-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 University of Nevada Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
anyone?
nothing yet...anyone?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Spoke to the Admissions Coordinator yesterday and they haven't even begun sending out secondaries yet. 🙂
Still no secondaries????
Still no secondaries????
"I have not begun sending out Secondary invitations yet. This week is Orientation for our matriculating class of 2015; I will begin sending out Secondary applications within the next couple weeks."
Directly from UNSOM.
You are the hero this thread needed.Spoke to the Admissions Coordinator yesterday and they haven't even begun sending out secondaries yet. 🙂
What do you guys think is a competitive mcat score for the new MCAT for Reno?
Rejected pre-secondary.
Were you IS or OOS?
From what I understand, Nevada only offers secondaries very selectively to OOS applicants later in the cycle. Any one know if that's true?
Saw on MSAR that they consider a small number of applicants from various states, AZ included. Keeping my fingers crossed 🙂
Oos but az resident and went to school in nm and Mcat score was above their threshold so idk?
They are VERY selective for OOS students. They will only look at students from Alaska, Arizona, Idaho, Montana, NM, Oregon, Utah and Wyoming, and they only have 10 seats for students from those states. I know this school very well and they are also big on holistic revisions, so it is possible that you did not fit what they are looking for in a med student.Oos but az resident and went to school in nm and Mcat score was above their threshold so idk?
Sorry to hear about your rejection! 🙁 Good luck in the rest of the application process!
As an MCAT instructor for a couple prep companies, I can tell you that no one really knows what the new "competitive score" is right now because it's so new, and of course they base competitiveness on the scores of those who matriculate and then the level of competitiveness by the competitiveness of the school they matriculate at. A competitive score back in the day was to be a 30-ish (10s all through), and that would be a 508 on the new exam because that would be equivalent of 10s in all sections.What do you guys think is a competitive mcat score for the new MCAT for Reno?
I bet a lot of schools will use the same idea of having a 127 as being a 10-ish, but also I feel that schools will really be using percentiles more frequently.
Good luck! 🙂
For the secondary, it asks you to list anything you've done relative to the field of medicine but only things not included on your AMCAS. However you can't leave it blank if you've already put everything on AMCAS. Thoughts?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For the secondary, it asks you to list anything you've done relative to the field of medicine but only things not included on your AMCAS. However you can't leave it blank if you've already put everything on AMCAS. Thoughts?
It says on the instructions page that if you have nothing to add, you do not have to complete the box. People from last year said they typed in the box that they had nothing to add.
I submitted the secondary today.
Noticed that after posting haha thanks for the feedback.
II today scheduled for 9/9/2015!
Anyone else in-state not receive a secondary yet?
Is Nevada just very slow on getting secondaries out? I've partly wondered if I somehow have missed either a rejection or the secondary, can't seem to find it in my inbox or spam though. I'm OOS Utah
Awesome! When did you submit your secondary?II today scheduled for 9/9/2015!
Awesome! When did you submit your secondary?
Last Friday. I was surprised how fast the turn around time was.
For those interested, in state and received secondary this morning.
I am an Idaho resident and I am still waiting to hear back... 🙁
II just now.
Does anyone know how late the interviews go? I'm just trying to think about flights and if I could do a same day flight out.
There is an agenda posted on the thread from last year, so it might end around 2:15pm. Not sure though.Does anyone know how late the interviews go? I'm just trying to think about flights and if I could do a same day flight out.
Depends if you're group A or B. Group A interviews in the morning and is done at 2:15 group B interviews at 2:15 so they're done around 3:30.
Perfect, thanks so much!Depends if you're group A or B. Group A interviews in the morning and is done at 2:15 group B interviews at 2:15 so they're done around 3:30.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected this morning. OOS, 3.5/513
Congrats! Stats?Secondary Invite. Utah resident.
Interview invite. LizzyM 72. From Utah.Congrats! Stats?
When were you complete?Interview invite. LizzyM 72. From Utah.
II received this past Friday... Utah resident completed on 09/23.
Can anyone post the secondary app questions? I'm in a bit of a bind with my turn-around. I was sent a secondary to a bad email address that had been corrected and re-submitted on my amcas app, but followed-up with admissions this Friday and their working to get it re-sent. Apparently they have to have the software developer initiate that and they missed them Friday. If I'm held to the 5 working day turn-around, my deadline will be this Monday (when I'll be working), but as implied, I haven't seen the app at all.
You are required to have a picture, three proofs of your residency, and the following questions:
Briefly explain, specifically, why you want to attend the University of Nevada School of Medicine.
(Please list only experiences not already included on your AMCAS application) Indicated any paid or volunteer work experience, activities, or duties and the amount of time spent which you feel to be relevant to the study of medicine (Note: include dates and hours)
Have you had any practical experience in laboratory or medical research? Please provide a brief description.
Is there anything else you would like to tell us?
You also need to put in the required coursework. In short, it is a very reasonable secondary application. (And they charge $45 for their secondary which is one of the most reasonable I've seen).
Briefly explain, specifically, why you want to attend the University of Nevada School of Medicine.
(Please list only experiences not already included on your AMCAS application) Indicated any paid or volunteer work experience, activities, or duties and the amount of time spent which you feel to be relevant to the study of medicine (Note: include dates and hours)
Have you had any practical experience in laboratory or medical research? Please provide a brief description.
Is there anything else you would like to tell us?
You also need to put in the required coursework. In short, it is a very reasonable secondary application. (And they charge $45 for their secondary which is one of the most reasonable I've seen).
Have they sent you the interview day agenda yet? In the interview invite email they said they'd send it the week before, but I still haven't gotten anything.
Nothing on my end yet, either. I'm guessing that the agenda will be sent out today or tomorrow...
Thanks for the info. Good luck with your interview!Just had it sent to my e-mail today, but I also interview this week!
If I am OOS, from Arizona, and have not received a secondary yet, should I have called them a long time ago? Is it super selective about sending out secondaries?
I think they are very selective of out of state applicants because they only offered 48 interviews to out of state people last year. I am a reapplicant and did not receive a secondary from this school last year, but did this year. They seem somewhat quick to reject out of state pre-secondary apps if they are not interested once your app has been reviewed.If I am OOS, from Arizona, and have not received a secondary yet, should I have called them a long time ago? Is it super selective about sending out secondaries?
So I should have received a rejection pre-secondary by now then? My primary was completed and sent to all my schools in middle of July......and I have not heard back from this school.....lolI think they are very selective of out of state applicants because they only offered 48 interviews to out of state people last year. I am a reapplicant and did not receive a secondary from this school last year, but did this year. They seem somewhat quick to reject out of state pre-secondary apps if they are not interested once your app has been reviewed.
If you haven't gotten a rejection email, then you are still in the pile I would think. They seem to reject as they review, but you can always call and ask.So I should have received a rejection pre-secondary by now then? My primary was completed and sent to all my schools in middle of July......and I have not heard back from this school.....lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Submitted Secondary and received an II 5 minutes later via e-mail conversation with the Admissions Coordinator. IS
Good luck to those still waiting!
Good luck to those still waiting!
Ten days...
I guess we will just have to wait and see. The website makes it sound like priority review applicants will hear back sooner. It doesn't say anything about instate or out.My understanding is that only in-state will be accepted on January 15th. Is this correct from what ya'll have seen/heard?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
