2016-2017 APPIC Internship Interview Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone hear from the California Pacific Medical Center Adult track?

Members don't see this ad.

Whoa, TIRR has an internship?! Missed that boat.

There is one slot for a rehabilitation neuropsychology intern at TIRR. A lot of the clinical/research work done there is with SCI, TBI, and CVA populations, as well as community reintegration and psychosocial adjustment to disability.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone hear back from Cincinnati Children's? It says they would let you know by December 1st but I have not seen anyone post...

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone hear back from Cincinnati Children's? It says they would let you know by December 1st but I have not seen anyone post...

I haven't heard back from them, but one of my friends got an interview on 11/14 so I don't think it's likely that they'll be extending any more invites

Did anyone receive a call from UMass Medical on Friday? I know they called people on Thursday--wondering whether they are all done inviting.

UCSD non VA neuro track invite gone out?

Anyone hear from the California Pacific Medical Center Adult track?
I'm still waiting to hear from them... I've heard that child/adolescent and neuro invites went out, but nothing from adult yet.

Did anyone who applied to the Long Island Jewish Zucker Hillside internship not receive and email on 12/1 saying they would send the invites out by 12/15? I didn't receive the email and now I'm worrying they didn't get my application. I've checked spam :(

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Did anyone who applied to the Long Island Jewish Zucker Hillside internship not receive and email on 12/1 saying they would send the invites out by 12/15? I didn't receive the email and now I'm worrying they didn't get my application. I've checked spam :(

That was just for Neuro I believe

Reactions: 1 users
Agreed. I applied to the Child/Adolescent track and didn't receive an email. (Re: LIJ-ZHH)

FMC - Carswell
personal email sent 12/3 (at 7PM!)
invitation for interview dates: 12/9, 12/19, 12/20, 1/17, 1/18, 1/19, 1/20, 1/23, 1/24, 1/26, 1/27, 1/30

DC VAMC
Rejection
Mass email on 12/4

Members don't see this ad :)
University of Southern California Student Counseling Services
Rejection, mass e-mail, 2/2

University of San Francisco CAPS
Rejection, personal e-mail, 2/3

Both e-mails came after 10pm (!), after I congratulated myself for refraining from obsessively checking my e-mail outside of business hours. Questions for fellow over-analyzers here: what do you think it means for a site to notify late on a Fri/Sat night?

University of Southern California Student Counseling Services
Rejection, mass e-mail, 2/2

University of San Francisco CAPS
Rejection, personal e-mail, 2/3

Both e-mails came after 10pm (!), after I congratulated myself for refraining from obsessively checking my e-mail outside of business hours. Questions for fellow over-analyzers here: what do you think it means for a site to notify late on a Fri/Sat night?

Mine is a bit different--

USF CAPS
Rejection
Mass Email
12/3

It seems like they are expecting to go into Phase II, they had a whole bit about what to do if you are still interested at the bottom.

The first page also says clinical child invites have gone out. Can anyone confirm that?
By the way, I did get confirmation that the clinical child invites have gone out for the Long Island Jewish Medical Center Zucker-Hillside Hospital.

Just curious, has anyone heard from University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital? Their notification date isn't until 12/12, but thought I'd ask!

Nope! Been anxiously waiting to hear as well. :)

so interesting... I applied to USF CAPS and haven't heard anything yet...

question: can you interview in black pants and white blouse or you need a suit?

question: can you interview in black pants and white blouse or you need a suit?

Most people will wear suits. While I most certainly would have been more physically comfortable that way, I would have felt underdressed at most of my interviews. Good luck!

Baruch Counseling Ctr
Mass email on 12/2
Invitation
Group interview dates: 12/13, 12/16, 12/20

Pilgrim State Hospital
Mass email on 12/1
Invitation
Interview dates flexible between 12/12 and 1/20

I also applied to LIJ-Zucker (Adult Track) and have not heard anything nor received the 12/1 email.

Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services
Child/Family Track
Invite
"Personal" email (with my name on it, at 8:58pm on a Sunday night...?!)
Open Houses/interviews on January 3rd and January 9th, local applicants asked to provide other days that work

Personal email 12/4
Invitation
Open house 830-1130AM Jan 3 or Jan 9
Interview dates flexible between Jan 3 and Jan 20

San Jose State University CAPS
Mass email 12/4
9:10pm Pacific
Rejection

Their official notification date was 11/30... had started to think I wasn't going to hear from them.

I just got invited to Didi Hirsch as well and now my gnawing worry about not getting interviews is being replaced with panic about having to go through interviews!!! Ahhh! :wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:

Reactions: 2 users
Mt. Sinai St. Luke's Roosevelt West
Interview Invite
Personalized(ish?) email
Interview date: 12/15/16

Really thought this one was a no go, seeing as how others received invites weeks ago. What a pleasant surprise! Keep the faith, yall!

Reactions: 2 users
Interview Invite
Personalized(ish?) email

Really thought this one was a no go, seeing as how others received invites weeks ago. What a pleasant surprise! Keep the faith, yall!

Which track?

Interview Invite
Personalized(ish?) email

Congratulations!

Child/Family Track
Invite
"Personal" email (with my name on it, at 8:58pm on a Sunday night...?!)
Open Houses/interviews on January 3rd and January 9th, local applicants asked to provide other days that work

Same -- mine arrived at about midnight EST, so I didn't see it until I woke up this morning!

North Florida/South Georgia VAMC
Rejection
Email
12/4

Apparently, they had 89 applicants and invited 50.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
North Florida/South Georgia VAMC

General Track

Invite-12/5

Personal Email

Interview dates- 1/6, 1/9, 1/20, 1/23

Hi,

I'm hoping to find someone who may be in a scheduling conflict like I am! Is anyone able to swap a 1/9 interview date at Ann & Robert Lurie Children's hospital or a 1/10 Children's Mercy interview date for different days?

Thanks!

I noticed that the NJ VA and Kings County Hospital have both sent out invites. I'm wondering if anyone else has heard from them since the notification date listed on here or if it's safe to assume those are both rejections at this point.

DC VAMC
Rejection
email on 12/4

Pennsylvania Hospital
Rejection
email on 12/5

Minneapolis VA
Neuro track
Rejection
Personal email - ish
12/5

Last edited: