2013-2014 Wake Forest Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Actually I just checked my status and it switched to "application is complete. interviews are by invitation between September and March." I didn't get an email about that status change, so I suggest checking your status regularly.

So that means they've finished reviewing my file. This is the "hold" status based on last year's thread, but they haven't sent out interviews yet. I believe they'll start sending out interviews this week. Hoping for a status change!

Oh awesome, thanks. Mine changed to application complete on Friday.. Do you have any idea how long it took them to review your file?

Members don't see this ad.

Oh awesome, thanks. Mine changed to application complete on Friday.. Do you have any idea how long it took them to review your file?

If I had to guess it probably changed on Thursday or Friday. Honestly I hadn't checked my status since the complete email on the 22nd. They really reviewed us fast! Guess we got in with the first batch of people.

Members don't see this ad :)
To check your status do you just log back into the secondary application or is there another link?

There is a status link sent in the initial (pre-secondary) email sent from Wake

My status just changed to, "Your application is complete. Interviews are by invitation from September to March. If you are invited, you will receive a e-mail or phone call to schedule an interview." (submitted 7/24).

I REALLY want an interview here!

My status just changed to, "Your application is complete. Interviews are by invitation from September to March. If you are invited, you will receive a e-mail or phone call to schedule an interview." (submitted 7/24).

When were you complete?

same here! submitted 7/25 complete 7/26

Actually I just checked my status and it switched to "application is complete. interviews are by invitation between September and March." I didn't get an email about that status change, so I suggest checking your status regularly.

So that means they've finished reviewing my file. This is the "hold" status based on last year's thread, but they haven't sent out interviews yet. I believe they'll start sending out interviews this week. Hoping for a status change!

Likely a stupid question, but I thought I'd ask because you seem pretty knowledgeable on WF admissions.

So does the hold status mean the typcal "you weren't good enough for interview yet, but not bad enough for a rejection so we are still thinking about you?"

Just wanted to check, its getting a bit crazy trying to keep up with all the status changes and what they mean for all these schools.

Thanks, and cheers. :thumbup:

Likely a stupid question, but I thought I'd ask because you seem pretty knowledgeable on WF admissions.

So does the hold status mean the typcal "you weren't good enough for interview yet, but not bad enough for a rejection so we are still thinking about you?"

Just wanted to check, its getting a bit crazy trying to keep up with all the status changes and what they mean for all these schools.

Thanks, and cheers. :thumbup:

Where have you seen a hold status? The person you quoted didn't seem to have anything in their status indicating a hold or even that their file had been reviewed...only that it was complete.

Members don't see this ad :)
Where have you seen a hold status? The person you quoted didn't seem to have anything in their status indicating a hold or even that their file had been reviewed...only that it was complete.

The status before the one OP mentions is something to the effect of, "your app is under review. It will take 1-2 weeks to complete the review."

It seems that typically, at a lot of schools, if you get this after being reviewed it is seen as a hold status. Since no II's have been given out yet, I think calling this a hold status is premature.

Yeah I just did some creeping on last years thread and there was no real consensus about it being a hold status. A lot of people who had that status ended up with an interview invite soon after. And since no ii's are out yet, I don't think there's much to worry about.

Basically there is no hold status. After your file has been reviewed everybody gets the "Application is complete. Interviews are by invitation between September and March."

The only other status is a change to an interview invite and they ask you to call to schedule. No way to know when or if you'll get an interview. I guess you can start to worry once people post "Interview Invite!!! So excited OMG!!!" and freak out that you've been passed over, but until then be patient.

Finally got around to submitting the secondary. Here's hoping!

Basically there is no hold status. After your file has been reviewed everybody gets the "Application is complete. Interviews are by invitation between September and March."

The only other status is a change to an interview invite and they ask you to call to schedule. No way to know when or if you'll get an interview. I guess you can start to worry once people post "Interview Invite!!! So excited OMG!!!" and freak out that you've been passed over, but until then be patient.

Okay awesome. Just got the complete status this morning. Hoping for an II!!!!! I just want ONE!

7/22 complete email.

Fingers crossed..

i have a question with the letters of eval section of the secondary.

i have a letter packet so i clicked that option. a box for evaluators name showed up. did you guys just put the name of the letter packet? I have 5 letters so i can't put all the names in that box

edit: i have a letter packet and a separate letter from my research advisor. is there any way i can designate both a letter packet and that letter?

Last edited:
Okay, so I'm more than a little delayed in posting the essay questions, but just figured the questions haven't been posted yet since the first post hasn't changed.

Last edited:
I just got the secondary link (the 2nd email/status), is there a big cut from the primary? Like how many people who complete/send in the secondary get ii?

I just got the secondary link (the 2nd email/status), is there a big cut from the primary? Like how many people who complete/send in the secondary get ii?

This question has been asked and addressed previously in the thread - You'll find the information you're looking for if you just read back a page or two.

This question has been asked and addressed previously in the thread - You'll find the information you're looking for if you just read back a page or two.

Ah nice! ~22% secondary completed get an ii, pretty good odds

"Your application is complete. Interviews are by invitation from September to March.* If you are invited, you will receive a e-mail or phone call to schedule an interview."

I think yesterday my status said something about it being complete and I would know in 1-2 weeks of a status change. What does this mean?

"Your application is complete. Interviews are by invitation from September to March.* If you are invited, you will receive a e-mail or phone call to schedule an interview."

I think yesterday my status said something about it being complete and I would know in 1-2 weeks of a status change. What does this mean?

No one really knows for sure. They haven't started sending II's yet.

They've finished reviewing your app. You'll either get an interview invite in the first batch, at a later date, or your status will never change until April when they tell you that you've been rejected. Welcome to the anxious waiting game!

Where can we check our status?

You should have gotten an email before you got the email inviting you to complete the secondary. The email says this:

Your application for the next entering class has been received from the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS). Our office will contact you when further information is required.

If you wish to see the status of your application, click on this URL (Please Note: this is NOT our Secondary Application, its only a link to check the status of your application):

[/B]

You should have gotten an email before you got the email inviting you to complete the secondary. The email says this:

Your application for the next entering class has been received from the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS). Our office will contact you when further information is required.

If you wish to see the status of your application, click on this URL (Please Note: this is NOT our Secondary Application, its only a link to check the status of your application):

[/B][/QUOTE] For some reason...secondary invite and being complete e-mails..

Interview invite!!! first one - so excited!

Submitted 7/26 and under review 7/31
OOS
average mcat, good gpa

Interview invite!!! first one - so excited!

Submitted 7/26 and under review 7/31
OOS
average mcat, good gpa

Congrats! We have very similar stats and submitted the same day so perhaps I will hear something good soon.

Congrats on the II's! Were these by email or status check?

Interviews start Sep. 3rd for anyone that's curious (my first day of class :thumbdown:). I scheduled for the 6th!

Received II! Scheduled for 9/9, complete 7/31

OOS II on September 13th! Complete 7/24.

I just realized I scheduled my interview on Friday the 13th. Here's to bucking superstition!

OOS II on September 13th! Complete 7/24.

I just realized I scheduled my interview on Friday the 13th. Here's to bucking superstition!

Congrats. Hoping for some good news in the near future.