2014-2015 Psychiatry Interview Reviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slappy

Neuropsychiatrist
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's almost October, and people are going to start interviewing soon. Use this thread to post your impressions of the programs as you go along, both for your and others' benefit. Collective wisdom is more beneficial than you might think! Check this thread for links to all previously posted reviews.

You can use this format as a guideline:

1. Ease Of Communication:
2. Accommodation & Food:
3. Interview Day (Schedule, Type Of Interview, Unusual Questions, Experiences):
4. Program Overview:
5. Faculty Achievements & Involvement:
6. Location & Lifestyle:
7. Salary & Benefits:
8. Program Strengths:
9. Potential Weaknesses:​

If you wish to post your reviews anonymously, you can send them to me via a personal conversation and I will post it.

Members don't see this ad.

My first interview is later this week. I'll try to write one after each interview, starting this week.

It's almost October, and people are going to start interviewing soon. Use this thread to post your impressions of the programs as you go along, both for your and others' benefit. Collective wisdom is more beneficial than you might think! Check this thread for links to all previously posted reviews.

You can use this format as a guideline:

1. Ease Of Communication:
2. Accommodation & Food:
3. Interview Day (Schedule, Type Of Interview, Unusual Questions, Experiences):
4. Program Overview:
5. Faculty Achievements & Involvement:
6. Location & Lifestyle:
7. Salary & Benefits:
8. Program Strengths:
9. Potential Weaknesses:​

If you wish to post your reviews anonymously, you can send them to me via a personal conversation and I will post it.

It seems some of the links in that thread are messed up. All the previous years' reviews I clicked on redirected to pre-allo threads.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll kick off this cycle! Sry I couldn't remember everything if there's any info missing...check their website for addn deets.

Michigan State University
1. Communication: Two coordinators, Becky and Carol. Sent invite by email, easy peasy scheduling, very responsive.

2. Accommodation & Food: 1 night stay at Towne Suite Marriott studio on campus provided by MSU with "continental breakfast". No dinner the night before, but residents take you out to lunch the day of interview at the State Room restaurant in the Kellogg Hotel which was nice.

3. Interview Day (Schedule, Type Of Interview, Unusual Questions, Experiences): Start day sitting in on morning report at the Adult Inpatient Unit at the St Lawrence campus, 2 applicants perday. Split up to go with one of the two teams of an attending, a senior, an intern and med student and sit in on a couple pt interviews. Go to the main campus Fee Hall for interview with PD, 1 faculty (can be psychiatry or psychology), Carol regarding scheduling during all 4 years and interview with program Chair. Got pretty standard questions from everyone (why psych, why here). Lunch at the State Hotel with two residents. Everyone was very laid back even though I got lost every time I had to drive to the next location and was not quite on time to all the interviews.

4. Program Overview: Very community psychiatry focused with emphasis on psychotherapy. Uses PRITE, 100% board pass rate. Majority of grads stay in MI, about half go on to fellowships. Residents do well on non-psych rotations. 1st year 5 months of inpt psych, 2 mths neuro (in and outpt), 2 mth IM, 2 mths FM (in and outpt), 1 mth peds (outpt), 1 mth ER, which is a little more non-psych than many programs but I think someone mentioned they need to help cover Sparrow Hospital. Starting 2nd yr, 1/2 day outpt continuity clinic. Didactics protected. They have many rural sites where students travel up to 1 hr to see patients. Very minimal call from home (rarely needs to come in), the schedule depends on how many residents are in the class. Typically 4 per class, largest is 7 with the current PGY4s class (they take call q 2-3mths). About half each class is filled with MSU students (both DO and MD as they have both). Everyone does a little "research project" but it's really only as extensive as you want it to be.

5. Faculty: PD is extremely approachable and did an excellent job selling the program tailored to my interests and past experiences. She graduated from MSU CAP herself and is very dedicated to the program. Other faculty and Chair also friendly, seemed happy with their jobs.

6. Location & Lifestyle: College campus in the middle of nowhere, Ann Arbor 1.5 hrs away and Detroit 2 hrs away. Within a short drive, there's plenty of outdoorsy things to do if you like that kind of stuff. Theme of the residency is "if you are tired then you are working too hard and we will change it." Lots of time available for study and reading. Fairly affordable place to live. Moonlighting available starting in 3rd year. Some classes seemed closer than others and will do biweekly hangouts.

7. Salary & Benefits: mid 40k? Can't remember lol was too hyped about my first interview to care about the cash

8. Program Strengths:Lots of outpt exposure early on. CAP fellowhsip. International rotation options. One of oldest telepsychiatry training sites. Bi weekly supervision with 2 different faculty starting in 2nd year. Residents matching to every fellowships possible. Great call schedule. It sounds like you can pretty much tailor the program to whatever you'd like to do and there is flexibility to pursue your fields of interests (teaching opportunities available, also OMM available for DOs).

9. Potential Weaknesses: No electives until 4th year, none if fast tracking to CAP. Weak CL rotation. No inpatient child unit. Lots of traveling amongst the campus and various community sites up to an hour away that will be not very fun in the winter. Lots of traveling for CAP fellowship (ex: inpt child done at University of Michigan).

Can you specify which links from which posts in that thread are redirecting wrong? I just checked a bunch of random links, and they all work fine.
Looks like pretty much all of them. Weird. On my desktop, it's fine. It's only wonky on my ipad.

Wonky on my ipad as well! I was hoping I wasn't the only one. So much easier to read this via the app but it's not working. R u using the sdn app on ipad also?

Reactions: 1 user
Bump! Anyone with reviews can feel free to message me if you want to put them up anonymously.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anonymous Review:

Stanford

1) The program coordinator is generally on top of things, but I was a bit annoyed with the fact that I was scheduled an interview <2 weeks from when I was initially invited. That was a bit of a hassle with respect to flight pricing. Otherwise no problems.

2) No accommodations provided, but there are plenty of places on Airbnb if you're willing to go off the beaten path. Hotels in the area are fairly expensive. There's a light continental breakfast when you arrive for the program overview by the assistant PD, and lunch - some sandwiches from what I presume was a local place - was just ok. The interview day is followed by a "happy hour" at a local bar which was surprisingly good. Having all of the EtOH paid for was also nice. But I must admit that I was exhausted at the end of the day, considering we started around 8:00 and didn't leave the happy hour until about 7:00 or so.

3) The day starts out with a one hour overview of the program by the assistant PD followed by a series of interviews. You also have a quick pastry snack with the program chairman, which was a nice touch. I don't remember exactly how many interviews there were, but they were all pretty conversational and friendly with the exception of the PD. He interviews everyone, and since the groups are somewhat large you're only given 15 minutes with him. He seemed somewhat disinterested and/or flat, and he didn't seem to have a great grip with respect to what was in my app. That was the only weird interview over the course of the day. Residents say he's very supportive and resident education-focused, so who knows what to make of it. I wasn't the only interviewee that had this kind of interaction with him, though.

4) In general the program is, as you might expect, fairly research heavy, though I did get the sense that clinical education and care is becoming more important. There's a required scholarly project type of component to the curriculum, and there's an opportunity to get involved with one of several tracks depending on your interests. Most of PGY-1 occurs at the VA and the main university hospital, which can be a bit of a pain as the VA is probably a 10-15 minute drive from the main university campus. PGY-2 is the inpatient psych year, PGY-3 the outpatient year, and PGY-4 largely electives. Overall the program seemed decent, but having had the opportunity to see a few other programs afterward, I was somewhat underwhelmed. You get the Stanford name, but apart from research I didn't get the sense that the program was particularly strong in anything. However, the residents were very happy and enjoying their time there, even the interns. I got the sense that the schedule was fairly light, even during intern year, compared to other programs.

5) The relatively new (<5 years I think) chairman of the department is fantastic - very personable and focused on broadening the strengths of the program vs. continuing to focus on the traditional strength of research. The other "big wigs" of the training program were also nice, even the PD despite what was said above.

6) The residents were very happy and "normal" overall and seemed to be enjoying their training. Palo Alto goes without saying as an absolutely awesome town, and the Bay Area is incredibly beautiful. However, those things come with a price, and most residents admitted to me that Palo Alto is essentially unaffordable on their salary unless you have significant income coming from elsewhere or live with other people. Most residents live in nearby cities/towns and commute, which didn't seem to be much of a problem. But there's lots to do in the area with plenty of access to outdoor stuff (hiking, cycling), great food, and cool boutique shops. It reminded me of a more wealthy Ann Arbor, for anyone that has spent time there.

7) Higher salary than most programs given the location (mid $60s for PGY-1), otherwise standard from what I can tell. One nice perk is that you get unlimited access to BART and the CalTrain (regional mass transit) included. You'd still need a car as mentioned below, but this could be extremely nice for taking a day trip up to SF or going to any of the nearby cities.

8) Research is the primary strength. If you're interested in psychodynamic work there's an institute in SF, but the relationship between the program and the institute didn't seem all that strong.

9) No particular weaknesses, but most other things other than research just seemed "ok." On the whole I think you would get good training there, but depending upon your interests it may not be the best place for you.

Anonymous Review:

Stanford

5) The relatively new (<5 years I think) chairman of the department is fantastic - very personable and focused on broadening the strengths of the program vs. continuing to focus on the traditional strength of research. The other "big wigs" of the training program were also nice, even the PD despite what was said above.

I know very little about this program, but I will say that I have been blown away by Dr Roberts (the new chair) every time I've met her. She is a real gem of an up-and-coming leader in academic psychiatry.

Have some down time this week b/c of holidays and trying to get a head start on compiling the nuts/bolts facts for residency comparisons, anyone been to MGH yet and able to fill me in a little bit on what their call/weekend schedule is? I think they are the only program that doesn't explicitly talk about this some on their website, which kind of gives me the "if you have to ask" vibe.

Are you interviewing? Folks seem much more inclined to help a brother out when that brother has demonstrated their willingness to help a brother out....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
Are you interviewing? Folks seem much more inclined to help a brother out when that brother has demonstrated their willingness to help a brother out....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't done much interviewing yet, but in my researching have seen that most programs are pretty good at outlining their call schedules on websites.
Some examples
Longwood's is under Resident Life tab : http://www.harvardlongwoodpsychiatry.org/residentlife/callschedule.html
Yale has it broken up by year with a whole paragraph explaining call each year : http://medicine.yale.edu/psychiatry/education/residency/training/clinical.aspx#page1

I think they are the only program that doesn't explicitly talk about this some on their website, which kind of gives me the "if you have to ask" vibe.

I agree that one interpretation is that they may have a very heavy call schedule. But include on your differential that this may indicate a narcissistic confidence that people will want to go there without having to know about piddly little things like the call schedule ;-) I interviewed there for fellowship and people were incredulous when I asked about salary and benefits (responding "Salary? Why would you make that part of your decision??").

I agree that one interpretation is that they may have a very heavy call schedule. But include on your differential that this may indicate a narcissistic confidence that people will want to go there without having to know about piddly little things like the call schedule ;-) I interviewed there for fellowship and people were incredulous when I asked about salary and benefits (responding "Salary? Why would you make that part of your decision??").

Haha, I havent even interviewed there yet and I'm already getting a huge narcissism vibe, first off they have a 2 day interview in the middle of the week! To make that even tougher to schedule they only had a very limited number of interview days. Then they are the only program Ive heard of who made a specific point in the emails that no spouses are welcome at the dinner. Guess when you are man's greatest hospital you dont have to worry about these sort of things.

Anonymous Review

U Chicago:
1) Great communication, though the e-mails from the program coordinator were filled with a surprising number of typos. If you're interviewing here, be sure to get there early as the room you meet in is somewhat difficult to get to if you're not used to the layout of the hospital.

2) No accommodations, but there are plenty of hotels in Chicago - both in Hyde Park on the south side (where the main hospital is) as well as downtown. Another option is the International House on campus, which offers rooms for the night at a fairly cheap rate (~$60/night). Light continental breakfast with coffee while going over the program with the PD and assistant PD followed by interviews and a tour. Lunch was from a local place which was very good, and dinner the night before was at a Thai place downtown which was awesome (EtOH included).

3) There were 4 interviews: 1 with the PD, 1 with the assistant PD, 1 with a chief resident, and 1 with another faculty member. All of them were very enjoyable, relaxed, and conversational. The interview day ended at roughly 3:00. Of note, you don't get the opportunity to tour the two other sites that you do rotations at: Mercy Hospital, which is just south of downtown, and Evanston Hospital, which is up in Evanston (the first suburb to the north of the city). You do get to tour the university's main hospital campus, which is where outpatient and CL work largely happens. The inpatient rotations are at the other sites.

4) This program gets a bad rep on SDN, but I think things are improving and I would have no problem with the actual training provided. Dr. Cooper, the assistant PD, is really interested in developing the program and is a great asset in my view. Dr. Spitz is nice enough and also seems very education-focused. Medicine and neurology are done during PGY-1 at the main hospital campus, and the psych inpatient rotations are at a mix of the other 3 hospitals, with CL done largely at UCMC and inpatient done at Mercy/Evanston. PGY-3 is the outpatient year, and PGY-4 is largely electives. There are a few strong researchers in the department, but this doesn't seem to be a particular focus despite the U of C's general reputation. The residents were very happy and overall had great things to say about the program. From my perspective, I think the primary weakness of the program is what is read between the lines: the fact that the main hospital campus doesn't have an inpatient unit. You get plenty of experiences at the other sites, so it's not the lack of experience that's a concern, but I think the lack of a unit at the main campus speaks volume about the institution's support - or lack thereof - of the department.

5) This is one of the great strengths from my perspective, as nearly all of the faculty are fantastic. The assistant PD is especially great, and the PD seems supportive and education-focused. All of the other faculty that I had the chance to meet and talk with were also great - both clinically and personally. I don't know too much about the chairman of the department.

6) The residents were very happy and, apart from the off-service rotations, seemed to have plenty of time for outside interests/family. Chicago is a great city if you're looking for the urban environment, and while the university isn't in downtown, the downtown area is easily accessible (~20 minute bus ride, less if driving). Most residents don't live in Hyde Park and, instead, live on the north side or in the West Loop. Note that despite the fact that excellent mass transit is available, you will almost certainly need a car here due to the distance between the different clinical sites. Mercy is about a 15-20 minute drive from the main campus, and Evanston is about an hour in no traffic. Theoretically you can take mass transit to these sites - there's an L stop right at Evanston Hospital - but it would likely take quite a while. I imagine this is also why many residents live in the downtown area/on the north side, as this is more or less right in the middle between the main campus and Evanston.

7) Decent salary ($50s), and certainly livable in Chicago if you're not going to live in Trump Tower. Benefits were otherwise pretty standard compared to other programs I've seen.

8) The faculty are the primary strength from my perspective. While there are relatively few dedicated researchers within the department, research is a traditional strength at U of C generally, and I don't think you would have any trouble getting involved in research if that was one of your interests.

9) Lack of an inpatient unit (see above) and distance between clinical sites. Not particularly strong therapy focus, but there's an institute in town if you want to pursue psychodynamic work yourself.

I know very little about this program, but I will say that I have been blown away by Dr Roberts (the new chair) every time I've met her. She is a real gem of an up-and-coming leader in academic psychiatry.
Agreed, although I'm not really sure I would call her "up and coming". She was chair at MCW for almost a decade and is editor of Academic Psychiatry. And she has a ton of "distinguished lifetime" type awards and is all over AAP.

But I agree she is a peach. Warm, friendly, approachable. I'm a big fan.

Have some down time this week b/c of holidays and trying to get a head start on compiling the nuts/bolts facts for residency comparisons, anyone been to MGH yet and able to fill me in a little bit on what their call/weekend schedule is? I think they are the only program that doesn't explicitly talk about this some on their website, which kind of gives me the "if you have to ask" vibe.

Actually, many programs don't list their call/weekend schedule on the website.

University of Texas Health Science Center - San Antonio (UTHSCSA)

1. Communication was good. My interview date was scheduled within a week and the admins were helpful with finding accomodations.

2. None provided. Dinner the night before was sparsely attended. Residents appeared tired and some discussed a recent internal investigation lowering morale when their concerns were dismissed. That's when the red flags started.

3/4. Most of the day went as planned on the schedule. This is a joint civilian and military program, so I interviewed with men and women in uniform as well. There are sites at the military medical center, county hospital, VA, university mental health, and likely more I've forgotten. Some residents complained about the bureaucracies at each site and inefficiencies. More senior residents praised the range of experiences.

The interviews were generally conversational, and spanned 2 hours with 4 faculty. During the lunch with more residents, I asked about the internal investigation but didn't get a straight answer from anyone.

When I asked about calls, I got the sense that residents and faculty were evasive about the question. From what I can piece together, residents take overnight calls in years 2-4, somewhere between 20-25 times per year. Depending on the site, calls can range from slow to busy.

According to the program, at least 2 residents were dismissed for reasons that couldn't be disclosed.

5. Faculty seemed very nice during the interview day. In my post-interview communications, I got a totally different view from at least 4 people. Words such as "ineffective", "passive aggressive", "uninterested in teaching", "hierarchical", "vengeful", "waste of my supervision time" were used to describe faculty. I spent over 3 hours after the interview day talking with residents of all years to get a full picture of the faculty. The impressions I got during and after the interview day were polar opposites.

6. Having spent some time living in San Antonio, I think "big city with small town feel" is a good description. The Riverwalk and Alamo are draws for tourists, and should be visited at least once. Traffic isn't bad at all compared to other large cities, but there is considerable new expansion of highways. Residents did describe the city as more "family friendly" and I agree.

7. Salary and benefits seemed typical compared to other programs in Texas. Female residents mentioned difficulty in getting leave for pregnancy, which I thought was federally mandated. The military ID can get you some discounts on entertainment.

8/9/additional feedback:

After some more digging, I found a few people willing to discuss the investigation last year. This was the gist I took away:

- Faculty backup not available after hours and sometimes during the work day, leaving residents to provide patient care without supervision.
- Lack of teaching by faculty. Working at the expense of education. Residents missing didactics due to excessive work and didactics aren't protected.
- Residents violating duty hour rules.
- After residents logged duty hours, staff were known to have changed work hour logs to comply with requirements (residents reports discrepancies with logged and finalized hours). When this was brought up to leadership, the concern was dismissed.
- Faculty members retaliate against residents who attempt to learn and ask questions.
- Faculty asking residents to write discharge summaries on patients the residents have not evaluated upon discharge.
- Leadership failing to address issues, and dismissed investigation.

I stopped taking notes after this. I really wanted to like the program because I like the city and have some family in the area, but don't think I'll be ranking them.

University of Texas Health Science Center - San Antonio (UTHSCSA)

1. Communication was good. My interview date was scheduled within a week and the admins were helpful with finding accomodations.

2. None provided. Dinner the night before was sparsely attended. Residents appeared tired and some discussed a recent internal investigation lowering morale when their concerns were dismissed. That's when the red flags started.

3/4. Most of the day went as planned on the schedule. This is a joint civilian and military program, so I interviewed with men and women in uniform as well. There are sites at the military medical center, county hospital, VA, university mental health, and likely more I've forgotten. Some residents complained about the bureaucracies at each site and inefficiencies. More senior residents praised the range of experiences.

The interviews were generally conversational, and spanned 2 hours with 4 faculty. During the lunch with more residents, I asked about the internal investigation but didn't get a straight answer from anyone.

When I asked about calls, I got the sense that residents and faculty were evasive about the question. From what I can piece together, residents take overnight calls in years 2-4, somewhere between 20-25 times per year. Depending on the site, calls can range from slow to busy.

According to the program, at least 2 residents were dismissed for reasons that couldn't be disclosed.

5. Faculty seemed very nice during the interview day. In my post-interview communications, I got a totally different view from at least 4 people. Words such as "ineffective", "passive aggressive", "uninterested in teaching", "hierarchical", "vengeful", "waste of my supervision time" were used to describe faculty. I spent over 3 hours after the interview day talking with residents of all years to get a full picture of the faculty. The impressions I got during and after the interview day were polar opposites.

6. Having spent some time living in San Antonio, I think "big city with small town feel" is a good description. The Riverwalk and Alamo are draws for tourists, and should be visited at least once. Traffic isn't bad at all compared to other large cities, but there is considerable new expansion of highways. Residents did describe the city as more "family friendly" and I agree.

7. Salary and benefits seemed typical compared to other programs in Texas. Female residents mentioned difficulty in getting leave for pregnancy, which I thought was federally mandated. The military ID can get you some discounts on entertainment.

8/9/additional feedback:

After some more digging, I found a few people willing to discuss the investigation last year. This was the gist I took away:

- Faculty backup not available after hours and sometimes during the work day, leaving residents to provide patient care without supervision.
- Lack of teaching by faculty. Working at the expense of education. Residents missing didactics due to excessive work and didactics aren't protected.
- Residents violating duty hour rules.
- After residents logged duty hours, staff were known to have changed work hour logs to comply with requirements (residents reports discrepancies with logged and finalized hours). When this was brought up to leadership, the concern was dismissed.
- Faculty members retaliate against residents who attempt to learn and ask questions.
- Faculty asking residents to write discharge summaries on patients the residents have not evaluated upon discharge.
- Leadership failing to address issues, and dismissed investigation.

I stopped taking notes after this. I really wanted to like the program because I like the city and have some family in the area, but don't think I'll be ranking them.

I interviewed at San Antonio two years ago. At the time I really wanted to like it. I love the city and thought it would be perfect for us to live in. However, on the interview day there was just something that was off. They were somewhat vague and evasive about details that were quite important to what I wanted to know. They never explained the call schedule. Whenever I asked about it I only got very vague answers. When I would inquire about family friend components to the program and resident life, they could only speak in generalities. I later found out that they take Q 14 call through fourth year. That did not sound appealing to me. Despite that, everybody did seem quite nice during the interview. It just seem like there was something missing and there was something they were telling me. I didn't get that vibe anywhere else I interviewed.

Hello applicants!

I am a current PGY1 at Mt Sinai Beth Israel, just wanted to let you know to feel free to message me or ask any questions about this program.

Interview season is so fun and I wish you all luck infinding your perfect program. =)

MGH McLean program's call/weekend schedule is approximately:
PGY2=3 weeks MGH emergency room night float and 3 weeks McLean emergency room night float, every 8th weekend or so you have weekend call. (2 hospitals to cover, 16 residents).
PGY3= 16 overnight calls through the year in the MGH emergency room.

Probably just as important is how much residents learn during those calls, which can be a lot during the MGH emergency room nights.

MGH McLean program's call/weekend schedule is approximately:
PGY2=3 weeks MGH emergency room night float and 3 weeks McLean emergency room night float, every 8th weekend or so you have weekend call. (2 hospitals to cover, 16 residents).
PGY3= 16 overnight calls through the year in the MGH emergency room.

Probably just as important is how much residents learn during those calls, which can be a lot during the MGH emergency room nights.

Thanks, that seems very manageable. I thought Longwood was known to be the "easier" of the two programs but Longwood's call schedule seems significantly worse than the above.

This thread is so boring this year... C'MON PEOPLE, RECRUITMENT SEASON IS ALMOST OVER AND NO ONE HAS REVIEWED MY PROGRAM!!

This thread is so boring this year... C'MON PEOPLE, RECRUITMENT SEASON IS ALMOST OVER AND NO ONE HAS REVIEWED MY PROGRAM!!

Look at last year's thread it was just as boring this time of year. I will be adding to this thread but not until after lists have been certified

Look at last year's thread it was just as boring this time of year. I will be adding to this thread but not until after lists have been certified

Did you look at last year's thread? By this time last year (Dec 6, 2013), there were 39 reviews posted. That's right, 39! Check it out for yourself: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/2013-2014-psychiatry-interview-reviews.1040145/

It's just that your class kinda sucks. :p

Reviews posted during the current season is a lot more helpful than likely outdated information from the years before. So, I'd strongly encourage you to post your reviews now, rather than later.

Accommodations & Food:
Lunch, dinner at clink, breakfast bagels and coffee, another lunch

Interview Day:
2 days, split between MGH and McLean. 8 interviews, including with PD and APDs. Matched with faculty and chief resident interviews based on your interests. 30 minutes each. Lots of residents at the social events. Tours by faculty and chiefs. Two longer half days. Everyone super warm and welcoming.

Program Overview:
One of the strongest academic programs in the country, with a breadth of research- leading researchers at both hospitals, with possibility to collaborate with Harvard-based researchers. Noteable areas include addiction, neuroimaging, borderline, psychopharm, as well as niche areas including minority mental health and psychodynamics. Protected research time if you choose research track, but that takes away time from community rotations. Other formal programs include educational track and psychotherapy training program.

Clinically, it is unique. Two hospitals: a general with 1000 beds and a psychiatric hospital with 350 patients. A breadth of subspecialty rotations (geriatics, adolescent, consult, addictions, psychoanalysis, borderline personality), with eager PIs/professors/attendings willing to mentor. General hospital in downtown Boston, and then one of the first free-standing psychiatric hospitals in American. Man's greatest hospital, a tertiary center, and an intense hospital, but the department is warm and supportive. McLean, on top of a hill for a higher SES psychiatric population overall and chronically mentally ill population, quite psychodynamic orientation. Top child adolescent fellowship, community, addictions and consult fellowships, with leading clinical training in psychoanalysis and borderline interventions as well.

Diverse group of attendings. In recent years, seem to be recruiting directors that are very interested in education: a highly regarded psychotherapy professor formerly from Longwood, a EPS director from Cambridge Health Alliance, and community director from New York, to name a few. A lack of a VA thought if you are interested in military trauma. But there strong developmental trauma/borderline unit at McLean.

A total of 90 interviewees, with 16 selected, which includes 2 integrated adult/child/adolescent psychiatry spots. It is a rigorous, warm, rich, intense, academic powerhouse. Warning, you may get lost in the maze and at times overwhelmed if you are the anxious type. However, for the workhorse confident types, it can be a intellectually clinically stimulating environment like no other.

Boston is cold, but sport teams abound with lots of city life including restaurants, music, events and outdoors activities. Expensive housing relatively.

Strengths: Rich clinically, diverse academically. Warm community division. Wonderful psychotherapy division. Should be at the top of the list for applicants who are truly committed to advancing psychiatry. Program director is very committed, kind and well-respected within the department. One of the largest faculties (350+) to find mentors and supervisors. Strong group of residents with diverse backgrounds and interests.

Weaknesses: Commute between the two hospitals sites so you need to drive. No VA. Expensive housing. Rigorous clinical curriculum that is not for those who want to take it easy. To thrive, needs to be hard-working, independent and motivated, while resilient, to cover clinical duties while navigating a breadth of clinical/academic/educational/community opportunities.

Last edited:
It's just that your class kinda sucks. :p
Ditto. I think it's trending in general, more than this particular year. Folks are more geared towards reaping benefits without providing. Lots of promises to post reviews later, but by then, impressions are distorted and it's of no use to this year's applying class to trigger thoughts prior to making the rank list. I have a hunch this is a trend that's going to continue.

It's interesting that at the end of the day, so many more people participate in listing their interview invites (which is a pretty useless practice, really) than describe their interview reviews (which potentially helps folks).

You can submit your review to @slappy if you want to provide input anonymously. I share your concerns, but for those trying to use this as an actual, helpful source of information, waiting until after lists are certified isn't too useful. I don't think it's wise to use SDN comments to drive your decision-making, but it can be helpful to get different perspectives on a program.

You can submit your review to @slappy if you want to provide input anonymously. I share your concerns, but for those trying to use this as an actual, helpful source of information, waiting until after lists are certified isn't too useful. I don't think it's wise to use SDN comments to drive your decision-making, but it can be helpful to get different perspectives on a program.

I've always used previous year's info, I guess I always assumed others did the same. Our class isn't well represented, after Monday my interviews lighten. I'll probably take your advice and do the anon thing....mostly because I choose the route of watching my tongue (most the time) on SDN over the annonimity.

I'm a little scared to post my reviews in case it somehow affects how I'm ranked :(

I'm a little scared to post my reviews in case it somehow affects how I'm ranked :(
oh grow a pair. how would posting an anonymous review as has been offered have any impact on you? Why would you even want to be at a program that would retaliate against your or be vindictive because of your postings? Why would you post anything that might have that impact? (keep it tasteful and don't be nasty or outrageous and you're okay). Why would you post anything that would identify you? And do you really think programs have time to go scouring to forums trying to figure out who you are - we have a hard enough time reading through your applications.

If you don't post as you go along, it's pretty worthless. programs rapidly change and your impressions becomes more sparse and confused with the passage of time.

This kind of spineless attitude is why residents continue to be underpaid, undervalued, and poorly treated and the profession is in dire jeopardy if the current cohort are as weak and pathetic as this. You're facing astronomic levels of student debt, to be paid less than ever with greater job insecurity and less autonomy for physicians. Now is not the time to keep your opinions to yourself. You are highly trained student professionals and you are entitled, perhaps even have a duty, to share your impressions in whatever forum amongst your peers. Keep it professional and tasteful and you are all okay.

Reactions: 6 users
Anonymous Review: Jamaica Hospital

An acquaintance interviewed there and felt it sucked balls. They give a 150 question exam, with an essay topic, and invite top performers back for primary interviews. First interview day is 7 separate 30 minute interviews where disinterested people will ask about your favorite movie and what drove the main character. Each interviewer is obligated to ask a few incredibly basic medicine questions like DKA treatment, lithium labs, and a few that were so stupid she blanked them out. People who make the cut are interviewed again and offered positions outside of the match. She won't accept an offer due to feeling they were dinguses. She has decent scores and no red flags (unlike myself) and will find a better place to train. She only felt one of the interviewers was pleasant and sincerely interested in getting to know more about her.

Anonymous Review: Rosalind Franklin

1. Ease Of Communication: fast, concise, and polite program coordinator
2. Accommodation & Food: no travel expenses covered; light (and good) breakfast; cafeteria lunch provided was excellent (with good coffee)
3. Interview Day (Schedule, Type Of Interview, Unusual Questions, Experiences): very short day: only two interviews; no program director interviews, but he gives a long winded, but interesting speech about the state of psychiatry and the ACGME; no weird questions;
4. Program Overview: More psychotherapy than psychopharm, but balanced and flexible depending on resident interests. thursdays for didactics; excellent facilities, lots of VA work; residents were friendly and down to earth...but also very wealthy (rich parents, perhaps?); had PRITE prep; program good at nurturing; 1:1 mentoring program with faculty
5. Faculty Achievements & Involvement: seemed friendly and experienced; the PD is very cynical; faculty very nurturing: resident said she felt happily coddled but with a lot of independence
6. Location & Lifestyle: North Chicago suburbs; residents commute easily from downtown to the hospitals; easy access to outdoors, Milwaukee, and Chicago
7. Salary & Benefits: 50k; the rest standard I think
8. Program Strengths: flexibility, willing to work and tailor the program to residents needs; apparently they're able to funnel residents into good fellowships; residents liked call; they constantly question the value of every experience; psychoanalytic institute available;
9. Potential Weaknesses: faculty member who interviewed told me the "child and adolescent psychiatry was in flux", but wouldn't elaborate; so much VA work that diversity might be a problem.

Anonymous Review: Hennepin-Regions

1. Ease Of Communication: two program coordinators (one for each hospital) made communication difficult--only one did scheduling and was on leave when I attempted to schedule; but both replied quickly and adequately when working
2. Accommodation & Food: none provided; very basic breakfast at interview; tacos for lunch; they were very good at arranging transportation (though being in minneapolis helped)
3. Interview Day (Schedule, Type Of Interview, Unusual Questions, Experiences): dinner the night before with transportation provided; extremely long interview day: began at 8AM with introduction by the program director with breakfast; then two 30 min. interview; then interview with program director 10-30 min; then really long tour of the first hospital. consider bringing a change of shoes; then taxi to next hospital; had a rushed lunch with residents, resident powerpoint; then two more interviews followed by another lengthy tour
4. Program Overview: community oriented program with diverse experiences; 2nd year all outpatient; 3rd year all inpatient; seems to attract a lot of IMG's
5. Faculty Achievements & Involvement: residents really seemed to love the faculty
6. Location & Lifestyle: Twin cities, but I like the cold. They have a burgeoning food/beer/hipster scene, but what city doesn't these days? Residents seemed to work pretty hard; residents seem to settle in minnesota
7. Salary & Benefits: 50k
8. Program Strengths: flexibility to arrange experiences as you want; child psych supposed to be really good (with Dr. Reeve);
9. Potential Weaknesses: two long time associate/former program directors are retiring fairly soon

Anonymous Review: Providence in Spokane

1. Ease Of Communication: effortless and fantastic communication
2. Accommodation & Food: one night at a standard/comfortable hotel near the hospitals; asked me if I had any dietary restrictions--and I have some major ones!
3. Interview Day (Schedule, Type Of Interview, Unusual Questions, Experiences): laid back scheduule with four relaxed interviews, and a lot of time spent with the coordinator--literally all day; tour of facilities lengthy but manageable
4. Program Overview: new program (former UWashington Spokane track program) with a psychotherapy lean; state of the art facilities; young, dedicated, and engaged faculty
5. Faculty Achievements & Involvement: first class of residency so lots of
6. Location & Lifestyle: residents seem to settle in Spokane (50%); 85% stay in Washington: reasons faculty told me about staying there were basically: married someone who wanted to go/stay at home; gotta be nature oriented to stay here; good coffee, but the downtown seemed kind of dead when i visited
8. Program Strengths: psychotherapy; massive faculty involvement;
9. Potential Weaknesses: new program; location poor

Anonymous Review: Seton Hall, New Jersey

1. Ease Of Communication: fast and clear
2. Accommodation & Food: none provided; provided awful cafeteria food for lunch
3. Interview Day (Schedule, Type Of Interview, Unusual Questions, Experiences): completely disorganized schedule, changed at the last minute week before interview and then again on interview day; one faculty interview with super busy faculty member who seemed more interested in getting back to seeing patients than interviewing me: not interested in answering my questions; was then left in a locked psych unit where the interview took place for half an hour; interview with director was BIZARRE: she didn't say a word the entire time and had an affable resident speak for her; i was then seated by myself around a table of twelve residents who all seemed to have nothing to do. Turns out the residents' days ends by 3pm every day. With all that time, I asked them what they did for fun: "nothing"; "study"; "nothing"; one PGY4 told me there was nothing to do in the area: but New York City is a fifteen minute, 5$ train ride from the hospital; turns out he had never been to New York City. Overall, the residents were more interested in their phones than talking to me and seemed socially incompetent, disinterested, and not very bright
4. Program Overview: they have diverse, but incredibly run down facilities that seem like they haven't been updated since the 60's. 2nd year is all inpatient, 3rd year all outpatient, 4th year is "whatever"; they gave me a list of didactics, call schedule, and resident list from 2009; nobody could tell me about psychotherapy vs psychopharm balance; they seemed more interested with studying for PRITE and board exam than clinical experiences; the one important thing they wanted me to remember was that they had a 100% board exam pass rate
5. Faculty Achievements & Involvement: have no idea; nobody would tell me; the website doesn't work--residents told me "hahahaha, we know"
6. Location & Lifestyle: get diverse psychopathology, but only hispanic, and african americans from lower socioeconomic status
8. Program Strengths: nobody would tell me; better than not matching?; 100% board exam rate: is that supposed to make them better than Hopkins which has only 94%?
9. Potential Weaknesses: everything?

SIU Springfield

1. Ease of communication: initial contact through ERAS then through email
2. Accommodations and food: Double Tree Hilton downtown Springfield. A shuttle provided transportation to the interview site in the morning. Dinner the night prior to the interview at a nice Japanese restaurant, Osaka. Two residents attended the dinner, a PGY-2 Med-Psych resident and a PGY-2 Psych resident. Both were very laid back and provided much information about the program.
3. Interview Day: 3 interviews in the AM in the Psych OP clinic building, tour at the major hospital Memorial Medical Center with lunch provided in the cafeteria, then travel back to the Psychiatry Outpatient clinic for 2 more interviews. Interviewed with the PD, a clinical psychologist, a LCPC, a Psychiatrist who works at Memorial Hospital, and a 4th year Med-Psych resident. No strange questions. Very laid back interviews. Lasted 30 mins each. Thought it was strange no categorical Psych resident interviewed me. Saw plenty of residents throughout the day. They were all very nice and welcoming. There may be a diversity issue with the current residents with about 80% from India. Did I see it as a major problem? No.
4. Program Overview: PGY-1: 4 months of Family Medicine, 8 months IP Psych, and supportive therapy. Exposure ECT.
PGY-2: Beginning CBT therapy. 2 months C&A, 2 months CL, 1 month community psych, 0.5 month Alzheimer clinic, 2 months neuro, 1 month substance abuse at a Rehab center (Gateway), 2.5 months IP psych, 1 month ECT
PGY-3: Begin psychodynamic therapy, outpatient clinic
PGY-4: 3 months IP psych, 8 month electives
Was told there is plenty of supervision. Cameras in each office with a LCSW or Psychiatrist behind the camera watching during new patient evals, med management, etc.
5. Faculty achievements and involvement: faculty were very nice and like to be involved in resident teaching
6. Location and lifestyle: Population Springfield ~115k. Very low cost of living. Located about 3.5hrs from Chicago and 1.5hrs from St. Louis. Very historical city (Lincoln) with money coming in mostly from tourism. Government and healthcare driven city. Was told there are plenty of art fairs and events going on downtown by the Capitol. Most residents own homes. Very family friendly residency.
7. Salary and benefits: PGY-1 49k, healthcare covered with spouse included minimal fee
8. Program strengths: residents are very friendly, great camaraderie, faculty are very involved in resident education, required research project, and Neuropsych conference once a week. Child psych fellowship available with preference to SIU residents. Distance between facilities no greater than 15 mins: distance from Memorial Hospital and St. Johns is about 5 min drive, distance from either hospital to the outpatient clinic is 8-12 min drive, Lincoln Behavioral (C&A inpatient facility) about 15min drive. Building a NeuroPsych location attached to Memorial Hospital where all the outpatient clinics will be housed.
9. Potential weaknesses: not the right program for someone who wants to be at a strong research program, no Psych ER, only C&A fellowship offered but was told they will begin a Geri Psych fellowship sometime in the future

Last edited:
Indiana University

IU
1. Ease communication: emails were very thorough
2. Accommodation and food: provide reservation to the Conrad Hotel in downtown Indianapolis. Talk about feeling pampered! This hotel is the best hotel I have ever stayed in which says a lot because I am quite the traveler. Residents meet you in the lobby to walk to a local restaurant, Palomino, which was delicious. Shuttle picks you up from the hotel. Lunch with the residents which was very fun. You can absolutely feel the camaraderie between residents. I enjoyed them a lot.
3. Interview day: 6 interviews 30 mins long, all interviews were laid back, no strange questions, no strange interviewers
4. Program overview:
Rotation schedule: http://psychiatry.medicine.iu.edu/e...grams/psychiatry-residency/rotation-schedule/

Training sites: http://psychiatry.medicine.iu.edu/e...ams/psychiatry-residency/training-facilities/

I was very impressed with the training sites. Eskenazi is immaculate. Beautiful garden on the roof. “Mono-rail” that can transport people between sites however, residents admitted to never using it.

There is an educator track and research track.

5. Faculty achievements: http://psychiatry.medicine.iu.edu/index.php?cID=
Faculty with specific emphasis in addiction, adhd, mood disorders, psychotic disorders, psychodynamics, CBT, etc.
6. Location and lifestyle: Indianapolis has ~800k people (city data). Cost of living is reasonable. One resident pays 800$/month for his mortgage for a 3 bedroom home. Most residents don't live in downtown. Lucas Oil Field, the Colts stadium, seems to be a highlight. Indy 500. Not much traffic except when there are sporting events.
7. Salary and benefits: 52k salary. Full healthcare coverage plus spouse included
8. Program strengths: very family friendly, strong academic institution, Dr. Chambers is the PD and she is amazing!, residents are friendly and close, great location and cost of living, fellowships in C&A, addiction, Geri, sleep, pain
9. Potential weaknesses: they are in the process of looking for an Addiction Psychiatrist for the VA where the addiction rotation is located

University of Florida – Gainesville
  1. Ease of communication: ERAS
  2. Accommodation and food: Program provided accommodations at Hampton Inn downtown (very nice hotel), residents (late by 30 mins) met in lobby to walk us to dinner at Emiliano’s café (the food was barely palatable), transportation was 1 hour late the morning of the interview because there was difficulty with picking up the rental vehicle, lunch was catered after Grand Rounds at around 1:30 with food being OK
  3. Interview day: began hectic, interviews had to be cut shorter because we lost an hour from the transportation problems, met with the PD and the associate director at the same time for 15 mins total (this was unsatisfying and felt very hurried), 2 more 15 min interviews, no strange questions, interviews very laid back
  4. Program Overview: PGY-1: 3 months IP Psych, 3 months CL, 4 months IM with 1 being IP, 2 months neuro, Call ER Psych
    PGY-2: up to 5 months Selectives, up to 7 months IP Psych (Geri, C&A, Addiction, CL, IP). On call for ER Psych and one half day/wk OP clinic
    PGY-3: 12 months OP Psych
    PGY-4: 1 month of addiction, C&A, Geri, Forensics, 2 months community psych, up to 6 months electives, ½ day/wk OP clinic
    PGY-1 process group, specialty clinics in autism, neuromuscular disorders, women’s clinic
    Fellowships: addiction, C&A, community, forensic, geri, neuromodulation with preference to UF residents
    Selectives: CBT, DBS/movement disorders, eating disorders, bariatric psych, ECT, TMS, Autism, Student mental health, Sleep, Pain, Junior attending, Research
  5. Faculty achievements and involvement: unsure
  6. Location and lifestyle: low cost of living, Gainesville is a college town with a saturated job market from college grads (important for spouses to consider)
  7. Salary and benefits: $49k, see website
  8. Program strengths: plenty of fellowships available, diverse patient population, specialty clinics, stress on community service and mentorship
  9. Potential weaknesses: I did not get a good feeling from the residents...there wasn’t the same sense of camaraderie between residents I had felt at other programs, I witnessed some residents actually making fun of their colleagues on more than one occasion, after asking 1 resident why she chose the program she simply kept repeating “I love it, I just love it”.

Brown - Providence, RI

I'm not going to get lost in all the details (on the websites), but will throw out a few gestalt based reviews as I have time. Would love for anyone to correct anything seeing as Im going w/o any sort of notes or references.

Brown- Beforehand was expecting the standard good program feel, but not expecting anything special.

Overall- Very impressed almost to the point of surprise or skepticism that there must have been some clever marketing tricks going on. The residents were extremely easy to talk to, seemed very excited about psychiatry, happy to be at Brown and to top it off seemed well rested. Was very impressed by the program director (I think the previous director left for longwood), but current PD seemed to be very accomplished and most importantly seemed like a great person who really cares about residents. Chairman and another senior psychiatrist stopped by the interview group, both had an infectious passion towards psych and at least at face value care a great deal about providing residents with a great educational experience. Emphasized a general Brown philosophy to give you a good general basis, but encourages residents to already start building a niche for themselves the later half of residency. Importantly it seems they provide the resources and time to make that a reality instead of something that is nice in theory. On the subject of time, the clinical schedule seems less intense than many programs, but actually seems like this may improve the educational value rather than detract from it as it sounds like there is substantial time for supervision making the clinical time more high yield. Opportunities for research in tons of different settings if that is your gig.

(Possible) Cons: There are a ton of rotation sites so first couple years your in a new hospital every couple months. Throughout interview day people consistently pointed to this as a strength, which may be true, but seemed to me it would be hard to really hit your groove and move past all the BS admin stuff you have to figure out each time your start at a new place.

Other general life stuff: Providence may not be everyone's favorite, but seemed like a easy place to live. Opportunity for SUBSTANTIAL salary increase through moonlighting starting PGY2, seems like you could very easily be hitting 80-90k working less total hours than many programs require not even considering moonlighting, and could be pushing past 100k if you were so inclined.

Anonymous Review: Umass

1. Ease Of Communication: Good communication via eras
2. Accommodation & Food: No accomodations provided but subsidizes stay nearby fancy hotel. Dinner night prior at nice restaurant in Worcester. Day of coffee and baked goods provided. Lunch is wraps with residents. Parking is validated.
3. Interview Day (Schedule, Type Of Interview, Unusual Questions, Experiences): Interview day starts at 8:30. 5 30 min interviews with group overview by PD as well as group meeting with dept chair, tour etc. Day ended by 5. No unusual questions and interview day was low stress.
4. Program Overview: Huge psychiatry department (>360 faculty) with smaller residency of 6 psych + 1 neuropsych resident provides good breadth and exposure with PD who is motivated to customize your training within reason. Rotations at brand new state hospital that serves sickest patients in state. Good community exposure. Didactics seem standard. Resident clinics just moved into FM residents’ clinic building and in the process of integrating psych with primary care. PD is a neuropsych so training is more neuro heavy than some programs. Patient population is diverse.
5. Faculty Achievements & Involvement: Impressive research in adult, child and addiction. Residents are encouraged but not required to do research.
6. Location & Lifestyle: Worcester is a smaller city 45 min west of Boston. It has nice and rough areas but with good food, outdoors stuff and very affordable. Adjacent towns have good schools and are still reasonably affordable. Many residents have kids. 1/3 of residents live in Worcester, 1/3 in Boston and 1/3 elsewhere. Good resident comraderie. High learning:service.
7. Salary & Benefits: salary standard at 54ish. Maternity leave, health insurance, parents in a pinch, meal cards and good parking offered as well as tuition breaks for self and family at state schools. Can request vacation time almost any time except during inpatient medicine since most rotations are not resident dependent. Many fellowships (child, addiction, forensic) available in house. Child division is large (45ish). Residents seem very happy and call schedule is manageable (9 24h calls PGY2 that can be split into 18 12h calls).
8. Program Strengths: Good lifestyle, good training in community, child, forensics, geri. Psych will be fully integrated into primary care in the next couple years.
9. Potential Weaknesses: Worcester isn’t for everyone.

Anonymous Review: Harvard Longwood

1. Ease Of Communication: Great communication. Coordinator was very responsive.
2. Accommodation & Food: Own accommodations. Dinner night before interview at a nice restaurant. Pastries and coffee in the am and wraps for lunch.
3. Interview Day (Schedule, Type Of Interview, Unusual Questions, Experiences): Interview dinner night before ran late (after 10 pm). Day started at 7:30 or 7:45. 5 interviews each 30 minutes or so. I was escorted to interviews (didn’t have to find rooms/buildings on my own). All my interviews focused on my interests within psychiatry and opportunities at Longwood. No unusual questions. Of note, I did not interview with any analysts but heard from other applicants that some faculty do analytic style interviews.
4. Program Overview: Busy program at BID and Brigham. Call schedule is brutal (q7-8 24h PGY2 and q14 24h call PGY3) but being changed to night float for next year. Of note, there is already 3 months of nights float in the first 2 years so unclear if it’ll now be 4 months of night in 2 years or is some of that will be distributed to upper classes. Residents seem to like each other and have good camaraderie. Program has track record of being supportive to residents personal leaves, maternity leaves etc. Current PD is interim and unsure what the timeline for finding a permanent PD is. Intern year includes 4 months of inpatient medicine with medicine call.
5. Faculty Achievements & Involvement: Lots of exciting research and big names under one roof.
6. Location & Lifestyle: The toughest call schedule I’ve seen by far with more nights and more inpatient medicine. Residents don’t seem worn down or burnt out.
7. Salary & Benefits: Standard salary (mid 50s I think). Parking $150/month. Maternity leave paid 12 weeks. Good health insurance vacation and sick time standard.
8. Program Strengths: Neuro at the Brigham and child C/L at Boston Children’s. Access to leaders in their fields with a lot of exciting research (if you can find time to pursue it). Everyone does a scholarly project. Mass Mental seems like a good community psych experience. Good psychotherapy training. A lot of analysts. A lot of the residents are involved in personal therapy.
9. Potential Weaknesses: The amount of call makes this a very service heavy program. Medicine at NWH or BID so might need car to get to Newton Wellesley (can take train but D line is slow and you’re adding commuting time to medicine intern’s day).

Anonymous Review: Dartmouth

1. Ease Of Communication: Good communication via eras and email.
2. Accommodation & Food: Arranged own hotel (residence Inn <1 mile away). Program offered parking in a hard to find lot that required shuttle so I walked from hotel. Dinner night before was excellent. Offered coffee and snacks during the day with pizza for lunch (not the best or worst).
3. Interview Day (Schedule, Type Of Interview, Unusual Questions, Experiences): Applicants had 6-8 30 minute interviews depending on the track they were applying for. Interviews were all held in the same building (interviewers came to us) which was really nice. Interviews were collegial in nature and questions involved interest in the program as well as career goals. No tough/unfair questions.
4. Program Overview: residents nice, friendly, heavily male. Good comraderie and decent call schedule. Several residents (mostly male) have kids. Research track has a lot of protected time for research and chair is highly research oriented and psychiatry dept is top 20 in NIH funding. Research not required of residents. Good VA exposure. Facilities are new and medical center is really nice.
5. Faculty Achievements & Involvement: Current chair is very research-oriented and highly motivated to recruit research faculty externally and to promote research within.
6. Location & Lifestyle: Rural but with access to cultural center at Dartmouth college. 90 min to Burlington, 2h to Boston. Lots of outdoors stuff to do. Cute but small town center with restaurants and shops. No traffic. Easy parking. Great schools and affordable area.
7. Salary & Benefits: 52sh. Standard benefits. Offers decent maternity leave. Onsite childcare available but hard to get into it.
8. Program Strengths: Nice new building. Has most fellowships in house (sleep, addiction, child, geri) and tries to fill with own grads.
9. Potential Weaknesses: Rural location. Limited forensics exposure.