-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Waitlist Support Group
Started by sum_dood
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I must say that right now the most anyone is holding is two.@gyngyn thanks for your help during this process. are you able to say if there is a sizable number of applicants still holding more than one acceptance?
Most have reduced to one.
How about this: if I see something I will post it daily (excluding weekends).
Deal?
Are you going to post a list of all the schools that moved that day or all the schools that started moving on that day.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@gyngyn just to bug you a little bit more... have you heard about movement from BU and Dartmouth?
I have a friend who was accepted off the BU waitlist yesterday!
Wow, slow day.
All I see is Miami.
All I see is Miami.
Last edited by a moderator:
@Ace KhalifaWow slow day.
All I see is Miami.
Wow slow day.
All I see is Miami.
There it is @Ace Khalifa, your moment
Wow slow day.
All I see is Miami.
Miami as in University of Miami or FIU? Thanx for all your help!
Miami as in University of Miami or FIU? Thanx for all your help!
UMMSOM
MillerMiami as in University of Miami or FIU? Thanx for all your help!
Miller
@gyngyn, thanks for keeping us informed, really nice of you to take time out of your already busy day.
wanted to quickly ask-
by chance do you have overlap with VCU?
@peanuts8
VCU seems to have had pretty good waitlist movement in the past two weeks based on the activity in the thread!
How about this: if I see something I will post it daily (excluding weekends).
Deal?
VCU seems to have had pretty good waitlist movement in the past two weeks based on the activity in the thread!
@peanuts8
VCU seems to have had pretty good waitlist movement in the past two weeks based on the activity in the thread!
Yes, I did see that original announcment by gyngyn yesterday. I was more interested if gyngyn had overlap with VCU bc in an earlier post it sounded like gyngyn didn't have much overlap w/ EVMS. Thought maybe there might not be overlap w/ VCU as well.
Yes, I did see that original announcment by gyngyn yesterday. I was more interested if gyngyn had overlap with VCU bc in an earlier post it sounded like gyngyn didn't have much overlap w/ EVMS. Thought maybe there might not be overlap w/ VCU as well.
Possible, but not likely. Per SDN thread, there have been 13 WL acceptances since 4/1 (9 OOS, 4 IS). I am guessing you are in-state so I hope the winds of good fortune blow your way soon!
Possible, but not likely. Per SDN thread, there have been 13 WL acceptances since 4/1 (9 OOS, 4 IS). I am guessing you are in-state so I hope the winds of good fortune blow your way soon!
OOS here! From the opposite side of the country and for some reason I got lucky in Virginia this cycle. Thx for + wishes
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS here! From the opposite side of the country and for some reason I got lucky in Virginia this cycle. Thx for + wishes
The VCU OOS WL tends to have much more movement than IS. Hoping it works out for you!!
Thanks, @gyngyn! There are no new posts in the Miami thread today about getting off the waitlist, so it's nice to know they're still happening. I really hope I'm next!Wow, slow day.
All I see is Miami.
first acceptance off the NYU waitlist today!!! cant believe it and so grateful
Thanks, @gyngyn! There are no new posts in the Miami thread today about getting off the waitlist, so it's nice to know they're still happening. I really hope I'm next!
For your sake and mine... if you get off Miami, maybe then I'll get off EVMS lmao
Bro, I already withdrew from EVMS lololol. Matriculating at Mizzou, holding out for Miami is the game plan now.For your sake and mine... if you get off Miami, maybe then I'll get off EVMS lmao
After sitting on 4 waitlists for months, I was accepted off a WL about a week ago. Today I was poached by another school. Lo and behold, within one hour of said poaching my first acceptance offered a 20k/year scholarship. What a strange game we are playing.
first acceptance off the NYU waitlist today!!! cant believe it and so grateful
woooo yeah! that's huge, congrats!
After sitting on 4 waitlists for months, I was accepted off a WL about a week ago. Today I was poached by another school. Lo and behold, within one hour of said poaching my first acceptance offered a 20k/year scholarship. What a strange game we are playing.
I just want to say that you're a dick.
Who poached you today?
I just want to say that you're a dick.
Who poached you today?
is that sarcasm?
I just want to say that you're a dick.
Who poached you today?
lololol yes, yes I am.
It was USF Morsani, and I'm quite excited about it. Very close to family and Tampa is awesome.
is that sarcasm?
you just never can tell with him, can you?
-------------
I think I want to go to the poacher school, how do I go about politely asking if they might match the FA from my other offer?
lololol yes, yes I am.
It was USF Morsani, and I'm quite excited about it. Very close to family and Tampa is awesome.
you just never can tell with him, can you?
-------------
I think I want to go to the poacher school, how do I go about politely asking if they might match the FA from my other offer?
ask it like you're a little kid asking for candy. Clear request, full on puppy eyes, can't lose.
JK just call them and ask
I think I want to go to the poacher school, how do I go about politely asking if they might match the FA from my other offer?
Call them. Tell them that you're incredibly interested in their school, but this schools financial aid package is making it difficult for you to say yes to them. Ask if there's anything else they can do to help or if there are any scholarships etc that you might qualify for.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is that sarcasm?
No. I actually hate @FindMeOnTheLinks , which is why I convinced him to come out to drinks with me when we hung out at Jeff.
As a side note: Dude that was a hilarious night. I still can't believe those girls shared their food with us. I had a good laugh about that right now just thinking about it.
Still waiting for things to start rolling at my 4 wait lists, this is brutal.
Same here 3 WL, 2 HFS, and 1 no communication at all! I'm at work right now in the ER and that's not even enough of a distraction.Still waiting for things to start rolling at my 4 wait lists, this is brutal.
Hahahahaha yes, that was the most fun I've had on a trip for an interview. Cheers to St. Patrick's Day in Philly!No. I actually hate @FindMeOnTheLinks , which is why I convinced him to come out to drinks with me when we hung out at Jeff.
As a side note: Dude that was a hilarious night. I still can't believe those girls shared their food with us. I had a good laugh about that right now just thinking about it.
Don't do this!man waitlist sucks 🙁. would emailing any of my interviewers and explaining my situation help at all? im getting to a point of desperation
It's the admissions equivalent of stalking.
I sent a letter of intent to my waitlisted school back in February, is there any use reminding them again (just a quick paragraph about the school being first choice) or would that also be the equivalent of stalking?
I think you know.I sent a letter of intent to my waitlisted school back in February, is there any use reminding them again (just a quick paragraph about the school being first choice) or would that also be the equivalent of stalking?
It's still not as bad as emailing an interviewer, though.
Hahahahaha yes, that was the most fun I've had on a trip for an interview. Cheers to St. Patrick's Day in Philly!
You're a great wingman. Didn't get the girl, but I got hella wings.
Worth it!
Hope Jeff sends you some love too!
Anyone know if Florida State has had any movement? Their classes start in less than 3 weeks. 
memoriesYou're a great wingman. Didn't get the girl, but I got hella wings.
Worth it!
Hope Jeff sends you some love too!
Last edited:
I'm 100% convinced you coulda got the girl if you tried...but that's a story for another day
I'm well aware. I'm not sure it would have worked logistically given that I was crashing in my little sister's dorm lol!
Lmaooo so true.I'm well aware. I'm not sure it would have worked logistically given that I was crashing in my little sister's dorm lol!
Okay, let's stop polluting this well-intentioned thread with our shenanigans.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's a gloomy thought.With respect to the slow waitlist movement at many places, couldn't another explanation besides financial aid delays also be that schools happened to need the waitlist less this year than normal? Or do waitlists move the same amount every year?
Seems unlikely that the number of multiply-accepteds would drastically change this year, though.
Accepted off Einstein HPWL just now!!
Hi everyone I'm new to the group!!
Officially nervous after getting 5 II: 4 MD waitlists & hearing back next week from the only DO school I applied (it's a great DO program, I'll be happy to get an acceptance there, however it isn't my top choice)
Stats:
GPA 3.7 ; MCAT: 27 - I thought my extracurriculars would make up for the low mcat (I own a medical business, did research, founded a pre health student org, have 2 BA's (Chemistry & non-science degree), etc. I did however, applied late (oct 2014).
Wishing everyone nothing but success and good news from the schools you're currently WL at, and glad to join the group & support each other during this nerve-wreaking cycle moment. <3
Officially nervous after getting 5 II: 4 MD waitlists & hearing back next week from the only DO school I applied (it's a great DO program, I'll be happy to get an acceptance there, however it isn't my top choice)
Stats:
GPA 3.7 ; MCAT: 27 - I thought my extracurriculars would make up for the low mcat (I own a medical business, did research, founded a pre health student org, have 2 BA's (Chemistry & non-science degree), etc. I did however, applied late (oct 2014).
Wishing everyone nothing but success and good news from the schools you're currently WL at, and glad to join the group & support each other during this nerve-wreaking cycle moment. <3
How would you interpret yet another non-binding contract from a desperate applicant???
I sent a letter of intent to my waitlisted school back in February, is there any use reminding them again (just a quick paragraph about the school being first choice) or would that also be the equivalent of stalking?
Hi guys,
I'm on the waitlist at three schools, none of which seem to have much movement and probably wont by the end of this cycle. I'm already thinking about the reapplication process, there's a lot of things I want to change on my application. As a re applicant, is it necessary to get your application in the day that the AMCAS opens? Basically, when should I get everything prepared by?
I'm on the waitlist at three schools, none of which seem to have much movement and probably wont by the end of this cycle. I'm already thinking about the reapplication process, there's a lot of things I want to change on my application. As a re applicant, is it necessary to get your application in the day that the AMCAS opens? Basically, when should I get everything prepared by?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 703
- Views
- 140K