1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

2014 Community College/Advancement Placement and DS Admission

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by doc toothache, May 7, 2014.

1. doc toothache

10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Dental school's views on community college and advanced placement courses for prerequisites and elective has not changed much since 2013. It is still advisable to avoid community college courses for prerequisites as much as possible.

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. BillyLungs

Pre-Dental
    wow this is really helpful! thank you!!

3. Daneosaurus

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    As I said in another thread, at the time I applied, over half of my credits, including over half of the prereqs, were taken at a CC. Pitt stated that they want no more than 1/3 of credits taken at CC. Still, I got accepted and will be attending this fall. This is probably more of a recommendation than a hard and fast rule.

4. OP
    OP
    doc toothache

10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Since school make the rules they can just easily break them. And if they like you, they might even accept a high school dropout. In general, the more important consideration is not how many credits of prereqs were taken at CC, but rather what additional upper level courses were taken.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Daneosaurus likes this.