2014-2015 DO Average MCAT and cGPA Spreadsheet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rkearl27

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Class size, OOS tuition and regional bias notes also included.
Its missing a few schools, some are new with no stats and others didn't seem to have them anywhere on the website. If you find/know any info (especially regional bias) please PM or whatever me and I'll add them right away! All data is from the 2015 College of Osteopathic Medical College Information Book and/or from the school websites except where otherwise noted. Hope this helps!!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hPjZH_JTJswXIyiYCNnkF5hR0Iyf4Upb1Gz_L2cklbk/edit?usp=sharing

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• DO 2014 Stats update.xlsx
    65.8 KB · Views: 2,115
Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
I love helpful people like you. <3

Also, from a CUSOM email within the past month: "The 2017 class averages: MCAT-26; Science GPA-3.48; Cumulative GPA-3.55. We do not have the 2018 class averages at this time, but we do anticipate that it will be higher than the first class."

I love helpful people like you. <3

Also, from a CUSOM email within the past month: "The 2017 class averages: MCAT-26; Science GPA-3.48; Cumulative GPA-3.55. We do not have the 2018 class averages at this time, but we do anticipate that it will be higher than the first class."
Thank you so much! I will add that right in!

Members don't see this ad :)
Class size, OOS tuition and regional bias notes also included.
Its missing a few schools, some are new with no stats and others didn't seem to have them anywhere on the website. If you find/know any info (especially regional bias) please PM or whatever me and I'll add them right away! All data is from the 2015 College of Osteopathic Medical College Information Book and/or from the school websites. Hope this helps!!

I'm on my phone so I'm not sure if it's showing up or not but Texas has a regional bias, 90% favoring instate applicants and 10% to out of state applicants.

According to this inforgraphic KCUMB posted on FB their sGPA is 3.61 and avg MCAT is 28

https://www.dropbox.com/s/16uc92c8ro2z6sv/1796817_708429402511793_395853609_o.jpg

I started working on a similar spreadsheet but... life got in the way. It has COMLEX 1 scores for some schools. GPA/MCAT but some are older than 3 years, OOS bias.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ko08octq66oabw9/Osteopathic Schools.xlsx

The COMLEX 1 scores are all over the place because I wasn't paying attention. Some graphs said "Class of ____" and others said "Test taking year ____". I accidentally combined the data from those 2 graphics for different schools.

I'll fix it when I get time.

Last edited:
Lincoln Memorial University-Debusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

LMU Grade Point Averages:
Mean Cumulative GPA 3.45
Mean Non-Science GPA 3.56
Mean Science GPA 3.36
Mean MCAT Composite Total 26-30
Regional Bias: OOS friendly, students committed to practice rural primary care
Class size: 243
2014-2015 tuition: $44,140.00

I do not believe LMU's composite average is anywhere near 26 to 30. The majority of the people who I've seen get into LMU have an Mcat around 22 to 24...

Last I heard LECOM stats were ~3.45/27 for PA and ~3.45/28 for FL, but good luck trying to find a published thing from them.

As for stuff like pass rates/COMLEX scores and matching:

http://lecom.edu/about.php/LECOM-COMLEX-pass-rates/49/2206/608/5746

Also if anyone notices like I did that the match numbers for 2013 don't add up, it seems they for some reason didn't label the number of AOA/military matches right (if you look at the natmatch stats, they add up right).

Lincoln Memorial University-Debusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

LMU Grade Point Averages:
Mean Cumulative GPA 3.45
Mean Non-Science GPA 3.56
Mean Science GPA 3.36
Mean MCAT Composite Total 26-30
Regional Bias: OOS friendly, students committed to practice rural primary care
Class size: 243
2014-2015 tuition: $44,140.00
Can you post the URL or link us to the place where you got these numbers? Thank you so much for your contribution!!!

Last I heard LECOM stats were ~3.45/27 for PA and ~3.45/28 for FL, but good luck trying to find a published thing from them.

As for stuff like pass rates/COMLEX scores and matching:

http://lecom.edu/about.php/LECOM-COMLEX-pass-rates/49/2206/608/5746

Also if anyone notices like I did that the match numbers for 2013 don't add up, it seems they for some reason didn't label the number of AOA/military matches right (if you look at the natmatch stats, they add up right).
I'll throw them in and just include a note that they aren't official official. Thanks!!

Is PNWU really a 28? I thought the website showed all of their averages each year were about a 26.

According to this inforgraphic KCUMB posted on FB their sGPA is 3.61 and avg MCAT is 28

https://www.dropbox.com/s/16uc92c8ro2z6sv/1796817_708429402511793_395853609_o.jpg

I started working on a similar spreadsheet but... life got in the way. It has COMLEX 1 scores for some schools. GPA/MCAT but some are older than 3 years, OOS bias.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ko08octq66oabw9/Osteopathic Schools.xlsx

The COMLEX 1 scores are all over the place because I wasn't paying attention. Some graphs said "Class of ____" and others said "Test taking year ____". I accidentally combined the data from those 2 graphics for different schools.

I'll fix it when I get time.
I will definitely take a look! Thanks :)
I got the KCUMB data from their current class profile page "http://www.kcumb.edu/academics/college-of-osteopathic-medicine/students-and-alumni/"

Members don't see this ad :)
Would be better if you made it a google spreadsheet also, that way people can easily access it online - without having to download. And that way changes can be made too(either by only yourself, or anyone) and be updated real-time.

Would be better if you made it a google spreadsheet also, that way people can easily access it online - without having to download. And that way changes can be made too(either by only yourself, or anyone) and be updated real-time.
I think I will make that available along with the spreadsheet. Thanks for the suggestion!
Also if people want to help, it would be awesome to get letters of rec. info on too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Do take note that any statistics schools release right now will be tenantive and will only go down as students flow to other schools or to MD schools leading to many of these schools with 28s to go down to 27s or so.

Do take note that any statistics schools release right now will be tenantive and will only go down as students flow to other schools or to MD schools leading to many of these schools with 28s to go down to 27s or so.
Good point but I believe these are stats from matriculated classes.

Good point but I believe these are stats from matriculated classes.

No one has matriculated this year officially. Just because they put a deposit down doesn't mean they will actually attend there.

No one has matriculated this year officially. Just because they put a deposit down doesn't mean they will actually attend there.
The only stats I saw were for past class profiles, nothing for 2018 class. If you want to double check each school, Im trying to include the URLs from where I got the information on sheet #2.

The only stats I saw were for past class profiles, nothing for 2018 class. If you want to double check each school, Im trying to include the URLs from where I got the information on sheet #2.

I see, my comment was in reference to the recent string of rising stats at schools that previously had much lower scores. You mentioned KCUMB having a 28, when in reality it's about a 27 this year ( Admissions told me this). Which will also likely go down a bit in the coming months when more movement occurs.

I see, my comment was in reference to the recent string of rising stats at schools that previously had much lower scores. You mentioned KCUMB having a 28, when in reality it's about a 27 this year ( Admissions told me this). Which will also likely go down a bit in the coming months when more movement occurs.

I was the one who said their MCAT might be a 28 because of that infographic. Unfortunately there is an asterisk next to the number but it doesn't mention why. Maybe that was the MCAT when it was made early in the cycle or an estimate.

Come at me bro.

tumblr_mzi7ktPV6s1r6jnjdo1_400.gif

I'll come at you with the force of .9 premeds in a row.

Can you post the URL or link us to the place where you got these numbers? Thank you so much for your contribution!!!

There is no official URL I can post here for LMU-DCOM. However, if you call the admissions yourself, these are the numbers they will tell you.

Source: DoctorSwoleMD and accepted students

I do not think Acom has alot of regional bias at least according to the school discussion thread on sdn.

Lol I sincerely doubt that. At this point there isn't a sea of waitlist opening up in the MD side to peg down an entire average point from a school.

Someone mentioned the average stats for MUCOM this year are 3.6/28

If that's true then I'm truly floored!

As I said earlier, they were selecting enormously based on stats. However because of that and the fact that stats like that essentially make you a shoe in for high tier DO and low tier MD they will inevitably see at least a point drop by a point.

Lol I sincerely doubt that. At this point there isn't a sea of waitlist opening up in the MD side to peg down an entire average point from a school.

I mean that happens every year. Waitlists lower the averages a lot because competitive people can get into many places but yet attend only one.

I mean that happens every year. Waitlists lower the averages a lot because competitive people can get into many places but yet attend only one.
You'll have to show me a source for that. An entire point from an average is losing a lot of students. I would be less skeptical if f we were talking about average 27.84 to 27.71.

You'll have to show me a source for that. An entire point from an average is losing a lot of students. I would be less skeptical if f we were talking about average 27.84 to 27.71.

The 32 to 30.1 average from the MD side isn't convincing enough? lol

Reality is that plenty of high stat students have multiple acceptances and over ~20% ( from the DO stat book) will go to MD schools. That's a pretty substantial loss.

The 32 to 30.1 average from the MD side isn't convincing enough? lol

Reality is that plenty of high stat students have multiple acceptances and over ~20% ( from the DO stat book) will go to MD schools. That's a pretty substantial loss.
When was this (for MD)? Is there a source?

Yes, 20% go MD from DO, but that's throughout the cycle.

Well shoot... I have been struggling with the last couple of schools on my list. I have like 10 schools that I feel good about applying to but then its like I am running out of schools to apply to because of regional bias or whatever. I am shooting to apply to 12 schools. I had OSU on there for a while before finding out that they have heavy in-state, then I had KCUMB, and they are only slightly better than OSU, so I added UNECOM instead and now I am hearing they are about as bad as both of those first two with regards to regional/in-state bias. Its quite a tough situation...

Here is my rough list. I am trying to stay on the east coast, or at least the mid-west if possible.

DMUCOM (Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine
PCOM (Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine)
CCOM (Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine)
MUCOM (Marian)
Virginia college of osteopathic medicine
ACOM (Alabama college of osteopathic medicine
KCUMB
NOVA
Rowan (jersey)
UNECOM (New England)
VCOM-CC
cambell university osteopathic (CUSOM)
WVSOM

I have a 3.6 gpa and 28 MCAT, so I am trying to get a reasonable list of schools that has a fair mix of reach, and "shoo-ins." Trying to get it down to 10-12 schools. I have been working and re-working my list for almost a year. But now that its coming down to the time to apply, I am struggling.

Someone mentioned the average stats for MUCOM this year are 3.6/28

If that's true then I'm truly floored!
Not sure why you are "floored" but the averages are always higher mid cycle before waitlists start moving.

Last year the avg was 3.48c 3.36s 26.5
3.4 c 3.50 s 26.0 for ACOM
and around the same for Campbell.

I assume all three of these will increase a bit this year. Science GPA is pretty low at MUCOM IMO.

MSAR Admitted v.s the Matriculate also can be sited in the grid.

Yah, I'm inclined to believe that many will be heading through waitlist spots.

I would say you're on point.

This year has been interesting. If you plotted average stats over time as a candlestick chart there is resistance at 3.6/28 for most established schools (lower GPA/higher MCAT for some schools). When you break that and treat it as a support it goes into the 3.7/30 region which is lower tier allopathic area.

I'm a nosy person so I've been asking acceptance applicants their stats. At places like CCOM, AZCOM, DMU and NOVA you're getting a bunch of these 3.7/30 guys. Heck go into the NOVA section right now and look at the applicants who just received a batch of rejections. Plently of people who would get into MD schools with 1 year of fine tuning their application.

Around this time of year is when they go from "OMM is the best thing since sliced bread" to "I think MD is just a better fit for me."

The 3.6/28 resistance is going to be a difficult barrier.

I would say the turn over might be higher this year.

Yeah they are ambiguous for sure. But there is a very heavy regional bias even with their confusing statement.

I don't remember why I quoted you. Sup?

Well shoot... I have been struggling with the last couple of schools on my list. I have like 10 schools that I feel good about applying to but then its like I am running out of schools to apply to because of regional bias or whatever. I am shooting to apply to 12 schools. I had OSU on there for a while before finding out that they have heavy in-state, then I had KCUMB, and they are only slightly better than OSU, so I added UNECOM instead and now I am hearing they are about as bad as both of those first two with regards to regional/in-state bias. Its quite a tough situation...

Here is my rough list. I am trying to stay on the east coast, or at least the mid-west if possible.

MUCOM (Marian)
KCUMB
NOVA
Rowan (jersey)
UNECOM (New England)
VCOM-CC
WVSOM

I have a 3.6 gpa and 28 MCAT, so I am trying to get a reasonable list of schools that has a fair mix of reach, and "shoo-ins." Trying to get it down to 10-12 schools. I have been working and re-working my list for almost a year. But now that its coming down to the time to apply, I am struggling.

Are you from that region? ROWAN = 88% IS.

Not sure why you are "floored" but the averages are always higher mid cycle before waitlists start moving.

Last year the avg was 3.48c 3.36s 26.5
3.4 c 3.50 s 26.0 for ACOM
and around the same for Campbell.

I assume all three of these will increase a bit this year. Science GPA is pretty low at MUCOM IMO.

3.5/26 and 3.6/28 are 2 different beasts and for a school that hasn't even graduated it's first class to hit 3.6/28 is quite an accomplishment at any point in the cycle.

ACOM, Campbell, and LMU are ~3.5/26. Western U and DMU are 3.6/28.

All I can say is regardless of where stats will end this year, the applications are getting more and more competitive.

Does anyone know which schools put a lot of emphasis on MCAT scores? Specifically schools where an MCAT of around 35 would be enough to make up for a 3.1 gpa. So far I have NOVA and MSUCOM, anyone know of any others?

Also just how religous is Marian?

Don't the Touro schools love high MCAT?

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know which schools put a lot of emphasis on MCAT scores? Specifically schools where an MCAT of around 35 would be enough to make up for a 3.1 gpa. So far I have NOVA and MSUCOM, anyone know of any others?

Touro-NY for sure

I have heard around sdn that its not really at all...

UNECOM doesn't really have that great of a bias. I think it is more self selection in the candidate pool- not many people outside of New England consider Stephen King territory desirable. If anyone is looking to apply from outside the region, your app will totally get fair consideration.

UNECOM doesn't really have that great of a bias. I think it is more self selection in the candidate pool- not many people outside of New England consider Stephen King territory desirable. If anyone is looking to apply from outside the region, your app will totally get fair consideration.
Awesome thanks a bunch. Yea I worked in Maine for a summer and I think I definitely want to end up practicing on the east coast, preferably at or north of the carolinas. Plus I could definitely see myself doing rural med, so UNECOM seems solid for me, who knows though. I will definitely keep it on the list, thanks.

MUCOM (Marian)
KCUMB
NOVA
Rowan (jersey)
UNECOM (New England)
VCOM-CC
WVSOM

When in doubt, add extra schools. 12 should be enough with your stats though. Where do you see yourself practicing? Some schools have a bias for students that want to do rural care, others primary care, etc. That might change your list up a bit.