2014 Grad Intern Offers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hired grad intern at 5% less than full salary. Will give 1 year for licensure.

I can confirm this is real. Either z is friends with someone I know or theyre copying him.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Anyone know how many hours does a part time float get? My offer letter states I am part time float (in midwest) but does not tell me the exact hours.....I feel uncomfortable asking that directly to the DM

Anyone know how many hours does a part time float get? My offer letter states I am part time float (in midwest) but does not tell me the exact hours.....I feel uncomfortable asking that directly to the DM

Is your offer for WG?

Your DM will most likely say something like gaurenteed 20-30 hours per week. Depends on your performance yada yada yada. If you're good you'll get more hours and find a staff position more quicker. Regardless, you should ask your DM if you are concerned.

Members don't see this ad :)
the person making $54/hr must be working for CVS. lowest pay, yet most profitable chain. i heard they don't give bonus anymore. : )

My bonus was 10k this year... (this years bonus structure is suppose to be even more awesome.. like way more)

but anyway, I tell every student that I work with to look at the full package. I don't know which chain pays higher but CVS matches 401k dollar for dollar up to 5 percent. That is 6k in benefits for a new grad @120k a year. Rite Aid for example matches 100 percent on the first 3 percent, and 50 percent after that. Wags is profit sharing match...

You also have to think about job security.

The most important factor for me is the supervisor. Call pharmacists in the district to see how the supervisor is. A good supervisor can make your job "okay"..., while a bad one can make your job a living hell.

The pay is dependent on market and needs. I have students who start at 67+ in North Cali, and other students at 54 in the city (where we are saturated).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Do not be uncomfortable asking your DM for anything. That is what they are there for... to support you! You can also ask your scheduler.

Bump for more info....anyone know what CVS is offering new grads in the northern NY suburbs?

but anyway, I tell every student that I work with to look at the full package. I don't know which chain pays higher but CVS matches 401k dollar for dollar up to 5 percent. That is 6k in benefits for a new grad @120k a year. Rite Aid for example matches 100 percent on the first 3 percent, and then 50 percent after that. Wags is profit sharing match...
I'll fill in the info for Wags: they match the first 4%, dollar for dollar guaranteed, then a bit extra based on profits. For 2013 they are giving $1.45 : $1 total. So someone making $120k who contributes 4% will get a company match of about $7k.

Now I'm curious, what do they give in hospital?

Wags $60ish and CVS $61ish midwest PT float

Upstate NY float 30 hours guaranteed offer was 54 and as high as 57 an hour.
58 an hour 40 hours guaranteed Wisconsin
62 an hour 32 hours a week guaranteed central California

Company: Walgreens
Position (Floater or Staff Pharmacist):Floater
Part Time or Full Time: 32 H, can work up to 40 H
Hourly or Yearly Pay Rate: Salaried ($58/hr)
Grad Intern until licensed at half pay

Offer 1: High 60s to high 70s per hour depending on store. West Coast. Floater. Not including other compensation. Full-time.
Offer 2: Low 60s FT Staff. West Coast
Offer 3: Low 60s floater. West coast. Guaranteed 30 hours.
Offer 4: ~105-110k salary somewhere in the pacific.

Last edited:
Upstate NY float 30 hours guaranteed offer was 54 and as high as 57 an hour.
58 an hour 40 hours guaranteed Wisconsin
62 an hour 32 hours a week guaranteed central California

If you don't mind, what is the company for Wisconsin? Is it a staff position?

Members don't see this ad :)
Company: Walmart
Position (Floater or Staff Pharmacist): Floater
Part Time or Full Time: Full-time (40 hours/week)
Hourly or Yearly Pay Rate: $64/hr

Offer 1: High 60s to high 70s per hour depending on store. West Coast. Floater. Not including other compensation. Full-time.
Offer 2: Low 60s FT Staff. West Coast
Offer 3: Low 60s floater. West coast. Guaranteed 30 hours.
Offer 4: ~105-110k salary somewhere in the pacific.

High 70s/hr? For real? Big chain?

So, I was very worried about my friend who graduated last year...she couldn't find a job for a year.
After her hard work she got 2 job offers recently :) I thought this would bring some light to people.

Offer1: $60 per hr, FT position (large chain, retail ) + 3 years of commitment and get 30k bonus (I'm so surpised about the bonus:uhno: )

Offer2: High 60s, Clinical pharm FT position

So, I was very worried about my friend who graduated last year...she couldn't find a job for a year.
After her hard work she got 2 job offers recently :) I thought this would bring some light to people.

Offer1: $60 per hr, FT position (large chain, retail ) + 3 years of commitment and get 30k bonus (I'm so surpised about the bonus:uhno: )

Offer2: High 60s, Clinical pharm FT position

Which one did she pick, the one in South Texas or the one in Northern California?

Which one did she pick, the one in South Texas or the one in Northern California?
She took the 2nd one and she didn't have the clinical pharmacy experience.
I thought you need to do at least 1 yr of residency but I guess not? o_O

Detroit Metro Area, Michigan
CVS 114G
Meijer 118G

Any updates for the new grads?!

are you really a medical student (class of 2016) or pharmacy student (class of 2014) who are about to graduate ?? are you doing both ????? :thinking: :thinking:

Does anyone have any insight on the jobs in the Midwest in particular Chicago, IL, Milwaukee Wi, and St. Louis Mo?

Also when do most 5th years apply for jobs if I graduate next May, 2014???

I've worked as a Walmart pharm Intern for past 3 years, have leadership and research experience and plan to join the crazy retail pharmacy world. I would like $50 per hour but it all depends on location.

OR I can choose the residency route but I'm not really sure I want to go into more debt if doing a residency won't boost my salary and leave me in more debt. I don't mind the retail world:)

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/midwest-job-market-or-residency.1010525/#post-14138626

Why does a medical student care so much about what pharmacists are paid.

I'm actually a pharmacy student. I forgot to change it. I will change it now if possible.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/2014-grad-intern-offers.1043532/

I am starting osteopathic med school in July, but was wondering why there's so few osteopathic optho seats? I saw 13 programs with about 2-3 seats for a total of about 30 new openings compared to 458 for dozens of allopathic programs.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/why-so-few-do-programs.889260/

Hey all,

I was just wondering how much of an impact MS1 grades play because I just finished first year and my grades were abysmal with mostly Cs toss in a few Bs. My class rank will be low but will this hurt me if I apply in the a few years?

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/pre-clinical-grades.1008111/

I got accepted to Nova and KYCOM...LMU-DCOM, I find out next week...and I shouldn't have included it but I just am being optimistic and didn't want to ask the question again next week...including LMU...

I'm probably going to get rejected by LMU for jumping the gun....shouldn't have counted my chickens before they hatch.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/pikeville-kycom-vs-lmu-dcom-vs-nsucom.864730/#post-11719051

Hey all!

I was recently accepted to KYCOM - Class of 2016! This was my first official acceptance so I'm relieved I will be going to medical school next year! I'm still waiting on a few schools, but wanted more input on KYCOM from current students and recently accepted students...

CONGRATZ!!!:D

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/kycom-class-of-2016.867010/

Last edited:
One more offer to add (and the one I accepted!)
Staff pharmacist (3rd shift 7 on/7off) at a regional medical center in the Midwest
$39.70/hr prior to licensure
$48.92/hr after licensed - these are just base pay and do not include night/weekend differential.

One more offer to add (and the one I accepted!)
Staff pharmacist (3rd shift 7 on/7off) at a regional medical center in the Midwest
$39.70/hr prior to licensure
$48.92/hr after licensed - these are just base pay and do not include night/weekend differential.
How much more could you normally expect with night/weekend differential?

I graduated from pharmacy school. My friend was using my account for time being who is a med student.

Big Chain
NC
FT float (32hr/week guaranteed)
$60/hr (salaried)

grad intern rate rate is 50% but I am taking my boards in two weeks so i dont think i will work as a grad intern at all

Smaller chain
Small town in Southwest
Pharmacy Manager
Salaried 130-140k (50% rate while grad intern)
Accepted offer

Big Chain
Large Metro area in Southwest
Pharmacy Manager
Salaried 125-130k
Declined

Grocery chain
Small town in Northwest
Floater 30 hr/wk guaranteed
$55-60/hr
Declined

Have any 2015 graduates received any job offers? I just got a phone call offering me a Target position as a grad intern pharmacist upon graduation in San Diego. It was so early in the year I didn't have time to apply to other jobs to see what's considered a competitive starting salary? I didn't sign anything yet, but I did formally accept the job offer over the phone. Would it be too late to negotiate salary or do starting pharmacists usually take what they get offered because anything seems like A LOT of money after graduating :wideyed::thumbup:

Last edited:
Have any 2015 graduates received any job offers? I just got a phone call offering me a Target position as a grad intern pharmacist upon graduation in Denver, Colorado. It was so early in the year I didn't have time to apply to other jobs to see what's considered a competitive starting salary? I didn't sign anything yet, but I did formally accept the job offer over the phone. Would it be too late to negotiate salary or do starting pharmacists usually take what they get offered because anything seems like A LOT of money after graduating :wideyed::thumbup:

I have negotiated salary and vacation time in the past successfully when starting jobs. The vacation time has been worth more to me than the money. You will regret it if you do not at least try to negotiate it. My wife almost did not try to negotiate her singing bonus at her medical group, after some convincing by me, she agreed it was a good idea. We ended up having the singing bonus doubled.;) You have to ask and be confident, whether it be vacation, scheduling or salary.

I doubt Target is going to negotiate, especially in a desirable location like Denver but you never know until you try.

I have negotiated salary and vacation time in the past successfully when starting jobs. The vacation time has been worth more to me than the money. You will regret it if you do not at least try to negotiate it. My wife almost did not try to negotiate her singing bonus at her medical group, after some convincing by me, she agreed it was a good idea. We ended up having the singing bonus doubled.;) You have to ask and be confident, whether it be vacation, scheduling or salary.

I doubt Target is going to negotiate, especially in a desirable location like Denver but you never know until you try.

I've technically already accepted the offer over the phone, so I'm not sure if that leaves me room for negotiating. They are supposed to send me information regarding bonuses, etc by Monday. I was leaning toward moving out of state upon graduation. Does anyone know if I wanted to transfer if that would be possible? Or do I have to apply separately with the same company in another state?

I received my job offer yesterday from one of the big chains. I did intern w/ them for 3 years.

Kansas City market
$128k per 40 hour/wk

Last edited:
I received my job offer yesterday from one of the big chains. I did intern w/ them for 3 years.

Kansas City market
$128,440 per 40 hour/wk
To everyone who's gotten employment: Did you work as an intern during Pharm school? If so, are you employed at the place that you worked as interns?

I received an offer from CVS, Fort Worth, TX. As an intern, I worked very little during a semester, but picked up lots of hours during winter/spring breaks.

Have any 2015 graduates received any job offers? I just got a phone call offering me a Target position as a grad intern pharmacist upon graduation in San Diego. It was so early in the year I didn't have time to apply to other jobs to see what's considered a competitive starting salary? I didn't sign anything yet, but I did formally accept the job offer over the phone. Would it be too late to negotiate salary or do starting pharmacists usually take what they get offered because anything seems like A LOT of money after graduating :wideyed::thumbup:

Received my job offer last week. One of the big chains, been working with them for almost two years. $120k per a 40 hour/week schedule. In the NYC/LI area. Accepted.

Smaller chain
Small town in Southwest
Pharmacy Manager
Salaried 130-140k (50% rate while grad intern)
Accepted offer

Big Chain
Large Metro area in Southwest
Pharmacy Manager
Salaried 125-130k
Declined

Grocery chain
Small town in Northwest
Floater 30 hr/wk guaranteed
$55-60/hr
Declined

You're getting offered a manager position right out of school? Good lord, must be at a Walmart in an undesirable location. For the longest time I heard of a $140k/yr manager job in Oklahoma that was open for THREE YEARS. Gave it to a guy not out of school for a year.

Mgr jobs for chains are better than for Wal-Mart or grocery stores... Way more bonus.... Top performer can net you a cool 40k bonus.. Avg Joe in a good store, still 30k more pay than staff when all is said and done , and most work can be delegated.

Kansas City market
$12x,xxx per 40 hour/wk

You probably just outed yourself by posting such an exact salary. Just sayin might want to consider editing that. There are a lot of people in your chain making less than that, and a resourceful person could pinpoint your store using the rate app.

Last edited:
You probably just outed yourself by posting such an exact salary. Just sayin might want to consider editing that. There are a lot of people in your chain making less than that, and a resourceful person could pinpoint your store using the rate app.
I edited it. I also appreciate the advice.....luckily everyone in the KC district pretty much got the same offer as I've heard from a few friends mentioning they got the same amount.

Just a word of advice, do not put your specific location down or your store number. You never know who reads these forums.

I edited it. I also appreciate the advice.....luckily everyone in the KC district pretty much got the same offer as I've heard from a few friends mentioning they got the same amount.
Nice

Yeah just saying cause some people in 2014 were getting 124 and boy are they mad when they found out some in same district are making $700/month more