2016-2017 APPIC Internship Interview Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Massachusetts General Hospital
Rejection
Mass Email 12/5 6:29 PM

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else still waiting on an email from the Texas Child Study Center? The forum says they sent out invitations for interviews on the 18th and multiple rejections last week. Today was the deadline for notification and I have heard nothing. I plan to email the training director tomorrow.

Massachusetts General Hospital APPIC #1329
Rejection
12/5
Mass E-mail

- Providence Saint John's CFDC
- Invite
- Date notified: 12/5
- Mass email
- Interview dates: 1/1, 1/5, 1/6, 1/9, 1/10/ 1/12, 1/13, 1/17, 1/18, 1/19, 1/20, 1/23, 1/24; and open house 1/6 & 1/20
- Positive mind set ~ sending out good vibes into the universe @_@

Reactions: 2 users
UC-Davis CAARE Center
CAARE Center Track
Invitation to interview
Rec'd 12/1 phone call
Interview dates: 1/11, 1/17, 1/18

It looks like UC Davis has sent both interview invitations and rejections. I applied and have not received anything from them yet. Is anyone else in a similar situation?

It looks like UC Davis has sent both interview invitations and rejections. I applied and have not received anything from them yet. Is anyone else in a similar situation?

It looks like they are sending them out in waves. I received an interview the day after the first interviews were reported. Don't lose hope!

Reactions: 1 user

Edit: user above said waves.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard from a friend that Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) sent out their invites in a mass email today

-University of Houston-Clear Lake Counseling Services
-Invite
-Notified 12/5/16
-Mass Email
-Interview dates: 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/9, 1/10, 1/11

Cal State Long Beach CAPS
Invite
Notified 12/5/16
Mass email
Interview dates: 12/16 and 12/20 (phone only)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

VA Los Angeles Ambulatory Care Center (LAACC)
Invite
Notified: 12/5/16
Mass Email
Interview Dates: 1/4, 1/9, 1/11,/ 1/12

Yale, The Consultation Center - my top choice #bummer
Rejection
Mass Email, personalized letter attached.
December 2, 2016

UCLA
Rejection
December 2, 2016
Mas Email

University of Souther California
Rejection
Mass Email, very unprofessional
December 3, 2016

Cincinnati Children's Medical Center, O'Grady Residency in Psychology
Clinical Child Track
Rejection
Received 12/6
Personalized email

Long Island Jewish Medical Center- The Zucker Hillside Hospital
Adult Track
Invite- Mass email 12/6/16
Interviews: 12/22; 1/4; 1,12- fill out doodle poll

Anyone hear from ABBH other than the neuro track?

Last edited:
Nassau University Medical Center
Invite- Personal email
Interview dates: 12/14-15; 12/20-21; 1/3-1/6; 1/11

-Site name & Match ID number: University of Central Florida Counseling and Psychological Services
-Invite
-Date notified - 12/6/16
-How notified - personal email
-Interview date - Skype interviews conducted between the dates of December 13-23, 2016 and from January 3-5, 2017; Open House on Monday, January 23, 2016, for candidates who are still being considered

Yale, The Consultation Center - my top choice #bummer
Rejection
Mass Email, personalized letter attached.
December 2, 2016

UCLA
Rejection
December 2, 2016
Mas Email

University of Souther California
Rejection
Mass Email, very unprofessional
December 3, 2016

Thanks for sharing. Are the UCLA and USC programs for their counseling centers? Or other types of sites? I know there are several USC and UCLA affiliated sites, so just wondering which ones these emails were from!

Cincinnati Children's Medical Center, O'Grady Residency in Psychology
Behavioral Medicine Track
Rejection
Received 12/6
Personalized email

Is anyone else still waiting on an email from the Texas Child Study Center? The forum says they sent out invitations for interviews on the 18th and multiple rejections last week. Today was the deadline for notification and I have heard nothing. I plan to email the training director tomorrow.
Well, I emailed the TD and she responded with a letter apologizing for not contacting me. I didn't get an invitation to interview...I wonder if my application was even reviewed.

UT Dallas Student Counseling Center
Invite
12/6
Skype and onsite interviews the week of 12/9

Texas Child Study Center
Pediatric/Clinical Child and Primary Care
Rejection
Personal email; 12/6/16

here is ther exact message that I received

Hello, Unfortunately, we will not be offering you an interview at our site for the upcoming training year.
That's all it said?! Good Lord, would it have killed them to add a sentence or two thanking you for applying, telling you they had lots of competitive applicants, etc.? I'm really sorry :(

Reactions: 1 users
I have emailed two schools about not hearing either way since invites and rejections have been sent out and have not heard back. Probably just means that they didnt get in touch for whatever reason, right?

Has anyone heard from any of the agencies in the Wichita Collaborative psychology internship consortium?

I saw that Montefiore's child track sent out invites. Anyone hear from adult?

That's all it said?! Good Lord, would it have killed them to add a sentence or two thanking you for applying, telling you they had lots of competitive applicants, etc.? I'm really sorry :(
I agree, my rejections have been really long and generic but at least they seemed professional. It doesn't take much to copy and paste a professional rejection, or attach a rejection letter. I'm sorry :(

Has anyone heard from Western Youth Services ? Also has Baylor/ Texas Children's Child/Ped notification come out? I only see the neuro ones?

Oh no :( I didn't hear from them...

I don't know, this site is really popular and I feel like someone would have gotten one and posted it here if invites had really gone out. I'm still holding out hope until the notification date :)

I don't know, this site is really popular and I feel like someone would have gotten one and posted it here if invites had really gone out. I'm still holding out hope until the notification date :)
Last year, CHOP only interviewed 17% of their applicants, so the people getting the invites might just not be on here.