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
HOUSTON
BAYLOR COLL MED-PSYCH & BHAV SCI
157721 - GERIATRIC MENT HLTH CARE/RSRCH
Yes
APA:Yes
CPA:No
UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON-CLEAR LAKE
218811 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? NO
APA:No
CPA:No
MEXIA
TEXAS DEPT AGING & DISABIL SVS
216711 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
SAN ANTONIO
BEXAR COUNTY JUVENILE PROBATION
194611 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
UTAH
CEDAR CITY
SOUTHERN UTAH UNIVERSITY
215411 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
VERMONT
BENNINGTON
SOUTHWESTERN VERMONT PSY CONSORT
201411 - NEURO FOCUS/GERONTOLOGY FOCUS
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
WHITE RIVER JCT.
VA MED CTR-WHITE RIVER JUNCTION
174111 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
CPA:No
VIRGINIA
ARLINGTON
MID-ATLANTIC INTERNSHIP CONSORT
201812 - LOUDOUN COUNTY MHC
201813 - WILLIAMSVILLE WELLNESS
201814 - ASSOCIATED CLINICAL SERVICES
201822 - INTERDYNAMICS
201828 - PRINCE WILLIAM FAMILY COUNSELING
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
HARRISONBURG
JAMES MADISON UNIV - COUNSELING
164911 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes
CPA:No
JARRATT
GREENSVILLE CORRECTIONAL CENTER
221811 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? NO
APA:No
CPA:No
SPOTSYLVANIA
RAPPAHANNOCK AREA COMM SERV BRD
176211 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
VIRGINIA BEACH
CHRISTIAN PSYCHOTHERAPY SERVICES
139211 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
WASHINGTON
REDMOND
UNITED BACK CARE, INC.
221611 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? NO
APA:No
CPA:No
WENATCHEE
COLUMBIA VALLEY COMMUNITY HEALTH
212511 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
WEST VIRGINIA
BRUCETON MILLS
USP HAZELTON/FCI MORGANTOWN
212811 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:No
HUNTINGTON
MARSHALL UNIV/APPALACHIAN CONSRT
219914 - COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH
APPIC Member? NO
APA:No
CPA:No
WISCONSIN
WEST ALLIS
ROGERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
215111 - CADT/INPATIENT
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
WYOMING
SHERIDAN
SHERIDAN VA MEDICAL CENTER
221411 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? NO
APA:No
CANADA
HAMILTON
HAMILTON HEALTH SCIENCES
183014 - CHILD PSYCHOLOGY (AUTISM)
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:Yes
KINGSTON
CORRECTIONAL SERVICE CANADA
185811 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? NO
APA:No
CPA:No
QUEEN'S UNIVERSITY
184811 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? NO
APA:No
CPA:No
LONDON
LONDON CLINICAL PSYCH RES CONSRT
181517 - COUNSELING TRACK
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:Yes
OTTAWA
UNIV OF OTTAWA-CTR FOR PSYCH SER
182717 - ADULT CLINICAL/SYSTEM
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:Yes
ST. JOHN'S
EASTERN HEALTH
186013 - CHILD AND ADOLESCENT STREAM
APPIC Member? NO
APA:No
CPA:No
TORONTO
UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO
185711 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? NO
APA:No
CPA:No
HAMILTON
HAMILTON HEALTH SCIENCES
183014 - CHILD PSYCHOLOGY (AUTISM)
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:Yes
KINGSTON
CORRECTIONAL SERVICE CANADA
185811 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? NO
APA:No
CPA:No
QUEEN'S UNIVERSITY
184811 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? NO
APA:No
CPA:No
LONDON
LONDON CLINICAL PSYCH RES CONSRT
181517 - COUNSELING TRACK
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:Yes
OTTAWA
UNIV OF OTTAWA-CTR FOR PSYCH SER
182717 - ADULT CLINICAL/SYSTEM
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No
CPA:Yes
ST. JOHN'S
EASTERN HEALTH
186013 - CHILD AND ADOLESCENT STREAM
APPIC Member? NO
APA:No
CPA:No
TORONTO
UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO
185711 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? NO
APA:No
CPA:No
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn't match, 2nd year in a row. I'll see what's available in Phase II, talk to the director of my program about my options, and maybe withdraw from school (not going through the internship application process again!).
Quynh, I'm shocked that you didn't match. Good luck with Phase II and beyond.
Don't give up; at least there is a match II
What a bold and unselfish move to make! Kudos to you
I matched and am so relieved to finally be done with this process, as this was my 2nd time applying. I'm also thrilled about my site and location, Utah Valley University, in Orem, UT.
Congratulations to everybody who matched; I hope your internship year is productive and rewarding! To those who didn't match, I wish you the best in Match 2, or, any other goals you decide to pursue![]()
I matched to my 5th choice, but I feel like this was actually the best place for me...strange.
I'm also relived to be moving forward in my second year of applying...congratulations to everyone who matched! I wish everyone in Phase 2 the best of luck. I hope we can all do something to fix this system.
Thanks, Romy, for posting that. It'll be very helpful for people next year. Good luck with CAPIC next week!
Thanks but I'm pretty sick of this. 😛 I called the state licensing board and discovered that I could probably get licensed as a non-psychologist with my MA in Clinical Psychology, with 2 years of full time supervised work, and by passing the test. If I had known that when I finished classes - or if I'd even known who to call to check - I could be licensed now.
(Not to mention 30-60k richer, as those jobs pay unlike practica.)(Not that I've attempted to get hours for this licensure, since finding out about the option.)
I'm probably applying to 3 programs (one adult oriented APA accredited program that I applied to in Phase I this year, one child/family APPIC member site that I applied to in Phase II last year but wasn't allowed to rank *insert virulent curses against my program's faculty here*, and one child/family APPIC member site near my husband's office that I haven't applied to before). If I get no interviews, that would be great. Clear signal that it is time to move on. If I get 1-3 interviews and the sites are okay, I still don't know if I'd be allowed to rank the 2 APPIC ones. If my program's faculty have a change of heart and allow me to "make my own" internship, that might be workable for me... But overall, I don't think I want to do this anymore.
I didn't get into psychology to be anyone's hero, for the glamourous lifestyle, or for the fame and riches but I did think I would, at some point, get some kind of positive recognition of my hard work for the field from someone I'm not related to. Hasn't happened. Haven't been paid for the majority of the services I've provided (most were practica). And even when I was paid and helped kids deal with trauma from sexual abuse, helped parents develop healthy relationships with their kids, or helped kids disclose suicidal ideation and/or hallucinations to their parents, I wasn't even paid half the hourly rate that my computer programming friends get for their freelance work setting up websites for companies, in their pajamas on their couches at home. Not a fan of psychologists right now.
*grumble grumble grumble*
How many sites are people who didn't match planning to apply to, if you've gotten that far yet?
Don't give up; at least there is a match II
Thanks but I'm pretty sick of this. 😛 I called the state licensing board and discovered that I could probably get licensed as a non-psychologist with my MA in Clinical Psychology, with 2 years of full time supervised work, and by passing the test. If I had known that when I finished classes - or if I'd even known who to call to check - I could be licensed now.
(Not to mention 30-60k richer, as those jobs pay unlike practica.)(Not that I've attempted to get hours for this licensure, since finding out about the option.)I'm probably applying to 3 programs (one adult oriented APA accredited program that I applied to in Phase I this year, one child/family APPIC member site that I applied to in Phase II last year but wasn't allowed to rank *insert virulent curses against my program's faculty here*, and one child/family APPIC member site near my husband's office that I haven't applied to before). If I get no interviews, that would be great. Clear signal that it is time to move on. If I get 1-3 interviews and the sites are okay, I still don't know if I'd be allowed to rank the 2 APPIC ones. If my program's faculty have a change of heart and allow me to "make my own" internship, that might be workable for me... But overall, I don't think I want to do this anymore.
I didn't get into psychology to be anyone's hero, for the glamourous lifestyle, or for the fame and riches but I did think I would, at some point, get some kind of positive recognition of my hard work for the field from someone I'm not related to. Hasn't happened. Haven't been paid for the majority of the services I've provided (most were practica). And even when I was paid and helped kids deal with trauma from sexual abuse, helped parents develop healthy relationships with their kids, or helped kids disclose suicidal ideation and/or hallucinations to their parents, I wasn't even paid half the hourly rate that my computer programming friends get for their freelance work setting up websites for companies, in their pajamas on their couches at home. Not a fan of psychologists right now.
*grumble grumble grumble*
How many sites are people who didn't match planning to apply to, if you've gotten that far yet?
Thanks, Romy, for posting that. It'll be very helpful for people next year. Good luck with CAPIC next week!
Thanks but I'm pretty sick of this. 😛 I called the state licensing board and discovered that I could probably get licensed as a non-psychologist with my MA in Clinical Psychology, with 2 years of full time supervised work, and by passing the test. If I had known that when I finished classes - or if I'd even known who to call to check - I could be licensed now.(Not to mention 30-60k richer, as those jobs pay unlike practica.)(Not that I've attempted to get hours for this licensure, since finding out about the option.)
I'm probably applying to 3 programs (one adult oriented APA accredited program that I applied to in Phase I this year, one child/family APPIC member site that I applied to in Phase II last year but wasn't allowed to rank *insert virulent curses against my program's faculty here*, and one child/family APPIC member site near my husband's office that I haven't applied to before). If I get no interviews, that would be great. Clear signal that it is time to move on. If I get 1-3 interviews and the sites are okay, I still don't know if I'd be allowed to rank the 2 APPIC ones. If my program's faculty have a change of heart and allow me to "make my own" internship, that might be workable for me... But overall, I don't think I want to do this anymore.
I didn't get into psychology to be anyone's hero, for the glamourous lifestyle, or for the fame and riches but I did think I would, at some point, get some kind of positive recognition of my hard work for the field from someone I'm not related to. Hasn't happened. Haven't been paid for the majority of the services I've provided (most were practica). And even when I was paid and helped kids deal with trauma from sexual abuse, helped parents develop healthy relationships with their kids, or helped kids disclose suicidal ideation and/or hallucinations to their parents, I wasn't even paid half the hourly rate that my computer programming friends get for their freelance work setting up websites for companies, in their pajamas on their couches at home. Not a fan of psychologists right now.
*grumble grumble grumble*
How many sites are people who didn't match planning to apply to, if you've gotten that far yet?
I definitely feel you right now. I remember getting to a point after I didn't match two years ago where I wanted to scream about how much work I'd done, how much money I'd lost, how many times I'd moved, how much sleep I'd lost, how much positive feedback I'd gotten-- and I still couldn't prove to the powers that be that I deserved to be a real psychologist.
I really hope your program cuts you some slack this year, especially after the stunt they pulled last year. Perhaps if they hear this is your last real push before you take a different route, they'll be more receptive.
But, seriously, it kills me that our profession pushes out good people this way. I don't blame you for thinking of different options at this point. It just frustrates me to no end that the system fails so hard that people do have to make decisions like this.
I definitely feel you right now. I remember getting to a point after I didn't match two years ago where I wanted to scream about how much work I'd done, how much money I'd lost, how many times I'd moved, how much sleep I'd lost, how much positive feedback I'd gotten-- and I still couldn't prove to the powers that be that I deserved to be a real psychologist.
I really hope your program cuts you some slack this year, especially after the stunt they pulled last year. Perhaps if they hear this is your last real push before you take a different route, they'll be more receptive.
But, seriously, it kills me that our profession pushes out good people this way. I don't blame you for thinking of different options at this point. It just frustrates me to no end that the system fails so hard that people do have to make decisions like this.
Yay, empathy! 😀 (Other fields may have money, fame, and appreciation but psychology has a good lead when it comes to empathy.)
Thanks, I already dropped the "I'm considering withdrawal" bomb on the program today. I think, though, that there is a serious case of groupthink going on with the faculty, so I don't believe my plans will have any kind of impact favorable to me. 👎 (I could be wrong. I mean, I expected there would be no problem with me ranking an APPIC site last year, so I've been wrong about their reasoning/logic/interests before.)
I wouldn't be a great/historical psychologist but I could help lots of people. I will help people some other way, is what it's looking like. Fine with me (I'll almost certainly make more money, 🙄 haha), sucks for the field/profession.
Chocolate covered fruit has been a great comfort to me thus far today and I am looking forward to Chinese food picking up the comfort slack tonight. 😛
It's tough to really consider walking away (I'm visualizing a totally different/new path in the woods 😛). I'll apply to these sites - probably tomorrow afternoon - and see what happens. I would like it to be out of my hands, I think...
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 184
- Replies
- 11
- Views
- 9K

Congratulations to everyone who matched. And my heart truly goes out to those who didn't.