-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 University of Nevada Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Wooooo! Accepted by email!
Congrats!!! Was it an individual email from Pat? The impatient side of me is wondering if she sent them out in a batch or if they'll roll in throughout the day.Wooooo! Accepted by email!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!!! Was it an individual email from Pat? The impatient side of me is wondering if she sent them out in a batch or if they'll roll in throughout the day.
Thanks! Yup. Addressed to me by name in the email. Got it at 9 am. Don't worry! You will be getting one in soon I'm sure!
I appreciate the optimism! 😀Thanks! Yup. Addressed to me by name in the email. Got it at 9 am. Don't worry! You will be getting one in soon I'm sure!
I'm worrying. Lol. Maybe next time......Thanks! Yup. Addressed to me by name in the email. Got it at 9 am. Don't worry! You will be getting one in soon I'm sure!
Accepted yesterday! First choice school and first acceptance so far!
Accepted yesterday! First choice school and first acceptance so far!
Congrats!
Anyone get a letter in the mail yet? And does anyone know how the wait list works here? Or how we would find out- through email or mail?
I'm pretty sure wait list is through the mail as well as rejections.Anyone get a letter in the mail yet? And does anyone know how the wait list works here? Or how we would find out- through email or mail?
I got a rejection letter in the mail a few minutes ago. I am very sad. I really like Reno and the vibes this school gave. I would have been happy to attend here. I have no doubt that upon attending this school, it's staff will do all they can to help you succeed. I interviewed October 22nd. LizzyM 72. Out of State Applicant. Good luck to the rest of the applicants, especially those I interviewed with. You were a cool group.
Not that I could see..... so you probably will be reviewed in February or hopefully not March. Waiting is no fun...For those who are either on the wait list or rejected, does it show the decision on the application portal?
Joining the party a little late, but I was accepted on January 15th. I'm an OOS applicant from Utah. Good luck to everyone out there hoping for good news on the 15th!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know when they'll do the next round of acceptances since Monday is a holiday?
Anyone heard anything today?
It's a little too quiet... Haha
I just called Ms. Kornze and they said decisions haven't been sent yetI just called and was told that this month's acceptances have been sent already. Best of luck to those still waiting.
I did not speak with Ms. Kornze, just called the number given on MSAR. Wondering why we got different answers though.I just called Ms. Kornze and they said decisions haven't been sent yet
Maybe they meant emails went out, letters in the mail haven't
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't know. She just said decisions were going out later this weekDid Mrs. Kornze imply that emails would be going out today?
Last edited:
ACCEPTED!!! Couldn't be happier to be a Nevadan! Anyone have any input on where to rent off campus for a small family?
ACCEPTED!!! Couldn't be happier to be a Nevadan! Anyone have any input on where to rent off campus for a small family?
First, congrats!
Second, I'm stoked another accepted person has kids! (I'm assuming that's what you meant by family)
First, congrats!
View attachment 200559
Second, I'm stoked another accepted person has kids! (I'm assuming that's what you meant by family)
Haha yep. Just a little guy (under a year).
Congrats on still being in the running. It's rough not knowing where you stand. I haven't heard anything yet. What state are you in?OOS applicant, just received alternate letter by certified mail. Anyone know how much waitlist movement they see?
Congrats on still being in the running. It's rough not knowing where you stand. I haven't heard anything yet. What state are you in?
Remember, at this school they say no new is good news!
It's kind of funny to me that I check the mail everyday hoping to find nothing.Remember, at this school they say no new is good news!
It's kind of funny to me that I check the mail everyday hoping to find nothing.
Agreed. But ideally you will receive an email prior to a letter arriving in the mail! You are still in the running to be admitted outright. Hopefully March 15th will be an awesome day for you!
Waitlisted via snail mail today. Interviewed mid November.
Any accepted students receive the letter with the MyNevada info in it yet? Just wondering when to expect it. Thanks!
Any accepted students receive the letter with the MyNevada info in it yet? Just wondering when to expect it. Thanks!
I was accepted on January 15th. The envelope that my acceptance packet was sent in shows a postmark date of the 19th, and I received the package on the 23rd (I'm OOS). If you haven't received anything yet, it might be due to a delay in when the school mailed everything for the February batch of acceptances.
I received the acceptance packet a couple days after my email, but no info on the myNevada log in yet. Maybe I'll call tomorrow.I was accepted on January 15th. The envelope that my acceptance packet was sent in shows a postmark date of the 19th, and I received the package on the 23rd (I'm OOS). If you haven't received anything yet, it might be due to a delay in when the school mailed everything for the February batch of acceptances.
Sent from my SM-G900V using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My bad. I forgot that the MyNevada info was sent out separately. I received the MyNevada info in the first week of February; so if the same timeline applies, you should be okay not having received it yet.I received the acceptance packet a couple days after my email, but no info on the myNevada log in yet. Maybe I'll call tomorrow.
Sent from my SM-G900V using SDN mobile
Accepted students facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/907681239351225/
Hi everyone!
I am hoping to apply to UNR in the upcoming cycle, and I would love to hear any of your thoughts on the program after applying. Particularly from those who interviewed and/or have been accepted. Thanks in advance!
I am hoping to apply to UNR in the upcoming cycle, and I would love to hear any of your thoughts on the program after applying. Particularly from those who interviewed and/or have been accepted. Thanks in advance!
Just got a call from Pat and was accepted off the waitlist! Will be matriculating at my state school for tuition reasons but this was a HARD one to turn down. I absolutely loved the program here. For those interested, I interviewed in mid November (last date of their cycle), OOS from New Mexico, and Lizzy M around 69 I think.
Best of luck to all those matriculating, still waiting to hear some good news (it's coming for at least one of you now for sure!), and to all those lurking for the 16-17 cycle!
Best of luck to all those matriculating, still waiting to hear some good news (it's coming for at least one of you now for sure!), and to all those lurking for the 16-17 cycle!
Was accepted off the waitlist May 9th. Very exciting news to hear. Reno was my top choice. To all of you still on the waitlist, don't give up hope. It is moving and it could be you next. Best of luck to everyone.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
