2014-2015 APPIC (internship) application thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I work at the VA in Fayetteville, AR and am excited to announce that we have a new internship program and are accepting applications for the 2015-2016 training year. Our NMS code is 233711. I had hoped to attach our program brochure here, but my VA computer isn't allowing me to do so, so I will try again from home. Here is some information about the program while you wait:

We will begin taking applications for our initial class of three interns, to begin in August of 2015, as soon as our information is posted to the APPIC site. We are participating in the APPIC Match this year through the National Matching Service, and our Match number is 233711. We will accept applications for phase I of the Match until December 8. We welcome applications from students in both clinical and counseling psychology doctoral programs. The internship brochure should be posted shortly at the “Jobs and Careers” section of the VHSO website http://www.fayettevillear.va.gov/careers/index.asp.
The internship is located at the VA Medical Center in Fayetteville, Arkansas. We will offer major rotations in the PTSD Clinical Team, Neuropsychology, and General Mental Health. We are genuinely excited about this new venture and have several licensed psychologists, some with previous faculty experience, who will be closely involved in training interns. Our goal is to run a high quality internship providing generalist training within a VA Mental Health service. As a new internship, we are not yet accredited. We realize this means students at some programs will not be able to apply. However, our program is designed to meet all criteria for accreditation by the APA Committee on Accreditation, and it is our intent to be accredited within three years. Further, because this is a VA internship, graduates from this program will be eligible to be hired as VA psychologists and to apply for VA postdocs despite our unaccredited status. The internship should also meet criteria for licensure in all states.

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone shed light on what it means for a site to be "accredited on contingency"

Is it safe to say these sites will be considered accredited? Would attesting one of these sites for internship hurt my postdoctoral applications?

Any thoughts or experience with this would be helpful. Thanks :)

Can anyone shed light on what it means for a site to be "accredited on contingency"

Is it safe to say these sites will be considered accredited? Would attesting one of these sites for internship hurt my postdoctoral applications?

Any thoughts or experience with this would be helpful. Thanks :)

http://www.apa.org/ed/accreditation/about/policies/operating-procedures.pdf

It's the process set up to help internship sites get accredited faster.

I could not find in that document or the G&P if full accreditation is retro all the way back to approval of the accredited, on contingency status or just to the full site visit. That would be the critical variable to find out. I don't know the answer so if anyone else sees it in the G&P that would be helpful.

Reactions: 1 user
http://www.apa.org/ed/accreditation/about/policies/operating-procedures.pdf

It's the process set up to help internship sites get accredited faster.

I could not find in that document or the G&P if full accreditation is retro all the way back to approval of the accredited, on contingency status or just to the full site visit. That would be the critical variable to find out. I don't know the answer so if anyone else sees it in the G&P that would be helpful.

Thanks for posting this.