PhD/PsyD 2015-2016 PostDoc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eeaaagggllee

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Apologies in advance. I seem to be the only person confused about postdoc apps -- if we're interested in pursuing a formal postdoc, are we supposed to register using the appic website? (I remember receiving an email about how the glitches have been fixed) AND does it cost as much as internship or do we directly submit our applications to the sites?

Members don't see this ad.

Apologies in advance. I seem to be the only person confused about postdoc apps -- if we're interested in pursuing a formal postdoc, are we supposed to register using the appic website? (I remember receiving an email about how the glitches have been fixed) AND does it cost as much as internship or do we directly submit our applications to the sites?

It depends on the site. I applied for formal postdocs for 2015-2016. Most of sites required that I send materials directly to them; however, there were about 3 or 4 that required the APPACAS. I think they were about $20-$25 each.

My recommendation would be to sign up for the Postdoc-network listserv provided by APPIC. It's free and you will get frequent updates on available postdoc positions (formal and informal) as well as job postings. Go here to learn how to sign up: https://appic.org/E-Mail-Lists/Choose-a-discussion-list/Postdoc-Network .

Many of the available formal postdocs will not have an actual APPIC listing. The postdoc network listserv is a great way to find out about formal postdocs that are not listed. It's how I found my upcoming position. You can use APPA-CAS to apply for postdocs, but I've heard very mixed reviews and I don't think the process is nearly as streamlined as for internships.