2015 Osteopathic Medical College Information Book

Started by DoctorS_
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Is Rowan a state school? They have a pretty big difference between IS and OOS tuition. Is that just to discourage OOS students?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NSU is a Florida public school, so they are cheaper for residents.
They're not public. A simple google search could answer this. I'm not sure why OOS tuition is more. Perhaps the state subsidizes some of the medical school education, but you could always call and ask.
 
Wow, thank you for posting this. I've been in MD land forever and I had no idea the CIB was free! The MSAR was about $20.

Anyway, it looks like the CIB doesn't have average gpa and mcat statistics for each school. Am I reading it wrong? Do I just have to go to each school's website to find that?
 
Wow, thank you for posting this. I've been in MD land forever and I had no idea the CIB was free! The MSAR was about $20.

Anyway, it looks like the CIB doesn't have average gpa and mcat statistics for each school. Am I reading it wrong? Do I just have to go to each school's website to find that?
You're reading correctly and yes to your last question.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You're reading correctly and yes to your last question.
even so, not all schools post their accepted averages. most actually make suggestions as to what you should have. i wish DO schools were a little more transparent in that respect. It would be a lot more beneficial to prospective students for sure
 
even so, not all schools post their accepted averages. most actually make suggestions as to what you should have. i wish DO schools were a little more transparent in that respect. It would be a lot more beneficial to prospective students for sure

That's really weird to me. I wonder why MD schools all do this and organize it pretty easily in the MSAR but not the DO schools.
 
I noticed that many DO school websites just state that a competitive applicant typically has above a 3.2 and 27 MCAT but nothing about their own statistics. Not all schools do this on their site but several do.
 
optimistic3 said:
Wow, thank you for posting this. I've been in MD land forever and I had no idea the CIB was free! The MSAR was about $20.

Anyway, it looks like the CIB doesn't have average gpa and mcat statistics for each school. Am I reading it wrong? Do I just have to go to each school's website to find that?
There is usually a thread or two each year with compiled averages for each school. Most come from either school websites, med students, or people who go to interviews and find out. Some is hear say, but I'd say most are reasonably reliable.
 
This book would be great if they put MCAT and GPA data for each school like the MSAR does, that would take a lot of the guess work out of it.