2015-2016 University of Nevada Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good luck to everyone today! Here's hoping we all get good news. :xf:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Wooooo! Accepted by email!
Congrats!!! Was it an individual email from Pat? The impatient side of me is wondering if she sent them out in a batch or if they'll roll in throughout the day.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!!! Was it an individual email from Pat? The impatient side of me is wondering if she sent them out in a batch or if they'll roll in throughout the day.

Thanks! Yup. Addressed to me by name in the email. Got it at 9 am. Don't worry! You will be getting one in soon I'm sure!

IS applicant. Anyone heard anything? Could they be waiting till 5pm PST?

Accepted yesterday! First choice school and first acceptance so far!

Anyone get a letter in the mail yet? And does anyone know how the wait list works here? Or how we would find out- through email or mail?

Anyone get a letter in the mail yet? And does anyone know how the wait list works here? Or how we would find out- through email or mail?
I'm pretty sure wait list is through the mail as well as rejections.

I got a rejection letter in the mail a few minutes ago. I am very sad. I really like Reno and the vibes this school gave. I would have been happy to attend here. I have no doubt that upon attending this school, it's staff will do all they can to help you succeed. I interviewed October 22nd. LizzyM 72. Out of State Applicant. Good luck to the rest of the applicants, especially those I interviewed with. You were a cool group.

For those who are either on the wait list or rejected, does it show the decision on the application portal?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who are either on the wait list or rejected, does it show the decision on the application portal?
Not that I could see..... so you probably will be reviewed in February or hopefully not March. Waiting is no fun...

Joining the party a little late, but I was accepted on January 15th. I'm an OOS applicant from Utah. Good luck to everyone out there hoping for good news on the 15th!

Anyone know when they'll do the next round of acceptances since Monday is a holiday?

I tried calling to ask just now, but nobody answered.

Last year they said if the 15th falls on a holiday they try their best to have decisions out the Friday before, but no guarantees.

Nothing so far. Hope they weren't sent out last Friday.

Has anyone called?

Are only waitlists sent out on March 15th? or are acceptances sent out too?

I keep refreshing this feed and my email hoping to find something out. Just waiting...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    146.2 KB · Views: 57
Same. Reading last year's thread, it seems like emails went out on the 13th though. Hoping that's not the case. Thinking 5pm PST is the latest the could email today?

I just called and was told that this month's acceptances have been sent already. Best of luck to those still waiting.

I just called and was told that this month's acceptances have been sent already. Best of luck to those still waiting.
I just called Ms. Kornze and they said decisions haven't been sent yet

I just called Ms. Kornze and they said decisions haven't been sent yet
I did not speak with Ms. Kornze, just called the number given on MSAR. Wondering why we got different answers though.

Did Mrs. Kornze imply that emails would be going out today?

Just received the email. Accepted.

Reactions: 2 users
ACCEPTED!!! Couldn't be happier to be a Nevadan! Anyone have any input on where to rent off campus for a small family?

ACCEPTED!!! Couldn't be happier to be a Nevadan! Anyone have any input on where to rent off campus for a small family?

First, congrats!

upload_2016-2-17_18-29-23.jpeg

Second, I'm stoked another accepted person has kids! (I'm assuming that's what you meant by family)

OOS applicant, just received alternate letter by certified mail. Anyone know how much waitlist movement they see?

OOS applicant, just received alternate letter by certified mail. Anyone know how much waitlist movement they see?
Congrats on still being in the running. It's rough not knowing where you stand. I haven't heard anything yet. What state are you in?

Congrats on still being in the running. It's rough not knowing where you stand. I haven't heard anything yet. What state are you in?

Remember, at this school they say no new is good news!

It's kind of funny to me that I check the mail everyday hoping to find nothing.

Agreed. But ideally you will receive an email prior to a letter arriving in the mail! You are still in the running to be admitted outright. Hopefully March 15th will be an awesome day for you!

Any accepted students receive the letter with the MyNevada info in it yet? Just wondering when to expect it. Thanks!

Any accepted students receive the letter with the MyNevada info in it yet? Just wondering when to expect it. Thanks!

I was accepted on January 15th. The envelope that my acceptance packet was sent in shows a postmark date of the 19th, and I received the package on the 23rd (I'm OOS). If you haven't received anything yet, it might be due to a delay in when the school mailed everything for the February batch of acceptances.

I was accepted on January 15th. The envelope that my acceptance packet was sent in shows a postmark date of the 19th, and I received the package on the 23rd (I'm OOS). If you haven't received anything yet, it might be due to a delay in when the school mailed everything for the February batch of acceptances.
I received the acceptance packet a couple days after my email, but no info on the myNevada log in yet. Maybe I'll call tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G900V using SDN mobile

I received the acceptance packet a couple days after my email, but no info on the myNevada log in yet. Maybe I'll call tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G900V using SDN mobile
My bad. I forgot that the MyNevada info was sent out separately. I received the MyNevada info in the first week of February; so if the same timeline applies, you should be okay not having received it yet.

Hi everyone!

I am hoping to apply to UNR in the upcoming cycle, and I would love to hear any of your thoughts on the program after applying. Particularly from those who interviewed and/or have been accepted. Thanks in advance!

Just got a call from Pat and was accepted off the waitlist! Will be matriculating at my state school for tuition reasons but this was a HARD one to turn down. I absolutely loved the program here. For those interested, I interviewed in mid November (last date of their cycle), OOS from New Mexico, and Lizzy M around 69 I think.
Best of luck to all those matriculating, still waiting to hear some good news (it's coming for at least one of you now for sure!), and to all those lurking for the 16-17 cycle!

Was accepted off the waitlist May 9th. Very exciting news to hear. Reno was my top choice. To all of you still on the waitlist, don't give up hope. It is moving and it could be you next. Best of luck to everyone.