You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015 Community College/Advanced Placement and DS Admission
Started by doc toothache
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Thanks again, Doc. If a school is not listed, does that mean they don't have a policy yet for AP? I have AP Lit and Lang (and Psych) so that might solve my English coursework dilemma for some schools. Hopefully by next year when I apply, more schools will just accept the AP for the English and Psych requirements.
Thank you!
I have a quick question: what defines a CC? I went to a college before transferring to a university but I don't think it's a community college. However I did receive my AA there. I know they also offer bachelor's degrees. Should I consider it as a CC?
Here's the website to the school if you needed a closer look: http://www.sfcollege.edu
Thanks again!
I have a quick question: what defines a CC? I went to a college before transferring to a university but I don't think it's a community college. However I did receive my AA there. I know they also offer bachelor's degrees. Should I consider it as a CC?
Here's the website to the school if you needed a closer look: http://www.sfcollege.edu
Thanks again!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Community College- a 2 year college offering an AA/AS degreeThank you!
I have a quick question: what defines a CC? I went to a college before transferring to a university but I don't think it's a community college. However I did receive my AA there. I know they also offer bachelor's degrees. Should I consider it as a CC?
Here's the website to the school if you needed a closer look: http://www.sfcollege.edu
Thanks again!
College-A 4 year college offering a bachelor degree usually in a single discipline- eg liberal arts/sciences
University-A 4 year+ institution offering a degree in 2 or more disciplines; college of education, college of pharmacy, college of fine arts, liberal arts college, college of engineering, etc.
Last edited:
Crap... I can't apply to 3 schools I was really hoping on getting in...
For OHIO you have listed not rec? What does that mean? I asked them and they said they do accept CC credits, but only a few.For 2015 a few schools have become more lenient on their stance on accepting CC/ AP credits.
It means that some dss believe that courses taken at a CC are not at the same level as those taken at a university.For OHIO you have listed not rec? What does that mean? I asked them and they said they do accept CC credits, but only a few.
I'm applying this cycle. I APed out of Gen Chem and have only taken Physical Chemistry (pchem) lecture as far as inorganic chem goes. I want to apply to a few dental schools that don't accept AP for prereqs. I have already graduated, and I am currently working. If I put gen chem as a "planned course" for winter semester (January 2016), would it hinder my chance of being extended an interview? I scored 21 on GC, 22 TS, 3.3 GPA.
*First time posting, boyfriend let me use his account to post since I don't have one. I would really appreciate responses🙂
*First time posting, boyfriend let me use his account to post since I don't have one. I would really appreciate responses🙂
Interesting, since in general, a year of general chemistry is prerequisite for p chem. You could always check with the schools in question and see if they will let you slide by. Physics/English are the two least critical courses when in comes to ds.I'm applying this cycle. I APed out of Gen Chem and have only taken Physical Chemistry (pchem) lecture as far as inorganic chem goes. I want to apply to a few dental schools that don't accept AP for prereqs. I have already graduated, and I am currently working. If I put gen chem as a "planned course" for winter semester (January 2016), would it hinder my chance of being extended an interview? I scored 21 on GC, 22 TS, 3.3 GPA.
*First time posting, boyfriend let me use his account to post since I don't have one. I would really appreciate responses🙂
Last edited:
I have a tons of CC credits. In fact, except Physics, Biochem and some other Bio classes, I took all prereqs at my CC. Assuming I'd kill the Dat and have a great Gpa after transferring to a 4-year university, would I still be at disavantage when compared to applicants who went to 4-year institution only? 🙁
I have a tons of CC credits. In fact, except Physics, Biochem and some other Bio classes, I took all prereqs at my CC. Assuming I'd kill the Dat and have a great Gpa after transferring to a 4-year university, would I still be at disavantage when compared to applicants who went to 4-year institution only? 🙁
As long as you did well in those CC classes and continued to do well in upper-level science classes at the university, you'll be fine.
D
deleted738762
AMAZING!
Smoooch
Hello All :-) nice to meet you !
Thank you very muchFor 2015 a few schools have become more lenient on their stance on accepting CC/ AP credits.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 3K