2013 General Election -- The people have spoken.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So a few weeks ago was election day. I voted. I always do. Even in crappy years like 2013 when its just the school board and judges. Voting is fun. You can walk up to the polling station, tell all of the candidates standing at the door trying to sway your vote that they suck to their faces, go in, start accusing the poll workers of cheating, vote...start singing a song when voting, then leave and tell all of the asshats outside that you didn't vote for any of them. Its a good time.

But as far as the actual election itself, I actually really LIKED this year's election. The reason is because you don't just choose between people, you get to choose if you want to retain people. "Do I want to let Judge so and so retain is position as Circuit Judge of whatever...hmmm...I'll vote...NO!" You don't just hire people, you get to fire them, too. Its awesome. I loved it.

But, just as I do every election, I write myself in for like half of the positions. Yes, I voted for myself for President of the United States as a write in candidate. Why? I figured I'd do a better job running the country than any of the other dorks running. But this year...my wife was evil. She wrote me in too. And she posted it on the dastardly Facebook where other dinguses could read about it.

And what happened?

2sk6o.jpg

----------

I wonder if I can get off of work for this come election day.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Awesome! :clap::soexcited::highfive: Please clarify for those of us who know jack about state level bureaucracy. What does this position entail?

----------

Oh man, sucks to be you. No power at all, but get to drag your ass out of bed before sunrise to set up polling machines. They better pay good money for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, there goes the neighborhood. Time to move out of NW before it becomes the slums lol. If next years election process goes well, I will make sure to cast my retention vote.

So a few weeks ago was election day. I voted. I always do. Even in crappy years like 2013 when its just the school board and judges. Voting is fun. You can walk up to the polling station, tell all of the candidates standing at the door trying to sway your vote that they suck to their faces, go in, start accusing the poll workers of cheating, vote...start singing a song when voting, then leave and tell all of the asshats outside that you didn't vote for any of them. Its a good time.

But as far as the actual election itself, I actually really LIKED this year's election. The reason is because you don't just choose between people, you get to choose if you want to retain people. "Do I want to let Judge so and so retain is position as Circuit Judge of whatever...hmmm...I'll vote...NO!" You don't just hire people, you get to fire them, too. Its awesome. I loved it.

But, just as I do every election, I write myself in for like half of the positions. Yes, I voted for myself for President of the United States as a write in candidate. Why? I figured I'd do a better job running the country than any of the other dorks running. But this year...my wife was evil. She wrote me in too. And she posted it on the dastardly Facebook where other dinguses could read about it.

And what happened?

2sk6o.jpg

----------

Ok this is clearly post of the year material

Of all the positions to win... that's terrible. Couldn't you have gotten her to promote you as Town Crier, Public Executioner, Commissioner of the Posterior, etc?

Reactions: 1 user
I've been trying to figure out what my number is in succession to the presidency. I might have to send an inquiry to the state department.

Well, there goes the neighborhood. Time to move out of NW before it becomes the slums lol. If next years election process goes well, I will make sure to cast my retention vote.

Nobody leaves North Wales. Why would you want to move away from a beautiful, amazing place that has a Trader Joe's, Costco, Wegman's, Chipotle, and Whole Foods all on the same street? A food lover's delight this place. Even that weird Korean grocer where you can buy durians. If they had a Dave & Buster's it would literally be perfect. Plymouth Meeting is close enough, though.

Maybe I'll run for Montgomery Township boss/mayor/emperor/whatever. I could start up a new social media campaign where I go around giving really cheesy, but positive Youtube reviews of all of the local businesses and try to become an internet phenomenon like the Montgomery Flea Market guy. But in a way that would make the local hipster children want to visit Montgomeryville of all places.

"Pumpernicks french fries will make you reconsider everything about life. Religion, philosophy, your marriage, what NFL team you root for...everything. I'm not sure what witchcraft they use to concoct such beautiful crispy on the outside, fluffy on the outside sticks of golden brown perfection....but you can find it here...in Montgomery Township. I walked in an existential stoic atheist that rooted for the Steelers. Now I'm a married, Buddhist, disciple of Gurdjieff that roots for the Rams. Bless these fries. I'm coming back. Maybe next time I'll transform into a Scientologist and I'll get to meet John Travolta. One can only hope, viewers. Until then, this is councilman Mike, signing off. "

Hmmmmm....

Last edited:
Nobody leaves North Wales. Why would you want to move away from a beautiful, amazing place that has a Trader Joe's, Costco, Wegman's, Chipotle, and Whole Foods all on the same street? A food lover's delight this place. Even that weird Korean grocer where you can buy durians. If they had a Dave & Buster's it would literally be perfect. Plymouth Meeting is close enough, though.

Maybe I'll run for Montgomery Township boss/mayor/emperor/whatever. I could start up a new social media campaign where I go around giving really cheesy, but positive Youtube reviews of all of the local businesses and try to become an internet phenomenon like the Montgomery Flea Market guy. But in a way that would make the local hipster children want to visit Montgomeryville of all places.

"Pumpernicks french fries will make you reconsider everything about life. Religion, philosophy, your marriage, what NFL team you root for...everything. I'm not sure what witchcraft they use to concoct such beautiful crispy on the outside, fluffy on the outside sticks of golden brown perfection....but you can find it here...in Montgomery Township. I walked in an existential stoic atheist that rooted for the Steelers. Now I'm a married, Buddhist, disciple of Gurdjieff that roots for the Rams. Bless these fries. I'm coming back. Maybe next time I'll transform into a Scientologist and I'll get to meet John Travolta. One can only hope, viewers. Until then, this is councilman Mike, signing off. "

Hmmmmm....

I haven't been to Pumpernicks in years, didn't like it the first go around. Having lived here my entire life, it is getting way too overcrowded. Definitely prime real estate though. A lot of places to eat, but I still prefer to grab those special meals in Center City area. I bet I could guess which CVS you work at -- (is it near two gas stations and a Wawa?).

Thank you for the finals week entertainment.

Congratulations! Sometday, you may look back on this um, important-like office, as the first step to your becoming president of animal rescue, er I mean the US.